Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:56 PM

Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? (986 Views)

Law Breaking Begins In Kogi: 5 Lawmakers ‘impeach’ Speaker / PHOTOS: List Of 5 Lawmakers Whose Elections Were Voided Yesterday / General Johnson Umunakwe Aguiyi-ironsi: A Forgotten Hero Keeps Returning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by bilms(m): 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
FAKE MACE AND THE 5 LAWMAKERS, A FORGOTTEN INCIDENT?

ON Tuesday, July 9, 2013, 5 anti Amaechi lawmakers led by Hon Bipi who was said to be a confident of Mrs patient Jonathan in the Rivers State house of Assembly reportedly brought a fake mace (symbol of legislative authority of the federal republic of Nigeria) to the rivers state house in a desperate attempt to impeach the Speaker.

In the course of this unholy act, the situation lead to massive crisis which is still a subject of debate in public discuss till date.

After the crisis at the house, it was also reported that, with Investigation beginning on the fracas which many say will remain indelible on the pages of the country’s political history, a summons from the police headquarters is ordering the leader of the state house of assembly Chidi Lloyd, to report to the force criminal investigation department, C.I.D. in Abuja over his role as recorded on camera and to unravel that unfortunate incident, the police today is going after the principal actors the report said.

Also summoned are the police orderly to the governor, and the governor’s chief security officer Tony Iwelu.

Out of all those summoned by the police, there was none from the group of 5 that caused the crisis, the anti Amaechi lawmakers that produce a fake mace and started the violence.

What was suprising about the police summon which i consider a shame is the fact that, even though the police had summoned the man who was cited beating another member with the fake mace,they didn't find those who produced the fake mace (Symbol of legislative authority) worthy of summon or investigation. This is the height of hypocrisy from the Nigerian police and in my opinion, the Nigerian police has been compromised.

It is worth to note that, the primary source of the crisis originated from the 5 anti Amaechi law makers that went to 1. Produced a fake mace which itself is a criminal offense 2. Extend aggressive behavior and violence against their fellow lawmakers,by beating some and forcing them out of the assembly 3. Seizing the Assembly for their unholy act 4. and claiming to have impeached the speaker.

If these 5 men that commit this grave criminal offense of faking the mace were not investigated,summoned or arrested, what is the purpose of having a police force?

The question that is begging for answer now remains that, Isn't it criminal in the highest sense that some 5 law makers in Rivers went to produce a fake mace,which is the symbol of legislative authority to carryout some sort of unholy activities in the house?

Hon Chidi who has been rightly summoned by the police for his role in beating a fellow member to the point of coma with the fake mace was not the one who brought the mace,he collected it from other 5 members when the governor's security came. Hon Bipi and his group of 5 committed the criminality of faking the mace and no one is saying anything about it. Is it because they are the President's men?

I am talking about Producing a fake Mace,which is the symbol of legislative authority,I am talking about faking the symbol of Nigerian authority. This is a criminal behaviors of the highest order.

It is just like producing a fake certificate or producing fake money,but this crime is even greater,considering the fact that it is a mace, which symbolize the authority of the legislative arm of government.

When i asked a friend about what he thinks about it, he said, yes, it is criminal,So, what can anybody do about it?
He added that, it is like producing counterfeit money and then spending it,but the police didn't declare those who did this wanted,they left them simply because they are pro GEJ. and i ask, will these 5 criminals go Scot free?

I think lawyers should be able to tell if this case is tenable in the court of law,we must first pursue it in court while pushing to ensure a legislative act make provision for it official punishment. Abdul AOH
Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by Cruxxy(m): 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
Ivjfyvub uk jfyskb ju txcjvvivuyufkibufyddvjhitssjkiibkh jo hkbkfdrkokkhghjysvgdghjjhjjjj. First to comment
Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by walton1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
that was the original mace I wonder where you got the version of your story from

1 Like

Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by Toktee(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
walton1: that was the original mace I wonder where you got the version of your story from
So your brother bipi is responsible for keeping the mace for the rivers state house of assembly abi?
And you mean he mr bipi is in charge of bring same to house?
In ur own world,five law makers can constitute a mojority in the house of 27 members enough to impeach a speaker?
Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by Maxymilliano(m): 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
walton1: that was the original mace I wonder where you got the version of your story from

Thanks for the pics bro, same impeachment proceeding I saw on 'Politics Today' on Channels Tv on Wednesday with a sergeant at arm in full regalia delivering the mace. But shortly after the fracas, it was a dude in mufti who delivered the mace ...
Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by hardywaltz(m): 11:38pm On Jul 19, 2013
A mace is just a symbol, it is not recognised by the constitution. If 2/3 members of the house vote and wish to use a tuber of yam as their mace so be it.
The constitution is however very clear about the process of forming a quorum (1/3) in the case of RSHA 11 members and to remove the Speaker 2/3 majority is required. The house rules are also very clear on electing a speaker temporal, it requires 2/3 majority of all members and can only be invoked when the speaker or his deputy are absent and an emergency session is needed. **note at this point the 2/3 members can also vote to use a "dead snake" as its mace.
I like Otelema Amachree's stand on this issue, he has refused to go to court, since he has consistently shown ova 25members with him, Mr Evans 'Ibu' & co can go to court if they feel they have a case.
Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by bilms(m): 5:26am On Jul 20, 2013
?
Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by justsayemma(m): 6:10am On Jul 20, 2013
Sentiment has really killed us in this country,I saw a video evidence in channels,that only 5 lawmakers were present in the impeachment attempt,so y r people still supporting the anti-Amechi law makers? They should b arrested,n Bipi should explain hw those thugs got into d assembly complex,n d meaning of what he was chanting.nobody is a fool,if they neva had d federal backing,they wuldnt ve displayed wat they did,even when it happened in Oyo and Ekiti,Obj was behind it,this pdp self,y creating a constitution,u know u won't abide to.lest I 4get Chidi Loyd should be jailed,he is a monster.
Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by bilms(m): 10:01am On Jul 20, 2013
Probably because the 5 are pro gej
Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by Brimmie(m): 10:05am On Jul 20, 2013
hardywaltz: A mace is just a symbol, it is not recognised by the constitution. If 2/3 members of the house vote and wish to use a tuber of yam as their mace so be it.
The constitution is however very clear about the process of forming a quorum (1/3) in the case of RSHA 11 members and to remove the Speaker 2/3 majority is required. The house rules are also very clear on electing a speaker temporal, it requires 2/3 majority of all members and can only be invoked when the speaker or his deputy are absent and an emergency session is needed. **note at this point the 2/3 members can also vote to use a "dead snake" as its mace.
I like Otelema Amachree's stand on this issue, he has refused to go to court, since he has consistently shown ova 25members with him, Mr Evans 'Ibu' & co can go to court if they feel they have a case.

grin cheesy
Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by bilms(m): 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
Lol
Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by bilms(m): 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
smiley
Re: Fake Mace And The 5 Lawmakers, A Forgotten Incident? by baby124: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
Everyone should just call it a draw, and go back to working together like nothing happened. Both sides took part equally in the show of shame. Though history will always view that video. Those 5 can never succeed in taking over the state house. It was an effort in futility. Their numbers were too small for that coup.

(1) (Reply)

Fallacy/Hypocrisy Of Yesterday Church's And End Time Teaching (be Carefully) / Why Lagos Unsealed Kalu’s Ikoyi Home. FFK Connection. / NTA Refuses Reporting Atiku, Seven Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.