Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria (17664 Views)

Fire Explosion At Allen Gas,Okota Lagos,Many Feared Dead,Others Injured(Photos) / Bomb Explosion Destroys Ohanaeze Secretariat In Enugu / Interesting Ghanaian Thoughts About Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 24, 2013
delors:
Gba! We love you too...
cheesy
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 24, 2013
Lanceslot: I will get you an apartment in bauchi, you will love the environment.
Texas.Cowgirl:

grin
@Texas Is bauchi not a nice place?..
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by jayR17(m): 7:58am On Jul 24, 2013
code_0: THE ILLUMATI LET OBAMA MICROCHIP TAKE
ON NIGERIA. THE 77 VIRGINS SINGS WITH
JOY. OH OBAMA, OH NIGERIA. HUHAHAHI.
.cnt c a point here
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by anonimi: 8:04am On Jul 24, 2013
nenergy:
I'm law abiding and i have my voter's card ready for 2015. What more can i do aside these?

That would appear to be a very legitimate question.

As an example, for your academic exams, do you just attend classes, not take notes hence no revision and SIMPLY pray for success just like you have only your voting card and are waiting for 2015 to cast your ballot while praying for God to bless Nigeria?
Do you know and have the contact details of YOUR

- LG councillor
- LG chairman
- state assembly lawmaker
- federal representative
- federal senator

Have you ever written a petition to any of these people and got others in your constituency to sign up on such petition while following up for adequate response to issues affecting your area

Do you work and actually EARN your monthly salary?
If yes, do you think all the five PUBLIC SERVANTS listed above should also work to earn rather than RECEIVE the humongous amounts monthly for practically doing NOTHING

God bless Nigeria is a very empty phrase without ACCOMPANYING works!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Tintinix: 8:28am On Jul 24, 2013
nijanigga:
Cock and bull story. "...he got funding from individuals, organizations etc just two weeks ago""He is developing course contents for new universities in Nigeria" Another fraudstar. Nigerian degrees are toilet papers, who will give somebody money for faeces?

Here is an example of a Mindset that needs change! SMH
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by prettyify(f): 8:40am On Jul 24, 2013
as far as corruption lives, there isn't hope for this country, sorry to say that. but lets be honest from the first day we got our independence, that when corruption started. sometimes i wonder, which is better before 1960 or after 1960?
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Donmichaelz(m): 8:46am On Jul 24, 2013
ebamma 3: i have lost faith in organised religion
i have lost faith in humanity
i have lost faith in the unity of this country
We have No faith in people like you
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by anonimi: 8:49am On Jul 24, 2013
prettyify: as far as corruption lives, there isn't hope for this country, sorry to say that. but lets be honest from the first day we got our independence, that when corruption started. sometimes i wonder, which is better before 1960 or after 1960?

And what is corruption?
Do you mind defining it?
Are you aware that the US, UK, Israel etc are also corrupt?
Do you know the difference between the corruption in Nigeria and that of these developed countries?
How many people do you know personally who are living and have assets beyond their legitimate earnings?
What have you done about those people
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 24, 2013
anonimi:

And what is corruption?
Do you mind defining it?
Are you aware that the US, UK, Israel etc are also corrupt?
Do you know the difference between the corruption in Nigeria and that of these developed countries?
How many people do you know personally who are living and have assets beyond their legitimate earnings?
What have you done about those people

Yes, in Isreal, U.S and U.K theres no light and the money meant for roads is siphoned and theres no repercussion and no one is made to pay. The President was also a Professor a few years ago , but today is a Billionaire in Dollars...

My man, GTFOH!
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by anonimi: 9:33am On Jul 24, 2013
kingoflag:

Yes, in Isreal, U.S and U.K theres no light and the money meant for roads is siphoned and theres no repercussion and no one is made to pay. The President was also a Professor a few years ago , but today is a Billionaire in Dollars...

My man, GTFOH!

Unfortunately you do not have the powers to send someone out of here.
I can only imagine how much abuse of power, including corruption, wou will be engaged in if you have some power, assuming you are not doing that already!!!
BTW, don't you think the lack of capacity to entertain/listen to (even if you will not agree with) opposing views is the cornerstone of MORAL corruption such as is displayed repeatedly by General Muhamadu Buhari (retd.)

How much tribalism do they have in the countries you listed above? That might give you an insight to the working, NARROW definition of corruption in Nigeria and most black African countries i.e.

Corruption is when someone else, not from my tribe and/or social group, has stolen government money and I am not likely to benefit from the "largesse".

Just as as example for you to ponder upon, do you think Prof. Wole Soyinka would have received so much unwarranted attack on his person for making legitimate comments about the excesses of the constitutionally unrecognised First Lady
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by nenergy(m): 10:35am On Jul 24, 2013
anonimi: Do you know and have the contact details of YOUR

- LG councillor
- LG chairman
- state assembly lawmaker
- federal representative
- federal senator

Have you ever written a petition to any of these people and got others in your constituency to sign up on such petition while following up for adequate response to issues affecting your area
You've raised really important questions. And the answer to all of them are sadly NO. Well, i'm awaken now, NO MORE APATHY! What's the easiest way to get these contact details?
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by delors(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
nijanigga:
Cock and bull story. "...he got funding from individuals, organizations etc just two weeks ago""He is developing course contents for new universities in Nigeria" Another fraudstar. Nigerian degrees are toilet papers, who will give somebody money for faeces?
You see, that is exactly where your problem starts and ends...you call this a roaster and bull story? OMG! This is reality. If not for rules banning members identity, I would have shown whom the guy is and what he is presently doing. You seem to have no faith in anything all niccur. And that is not the only guy...he has two other Nigerian friends who are also working on projects and when it proves good enough, they will look for sponsors and start up...Now whose head is exactly empty? You seem hopeless...Nigerian degrees are toilet papers? shocked That's laughable. You have a very long way to go...and after checking your profile, I realize no matter how hard you try to convince a village mechanic like you that he is an auto engineer, he will never agree...go back to your workshop, mekalic, and continue fixing car's fan belts... grin
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Salmoneus(m): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Omenka
Silence? I'm still waiting for you to correct me, or are you hiding like a coward?

While I wait let me return the favor by advising you, next time you feel the itch to correct someone, make sure you know what the hell you're talking about, don't blab for blabbing sake.
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
nenergy: Hmmm, NIGERIA MUST SUCCEED O! I used to believe that my personal success wasn't dependent on the success of Nigeria. But the tanker explosion at Ajah (Lagos) this morning, woke me up from my delusion. The scene was like something from the movie 2012. People running helter-skelter, traders abandoning their wares and a massive bellow of fire raising to the sky. For 15 minutes my life was disrupted. I forgot about work, my book project and even the plans i have for my July salary. When calm return and my life began to piece itself together, i thought to myself; "If i'm to have peace, Nigeria must have peace. If i'm to succeed, Nigeria must succeed." I pray, may the peace of God reign in Nigeria. May those who have sworn to trouble Nigeria be troubled till they abandon their devilish campaign. May God guide our leaders right and help them lead us to the promise land. Amen! Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The errors are overwhelming.
Sorry. undecided
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
anonimi:

Unfortunately you do not have the powers to send someone out of here.
I can only imagine how much abuse of power, including corruption, wou will be engaged in if you have some power, assuming you are not doing that already!!!
BTW, don't you think the lack of capacity to entertain/listen to (even if you will not agree with) opposing views is the cornerstone of MORAL corruption such as is displayed repeatedly by General Muhamadu Buhari (retd.)

How much tribalism do they have in the countries you listed above? That might give you an insight to the working, NARROW definition of corruption in Nigeria and most black African countries i.e.

Just as as example for you to ponder upon, do you think Prof. Wole Soyinka would have received so much unwarranted attack on his person for making legitimate comments about the excesses of the constitutionally unrecognised First Lady
Yes, yes I get it Buhari is the biggest tribalist I'm town even tho he's the last man standing on corruption. Like I said GTFOH!
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
nadia_SA:
@Texas Is bauchi not a nice place?..

Lol dont mind that boy. grin
Bauchi = boko haram
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Lol dont mind that boy. grin
Bauchi = boko haram
This boy wan kee me..
I thot boko haram is in Borno nau
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by nenergy(m): 11:25am On Jul 25, 2013
Tinyemeka:

The errors are overwhelming.
Sorry. undecided
I'm not making excuses, but i typed this piece on mobile and in traffic while commuting back from work. So pardon the "errors". If all you do is go about life looking for errors, what a miserable life you will lead. TINYemeka!
Re: Fire Explosion Changed A Nairalander's Thoughts About Nigeria by PrettaPacco(f): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
Life challenges is designed not to break, but to bind us towards God and humanity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Demolition Of Borno PDP Secretariat In Maiduguri By APC (Pictures) / Boko Haram Attacks Goniri, Yobe; Kills Two, Burns Houses And Cars (Photos) / INEC Invites Nigerians To Inspect Particulars Of Imo, Bayelsa, Kogi Guber Candid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.