Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal (20907 Views)

Alex Song And Cameroon Under Investigation For Match Fixing In Brazil / Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Emmanuel Emenike Arrested For Match Fixing; Released Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by aginamuk: 6:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
Players and officials of clubs involved in two Nigerian promotion play-off games that ended 79-0 and 67-0 have been banned for life.

Plateau United Feeders were 79-0 victors over Akurba FC while Police Machine FC demolished Bubayaro FC 67-0.

The four clubs have been banned from the game for 10 years.

A Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) committee recommended that match officials involved in the two matches should be given life bans.

Plateau United Feeders and Police Machine went into the matches level on points, with promotion to the lowest tier of the Nationwide League Division at stake.

Feeders scored 72 of their goals in the second half, while Police Machine reportedly scored 61 times after the break in their game.

The results meant that Plateau edged above Police Machine on goal difference.

The NFF said in a statement: "The NFF have accepted the recommendations and they would be communicated to the clubs, the state FA's, CAF and FIFA.

"We will publish all the names of players and officials with their photographs and details."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23412227

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by imsuboi(m): 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
Wow! 10years?
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by imsuboi(m): 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
Wow! 10years??
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by kholis(m): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
Good development, if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Afam4eva(m): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
This is very good.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Skywalker5(m): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
haha 79-0 and 67-0 wtf
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Decapo: 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
Nice development sha...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by bunmioguns(m): 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
I love this............waoh!!!! I am also among the ogas at the top grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by decrox199(m): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
Good riddance to bad rubbish!!!..Kudos to Maigari led administration..not bussiness as usual..hope Mr Retardeen cn take a cue from this and always be decisive..This is wat Nigeria needs..Neccessary decision at the shortest possible time and not endless committees

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Iaz93: 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
Match Abuse
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Fazhy: 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
End of careers. So shameful. They can't even go to Europe which I believe is the dream of most of them.

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Youngzedd(m): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
Others should learn from this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Okijajuju1(m): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
Why ban the players for life and give the club 10years?! Dont they realize that the players only executed the crime, but the real culprit are those behind the fraud (e.g Referee, club managers, coaches and co.)

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by DICKtator: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
79-0? When it is not that superstitious story about playing India 0-99!!!
Was the goalie sleeping all through?
Good riddance to bad rubbish
An audit of the league should be the next thang
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Ekans: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
Good decision,if it will be allowed to stand.
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
SUPER STORY *waiting for episode 2*
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Gudme: 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ok
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Janiobi(m): 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
grin sweet, that serve them write...10yers small sef
Hw on earth can a normal match end up with does high score wen no be india day play d match?
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by AbuMikey(m): 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
Welcome development,but what about the Coaches,referees,club officials,match commissioners and 10years for the clubs is just too small nau
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by ITbomb(m): 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
I wonder if this would work in a country where
1. International Passport can be gotten without any documents of existence.
2. Driver's License can be purchased at a price
3. National ID require just a 'word of mouth' evidence.

I could be anybody at anytime in Nigeria, The only thing I will miss will be my credentials and reference letter.
For these people whose selling point is their legs. They could be reborn.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by 2goodbobo(m): 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
Haba na basket ball?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by rozayx5(m): 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
some guys just made mills somewhere shocked shocked shocked

with this kinda fixing
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
I just remembered the Nigeria Vs India match of 1796 grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
I pray that NFF enforce it.
Last Bullet:
Those involved in that scam are so dumb that they were blind to think about the outcome of their senseless fraud!
The scoreline is sooo...fallacious that a crazy man ll know that it's match fixing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by lacosteIII(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
....................................................................................................
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Zither(m): 2:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
LWKMD....sho 1 2 3 4 5 10 20 50 67, 79...una dey ves o... Corruption and bribery even in football grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Ninapha(f): 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
This one pass 'match fixing' why i go collect 79 goals not 2,3 4 atleast to make it real.-h i forgot, guiness book of record tins! Well they never planned a career in football. Na dem ban themselves sef. 79 wayo goals, some mumunism no get part 2.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Donkarizma: 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
The four clubs and the officials that officiated the match should be ban.
Because that match shows the level of corruption and match fixing in the football.
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by Odunharry(m): 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
nyc one but dy shud also ban d officials too
Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
Richfella: I just remembered the Nigeria Vs India match of 1796 grin
Fellow Nigerians, I Chief Dr Okiki_Oluwa is here today to erase the fallacious story that India defeated Nigeria 100-1 in a football match in 1976, 1886 or whatever year. It's an ugly lie.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by idy15: 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
WOW, NA THIS KIND PLAYERS KESHI SUPPOSE CARRY GO CONFEDERATION CUP, AT-LEAST WE FOR REACH FINAL,

SHAME ON THEM, NOT US

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players Banned For Life For Match-fixing Scandal by IAMBREEZY: 2:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
This one is basketball not football,can u imagine.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Italy Names Squad For Nigeria Friendly / Ferri: Pitch Invader Won't Face Legal Action But Will Be Kicked Out Of Qatar / Neymar Returns To Training After 3 Months Injury (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.