Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:19 PM

Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (19737 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Iceslizer(f): 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
mascot87: JOhn 20:23 says (after d resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and d disciple s of Christ were in d upper room, 21 says then said Jesus to them i.e the disciples,peace be unto you:as my father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22 and when he had said this, he breathed on them and said unto them, recieve ye the holy spirit 23:whose soever sins ye remit,they are remitted unto them;and whose soever sins ye retain,they are retained.) The priests,bishop and pope are d representatives of Christ disciples on earth and this obligations has been assigned to them to continue the laid down instruction of Christ.The church picks the act of confession from john 20:23 since Christ himself gave them the authority. The mysterious part of it is the the priests, bishops or pope cannot forgive themselves of there sins, they have to go to other priests for confession.Remember that the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is passed on from generation to generation and no ONE nor the power from the pit of hell can stop it.

I thought the Pope was infallible undecided undecided
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by deebrain(m): 2:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
Tolexander: Can Seun help to connect Nairaland to follow the Pope on twitter so that our sins can be forgiven most especially those guys presently in romance and sexuality section?

Blessings ye. Worry not. I have forgiven thy iniquities. cheesy
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by drnoel: 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
owolabifunke14: Yes, catholic and anglican churches are in support of gay and pope as the head of the church is not saying anything.
U obviously don't have information and so u decided to talk out of contest.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Humanbeans(m): 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
This is calling on all catholics to repent and be born again.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Blaisec: 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
spongeback: Can I laugh

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by debosky(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
Linoversace:

Funny!
Have you told someone to FALL DOWN and DIE today? undecided

Father forgive me if I sin but I found this VERY funny. grin grin
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Google63(m): 2:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
owolabifunke14: I am just calling for the pope to take up the right fight as head of the church.
owolabifunke14: I am just calling for the pope to take up the right fight as head of the church.
Jesus is the Head of the church! (Ephesians 1vs22) read your bible
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Google63(m): 2:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
Jesus is the Head of the church! (Ephesians 1vs22) read your Bible
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by nenergy(m): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
kenifeh: According to iEnterate.com, many theologians have criticized the measure because it "distances the person of the priest, the only mediator between God and man," said one Vatican analyst.
Only what?!? So Jesus Christ is what then? Meaning Jesus Christ died for nothing! #EndtimeBeliefs
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Burger01(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
Pope, abeg i have a confession.. Em em angry Ok, i did something terrible of recent cry Em em I em hmmm.. I need forgivenes please confess me

WTF!!

sad
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by extraflyfineboy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
lucenzo: Catholic till death do me part

Awow, I think its nice as the pope can't reach people. But the problem if it the people whoz sins re been 4given will truelly repent?
Join the discussion and. Argument on my facebook page www.facebook.com/umehomafq

Courtesy www.umehoma.com
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by adtiezy1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
musKeeto: Finally, YAHWEH learns to use technology...

all praises to Obatala, first and only son of Sango, heir to Chukwu. Amen
better repent else you are taking a private jet to hell fire....*SMH*
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by sugardaddy1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
demelza: Bless me Father because I just acquired a new sugar Daddy!
Your sins are forgiven!! Remain with me and sin no more grin
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by mascot87(m): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
Iceslizer:

Everyone on earth is fallible,I mean EVERYONE.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by mbulela: 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
nenergy: Only what?!? So Jesus Christ is what then? Meaning Jesus Christ died for nothing! #EndtimeBeliefs
Jesus Christ is the assistant Pope. He stands in for the Pope when the Pope is too busy.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by francafrank(f): 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2013
don't quote out of context. it was refering to fault one to another not sin against God

you may also read John20:21 ; Recieve the holy spirit whose sins you (remit) forgive they are forgiven (remitted)

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Tolexander: 2:48pm On Jul 23, 2013
deebrain:

Blessings ye. Worry not. I have forgiven thy iniquities. cheesy
thank you lord!
E se baba!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Theblessed(f): 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
[size=16pt]In fact this makes my blood boil!

When will Catholics get their heads together - learn and understand that no one can forgive 'sins' except "The Lord, JESUS CHRIST, THE ONLY SON OF GOD" Our Saviour and Redeemer.

Only Jesus can save and forgive sins!

He redeemed us with his precious blood thus, forgiving our sin - so where does Pope Francis come into this, to be able to forgive sins?

Catholics, please hear this now, you should wake up and smell the coffee - 'The Truth'

Only Jesus can Save,Redeems and forgives our multitudes of sins,no one else, gorit?

Stop distorting the truth of God by deceiving and deluding yourselves with false hope!

Pope Francis is a holy man of God - he is not not Jesus Christ rather, he is a servant of Jesus Christ and a servant can not forgive sins nor save the flock - get it and get it now!!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by sugardaddy1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2013
Afro-k:
Neva read it in d Bible dt our sins can be forgiven tru technology. Moreover if U sin against God, who is d Pope to forgive U ur sins against God... A mortal created by immortal God. Soon dey will change d Lord's Prayer to: Our pope who hath in Rome, Jorge Mario Bergoglio is thy name thy reign come. Thy will be done as the first Jesuit, the first pope from the Americas and d first from the Southern Hemisphere. Give us this Mb for our daily browse and forgive us our sins nd trespasses on twitter as we forgive those who tweets against us, lead us not into internet fraud but deliver us from hackers.... Finish d prayer. If U ar confuse about forgiveness, read dis bible verses: Micah 7:18-19; Hebrew 8:12; Acts 3:19; 1 John 1:9; Colossians 1:4 and many more...

None of your bible quitations above disproves John 20:23

John 20:23
King James Version (KJV)
23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Bond008(m): 2:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel: The POPE has no POWER to forgive Sins.

smiley
only JESUS has the power to forgive. matthew 9:1-7
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by sugardaddy1(m): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
Iceslizer:

Romans 3:23
New International Version (NIV)
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by lacum: 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
but why are human beings like this? pls nairalanders, d headline is misleading. this must have been written by a non catholic to discrdit d church. indulgence does not mean forgiveness of sin but d forgivenes of d punishment due to sin. confession cannot be done online and will never be. pls read d article carefully and u will notice where it was said dat people will receive a plenary indulgence only when they follow d peogramme prayerfully and must have confessed their since to a priest. tks

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Unicyjuice(f): 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
Has the pope ever condoned gay marraige?

The Pope is strongly against gay marriage. Its a sin!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by sugardaddy1(m): 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
Google63: [color=#990000][/color] Jesus is the Head of the church! (Ephesians 1vs22) read your bible

Matthew 16:18
King James Version (KJV)
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

That’s where Jesus appointed Simon the earthly head of the Church. That’s where he appointed him the first pope. The succession of Popes can be traced from that time till the presnet day pope.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Unicyjuice(f): 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
Theblessed: [size=16pt]In fact this makes my blood boil!

When will Catholics get their heads together - learn and understand that no one can forgive 'sins' except "The Lord, JESUS CHRIST, THE ONLY SON OF GOD" Our Saviour and Redeemer.

He redeemed us with his precious blood thus, forgiving our sin - so where does Pope Francis come into this, to be able to forgive sins?

Catholics, please hear this now, you should wake up and smell the coffee - 'The Truth'

Only Jesus can Save,Redeems and forgives our multitudes of sins,no one else, gorit?

Stop distorting the truth of God by deceiving and deluding yourselves with false hope!

Pope Francis is a holy man of God - he is not not Jesus Christ rather, he is a servant of Jesus Christ and a servant can not forgive sins nor save the flock - get it and get it now!!
[/size]

Read John 20:21-23.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Unicyjuice(f): 3:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
Theblessed: [size=16pt]In fact this makes my blood boil!

[/size]

of Course Jesus washed our sins with His precious blood and He is our only God and saviour.
But Read John 20:21-23.
Bless you.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Feranchek(m): 3:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
Youngzedd: FORGIVE US FOR ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS USING MTN CHEAT AND ALSO FOR THE NEW MTN CHEAT WE WILL USE IN FUTURE TIME. grin grin grin

LWKMD4HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! BESTEST COMMENT SOOO FAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by sugardaddy1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=Theblessed][size=16pt]In fact this makes my blood boil!

[/size]

What's this one saying? Go and read John20:23 my friend.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Kingsley21(m): 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
Tolexander: you could have told us where it is found in the scripture!
dat place said confess ur fault one to another not sin,it means say sorry to someone u hav wrong. Only God can forgive sin. Pope is just a human bein lik u. And d bible in Rom 3 Said all hav sinned includin d pope.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Iceslizer(f): 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
$ugardaddy:

Romans 3:23
New International Version (NIV)
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Tell that to my catechism teacher cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Beey(f): 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
Whom does the Pope & the priests confess their sins to?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Okijajuju1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
THIS SPACE IS FOR SALE......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is Gambling On Football A Sin / Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? / What Gospel Songs Minister To You Most??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.