Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop (31085 Views)

Driver Jumps Off Bridge To Escape Arrest / Yahoo Boy Runs Mad In Lagos; Jumps Out Of His Range Rover And Tears Clothes -Pic / Man Jumps Over Obalende Bridge , Dies On Sighting Taskforce Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Ijeleigbo(m): 12:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
In what appeared to be a suicide mission, a 45-year-old woman, identified as Ruth Amusan, allegedly jumped into lagoon at Leventist bus stop on Lagos Island yesterday and got drowned.

Witnesses said the woman jumped into the lagoon about noon, after ruminating by the bank of the lagoon for hours.

Observers had initially thought she was enjoying the fresh breeze from the lagoon. They were, however, taken aback when she suddenly dived into the lagoon. Her body was taken out of the water when it floated later.

The National Identity Card recovered from Amusan showed that she resided at No 1, Sule Street, Ijegun, Ikotun Egbe, Lagos.

Documents in a black polythene bag found at the bank of the lagoon, where witnesses said the woman had sat down for hours before jumping into the water, include Union Bank Savings Withdrawal Voucher, Union Bank Savings Deposit Voucher and Dividend Cheque of N8,000 issued by Union Registrars.

Those who retrieved the woman’s body said they were not around when she committed suicide, adding that their attention was drawn to her floating body.

“We just saw her body floating at the other end and we managed to get two ladders nearby which we used to draw out her body,” one of them said.

Another witness said: “I sighted the woman sitting there for long today, but I did not know when she jumped into the water.”

When our correspondent visited the scene about 1.30pm, sympathisers gathered around the woman’s body.

Some names and phone numbers were written on some of the papers in the woman’s bag.

When contacted on phone, one of them, Ayo Adetola, said the deceased was a relative.

Another, who identified himself as Akin Amusan, said the deceased was his elder sister.

He said the deceased had been having some mental problems.

When our correspondent asked if it was possible for the body of a drowned person to float within a few hours, a Marine police officer, who craved anonymity, said it was possible if the spot was not deep.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/45-year-old-woman-jumps-into-lagos-lagoon/

1 Like

Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by amiskurie(m): 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2013
MissYuzedo: the pischures remands me of hows i positions for mai sweetus yuzedo longpipe
na from back yuzedo dey ping ur blackberry....hmmm!

5 Likes

Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by alaoeri: 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
Eyah life don tire d woman.
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Onyenna(m): 2:28pm On Jul 19, 2013
WTF!!!!..... Mentally deranged.......it's a pity...
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Ibangap(m): 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
R.I.P.
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Ijeleigbo(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
cheesy HURRAY!!!!! I made the front page again......
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
Lol
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by bimflash(f): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
Na wa o
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Ojeremi(m): 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
hope she didnt die finish,...
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2013
na heartbreak make her jump inside lagoon..
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Akinolore(m): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
This is a sad story. Rest in peace the dead, may God forgive u of all ur sins. Amin

6 Likes

Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by FulaniBOII(m): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
eiya she get mental
problem. embarassed
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by BCELLS(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
RIP 2d dead!Why is suicide attempt rate so high&prevalent in Nigeria? Jonathan,c wia u av led Nigeria 2!Nigeria is gradually decomposing!smh

2 Likes

Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
Was a new mod employed? too many hidden post today.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by aozioma: 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
THAT ONE NO BI REST IN PEACE
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by wellmax(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
What a pity! There is no reason for soneone to take his/her life.
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Lilimax(f): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
Suicide tinz
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by sambos994(m): 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
B_CELLS: RIP 2d dead!Why is suicide attempt rate so high&prevalent in Nigeria? Jonathan,c wia u av led Nigeria 2!Nigeria is gradually decomposing!smh

How is it high and prevalent? Anyways RIP
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Josh316(m): 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
SCHIZOPHRENIA... With all the voices in her head... One of the commonest Mental Illnesses around. Shame she wasn't given proper medical attention. Psychiatry in Nigeria is still way back! RIP Poor Lady

5 Likes

Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Onyenna(m): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ijele-igbo:
cheesy HURRAY!!!!! I made the front page again......

Congratulations......

1 Like

Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Onyenna(m): 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
gboss4sure: Was a new mod employed? too many hidden post today.

I tire oooh
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Burger01(m): 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
amiskurie:
na from back yuzedo dey ping ur blackberry....hmmm!
Na wa o..

sad

1 Like

Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by RINE1: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
Abeg i day look 4 where i go bay garri since i make front page.#yawns#
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by UjSizzle(f): 2:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Mamiwater was calling
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by touchmeder: 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
RIP madam. What were her loved ones trying to do or doing about her mental state? its well
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
Look at all the gbeboruns in that picture. RIP to the woman. I wonder what was going on with her or what type of weight she was carrying on her shoulders. sad sad
Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by Orikinla(m): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Woman Jumps Into Lagos Lagoon At Leventist Bus Stop by deshclones(m): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
The first comment got me laughing...why on earth did the mod hide it??..make person laff jare.

@topic...why do people from that part of nigeria always tk the suicide option?? Suicide is cowardly and selfish..why on earth will anybody commit suicide??...na why I love ma eastern brothers...man must hustle regardless of what life throws at you..

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Really Dumb Things Nigerians Are Fond Of Doing / At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC / 17 Things You Should Keep In Mind Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.