Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,614 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278014 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by paulibling(m): 11:21pm On May 29, 2019
I am rocking my lumia 830. God will punish Xiaomi for me. I was loving Redmi note 7 and arranging my cash to order the thing when I see k20 pro. Now I am stuck with my lumia again till the beast enters 9ja.

Windows phone is app wise limiting.
If I can get my banks app on it and double sim and good battery I will not have business with Android.
I cant use the money I will use to buy two Xiaomi and buy the new Nokia that meets my taste. Mba nu.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 10:24am On May 30, 2019
paulibling:
I am rocking my lumia 830. God will punish Xiaomi for me. I was loving Redmi note 7 and arranging my cash to order the thing when I see k20 pro. Now I am stuck with my lumia again till the beast enters 9ja.
Abeg, which one be k20 pro?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Kingmathers(m): 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2019
Does anyone have a 950xl for sale? And how much?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2019
DJEhimond:
This thread still dey breath? It's now a year since I switched to Android - This is my second Redmi Device although I still have my Lumia at home but not using it.

For those still using their Lumia, una dey try o!

Guys still use windows phone, more for reasons of love for the ecosystem than for any other reasons. I still use Lumias 1520 and L650 (double SIM variant). I have other four Lumias down the line that is collectibles, along with few other symbian editions.

Sadly, by December I may be forced to switch to some other ecosystem as MSFT has stopped support for Windows phone. The result of this is that software developers will cease to give updates of their products on the store and may eventually remove such apps from the store.

I got a message from WhatsApp 'bout 3 weeks ago notifying me that the app will be pulled out of the store by December and may cease to work on Windows phone by early next year.

Basically I sense some conspiracy in all these. Windows phone ecosystem is inherently a tough one to toy around with in terms of users' data and information unlike android and iOS in which the only thing needed to get users' info is for the companies to compromise the standard just as android does with snooping on users on their platform.

If the huge mobile users database is to be as inclusive, valid and useful as possible, then there is need to narrow peoples' choices by doing away with OSes like windows and BB OS that is inherently unfriendly to such cause.

Just my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 10:34am On Aug 14, 2019
ceaser:

Guys still use windows phone, more for reasons of love for the ecosystem than for any other reasons. I still use Lumias 1520 and L650 (double SIM variant). I have other four Lumias down the line that is collectibles, along with few other symbian editions.

Sadly, by December I may be forced to switch to some other ecosystem as MSFT has stopped support for Windows phone. The result of this is that software developers will cease to give updates of their products on the store and may eventually remove such apps from the store.

I got a message from WhatsApp 'bout 3 weeks ago notifying me that the app will be pulled out of the store by December and may cease to work on Windows phone by early next year.

Basically I sense some conspiracy in all these. Windows phone ecosystem is inherently a tough one to toy around with in terms of users' data and information unlike android and iOS in which the only thing needed to get users' info is for the companies to compromise the standard just as android does with snooping on users on their platform.

If the huge mobile users database is to be as inclusive, valid and useful as possible, then there is need to narrow peoples' choices by doing away with OSes like windows and BB OS that is inherently unfriendly to such cause.

Just my opinion though.

You are really right. It was really hard to let it go, but local man wasn't getting enough. I still have mine at home though.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 6:19am On Aug 16, 2019
DJEhimond:

You are really right. It was really hard to let it go, but local man wasn't getting enough. I still have mine at home though.

grin Local man is indeed sad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (Reply)

Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.