Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. (15036 Views)

**Great Biochemists; Lets Meet Here** / The Emerging Biochemists / Best Masters Programme For Biochemistry In UK? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by IamSassy(f): 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2013
I am a 200l biochemistry student studying at the university of Lagos. This thread is for everyone in the field of biochemistry to come together and discuss biochemistry, share ideas, and meet other biochemists. In a nutshell, it is for us to learn from one another. Lets begin smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by johndwayy(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2013
Wots up metabolites.... i graduated last year frm bch in uniben. biochemistry is both interesting and adventurous....

@op,did u choose bch as a course or u chose medicine or pharmacy, nd u were given bch? hw re u feeling the course?
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by IamSassy(f): 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
I did nt choose to study biochemistry. I registered medcine as my first choice, nd pharmacy has my second choice. But i was given biochemistry. Wat bout u? Did u choose it?
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Datshyguy(m): 6:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
I never really knew what it was untill i got admission to study it. Its a very interesting course i must say
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Kunlexic(m): 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2013
Iam an aspirant and i wish to study pharmacy but i put in 4 bch as my 2nd choice course,all are still d same,xo wlc me as i am hear to gain experience on the course.
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by 2Awesome: 8:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
Great metabolites. The Lord is our ATP
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Davidgerald: 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
The amino spirit flows in our blood, metabolites, ws a biochemist, ported to medicine nw sha, bt I still respect d course, BCH WAGA....
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Kendzyma(m): 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
Waw,xo its posibl to cros frm biochem to medcine?...peopl xaid its nt posibl bt microbio to med iz posibl,plz shed mr lit to diz
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by ajoskele(m): 2:04am On Sep 04, 2013
Kendzyma: Waw,xo its posibl to cros frm biochem to medcine?...peopl xaid its nt posibl bt microbio to med iz posibl,plz shed mr lit to diz
. T's more than possible,lol...Would have gone for Medicine if not for my 2.2,though I don't regret I came out with such grade..Am going into the oil and gas sector with interest in the Environment and armed with required professional courses and a second degree in environment-related course,the sky is just my starting point!!
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by ajoskele(m): 2:13am On Sep 04, 2013
Biochemistry is a very good course and very wide..I took interest in enviromental bch n clinical bch in my final year..and to those of us still in skul..Greatest Metabolites!!! Acetyl coA!!!!
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Biosphere(m): 4:02am On Sep 04, 2013
Gr8 fellow, hw una dey? My story na lng tin. Though am nt as gud in science courses, bt i stil av passion 4 medicine. I choose med n surg in my jamb dis year bt my score wasn't up to 180, so i intended studyin biochem which i wil later move to medcine. Bt all dis same a poly offered me adm to study SLT. I acceptd d offer then after my ND i wil use direct entry to av my B.sc in biochem. Pls make una help, will dis work?
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by ajoskele(m): 5:36am On Sep 04, 2013
Biosphere: Gr8 fellow, hw una dey? My story na lng tin. Though am nt as gud in science courses, bt i stil av passion 4 medicine. I choose med n surg in my jamb dis year bt my score wasn't up to 180, so i intended studyin biochem which i wil later move to medcine. Bt all dis same a poly offered me adm to study SLT. I acceptd d offer then after my ND i wil use direct entry to av my B.sc in biochem. Pls make una help, will dis work?
Bro,abeg go do am..had a lotsa guys dat came in tru DE wit an Nd in SLT.They even did better than most of us they met..Buh u should ave a question on ur mind everyday 'y do I want to study biochemistry?'
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Kendzyma(m): 7:44am On Sep 04, 2013
I ad most of d graduat dat studied biochem in skul end up teaching....iz it dat its an unprofesional courz?
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 04, 2013
Eminent biochemists,
Am a 400L biochemistry student of the federal university of technology owerri, i actually applied for dis great course and i got it, so far the xperience has been amazing, and i intend doing my masters in nutritional biochemistry,. My advice to all biochemists and intending biochemists, is to stay focused get a good result,, the problem of science in nigeria is most of our graduates are empty, a graduate of biochemistry cannot explain in details any of d pathways, yes our schools too are not trying in d practical aspect, too bad .
No course is the gateway to heaven

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 04, 2013
Kendzyma: I ad most of d graduat dat studied biochem in skul end up teaching....iz it dat its an unprofesional courz?
Have you not seen engineers dat teach, if i may ask, teach were? Or do you mean lecturing..
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Kendzyma(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2013
Ifyikillz:
Have you not seen engineers dat teach, if i may ask, teach were? Or do you mean lecturing..
lolz,...secondary skuls.....morova,wer can a biochemist work?...i no its aniwer bt wer can a biochemist earn d fatest salary....,
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Emmanuel602(m): 9:58am On Sep 04, 2013
I'm an aspiring biochemist... Applied for direct entry whith my ND in slt..... Please guys what prof..course can one go for after his first degree?
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by eminent91: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
I am currently a 200l student studyin biochem in unical,i mst admit dt i am rily njoyin d course,though my dad wantd me 2 study nursin bt i opted 4 biochem instead witout hs knwledge cos i rily hate site of blood.so i prefa 2 go in2 d industrial or nutritional aspect of it.biochem is a course u wil njoy if u sure do av d interest 2 study it.
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Diakpa(m): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Greatest Acetyl CoA. How are you guys doing? My story isn't different from many of you guys. I applied to study Medicine, but ended up studying Biochemistry, which I enjoyed so much, I applied to study the same Biochemistry at M.Sc level. And trust me, I am enjoying the course and I intend studying the same Biochmeistry at Ph.D level, with specialization in Clinical/Pharmaceutical Biochemstry and Toxicology.
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Diakpa(m): 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
Kendzyma: lolz,...secondary skuls.....morova,wer can a biochemist work?...i no its aniwer bt wer can a biochemist earn d fatest salary....,
All graduates irrespective of your course of study find themselves teaching or lecturing either intentionally or due to lack of job opportunities. To answer your question, in an ideal situation, Biochemists can work in a Medical Lab, Research Lab/Institute, Industrial Lab, Crime Lab, Brewery, Food Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, as well as being involved in Environmental and Toxicology studies.
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Kunlexic(m): 3:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
Biosphere: Gr8 fellow, hw una dey? My story na lng tin. Though am nt as gud in science courses, bt i stil av passion 4 medicine. I choose med n surg in my jamb dis year bt my score wasn't up to 180, so i intended studyin biochem which i wil later move to medcine. Bt all dis same a poly offered me adm to study SLT. I acceptd d offer then after my ND i wil use direct entry to av my B.sc in biochem. Pls make una help, will dis work?
pls bro,am sowie 2 ask u...wic poly admit u? cos i met u @ fedpoly ede thread.
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by IamSassy(f): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
to add to what Diekpa as said, a biochemist can also work in the quality control department in industries. including in oil companies

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by ajoskele(m): 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
When Ȋ̝̊̅ got admitted year 2009,d first discouragement Ȋ̝̊̅ had was 4rm a pastor in my church who publicly declared his biochemists' friends are now teaching in secondary skuls..Ȋ̝̊̅ felt bad and Ȋ̝̊̅ made up my mind am gonna 'disgrace' him...2day,am apy to tell U̶̲̥̅̊ av discovered a lot abt bch and av never 4once regretted studying BCH..And to those of us who r skeptical abt taking up a career in biochemistry,we nid to change our orientation abt dis course and do d best to b among d best..ciao

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Biosphere(m): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Kunlexic: pls bro,am sowie 2 ask u...wic poly admit u? cos i met u @ fedpoly ede thread.
yap i was following fedpoly ede 4 sum1 nt 4 me. Buh i gained adm into Gateway poly,saapade.ogun state to study SLT though i didn't choose d skul, i recieved a msg that i should cum 4 dier p.ume which i went.
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Biosphere(m): 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2013
ajoskele: Bro,abeg go do am..had a lotsa guys dat came in tru DE wit an Nd in SLT.They even did better than most of us they met..Buh u should ave a question on ur mind everyday 'y do I want to study biochemistry?'
alrite tnx bro, i really appreci8
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by ajoskele(m): 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Biosphere: alrite tnx bro, i really appreci8
U̶̲̥̅̊ welcome,man
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Kunlexic(m): 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
Biosphere: yap i was following fedpoly ede 4 sum1 nt 4 me. Buh i gained adm into Gateway poly,saapade.ogun state to study SLT though i didn't choose d skul, i recieved a msg that i should cum 4 dier p.ume which i went.
aiite bro,tanx 4 ur reply
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Biosphere(m): 5:55am On Sep 05, 2013
Kunlexic: aiite bro,tanx 4 ur reply
no kwams
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Biosphere(m): 5:59am On Sep 05, 2013
ajoskele: Bro,abeg go do am..had a lotsa guys dat came in tru DE wit an Nd in SLT.They even did better than most of us they met..Buh u should ave a question on ur mind everyday 'y do I want to study biochemistry?'
how tough is biochemistry?
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by johndwayy(m): 8:41am On Sep 05, 2013
@iamSassy,I applied for bch,and was given...tell me,wot area in bch do u love d most and wch is challengin?
IamSassy: I did nt choose to study biochemistry. I registered medcine as my first choice, nd pharmacy has my second choice. But i was given biochemistry. Wat bout u? Did u choose it?
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by Kunlexic(m): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2013
I wish 2 study SLT @ poly but due to d competitn and the cut-off for d course,i den think nutrition and dietetics will be okay.Pls is it possible to use OND in nut/diet to get pharmacy or biochem course thru D.E?
Re: A Thread For Biochemistry Students, Biochemists And Those Aspiring To Be One. by feyisayorrr: 11:25am On Sep 05, 2013
Plz do any of u av frnds dat's also biochemist working in oil/pharmaceutical companies ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Courses Available In NDA Short Service And DSSC / NDA Postpones Screening Test For 72 Regular Courses / Sylvester Oromoni: Police Investigate 4 More Dowen College Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.