Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Lets Save The Girl Child! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lets Save The Girl Child! (1557 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / One Question To Ask your Girl-child Before Investing On Her Tertiary Education. / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 20, 2013
Whenever I open nairaland, I see and read news that makes me sick .....

What is this law supporting underage marriage!
Why suffer the girl child like this?

Is it a curse to be a girl? Or to give birth to a girl.

I can't even imagine what our leaders thinks and pass to law.

For the first time am So ashamed to be called a Nigerian.

There will be definitely an increase in r.ape in younger girls..
Pls, nairaland members all over the country, Let there be a mass protest, this is sick!

Since I stay in a country with few Nigerians, I do my own protest via Internet...

Calling on all my brothers and sisters in Naija to fight this!

1 Like

Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 20, 2013
Since they say Nigeria will remain one, so shall we fight to protect the girl child!

Nigerian women, what are we doing?

It may be your niece tomorrow...

I can't even imagine what will be going on with these underage girls mind,..

Oh, my Fatherland!

He has truly gone to the winds !

I weep for Nigeria !
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by traffickz(m): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2013
I need to slap @ least 35 senators before I feel relaxed.

Nothern senators are nothing but peadophiliacs.
When many sweet ladies are yet to be married, their target is to destroy them while they are young and innocent.

God must surely disgrace them!

1 Like

Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 20, 2013
God has given us all that it is to help ourselves.
Am silently crying here...

What the northern girl child are feeling right now.

Even some matured ladies cry so much in marriage and S exxx, how much more a child who absolutely have no control over this
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 20, 2013
The following. Senators shall not know peace,

1. Sen. Abdulmumin M. Hassan (Jigawa South West, PDP)

2. Sen. Abdullahi Danladi (Jigawa North West, PDP)

3. Sen. Adamu Abdullahi (Nasarawa West, PDP)

4. Sen. Ahmed Barata (Adamawa South, PDP)

5. Sen. Akinyelure Ayo (Ondo Central, Labour Party)

6. Sen. Alkali Saidu A. (Gombe North, PDP)

7. Sen. Bagudu Abubakar A. (Kebbi Central, PDP)

8. Sen. Dahiru Umaru (Sokoto South, PDP)

9. Sen. Galaudu Isa (Kebbi North, PDP)

10. Sen. Garba Gamawa (Bauchi North, PDP)

11. Sen. Danjuma Goje Mohammed (Gombe Central, PDP)

12. Sen. Gobir Ibrahim (Sokoto East, PDP)

13. Sen. Gumba Adamu Ibrahim (Bauchi South, PDP)

14. Sen. Hadi Sirika (Katsina North, CPC)

15. Sen. Ibrahim Bukar Abba (Yobe East, ANPP)

16. Sen. Jajere Alkali (Yobe South, ANPP)

17. Sen. Jibrilla Mohammed (Adamawa North, PDP)

18. Sen. Kabiru Gaya (Kano South, ANPP)

19. Sen. Lafiagi Mohammed (Kwara North, PDP)

20. Sen. Lawan Ahmad (Yobe North, ANPP)

21. Sen. Maccido Mohammed (Sokoto North, PDP)

22. Sen. Musa Ibrahim (Niger North, CPC)

23. Sen. Ndume Mohammed Ali (Borno South, PDP)

24. Sen. Sadiq A. Yaradua (Katsina Central, CPC)

25. Sen. Saleh Mohammed (Kaduna Central, CPC)

26. Sen. Tukur Bello (Adamawa Central, PDP)

27. Sen. Ugbesia Odion (Edo Central, PDP)

28. Sen. Umar Abubakar (Taraba Central, PDP)

29. Sen. Usman Abdulaziz (Jigawa North East, PDP)

30. Sen. Ya’au Sahabi (Zamfara North, PDP)

31. Sen. Zannah Ahmed (Borno Central, PDP)

32. Sen. Ahmad Rufai Sani (Zamfara West, ANPP)

33. Sen. Ahmad Abdul Ningi (Bauchi Central, PDP)

34. Sen. Bello Hayatu Gwano (Kano North, PDP)

35. Sen. Ibrahim Abu (Katsina South, CPC)

WHERE ARE THE NIGERIAN WOMEN!

Enough of this agony!

1 Like

Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 20, 2013
Thanks!

Signed and sharing on my Facebook page, smiley
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2013
Sad

Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
I weep for Africa, one of the places where such EVIL is possible!
All these senators are nothing but pedophiliac! DISGUSTING!

People must respond to it and STOP it!

1 Like

Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by cycline404(m): 1:49pm On Jul 20, 2013
I still cant believe these, or would say this can't be true...

Imagine this kid can't be more than 12yrs....
It is more than what we can see, something else is attached to it...
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by EfemenaXY: 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2013
Madness at its peak embarassed sad
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by coogar: 2:44pm On Jul 20, 2013
religion plays a huge role in our politics so i am not surprised the senators supported child marriage. how are you going to convince an alhaji that marrying a child is wrong when his holy book says it's right to do so??
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2013
Looking at the children faces, I weep...I always see it as overhype when I hear so so and so marry a 13 yrs. dint know this existed and also has been passed as a law in Federal republic of Nigeria.

Which way forward
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Gboliwe: 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2013
How do I sign? Its asking for login details.

Its sickening! The one that makes me shudder most is that we have females in that house and they havent said a thing! The evil that would befall some of these so-called leaders will trail them even after death. Tua!
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
Gboliwe: How do I sign? Its asking for login details.

Its sickening! The one that makes me shudder most is that we have females in that house and they havent said a thing! The evil that would befall some of these so-called leaders will trail them even after death. Tua!
Just log in with any user address. Where do we start from, it might be our daughter tomorrow. Some parents actually sell off their children cos of poverty! The child has no say. They need to be protected.
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Gboliwe: 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
Didnt work for me
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by coogar: 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
Chillisauce: Looking at the children faces, I weep...I always see it as overhype when I hear so so and so marry a 13 yrs. dint know this existed and also has been passed as a law in Federal republic of Nigeria.

Which way forward

why don't you go to the senate house and weep? when you have a country such as nigeria taking religion more seriously than the countries that brought them christianity/islam, this is what you get. religion often erodes common sense.....
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2013
I hate Nigeria for real. I cannot stand it any more.

1 Like

Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
coogar:

why don't you go to the senate house and weep? when you have a country such as nigeria taking religion more seriously than the countries that brought them christianity/islam, this is what you get. religion often erodes common sense.....

I can't, I don't eveN know where the house is located...

Very sad development!

People using religion to back up their animistic behavior!
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
stillwater: I hate Nigeria for real. I cannot stand it any more.

Am telling you! But we will continue fighting! Don't give up, our voice might be heard ... At least we tried! undecided
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2013
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by coogar: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2013
Chillisauce:
I can't, I don't eveN know where the house is located...

Very sad development!

People using religion to back up their animistic behavior!

unfortunately, you cannot divorce nigerians from their religion. the issue of child marriage is prevalent in nearly all the islamic states - the people practising it are following the tenets of islam - they marry the girls at any early age to ensure her purity - they want her married before she cops her first orgäsm or before the flesh leads her to masturbäte......
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Gboliwe: 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
Gboliwe: Didnt work for me
Signed and shared.
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 21, 2013
Gboliwe:
Signed and shared.

Thanks
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 21, 2013
coogar:

unfortunately, you cannot divorce nigerians from their religion. the issue of child marriage is prevalent in nearly all the islamic states - the people practising it are following the tenets of islam - they marry the girls at any early age to ensure her purity - they want her married before she cops her first orgäsm or before the flesh leads her to masturbäte......

Its a long war. I just do my bit. embarassed

Coogar, i make u a knight in this war. Your input can also make a difference
Re: Lets Save The Girl Child! by Princesszoe: 10:19am On Jul 21, 2013
Exactly one of the major reasons why feminist group increase per hour. This is more than evil. This is a direct approval of immorality. Men Men Men! Thank God for decent and responsible men round about the globe. Thank God for faithful husbands. Thank God for men who abhor fornication, sexual practises and do not and can never indulge in them(integrity and fear of God working). Woman is a piece of God's beautiful handwork , imagine God refusing to use sand for her creation instead took a life(rib) to create her. So adored and cared for. Her womb was the incubator that God used to deliver mankind (Jesus). God needed no man but He seriously needed a woman. Women stands tall in the purpose of God. No doubt this is one of the direct oppositions from the devil through men against the glory of womanhood. Come to think of it, this is democracy. We might be practising autocracy in the face of democracy but we are seen as a country that is currently practising democracy. So with or without 2/3 majority, the voice of the people (if one) stands sure. If our words, actions and believes are one concerning this issue, something positive might be achieved. NLC; women empowerment group; feminist group; medical practioners(because they know the medical dangers of early mother hood); the first lady, dame patience Goodluck, who heads one of the women activist group, should rise up too; churches (PFN, CAN, ETC) should stand up; ASUU should also help; let Nigerians escalate this issue and bring to an end this madness . This is not a one man's battle. The constitution is the blue print of the people. Every thing in it is suppose to be for the welfare of the people and not for the warfare of the people. This is actually for the warfare of the citizens because rape might increase, other evil immoral vices against women(the weaker sex) might increase. Even if you want to view this from international angle, world class definition of this, is child abuse. May God help us in this fight.

(1) (Reply)

Things A Good Mother Teaches Her Daughter Before Marriage / How l Lost My 11 Weeks Pregnancy Through Missed Abortion. Igbo Models Blogger. / Pictorial Tests(riddles)....step In----

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.