Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

The Sin Against Holyspirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sin Against Holyspirit (1589 Views)

Gifts Of The Holyspirit : I Can Tell The Ones You Have / How Can One Sin Against The Holyspirit? / How Do You Differentiate Between The Holyspirit And Your Conscience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sin Against Holyspirit by kene20(m): 6:44pm On May 25, 2008
It is written in the Bible that even if ur sin is as dark black as charcoal, he (God) can make it 2 b whiter than snow.
And it is also written that all sins can b forgiven but sin against the holyspirit can not never b forgiven. My question now is

1. What are these sins against holyspirit?
2. Are the two quotations not contradictory?
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by Ayolorun: 8:30pm On May 25, 2008
hello, please can you describe the sin
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by adetunrayo(f): 10:21am On May 26, 2008
I think is saying negative things against the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by PastorAIO: 5:15pm On May 26, 2008
The standard explanation that I was taught is that it refers to people who have become so muddled that they can no longer tell good from evil. The process of forgiveness requires that you confess and acknowledge your sin. Well what if you can't. What if you see good things and you call them evil while you see evil things and you consider them good. What if you see Jesus performing great deeds and miracles and yet you state that you believe that they are evil acts and he's done them by the devil. Then how are you to be forgiven.

Once you've lost the basic recognition of Good and Evil then you have commited the sin against the holy spirit.
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by Backslider(m): 9:27pm On May 26, 2008
@poster

The question is how can one sin against the Holy Ghost?
Who forgives sin?
Who convict sin?
Who Justifies?
This is why the Holy Ghost is so Important to man.

Why is it that Satan cant be forgiven?

The answer is that if a man being without conviction by the Holy Ghost can never be forgiven because in the first place he is in complete darkness.

When a man can be convicted of sin he ask God the Father to forgive

But we see the seperate work of the Holy Ghost as though It has no other work than to convict and not to forgive.

It is looking like the Holy Ghost convict and does not forgive.

The Holy Spirit cannot forgive not because it is wicked nope but its main reason is to bring Holiness to man.

However If the son shall set you free you shall be free indeed.

Just as the Executioner does not have the right to spare the head of anyone to be slain so the Holy Ghost does not spare evil he is holy.
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by Backslider(m): 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2008
every man living can be forgiven of any sin if he repents
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 03, 2008
an example of d sin is

saying or giving fake prophesies and messages,when its not from the holyspirit ,especially wen u say thus says the lord

somepple give prophesies and make it look as if its from d holyspirit,the bible says woe betide that person that will speak when i have not asked him to ,things of the spirit is handled by holyspirit and thats why we are always careful of what we say and do during that time,and not giving out messages because you want to be recognised,but giving messages according to the auction of the holyghost upon you at that particular time without addition or subtraction,but saying it as it is given to you
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by dammy4u: 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2008
The sin against the Holy Spirit is no other than rejecting the sonship and saviourship of Jesus Christ . It is the Holy Spirit that establishes in a man's heart that Jesus is the saviour of mankind from sin and consequences of sin. But if after a man is convicted of his sin and made to know that God sent His Son into the world to save sinners he continues to reject/neglet so great a salvation that came from God and continue in sin until his conscience becomes dead that it can no longer respond to the touch and urge of the Holy Spirt, such a one has comitted a sin against the Holy Spirit having by his own hand shut the door of salvaltion against his own soul.
We should however note that there is no sin that is genuinely confess that God will not forgive because it is written "whosoever covers his sin shall not prosper but whosoever confesses and forsakes his sins shall have mercy."
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by olabowale(m): 10:05pm On Jun 03, 2008
As much as the christians attach so much importance to the person of Jesus, as they had called him alll kinds of names and bestowed on him, all kindsof titles, it has not changed the fact that if a person simply believes in Jesus and disbelieves the God who had sent him, such a one will end up in hellfire. The contrary can not be proven, as it is God, according to the Bible that anoited Jesus and not the other way around! Each time, no one can prove that Jesus is higher than God. At best and that is a fallacy, the christians claim that Jesus is equal to God. But at all time, it is easy to proof that God is higher and greater than Jesus. There is no time that anyone can proof that God is lower than Jesus. The worst that can be done, which is also a fallacy is that God is equal with Jesus.

And those fallacies, as stated above will lead to hellfire. Now proof to me that God called Jesus at anytime God. Also proof to me that God also called the Holy spirit God at anytime. Please be very clear in your Bible, when you draw up inferences that we can easily pull down on its face.
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by TayoD1(m): 4:03am On Jun 04, 2008
@Olabs,

You have carried your dishonest slef to this thread again to repeat the same-ol', same-ol' crap about God not refering to Jesus as God even after I have refered you to Psalm 45 at least twice on this board. When are you going to grow tired of this al'taqiya.

Psalm 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. 7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows

And by the way, are you not told to learn from Christains because they know better than you? Where did your Moohammed ever instructred you to teach Christians? Why are you such a stiff-necked mooslim? You must consider yourself wiser than your lord or are you now selectively obeying your kuran?Surah 10:94 - If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt.
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by sheniqua: 4:11am On Jun 04, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Olabs,

You have carried your dishonest slef to this thread again to repeat the same-ol', same-ol' crap about God not refering to Jesus as God even after I have refered you to Psalm 45 at least twice on this board. When are you going to grow tired of this al'taqiya.

Psalm 45:6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. 7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows

And by the way, are you not told to learn from Christains because they know better than you? Where did your Moohammed ever instructred you to teach Christians? Why are you such a stiff-necked mooslim? You must consider yourself wiser than your lord or are you now selectively obeying your kuran?Surah 10:94 - If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt.

Mooha says they should learn from people of da book
olabowole says no
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by olabowale(m): 12:10pm On Jun 04, 2008
@Sheniqua: You miss the point of what the Qur'an says. Since I know that you lov gymnastics so much, I will use the tumbling effect to illustrate this issue.

If a person is pretending not to know how to do a handstanding, and you see that the body is like the body of someone who has practicised a lot on the floormat, one may try to smoke her out of pretension by asking a question that is direct and technical to the etiquette of gynasium and gymnastics. It really therefore to coast somebody who is bent on hiding the truth to be shamed to coming out with absolute and the complete truth. I know the gymnastic bit is not lost on you.

Now M.uhammad went to a rabbi who was reading torah portion on his dying son. He, M.uhammad in the company of his companion asked this rabbi, in Madina to speak the truth my God who sent "the Original and unaduterated Torah" that M.uhammad was described in the "Torah." The rabbi said no. His dying son then said that he swore by Allah that Mu.hammad was in their book. By this testimony the prophet told the mus.lims to prevent the rabbi from caring any longer for their brother in faith. Though, the dying person is still a son to the rabbi and still an ethnic Jew, howeevr he had became a Mus.lim by his "words." Come to think of it his words did not become him, but a means of knowing what he was about; a believer.

In this case, his "word" carries his inner intention. His "word" was his messenger. Thats what prophets are not God. thats what each messenger was. God's "word' was His promise, commitment, Messenger or Message.
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by olabowale(m): 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2008
@Sheniqua: My original question was never answered by Olaadegbu. You may now try it, before another round od trampoline/gymnastics; Did God called Jesus, God, at anytime? lol.

Now for further illustration about what you failed to see of what is contained in the Qu.r'an; When the children of Israel complained to Moses that they desired to eat other foods than manna and quill, the provisions that God had provided. Moses had an audience with God whereby he petitioned their complaints. God said to Moses to tell them to God back to Egypt or enter any places that they wish to find what they want. Since they missed the Egyptian's Beans (foolmudamas; Frizy I hope I got the spelling right. I never like that food with humus, etc), and all the onions and other vegetables, etc. God gave them a sarcastic or mocking answer by telling them to go back to the western part of Egypt, where they had just been freed or enter any land that they wish.

You see when God gave such an answer, He mocked them for their deceit. Its also in the same light as when said in many part of the Q.ur'an that the disbelievers should be given the news (a forewarning, a good news that may make those with good heart reflect) of the punishment or torment of hellfire. For those who hae any fear of God, when they hear something like this, they begin to take a second and critical look at whatever they are doing. And make proper and right adjustment.

When a person who reads about "Comforter" to come after Jesus, if the heart is not diseased, the person should ask what is a "comforter," in this context? Since there was a qualifier as in "another" to describe the future "Comforter," it is then encumbered upon the heart to ask what did the previous Comforter do? Who was the previoys comforter and his nature and duty, etc. So, lady who was the previous comforter; man or what? Was this previous comforter in existence and had gone before Jesus, or was he at the same time as Jesus, or was it Jesus? Did Jesus know the former/previous comforter? And whats the different between the former and future Comfoters; duties, human or what, etc, etc, etc?

If you wager with me, you would have lost long time! lol.

Am waiting.
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by Lady2(f): 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2008
The standard explanation that I was taught is that it refers to people who have become so muddled that they can no longer tell good from evil. The process of forgiveness requires that you confess and acknowledge your sin. Well what if you can't. What if you see good things and you call them evil while you see evil things and you consider them good. What if you see Jesus performing great deeds and miracles and yet you state that you believe that they are evil acts and he's done them by the devil. Then how are you to be forgiven.

Once you've lost the basic recognition of Good and Evil then you have commited the sin against the holy spirit.

WHAT ARE YOU FOR REAL

I will have to agree with JennyKendry.
The HolySpirit reveals, to say that you have received from the Spirit is to lie against the Spirit.

Olabowale why are you here? Where is your respect?
Did this ask about the Qu'ran or anything to do with Is'lam?
No it doesn't.
This only proves that Is'lam is insecure and in order to find a place must place doubt in the minds of the people of God.
I challenged you to prove the authenticity of the Qu'ran but all you do is try to prove the Bible false.

Change your tactic and you will be taken seriously. I've also told you not to speak on the Bible you know nothing about. You make assumptions, you challenge people to give you an answer on the Bible, meanwhile what you are asking aout happens to be false.

Quit it man.
You are being disrespectful.
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2008
is olabowale a muslim?if he is y is y is he replying here,cos everything he's said here is not true,if he doesnt know wat to say let him keep still and stop saying wat he does not know
Re: The Sin Against Holyspirit by Novacaine(m): 4:16pm On Jun 07, 2008
This issue is very complicated i wont even act like i understand it cos i dont

(1) (Reply)

I Am God, I Make Peace And Create Evil? / Muslim Woman Tells The Truth About Islam / God Will Allow Our Enemies To Be Defeated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.