Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

The link- a story by damex333 - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The link- a story by damex333 (8157 Views)

The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl / Check Out This Link.....#a New Kid On The Block (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The link- a story by damex333 by jayloyexten(m): 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Nice one

u try to be unique by usin' pidgin-
but i also noticed that u didnt capitalise your proper noun i.e names...
just a lil stuff i noticed.

kip it up mahn
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2013
jayloyexten: Nice one

u try to be unique by usin' pidgin-
but i also noticed that u didnt capitalise your proper noun i.e names...
just a lil stuff i noticed.

kip it up mahn
yeah bro, i want to use both language, so i must capitalise names too, i will surely work more on that in subsequent updates.
Update coming soon today or tomorow.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by phranseeqz(m): 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
I've been a silent reader since day one until my phone decided to go haywire. More battery to your phone and more inspiration also. Waiting for your next update ( codedly)
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Splendblex(f): 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ohh poor lexo, Damex waitin 4 more...
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by VivyGift(f): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
Damex come finish up naah... Abi u wan put am on hold bcus of d short story competition
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
Continuation
my story can not continue if i don't give praises/honor to those who deserve them
am thankful to my Ogas, frank3:16, his stories serves as inspiration to me, mynd44 mehn that guy is just too great, great inspiration 4 me, coolval22 his story is the very first i read on nl, omolola1, larrysun, bukkydan, HBG, all type and kinda foxy, and my real bro vantee20 (d brother to stan my sure baddest nigga), jayloyexten, chistar, yemi, glowingscenes, repo(mummy)girl, princessa, sammy hoe, ishilove, slickest, DNA1, Mazi.
OBOY eh, writers plenty 4 this site o. Chai. I throway my abeti aja cap 4 all of una o.

1 Like

Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Now to those who supported me, thanking all from,
st chuksie my very first reader, he is the first to comment here. To chistar, my own aghagha, yemi, then my best follower, she had been the one pushing me all through, i mean vivy gift, the ram sambroose, and every no that has ever click on this story am thanking all of you.
Thank you.
Ese o.
Nagode.
Gracias.
Obrigado.
(help me with thank You in igbo)

1 Like

Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
Continuation.
" Wetin you mean by that?", " "How e take be boss? Stealing be boss?" Tunji asked Jakes bewildered,
" Bros, abeg bone that side jor, you fit achieve am? The guy don chop life while he could na" Jakes fired back,
" I can't steal and i no go ever steal for my life, na even people like Lexo carry me reach here" he said while his face filled instantly with emotions,
"bros, wetin you mean?" Lexo asked with concern,
"I was accused falsely of what I did not do, i was accused of killing a couple and robbing them" Tunji said
"hmmm, no dey form macho for us for here o because if you no do anything, how come you dey here with us" Joe, the other criminal that was in the cell with them spoke out. "abi o, help me tell am o" Jakes added,
"its not every one you see in the police cell or prison yard are guilty of the offense they are charged for, some are just unfortunate to be at the wrong place in the wrong time even when they are still doing the right thing" Tunji lectured, Joe tried to tell his own story "abegi, me wey I dey here, I be confirm yahoo guy, I enjoy yahoo sotey, I even buy range rover after buying a SUV, but still no commot for the room and parlour I dey live cos na there I put my jazz, but as we take know na, police dey always dey disturb me, and I dey give them money wella, so they just leave me alone, make I dey do my work, them even dey hail me whenever I pass their side, but now yahoo business no dey work again, even the jazz wey baba tombolo give me no gree work again, but police no wan hear am, them still dey come collect their money," his face change from the excited one to the depressed type "money con scarce till i sell the two car, but condition no change, even to chop sef, e con dey difficult, na then I con meet this my friend" he said pointing to Jakes "we don know each other since primary school days, na from there we con click, we join hand dey work for politicians, those politicians dey always do us well, them go pay us after every job we do, but we no know say them go leave us if we enter palava" "police catch us the day we went to steal ballot box, we tried contacting them, but none of them came to assist us, thats why you see us for here" Joe explained
" range rover and SUV?" Lexo exclaimed, "so if we wey dey do crime wella wella can still avoid being here, how wil someone that has done no crime be here?" Joe continued ignoring lexo's statement
" maybe when you hear my story you will understand what i am talking about." Tunji said,
"so, you have a story that you think can convince me?" Joe replied and asked him.
"yeah." Tunji answered.
" Lets hear it".
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Melancholy(m): 11:10am On Sep 21, 2013
Damexx Keep it coming cos i dey follow ur story gan nii.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by jayloyexten(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2013
DAMMEY...IM FF

i like your story.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by VivyGift(f): 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Damex333: Now to those who supported me, thanking all from,
st chuksie my very first reader, he is the first to comment here. To chistar, my own aghagha, yemi, then my best follower, she had been the one pushing me all through, i mean vivy gift, the ram sambroose, and every no that has ever click on this story am thanking all of you.
Thank you.
Ese o.
Nagode.
Gracias.
Obrigado.
(help me with thank You in igbo)

Ur welcome. U are really trying your best and I'm enjoying your story.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 23, 2013
Melancholy: Damexx Keep it coming cos i dey follow ur story gan nii.
thanks bros, wont disappoint you.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 23, 2013
jayloyexten: DAMMEY...IM FF

i like your story.
thanks boss, i am glad you like it.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2013
Vivy Gift:

Ur welcome. U are really trying your best and I'm enjoying your story.
thanks vivy, really appreciate you.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by sambroose(m): 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
More garri for damex......the dude is doing great
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
sambroose: More garri for damex......the dude is doing great
sam, thanks bross, mehn expect an update by monday sha am trying to do an exam and you know the $100 stuff wink
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by sambroose(m): 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
Damex333: sam, thanks bross, mehn expect an update by monday sha am trying to do an exam and you know the $100 stuff wink
Ma guy no be beans o, infact am planing on re_writing and re_editing mine ......$100 no be sere_sere
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by VivyGift(f): 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
Lol @damex nd sambroose... Omo it won't be a childs play. U guys shd just try ur best to get the price... #goodluck#
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
@Dumexx, good afternoon.
Nice try.
I have no idea how writers spin 300-page novels, but I definitely know what one is supposed to be like, technically speaking.
You could say I have a good grasp of the English language. I can spot too many errors which just won't fly. The plot makes for an interesting read, but you have to pay attention to the usage of quotation marks in your dialogues.
I suggest you read more novels and pay attention to how the writers write technically.
It could be any genre, doesn't really matter. Be it sci-fi, romance, etc. So long as it contains a fair amount of characters and dialogues.
Good luck.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
jcgodfrey: @Dumexx, good afternoon.
Nice try.
I have no idea how writers spin 300-page novels, but I definitely know what one is supposed to be like, technically speaking.
You could say I have a good grasp of the English language. I can spot too many errors which just won't fly. The plot makes for an interesting read, but you have to pay attention to the usage of quotation marks in your dialogues.
I suggest you read more novels and pay attention to how the writers write technically.
It could be any genre, doesn't really matter. Be it sci-fi, romance, etc. So long as it contains a fair amount of characters and dialogues.
Good luck.
thanks boss, will surely read more. Chai the errors are because i use a T9 dictionary with my fone. But will work more on the errors.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Ollyfad(f): 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
I av finally caught up wit #hehehe,tld u i wl cum ova didnt i#d plot is nyc nd 4ny.kip it up

1 Like

Re: The link- a story by damex333 by ERF: 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nice one Sir.

But wetin be the name again, of that guy when him uncle wife seduce?
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ollyfad: I av finally caught up wit #hehehe,tld u i wl cum ova didnt i#d plot is nyc nd 4ny.kip it up
hehehehe, my sweatest dearie, you are here, now am fulfiled, welcome on board
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
E<R>F:
Nice one Sir.

But wetin be the name again, of that guy when him uncle wife seduce?
hehehehehe, i get d message bro. I will surely update soon.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by sambroose(m): 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
Damex....give us some update nau, abi are u still sad
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
sambroose: Damex....give us some update nau, abi are u still sad
sad about wetin? Wetin wan make Jesus pikin sad?
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by sambroose(m): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
Damex333: sad about wetin? Wetin wan make Jesus pikin sad?
tank God Jesus pikin don turn woman...................
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
sambroose: tank God Jesus pikin don turn woman...................
na wetin surgery cause be that o, if you see as i take fine ehn, your member sef go grow wings at the mere sight of my face.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by BukkyDan(f): 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
Wow...Finally...
Weldone o @ Damex.

#waves# following
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
BukkyDan: Wow...Finally...
Weldone o @ Damex.

#waves# following
wow, my darling sashalicious bukky is finally here o.
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
THANK YOU ALL FOR FOLLOWING, AM XOWIE THAT I DON'T UPDATE REGULARLY, I HOPE ALL WILL CHANGE WITH TIME. THANK YOU ALL, YOU ARE THE BEST.
[center] ********* [/center]
Olatunji Fasasi was the only child of his family, his father. His father, Mr. Ifakunle Fasasi was a local welder, he worked with Danko steels, which was situated in his village, he managed to get the job because the king of his village had recommended him to the owner of the company, he worked hard but his little earnings was spent at the famous palm wine seller in the village, he was a seasoned drunkard, he had little plans for his son other than teaching him in his line of profession, which he planned to do at his later life, but Olatunji's mother, Mrs. Fasasi valued education but unfortunately for her, she couldn't proceed beyond primary school because there was nobody to sponsor her, her family was a family that believed and followed the popular saying "female education ends in the kitchen" to the letter, she was pained and frustrated when her father had told her the she can't continue her education because he won't sponsor her "i can't waste my money on fruitless things like your education Ifafunke" he had said coldly to her. That alone was enough to make shed uncontrollable tears, she had vowed amidst tears that even if she can't go to school, all of her children must be graduates, but faith dealt her a huge blow as she didn't give birth to more than one male child. Nevertheless, she cherished and loved him wholeheartedly. She was all responsible for seeing him through primary school cos his father didn't care about his education " mi o kawe, ṣugbọn mo nṣiṣẹ mo sin jeun, ọmọ mi o ni kawe, a ṣi ma jeun" (i had no education, yet i work and eat. So also will my son live and eat without education)" he will always say each time Mrs. Fasasi ask him for Olatunji's school fees or anything concerning his education. Though he never fail in his part of providing food and shelter for his family.
Life dealt Mrs. Fasasi another huge blow on a cold thursday. It had been the last day of the month and also a pay day for Mr. Fasasi, he collected his salary and headed to his cool spot, the palmlove palace, the famous palmwine place, where he settled down with his friends and he drank himself to stupor, yet he won't stop, and the seller there won't stop him, yet she encouraged him to drink more, after many rounds of vomiting, he began his journey home with his staggering legs and jaw-slacking mouth spewing nonsense, he got to the road that leads to his house and the road became extra large in his drunken-eyes " did .... they .. enlarge this road today?" he asked himself amidst belching, he walked staggerly into the road but he was knocked down by an hit and run driver because immediately he realised that he had hit someone, he reversed his car and sped away leaving the unconscious man in a pool of his own blood.
She was at home, she was sitting on a bench outside her house, she just sent her son to go and check if his father is at his usual place. She woke him up very early that morning, " Tunji, pls get up, go and wash your face and go to palmlove palace" she said to her twelve years old son that was in jss (junior secondary school)2. "for what na?" he asked her as he was rubbing his sleeply eyes with the back of his palm. "go and check your father there, he isn't back since yesterday" she snapped at him which made the little sleep in his eyes run off in fear, his mother believed in the adage "spare the rod, spoil the child" judiciously so, she doesn't hesistate to beat him whenever he does any wrong thing. Tunji sprang up, and ran outside.
That was five minutes ago. But now sitting on the bench has become unbearable. Why is this man doing like this? Where is he now? I hope he is in the palmwine seller place o were all the thought that accompany her on the bench before a loud cry jolted her from her sit, she saw her son running towards the house as loud wails escaped his lungs, she was extremely alerted. "whats happening?" she asked her self before pushing towards his son's side. As she got there, she bent to his size to ask him what happened but he just fell into her arms still crying and wailing aloud. "what happened?" she managed to ask still wondering why the boy was crying and picking her head to reject wat her mind was telling her. Is my husband dead or why is he crying? Was the only thought that was in her head which she was doing her best to reject it. I can't be a widow now, she thought again. People had started to gather around mother and child as the cries and wailings of Tunji was disturbing their sweet dreams since it was barely five in the morning "I saw daddy's corpse lying on the road with blood all around him" Tunji finally broke the news to her. "Nooooooo!!!!" was the only noise she made before fainting.

* To be Continued (soonest i hope) *
Re: The link- a story by damex333 by ERF: 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Practical Tips For Effective Reading: Readers Club / My Year Of Trouble And Sexcapades(myts) / Tamed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.