Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known (19842 Views)

Coming From A Jonathan Fan In Imo State.. You Wont Believe This! / Ebonyi State You May Not Know. / I Have Known Omisore Since I Was 20years Of Age - VP Namadi Sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:14am On Jul 22, 2013
1. Ebonyi State is one of the poorest states in southern Nigeria, sharing that position with Ekiti
2. It is highly agrarian, and draws a lot of similarities with its equally agrarian neighbor to the North, Benue
3. Ebonyi state is one of the food baskets in Nigeria
4. It can feed the entire south East if its agricultural potentials are harnessed properly
5. It has loads of beaches and natural salts
6. It is quite scenic, a property that should be harnessed for ecotourism
7. It is a highly cultural/conservative society
8. It has 3 federal [Federal College of Agriculture Ishiagu, new Federal University in Ikwo, and Akanu Ibiam Fed Poly Unwana) and one State university(EBSU)] institutions of higher learning
9. Most villages, even the remote ones, have electricity
10. Ebonyi is pristine and almost untainted, far from the madness in places such as Aba, Onitsha and Lagos
11. It produced the first and only governor of Eastern Nigeria
12. It produced a Senate President (Anyim)
13. It produced a Secretary to the Fed govt (Anyim)
14. Any agricultural investor should run there for land acquisition. Someone I know just moved his farm from Ibadan to Ebonyi
15. Many of its inhabitants can almost pass for Middle belters, in terms of looks
16. Its inhabitants are strong and unforgiving warriors (e.g., Ezza and Izzi)
17. Large rice and yam farms, and rice processing factories strut the landscape
18. It has one of the highest stone quarry sites in Nigeria, competing with Ondo, Ibadan, and Plateau in this area.
19. The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have rice farming and processing development projects going on in Ebonyi
20: The Fed College of Agriculture Ebonyi is one of the few, if not the only place in Nigeria where you can receive a Diploma in Bee farming (Apiculture)

Let me regale you with a variety of rural Ebonyi photos

4 Likes

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:16am On Jul 22, 2013
Ebonyi rural

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:18am On Jul 22, 2013
Rural Ebonyi

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:19am On Jul 22, 2013
Ebonyi quarry

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:24am On Jul 22, 2013
Ebonyi rice

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:30am On Jul 22, 2013
hand-made mounds for yam/cassava and farmland

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:34am On Jul 22, 2013
Ndibe beach

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:35am On Jul 22, 2013
Unwana Beach

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:36am On Jul 22, 2013
Another beach

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:41am On Jul 22, 2013
Oil palm

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:42am On Jul 22, 2013
Cassava processing

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by asha80(m): 7:45am On Jul 22, 2013
op how sure are you about no 9 ie the one about the remotest village having electricity?was akanu ibiam a premier of the then eastern nigeria?i do not doubt the remaining points though.
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:48am On Jul 22, 2013
asha 80: op how sure are you about no 9 ie the one about the remotest village having electricity?was akanu ibiam a premier of the then eastern nigeria?i do not doubt the remaining points though.

Akanu Ibiam was not a premier, he was a Governor of the Eastern region when Zik was Governor-General of Nigeria
On electricity, of course there could be some very remote places without light but most have. Don't forget that they have produced a senate president and now a sec of the fed govt. They have something, albeit modest, to show for it. Let me show you a few examples of villages

1 Like

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by frederal(m): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2013
I have some Ebonyians as friend, they are hard-working people. But they have horrible sides too(but I won't mention them).
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:56am On Jul 22, 2013
Oferekpe beach. Ebonyi beaches also are used for non-leisure activities grin grin grin

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 7:57am On Jul 22, 2013
frederal: I have some Ebonyians as friend, they are hard-working people. But they have horrible sides too(but I won't mention them).

They are very stubborn and dogged. On a good day you do not want to make them angry. grin grin
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 8:01am On Jul 22, 2013
Some of the best palm wines are made in Ebonyi

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 8:04am On Jul 22, 2013
Salt Lakes. These are smaller ones. Larger ones are in Uburu (where Ogbonnaya Onu, current ANPP Chairman hails from)

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2013
Abakaliki Yams

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by ACM10: 8:09am On Jul 22, 2013
Ebonyi is blessed! As an Anambrarian, I am proud of my Ebonyi brothers

20 Likes

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2013
modernized abakaliki rice mill. They are getting there slowly

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 8:16am On Jul 22, 2013
Abakaliki rice

5 Likes

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by asha80(m): 8:17am On Jul 22, 2013
Adejoro74: modernized abakaliki rice mill. They are getting there slowly
who is managing these mills?government or private?
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 8:20am On Jul 22, 2013
asha 80: who is managing these mills?government or private?

Private (local cooperatives)
Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 8:21am On Jul 22, 2013
More Abakaliki rice mills

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2013
Remote Ebonyi villages with electricity

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Adejoro74: 8:57am On Jul 22, 2013

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by AbuMikey(m): 9:09am On Jul 22, 2013
FrontPage Worthy thread!

2 Likes

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Sec5(m): 9:19am On Jul 22, 2013
God bless you for this exposition.Ebonyi state is richly endowed just that they are regretably neglected by powers that be,but i know of a sure that one daythey will rise!

1 Like

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by yorubaruler: 9:22am On Jul 22, 2013
Very nice. Ebonyi still have alot of agricultural potentials that are yet to be utilized.

1 Like

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by Nightshift(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2013
Forget all the imported rice in Nigeria ( most have terrible taste) , Abakaliki rice is one of the most tasty rice in the world. Its taste can be favourably compared to Basmati rice variety.
I equally like the flat landscape of the state with its lush green fields.

11 Likes

Re: The Ebonyi State You May Not Have Known by vizboy(m): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2013
We need exposures like these.

Am from Imo state have been to Edo and Anambra hope to visit their someday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Set To Lose $466m In Military Scam / Buhari And Women: Is He Shy, Coy Or Con? - Vanguard Reporter / Bello Matawalle Explains Why They Had To Shut Down Telecoms Services In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.