Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications (4617 Views)

Testing Programmers: Puzzles Or Web Applications? / Which Ide Is Best For Developing Asp.net Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by africanboy(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2006
Because of the noise in Nigeria about the two major web development languages - namely ASP and PHP, many of us have been blinded to the fact that there are other technologies that can be utilised for development. I came across Morfik a couple of months ago, and they just released a demo of the program.

If you have a Gmail account, I am sure you must be impressed by the [Ajax] interface. All I can say is that this application [morfik] allows you to build apps with similar interfaces. They even include a sample emulating the Gmail interface. Worth checking out guys!

www.morfik.com
Re: Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by Zahymaka(m): 7:11pm On May 25, 2006
Hello,

While Ajax can be used to develop software, it still requires a server to process the requests. Contrary to your opinion, a lot of people have already started using Ajax with PHP, JSP and Asp.NET.

I started using Ajax in January and I discovered that almost everyone uses Ajax in one way or the other. Ajax is basically using Javascript to send requests to the server and updating sections of a page based on it.

It will take some time, however, before people get used to the true web application instead of the popular page-based navigation.
Re: Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by africanboy(m): 9:14am On May 26, 2006
As we probably know, AJAX is not a technology, but a fusion of existing technologies. Existing scripting languages can be used to develop AJAX based applications, but it is "difficult". Imagine having to write 2000 lines of code for a simple login page. Definitely not interesting, but Morfik proposes a "drag-and-drop" approach with minimal coding to enable developers build Rich Internet Applications in the shortest time possible. A review on their site (I think in one of the manuals) stated that a clone of the Gmail Webmail interface was built by two developers in two months.

I have downloaded the beta and tried it out, and truly it is impressive. I am definitely going to purchase a purchase a full version when it is out. If I can build a web based application and deploy on our intranet, smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prodgalson:

Or do you mean that all the hype is about webserver scripting langugages
(asp+php), and people are ignoring the technology we can use for the
experience on the client level (browser) ?

A lot of developers in Nigeria are not even aware of AJAX
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zahymaka:

While Ajax can be used to develop software, it still requires a server to process the requests. Contrary to your opinion, a lot of people have already started using Ajax with PHP, JSP and Asp.NET.

Morfik comes with an embedded Apache Server and Firebird Database engine that can be embedded in your projects. You can also use a Server and Database Technology of your choice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right now, am going ahead to learn Morfik Basic and Morfik Pascal. (others can learn Morfik Java and Morfik C#)
Re: Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by Zahymaka(m): 9:49am On May 26, 2006
I hope you don't mind if I make a few suggestions.

Ajax stands for [b]A[/b]synchronous [b]Ja[/b]vascript and [b]Xml[/b]HttpRequest. Basically, you use the XmlHttpRequest object to send POST or GET data to a server of your choice and parse the returned results. Morfik sounds like a good choice if you want to deploy on a system you have access to, but if you need to run an Ajax application developed with Morfix off a web host, it's going to be quite tough except you purchase a dedicated server.

There's really nothing special about Ajax. You send a request, onloading, you parse the returned XML and update the DOM nodes on your page. I have a demo of an Ajax application I'm working on [I haven't updated the web version yet] at http://demos.zatechcorp.com/mtn/. It was developed using PHP but you're always free to make your choices.

My point is, Ajax is not a language. Please don't be offended if my evangelism is too strong.
Re: Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by tundeajiba(m): 1:45pm On May 26, 2006
Hi u try tibco ide for ajax yet. I think u will prefer it morfik
www.tibco.com
Re: Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by africanboy(m): 4:05pm On May 26, 2006
prodgalson:

Not trying to downplay your excitement, but that's not noteworthy, oh.
I built an exact clone of the gmail interface in 1 week, using the Google
web toolkit for AJaX

. . . prodgalson

but GWT is for JAVA programmers alone! correct me if I am wrong.

wheareas Morfik gives you a choice 4 languages - Pascal (Delphi), Basic, C# and Java

Re: Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by africanboy(m): 4:12pm On May 26, 2006
tundeajiba:

Hi u try tibco ide for ajax yet. I think u will prefer it morfik
www.tibco.com

for some funny reason, reading about tibco, it does not interest me. i still prefer www.activewidgets.com and zpsuite, then i will do manual coding
Re: Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by timmy(m): 11:02pm On May 26, 2006
well i use backbase www.backbase.com

they sure seem tight, flexible and looks more easier that morfik
Re: Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by Rams(m): 5:43am On May 27, 2006
You should definately check out the Spry Framework from Adobe:
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/spry/
Re: Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by tundeajiba(m): 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2006
for some funny reason, reading about tibco, it does not interest me. i still prefer www.activewidgets.com and zpsuite, then i will do manual coding

I check the url for activewidgets, I came to two conclusions:
1. u seem not to understand the difference between, Ajax, widgets, and superb IDE for writing AJAX.
2. u seems to favour morfik for whatever reason before even checking tibco.

Tibco is an excellent IDE for writing AJAX base application while the ide itself was developed using AJAX.
Re: Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by alexis(m): 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2006
Me think python is rocking pretty well - writing codes are so easy and straightforward, I prefer it to java
Re: Morfik: For Developing Ajax Web Applications by stevejones(m): 12:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
Does Morfik help out?

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Thrift Collection Software / I Just Developed A Professional Hymnal Android App Called "InstaHymn" / Step-by-step Method Of Writing Contiki Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.