Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Sin Against Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sin Against Holy Spirit (990 Views)

Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God / How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? / The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sin Against Holy Spirit by kene20(m): 6:36pm On May 25, 2008
It is written in the Bible that even if your sin is as black as charcoal that he (God) can make it to b whiter than snow. And it is also written that all sins can be forgiven but SIN AGAINST HOLYSPIRIT can never be forgiven. My question now is

1. What are these sins committed against the holyspirit.
2. Are the two bible passage not contradictory.
Re: Sin Against Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 26, 2008
I hope I can help you on this matter. This is what I obtained from the study of the word and the ministration of His spirit. The pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons by Beelzebub, and in his defence of him casting out demons by the Holy Spirit, he made the statement in Matt 12: 32 " Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Can someone still sin against the Holy Spirit? YES What is the sin? Not accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour till death. That is if anyone continually resists the Holy Spirit who urges us to come to Christ and dies in this state of rebellion such a man or woman sins against the Holy Spirit.

Paul was a pharisee who we may say also shared the values of his colleagues that Jesus used Beelzebub to cast out demons. But was accepted by God and used of the Holy Spirit. It doesn't matter how far you have gone as far as you have been convicted and come to God through Christ he will accept you. But knowing the truth and postponing your surrenderance or arguing it out why you shouldn't come to Christ then you are on the path to sinning against the Holy Spirit and apostacy may be imminient.

However there is a state called apostacy in theology. That is a point where someone whos the Lord has concluded in his/her mind to rebel against the known truth ( the word of God) about God. Such men have been said to usually die in thier state of rebellion hence have been said to have reached a state of sinning against the Holy Spirit.
Re: Sin Against Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 26, 2008
I hope I can help you on this matter. This is what I obtained from the study of the word and the ministration of His spirit. The pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons by Beelzebub, and in his defence of him casting out demons by  the Holy Spirit, he made the statement in Matt 12: 32 " Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

Can someone still sin against the Holy Spirit? YES What is the sin? Not accepting Jesus as your Lord and saviour till death. That is if anyone continually resists the Holy Spirit who urges us to come to Christ and dies in this state of rebellion such a man or woman sins against the Holy Spirit.

Paul was a pharisee who we may say also shared the values of his colleagues that Jesus used Beelzebub to cast out demons. But was accepted by God and used of the Holy Spirit. It doesn't matter how far you have gone as far as you have been convicted and come to God through Christ he will accept you. But knowing the truth and postponing your surrenderance or arguing it out why you shouldn't come to Christ then you are on the path to sinning against the Holy Spirit and apostacy may be imminient.

However there is a state called apostacy in theology. That is a point where someone who knows the Lord has concluded in his/her mind to rebel against the known truth ( the word of God) about God. Such men have been said to usually die in thier state of rebellion hence have been said to have reached a state of sinning against the Holy Spirit.
Re: Sin Against Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:20am On May 12, 2009
Sin against the Holy Spirit is declaring deliberately that the Holy Spirit has no hand in all the wonders that God has been using you to perform.
Re: Sin Against Holy Spirit by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:51pm On May 12, 2009
belabela:

I hope I can help you on this matter. This is what I obtained from the study of the word and the ministration of His spirit. The pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons by Beelzebub, and in his defence of him casting out demons by the Holy Spirit, he made the statement in Matt 12: 32 " Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

However there is a state called apostacy in theology. That is a point where someone who knows the Lord has concluded in his/her mind to rebel against the known truth ( the word of God) about God. Such men have been said to usually die in thier state of rebellion hence have been said to have reached a state of sinning against the Holy Spirit.

God bless you brother. It is so unfortunate that many people allow Satan to put them under condemnation because of their past ignorance. "There is therefore now no condemnation in them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Rom.8:1).

Check the suggested link below for further explanation on the topic.

http://www.gotquestions.org/unpardonable-sin.html

(1) (Reply)

Can God Tire? / Who Is A True Christian And How Does One Recognize A True Church? / Hear What Barack Obama Has To Say About Building Of Mosque In U.s And Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.