Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,403 members, 7,800,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

How Do I Use The Manual Gear In My Triptronic Outlander Awd? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Do I Use The Manual Gear In My Triptronic Outlander Awd? (1588 Views)

Reg 2013 Mitsubushi Outlander AWD SOLD / Toks 03 Mitsubishi Outlander Awd,toks 2006 Sequoia, Toks 05 Hyundai Tucson,reg / Few Months Used Mitsubishi Outlander AWD SUV For Sale 600k-08058326817-sold.sold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Use The Manual Gear In My Triptronic Outlander Awd? by dewaledeyi(m): 9:26am On May 26, 2008
I just got a mitsubushi outlander AWD 2003 Tiptronic. i.e. Automatic and Manual drivetrain.

On the second drive I see a "+" and a "-" and these are the only available options.

Can someone tell me how the manual side works?

One love
Re: How Do I Use The Manual Gear In My Triptronic Outlander Awd? by dvonne(f): 9:48am On May 26, 2008
Please try going to a driving school.
the amount of road accidents where people lose thier lives like chicken can be reduced drastically
If you and I do the right thing e.g learning to drive properly no one on nairaland can teach u to drive,its a practical lesson and oral teaching will not be be good enough.
Long life to u & to all of us
Re: How Do I Use The Manual Gear In My Triptronic Outlander Awd? by dewaledeyi(m): 9:59am On May 26, 2008
@dvonne

I see that u are very ignorant of the question.

I have over 15 years driving experience both home and abroad so u kno better.

I just got a midsized SUV with Tiptronic capabilities which allows you to drive in Auto mode and switch over to manual if you like, A kinda new experience.

But anyways, thanks for your huge contribution.
Re: How Do I Use The Manual Gear In My Triptronic Outlander Awd? by freshmoney(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2008
First, congratulations! I am happy for you. Your tiptronic gear can be used to drive without using the manual in it. The manual side was attached for fuel efficiency. For instance , if you are gong to Abuja from Lagos, you will need Gear 5 throughout unless you come across some little hindrances like potholes and large bumps or a temporary traffic congestion. The Gear - + means from 1 ranging to 5: Gear 1,2,3,4,5. If you tilt the gear forward from the (-) is gear 2, you will see it on the dashboard, move it forward again, its gear 3, again, its 4 to 5. Moreover, it selects itself back to 4,3,2,1 whenever a break is applied, you could tilt it forward again. However, you are advised to use the auto gear, its good for you and for your life. Once again, congratulations.
Re: How Do I Use The Manual Gear In My Triptronic Outlander Awd? by nkc(m): 10:45am On May 26, 2008
dvonne:

the amount of road accidents where people lose their lives like chicken can be reduced drastically
If you and I do the right thing e.g learning to drive properly no one on nairaland can teach u to drive,its a practical lesson and oral teaching will not be be good enough.

BEEF grin
Re: How Do I Use The Manual Gear In My Triptronic Outlander Awd? by fotodaddy: 11:13am On May 26, 2008
dvonne:

the amount of road accidents where people lose their lives like chicken can be reduced drastically

This is the second best answer to such a question. HOW ON EARTH ARE YOU DRIVING THIS THING ON THE ROAD!!! AND IF YOU KNEW BETTER (WITH ALL YOUR YEARS OF DRIVING EXPERIENCE) YOU WOULD NOT HAVE ASKED

The best answer is: Bring the car to me and I will show you how its done grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Use The Manual Gear In My Triptronic Outlander Awd? by nkc(m): 11:21am On May 26, 2008
fotodaddy:

This is the second best answer to such a question. HOW ON EARTH ARE YOU DRIVING THIS THING ON THE ROAD!!! AND IF YOU KNEW BETTER (WITH ALL YOUR YEARS OF DRIVING EXPERIENCE) YOU WOULD NOT HAVE ASKED

The best answer is: Bring the car to me and I will show you how its done grin grin grin

GOAT grin

(1) (Reply)

*******2009 Honda Crv*****more Than Jus A Feeelinggg / 1994 Model Bmw 3 Series For Sale / 2007 Model Honda Odyssey Forsale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.