Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,682 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder (22216 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by sambos994(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
The number one goalkeeper for the Super Eagles did not cover himself in too much glory at the Confederations Cup and it was a matter of time before he was going to be dropped

EXCLUSIVE

The list of players invited for the Super Eagles’ friendly match against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa has goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama’s name conspicuously missing, though feelers from the national camp have revealed that it was always in the offing.

Revelations from the national team camp show that Enyeama was squarely blamed for the 2-1 loss to Uruguay at the Fifa Confederations Cup which condemned the Eagles to a first round ouster.

One of the players told Goal; “It was terrible the way we conceded that second goal against Uruguay and the team blamed Enyeama for not doing enough to save that [Diego] Forlan's shot.”

Second choice Austin Ejide was almost drafted in for the last group match against Spain which the Eagles lost 3-0, even though the score line would have been more emphatic but for some good saves by the Lille goalkeeper.

It is assumed that the Eagles’ coaching crew are hoping the drop will get Enyeama back on his toes and tell the goalkeepers drafted in that they can also challenge for the top goalkeeper’s place.

Enyeama has been Nigeria's number one choice in goal since the 2002 World Cup in Japan and South Korea.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/07/18/4126505/enyeama-dropped-because-of-confederations-cup-blunder?ICID=HP_HN_1
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
i hope the coach knows what he's doing because if he fails to deliver, we would eat him for dinner.

15 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by OCTAVO: 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
I guess my position is not too bad here. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by HoLEEsinner: 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
sambos994 u sabi copy and paste kai, i salute u sir, just d way i read it on goal.com/nigeria. Back 2 d enyeama, bros vincent don dey old nd he wasnt at his best in brazil. Mikel was rumored to question keshi why enyeama was the 1st choice..he needs 2 step up his game. Shikena
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by lat4real: 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
I will try harder next time, but I'm still fourth to comment nothing...

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
I disagree. No keeper in the world would have saved Forlan's shot.

40 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Articul8(m): 11:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Anyways,if dts how to get him back on his toes,no p. On d oda hand,I dnt tink all blames shld be on him.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by UDbester(m): 11:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
Change is the only constant thing!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
good development in my opinion, creates healthy competition

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by blackmann(m): 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
Some people do things without thinking sha. How was that 2nd goal the keeper's fault? Where were the defenders who were supposed to cover the keeper up? These dumb shaitheads always take one step forward and two steps backwards. No wonder our football is in shambles.

7 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Palin: 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Decapo: 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
CFCfan: I disagree. No keeper in the world would have saved Forlan's shot.
that statement is too broad. Definitely, there would be keepers who have saved shots that were better than Forlan's.

8 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by OCTAVO: 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ok, time to sleep.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Bad idea undecided
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by omiobo: 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
These people are crazy.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by OCTAVO: 11:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
Really?
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
what a dumb move.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by comrChris(m): 11:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
ok bt dey should knw no body s above mistake
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Carlos266: 11:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Isnt dat coach aware dat witout enyeama at d post,d team is done for
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by zumarock9(m): 11:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
is it nt this same eyeama that use to sleep on the post and forget him self

****jst passin with ful speed*****
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by pekelepekele(m): 11:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
#1 reason why nigeria football will never progress unless they change is that they always think you should go there and win and never lose , once you lose they will start debating of getting a new coach and if you win they will nearly move the whole public funds into your account.

In any competition , some have to lose while some wins and i don't think any tipster would have predicted Nigeria to draw or win the match we played against uruguay.

This time it is not the coach anymore but the goal keeper just imagine the way they are blaming a goal keeper that did a fantastic job during afcon , You guys have forgotten that so soon .

Well am here waiting to see the goal keeper you will use against SA .

Nigeria smh

Watch that second goal highlight below and tell me if any keeper will be able to catch that ball and even the first goal is not a easy one for a goal keeper to catch if he manage to punch it out , that player will re-kick the ball into the net .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb3gDzWzRIY

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by powerblaze(m): 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
He shud have saved the first goal.. Twas poorly tapped by the uruguay play, yet Enyeama somehow let it slip past him.
But the second goal? Cmon yal! Thats like expecting a goal keeper to save Neymar's goal. Some goals are simply made to go straight into the net, regardless of who's between the sticks

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by kq(m): 11:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
abeg this story is filled with speculation jare......
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by dayokanu(m): 11:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
[size=13pt]WHat about Ahmed Musa who lost the ball that led to the counter attack[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Ichel: 11:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
Welcome to nigeria*in akon's voice: u can put d blame on me*
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Afam4eva(m): 11:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
I think Enyeama is one of the best goalies in the world. Any keeper would have conceded the goals he conceded. But i think Austin Ejide is equally good.
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by dabrake(m): 11:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
idnoble135:
that statement is too broad. Definitely, there would be keepers who have saved shots that were better than Forlan's.
Let me help CFCFan rephrase that statement. NO goalkeeper, dead, alive and unborn will save Forlan's shot.
Neuer + Buffon + Cesar + Casillas will not save the shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoxZk_4IE6Y

We should give a critical and analytical assessment on the shot nah. First touch.

5 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by NNMUU(m): 11:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
So because a player messed up in a tournament he should be removed??
That's crap!!
In that case Ideye should be removed, Gambo shouldn't even be considered being called up for the national team.
Enyeama did pretty well, he had some lovely saves against Spain. He still remains the best keeper we have currently.
Keshi I really hope u won't regret this action ur taking.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
Enyeama is far better than valdez & pepe Reina bliv it or not it just that nigerians dnt value what they have.what of TAHITI goalkeeper? What of spainish goalkeeper when brazil win them 3 0?...who wil keep like him wit de rubish our super eagles are playing now?smh if we loose Enyeama na 9ja wel trained tahiti goalkeeper una go see.

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
stephen keshi is clueless. No doubt abt dt
Re: Enyeama Dropped Because Of Confederations Cup Blunder by Supermajor(m): 11:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
[quote author=lucenzo]i hope the coach knows what he's doing because if he fails to deliver, we would eat him for dinner.[/quote
Abah !!!! dinnner is to far na! Why not breakfasr?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Signs 2-year Extension Deal With Man City / Puyol Arrives Nigeria Today On 3-day Tour / Sunday Oliseh Reveals The Secret Behind The Success Of The 1994 Super Eagles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.