Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach (17749 Views)

Luis Enrique To Be Tito Vilanova's Successor At Barcelona? / Barcelona's Tito Vilanova Suffers Tumor Relapse / Tito Vilanova Replaces Pep Guardiola As Barcelona Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by ochukoccna: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
[img]http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1497553.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/FILE%20-%20Barcelona%20Manager%20Tito%20Vilanova%20Steps%20Down%20After%20Suffering%20Tumor%20Relapse-1497553[/img]
Barcelona have confirmed that Tito Vilanova has stepped down as manager to undergo further treatment for cancer.

The Spaniard took over from Pep Guardiola last summer, but the club revealed in December that he was unwell with parotid gland cancer for a second time .

He returned to management in late March after Jordi Roura took control.

Barca president Sandro Rosell and director of the football Andoni Zubizarreta addressed the media and the playing squad on Friday evening to confirm the news.

"After evaluating routine tests on Tito Vilanova, he is to undergo a process of treatment incompatible with being Barca coach," Rosell said.

He added: "This is a big blow for Barcelona, but Barca have received many blows and have always overcome them."

Rosell confirmed a new manager would be announced early next week.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/barcelona-manager-tito-vilanova-steps-2067147

So sad cry cry

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//8831728
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by ochukoccna: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
Barcelona have called a press conference amid reports coach Tito Vilanova is to step down due to ill-health.
Club president Sandro Rosell and director of football Andoni Zubizarreta
will address the media at 7.30pm BST on Friday evening, the Catalans announced on their official website.
Vilanova only took over from Pep Guardiola last summer, but missed a chunk of the season after undergoing treatment for cancer in the United States.

More to follow.

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by ochukoccna: 5:30pm On Jul 19, 2013
So who do you think Barcelona will look to replace Tito Villanova as coach
An insider promoted to head honcho undecided
Or someone from the outside sad
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by ochukoccna: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23376453

Barcelona have called a news conference amid reports that coach Tito Vilanova is to step down.
Vilanova had a cancerous tumour removed from his throat in November 2011 before suffering a relapse last year.
The 44-year-old had surgery in December 2012 and spent 10 weeks in New York to have chemotherapy and radiotherapy before returning in March to see his side take the Spanish title.
The news conference at the Nou Camp has been called for 19:30 BST.
Club president Sandro Rosell and director of football Andoni Zubizarreta will address the media.
Vilanova replaced Pep Guardiola as manager in June 2012, having previously worked as his assistant.

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Adufaye(m): 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
Weitin dem dy wait 4 na,make dem begin employ amodu,keshi or siasia,or even M.Gambo

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by fiscalcliff: 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
Wish him well
Hope the new coach will sanction the sale of Cesc Fabregas so Arsenal can trigger the right of first refusal clause and bring him back to the Emirates

Adufaye: Weitin dem dy wait 4 na,make dem begin employ amodu,keshi or siasia,or even M.Gambo
Why is NL overflowing with clowns and imbecilic thought patterns this days?

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by fiscalcliff: 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2013
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2013
All i cn say is... He did a great job!

4 Likes

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by datChelseaBoy: 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
Feel sad 4 him and I'm scared. Cancer!cry The only thing that comes 2 my mind now is the look on his face in Munich when Bayern whipped them 4-0. He was almost in tears. Anyway, I wish him speedy recovery cos I like him for his humility and quietness. Get well soon Tito

8 Likes

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by emmabowin(m): 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
I wish him a successful treatment plus good health of mind and body

2 Likes

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by chiefololade: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
Its confirmed..
I tip AVB to succeed him
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by onyeguy: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sorry oh Tito

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by FineBro(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
Too bad. Time to hire Siasia.
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Neaman(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Fix ur health bro...Trophies dont worth your Life.

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by ABUGEORGE(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Siasia or keshi should in line to coach barca, u never can tell
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by DANATYORG: 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
Who NEXT?
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by gtrust: 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
fiscalcliff: Wish him well
Hope the new coach will sanction the sale of Cesc Fabregas so Arsenal can trigger the right of first refusal clause and bring him back to the Emirates

Why is NL overflowing with clowns and imbecilic thought patterns this days?

Right of 1 refusal ONLY means whatever the highest bid is Arsenal have the last word to match it or not.
Arsenal problems have ALWAYS been that they DONOT do highest bid!
Once it becomes expensive and competitive, Arsenal go run!

Besides, I think they sold him @ 8 million pounds and he is now older!

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by apoti(m): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sorry boss. I pray you win this battle against cancer
I wish you quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Mcdondayan: 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
Barca does not need a coach. Just tell messi, xavi, inirsta, puyol, and neymar to go into d field and play as d spirit leads. Dats all.....

13 Likes

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by hunda: 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
It's gud its happening now,Tito we salute ur contribution to the club but ur health is paramount sir.
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by KwoiZabo(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
Fine. I know they'll find one as good as guardiola
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by MrTAnonymous(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
Wishing him a quick recovering-
from a chelsea fan coolWishing him a quick recovering-
from a chelsea fan

3 Likes

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Lero15(m): 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
let barca call bak Rijkaard or any other BLACK manager...racist club..Song is now useless..150m release clause for busquett..,na barca e go retire!
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Afam4eva(m): 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
Mcdondayan: Barca does not need a coach. Just tell messi, xavi, inirsta, puyol, and neymar to go into d field and play as d spirit leads. Dats all.....
You're so right. Barcelona is an institution. I see an insider succeeding him.
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Afam4eva(m): 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
Lero15: let barca call bak Rijkaard or any other BLACK manager...racist club..Song is now useless..150m release clause for busquett..,na barca e go retire!
How many of those big clubs have ever employed a black coach before? Yet you have the effrontery to call Barca racist.

3 Likes

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Omobarca: 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
cry Our dear tito will Βε̲̣. Greatly missed. We don't want no foreign coach pls. Roura must take over from him. [size=20pt]May God grant tito vilanova good health A̶̲̥̅̊nϑ all †he best I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ his future endeavours.[/size] cry
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
Joidi Roura leads the pack to replace him.
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Chimerase(m): 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
Adieu bro mi cry
Tipping roberto di matteo to succeed him cheesy
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Iykebestbt(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
why stepping down now that all the good coaches has all gotten a new club?
Why not step down a little bit earlier than now?...anyway I wish Roberto Di Mateo will clinch this opportunity...
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Omobarca: 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
Lero15: let barca call bak Rijkaard or any other BLACK manager...racist club..Song is now useless..150m release clause for busquett..,na barca e go retire!
But, why are some people dumb? A racist club who once paraded †he likes of thuram, yaya toure etc. ?? Kindly shut up if Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥'ve got nothing good t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ say

2 Likes

Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Lordwize(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
Get well Tito
Re: Tito Vilanova Steps-down As Barcelona Coach by Nomski0(f): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
Oya hire Keshi sharp sharp before this opportunity pass una by.....big boss is hot on the market o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Borussia Dortmund Vs Barcelona (UCL) (0 - 0) On 17th September 2019 / Croatia Vs Spain :Euro 2016 (2 - 1) On 21st June 2016 / Manchester United Vs Charlton Atletic : EFL Cup (3 - 0) On 10th January 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.