Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,284 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:37 PM

Islam's Position On Paedophilia And Marriage Of Under-age Girls - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam's Position On Paedophilia And Marriage Of Under-age Girls (857 Views)

Islam And Under Age Marriage! / The Actual Shia Position On The Sahaba / Does This Mean Islam Condone Paedophilia And Child Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam's Position On Paedophilia And Marriage Of Under-age Girls by McLuhan(m): 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
Recently, Senator Yerima of Zamfara raised a motion in the Nigerian Senate to the effect that the Constitution should be amended to allow men to marry girls of any age. He claimed that it was consistent with the teachings of his religion, Islam, and that to set the age limit at 18, as was originally the case, is to contravene a liberty allowed by his religion. I've also been told that the revered Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was married to a very young girl, Aisha, who was still a child at the time of the consummation of the marriage. Furthermore, it is said that the Holy Quran does not prohibit this practice. Now, I ask: Is this true? Does Islam, through the Quran or the Hadith, permit marriage to a 13 year-old girl - or someone perhaps even younger than that? If so, is it healthful for the girl child involved, and is such a practice consistent with civilisation and human development? Please educate me.
Re: Islam's Position On Paedophilia And Marriage Of Under-age Girls by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
@OP this has nothing to do with Education or Modern Civility, Right or Wrong, Moral or Immoral, it has all to do with the LAW of ISLAM demonstrated by her Holy Prophet Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him).
As a Strict Muslim, you can marry a girl form the age of 6 upwards and you can Consummate this marriage when she sees her period. shikena. If the Bible allowed it, would it be such a bruhha ahha grin grin grin
Re: Islam's Position On Paedophilia And Marriage Of Under-age Girls by manmustwac(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
We are not all muslims some of us re not even religious so I don't understand why they (muslim) senators can impose a law on us based on their religious beliefs
Re: Islam's Position On Paedophilia And Marriage Of Under-age Girls by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2013
manmustwac: We are not all muslims some of us re not even religious so I don't understand why they (muslim) senators can impose a law on us based on their religious beliefs

That is what happens when society allows religion to claim (unconstituitonal) authority when it has absolutely no right to. expunge it from our court systems, from schools and from politics, you will see a marked improvement.
Re: Islam's Position On Paedophilia And Marriage Of Under-age Girls by BetaThings: 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
McLuhan: Recently, Senator Yerima of Zamfara raised a motion in the Nigerian Senate to the effect that the Constitution should be amended to allow men to marry girls of any age. He claimed that it was consistent with the teachings of his religion, Islam, and that to set the age limit at 18, as was originally the case, is to contravene a liberty allowed by his religion. I've also been told that the revered Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was married to a very young girl, Aisha, who was still a child at the time of the consummation of the marriage. Furthermore, it is said that the Holy Quran does not prohibit this practice. Now, I ask: Is this true? Does Islam, through the Quran or the Hadith, permit marriage to a 13 year-old girl - or someone perhaps even younger than that? If so, is it healthful for the girl child involved, and is such a practice consistent with civilisation and human development? Please educate me.

This post is a product of falsehood
It follows that since subsequent posts are based on that fabricated premise, the entire thread should disappear!
It is difficult to win an argument against lies

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/we-didnt-vote-on-marriage-age-says-senate-2/
We didn’t vote on marriage age, says Senate
The moderator should do their work

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How 100,000 Britons Have Chosen To Become Muslim / Marriage Of Aisha @ 9 / Different forms of Patnership With Allah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.