Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? (7091 Views)

Smokers Are Liable To Die Young. And Your Still Smoking? / Thread For Weed Smokers. / Smokers Are Liable To Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 23, 2008
I dont know but i have seen most non smokers develop heart issues. Smokers have i seen, that have never been to the hospital before for evn minor ailment. How is thi possible?
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by 4Him1(m): 6:15pm On May 23, 2008
Genetics. Some smokers will not die however the majority will have an uphill battle with lung disease or cancer as they age. It is said that the lungs of a chronic smoker age 20yrs faster than that of a non-smoker.
So a smoker at 45 actually has 65 yr old lungs.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by Esss(m): 6:20pm On May 23, 2008
@4Him

were are those figures comin from??
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by 4Him1(m): 7:08pm On May 23, 2008
Research labs who work on smoking and its impact on the lungs. See some papers on the topic from the New England Journal of medicine.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by Nobody: 12:15am On May 30, 2008
Have u wondered why most people who really smoke has nothing of heart issues at all?

http://www.kasly.com.cn/Product_Tea.aspx
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by Leilah(f): 2:42am On May 30, 2008
it depends on the person. My dad smoked 40 a day al his life and he died at 59. very worried about my sisiter she actually smokes more than that and she is 40! my dad actually ended up dying of a pulmonary embolism (blood clot) dont kno if it was smoking related thoug. cry
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by Leilah(f): 2:44am On May 30, 2008
Note. He was a raving alcoholic for the last twently years of his life. he drank 40 beers a week.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by 4Him1(m): 5:36am On May 31, 2008
Leilah:

it depends on the person. My dad smoked 40 a day al his life and he died at 59. very worried about my sisiter she actually smokes more than that and she is 40! my dad actually ended up dying of a pulmonary embolism (blood clot) don't kno if it was smoking related thoug. cry

Certainly smoking related. Seems your sister is huttling towards the same end . . .
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by zogo(m): 6:38pm On May 31, 2008
i smoked for full nine (9) yrs, and could not quit. finally a friend gave me his simple quit formula and that same day i went through the article, i quit smoking. today am healthy.

i think the article might be helpful to you or ur friend.
go here: www.prayersdontquitsmoking..com

also forward the link through chat and ur email to friends. who knows, u might be saving someone's life somewhere.
www.prayersdontquitsmoking..com
cheers!
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by kayowalemi(m): 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2008
@poster
It is not true. U can start chain-smoking and see how long u will live and what will kill u.
Go to hospitals and tell doctors to take u around to people whose worse health conditions
are as a result of smoking.

I HAVE DONE IT AND EVEN SUGAR CONSUMPTION RELATED PATIENTS WAS SHOWN TO ME.

Oh boi, 5 minutes enjoyment doesn't worth risking ya precious life
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by angolag(m): 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2008
what is the best way to quit smoking? I have not seen any method working fine of late.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by reindeer: 12:04am On Jul 13, 2008
smokers liable to die young?
hmmm
a trial will convince you!
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 22, 2011
Its not the act of smoking that kills, but the entrapment and not able to get out of it. That is the real killer, cause no man wants to be enslaved, imprisoned or chained to anything or anybody. Everyone knows what it feels like to be free and the more we seek that freedom, we kind of get entangled more and more.

I have a good news today that will allow you the peace and freedom you seek, you can be a smoker, you can be a prostitute, you can be anything even a smuggler or an addict but its open to all and sundry who will just come into his gates with thanksgiving and praise.

These things are vices that chain us to our past, they allow the rage inside of us to boil higher and they set our anger level to the red alert warning. Many at times we seek to escape but the bounds are not even within our reach to unloosen or remove.

No man is saying you must be pure of Heart to receive the salvation of Christ but its the Holy spirit who will come within you after your salvation that will direct your ways. You can still smoke for a longer time after you are saved, you can still be an addict for far long after you are saved but it will not be with the consciousness of your spirit and as you venture into the acts, you will consciously be warning yourself against it and then it will come a time when you will not even understand the taste of tobacco, drugs, sex and others any more. You will see no reason for them at all in your life any more.

My God is a good God and he seeks your wants and desires most in all that you do. I did not quit smoking of my own accord but of God's great intervention and if you tell me you can, yes it could take a whole year, 10 years but your possibility to fall back is just a shift in that psychology that made you stop. But whatever is no longer in you through Christ Jesus, is gone forever.

Formulas are good and has proven effective in addiction but they always seems to run back when it gets worse but when the right spirit is put in you and you stop it because you know truly why you must stop it, then the spirit if it continues to upgrade your thinking and senses within, your life will be filled with a whole new perspective that the past cannot catch up with you ever again.

Remain Blessed and God blessed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For March 27 2021 In Nigeria / Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? / Constant Hotness Of The Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.