Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers (22339 Views)

Chidi Lloyd's Plans To Flee Foiled By Police / Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police / Rivers State Crisis; Chidi Lloyd And His Terror Master (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by brixton: 2:04am On Jul 24, 2013
Senate panel proposes takeover of Assembly

The Majority Leader of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Chidi Lloyd, on Tuesday showed up at the Force Headquarters in Abuja, exactly seven days after he was invited by the police over the free-for-all by some members of the assembly.

But the Aide-De-Camp to Governor Rotimi Amaechi, Debeware Semeikumo, and the Chief Security Officer, Tony Iwelu, shunned a similar invitation to them.

The PUNCH learnt of these just as indications emerged in Abuja that the Senate might endorse the House of Representatives decision to take over the functions of the state assembly.

Lloyd, Semeikumo and Iwelu were invited on July 16 to explain their roles in the July 8 free-for-all in which some lawmakers were injured.

The Majority leader, who had earlier been declared wanted by the Rivers State Police Command in connection with the fracas, arrived at the Force Headquarters at 5. 45pm and was immediately directed to the Force Criminal Investigation Department, where he was asked to write his statement.

A top Police source, who confirmed the lawmakers arrival, said it was unlikely that he would be released on Tuesday as a team of investigators needed to interrogate him.

“Lloyd came to the Force Headquarters about 5:45pm on Tuesday and he was asked to write his statement. It is not certain he would be released today (Tuesday) because he is going to face serious interrogation,” the source added.

As of 11.10pm, he had yet to leave the police headquarters, indicating that he had been detained.

When contacted, the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, said he could not confirm whether Lloyd was detained or not.

But he said that Amaechi’s ADC, who was captured in a video fighting a member of the assembly, and the CSO did not appear at the FCID as directed.

Lloyd, who was also captured on video attacking another lawmaker, Michael Chinda, with a mace, had claimed that he was receiving treatment for an injury he sustained during the fracas at an undisclosed hospital.

One of our correspondents learnt from another police source that Semeikumo, who is a police officer and Iwelu, a State Security Service operative, might have absconded from duty, thereby putting their career in jeopardy.

Asked the implication of such disobedience, the DFPRO said it would be presumptuous to talk about the punishment that awaited them.

“I can confirm to you that the CSO and the ADC have not reported to the Force Headquarters; but I can’t talk on the implications of this on their career; it would be presumptuous to talk about that now,” Mba said.

When our correspondent in Port Harcourt asked Amaechi’s Chief Press Secretary, . David Iyofor, why the two security personnel had not honoured the invitation, he replied that his boss was not stopping them from doing so.

Iyofor explained that the ADC had gone to seek medical attention after sustaining injuries from an attack while trying to protect the governor.

He said, “As we speak, he is being treated and I am sure the police are aware of this. The police investigators that came to Port Harcourt were clearly told this.

“I am sure the police know how to invite the CSO if they want him. . However, the question we should be asking is: why are those who started the fracas not being invited?”

Meanwhile, the Senate Committee on States and Local Government Administration, has recommended that the National Assembly should take over the functions of the Rivers assembly following its inability to carry out its functions.

The House of Representatives had on July 10 passed a resolution, urging the National Assembly to take over the duties of the assembly.

It hinged its decision on Section 11(4) of the 1999 Constitution.

The Senate’s committee, which investigated the fracas by the lawmakers, also recommended the redeployment of the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Joseph Mbu, because of the rift between him and Amaechi.

Although a copy of the report was not immediately available, a member of the Kabiru Gaya-led committee, told one of our correspondents in confidence, that they found out that the crisis was fuelled by the conflict between the governor and the Presidency.

According to him, there were indications that the Presidency was supporting the five members of the assembly, who attempted to sack the speaker.

He said, “From our findings, it was clear that the two parties had faults. The Presidency, on one side backing a faction of the members of the assembly and the Governor on the other hand, supporting the other faction.

“We found the action of the five members despicable. The action of the Majority Leader, who used the mace to hit the head of one of his colleagues was also despicable.

“We also discovered that the Commissioner of Police and the governor can no longer work together to secure the state. One has to leave and of course you cannot ask the governor to leave. So the commissioner will have to go.

“We are also recommending that the National Assembly should take over the functions of the assembly, given the current state of affairs at the legislature.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/fracas-police-detain-rivers-assembly-majority-leader/

3 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by RoyalRoy(m): 2:59am On Jul 24, 2013
scribble: Nigeria is still waiting for ibo presidency but afam4eva has been compensated by seun. i see u moderating homeboy. do ya thing

What is the relevance of your comment to the news above?
I guess your brain was still sleeping while u were typing the trash!!!

@Op....what do you mean by "ACAS" in your headline?

@topic, surely the police with their trademark lopsided approach to political issues!! How can the force PRO claim he doesn't know if Lloyd is being detained or not?
I believe all these force P.R.O's including the Liar woman in Lagos be reminded of the F.O.I bill.
They just make a bold face & lie about the obvious!! May God fire them with Thunder before this raining season ends!!!

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by brixton: 3:40am On Jul 24, 2013
Royal Roy: @Op....what do you mean by "ACAS" in your headline?

The subject space could not tke all the words for the headline. I have edited d 'Acas to fracas'

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by chukjojo(m): 3:55am On Jul 24, 2013
Hmmm! National Assembly taking over which assembly, I hope is not what am thinking oh! because am sensing some sinister plot in all these fracas oh. Amaechi!, Amechi!!, Amaechi!!! how many times have i call you?
I warned you in hebrew but you would't listen. Keep taking advice from Mad Old Professor and Shakau. Ukpana Okpoko gburu bu nti chiri ya.

4 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by Nobody: 4:19am On Jul 24, 2013
Why Lloyd? What of Jesus of okrika' s follower Evans Bipi?

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by RoyalRoy(m): 4:30am On Jul 24, 2013
brixton: Royal Roy: @Op....what do you mean by "ACAS" in your headline?

The subject space could not tke all the words for the headline. I have edited d 'Acas to fracas'

Cool.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by princesammmy: 5:58am On Jul 24, 2013
why is bipi not invited?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by Bgino(m): 6:37am On Jul 24, 2013
because he is running BI PI

5 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by Brimmie(m): 6:44am On Jul 24, 2013
chukjojo: Hmmm! National Assembly taking over which assembly, I hope is not what am thinking oh! because am sensing some sinister plot in all these fracas oh. Amaechi!, Amechi!!, Amaechi!!! how many times have i call you?
I warned you in hebrew but you would't listen. Keep taking advice from Mad Old Professor and Shakau. Ukpana Okpoko gburu bu nti chiri ya.

Here we go.. Derailing Thread!
What has this thread gat to do with Prof. Wole Soyinka?
==========================

Finally, this is not working as they (At The Top) expected.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by nofij(m): 6:55am On Jul 24, 2013
11th 2 comment...am progressin. FP pls ;D11th 2 comment...am progressin. FP pls
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by gunuvi(m): 6:57am On Jul 24, 2013
I pity those ADC and the securities attached to the Gov, they will be used as scape goats. That's why to dey over impress ones boss sometimes no good. Now, even Amaechi can't save them cos they will be sacrificed.

3 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by thaoriginator: 6:58am On Jul 24, 2013
Omo which kain ojoro be dis na! FG/NPF/GEJ/PEJ vs RCA. And the winner is.................!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by Clerverly: 8:00am On Jul 24, 2013
Today's Prayer Point;
Anywhere your enemies may have assembled to impeach your blessing. May the good Lord provide you with a certain Chidi Lloyd to MACE them into submission in Jesus Name!

16 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by buoye1(m): 8:04am On Jul 24, 2013
Ok Oo...let's go there
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by buoye1(m): 8:05am On Jul 24, 2013
nofij: 11th 2 comment...am progressin. FP pls ;D11th 2 comment...am progressin. FP pls
sO......................?make wey dey dance?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by bloggernaija: 8:13am On Jul 24, 2013
scribble: Nigeria is still waiting for ibo presidency but afam4eva has been compensated by seun. i see u moderating homeboy. do ya thing
Nigeria already has an ibo presidency and his name is ebewele goodluck.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by pistol: 8:21am On Jul 24, 2013
Chidi lloyd everlasting abode should be kirikiri maximum prison.
What other evidence do we need to prosecute this case.
the video is more than enough exhibit to secure a conviction.
Charges should be
1-attempted murder.
2-disruption of public peace.
3-causing of grievous And 1st degree bodily harm.
4-etc

6 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 24, 2013
pistol: Chidi lloyd everlasting abode should be kirikiri maximum prison.
What other evidence do we need to prosecute this case.
the video is more than enough exhibit to secure a conviction.
Charges should be
1-attempted murder.
2-disruption of public peace.
3-causing of grievous And 1st degree bodily harm.
4-etc
It's obvious you don't know what logic is. You don't know what causality is, either. If you're looking at "cause", you look at both the remote and immediate causes. Yes, Chidi Lloyd may have been hard on the said legislator, but what brought about the fracas? What brought the fracas which was the attempt of 5 members claiming to be 2/3 of the 32 member of the RSHA to impeach the Speaker was the remote cause.. The remote cause then gave birth to the immediate cause which saw Chidi Lloyd use the fake mace on a member. Also, Evans Bipi who led the 5 legislators claimed before the cameras that he blew, kicked, slapped and punched a member. How come nothing is being said about him? Is his action not an immediate cause just as that of Chidi Lloyd? There can never be an immediate cause without a remote cause. Please, start reasoning.

10 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by nofij(m): 8:55am On Jul 24, 2013
buoye1: sO......................?make wey dey dance?
no school today?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by datChelseaBoy: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2013
Trust Nigerian politicians, nothing will come out of this one
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by Tolexander: 9:08am On Jul 24, 2013
I think say na the leader of the 5 lawmakers in rivers state that wanted to impeach the Speaker be the majority leader now.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by dridowu: 9:14am On Jul 24, 2013
Still detain but next news is release on bail
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by Willy4Willy: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2013
GOOOOD,
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by kstyle2(m): 9:32am On Jul 24, 2013
I rily dnt knw y i hv a funny feelin dat notin gud wil com out of dis ish.hv b guyz askd abt d farouk lawan case?1 distractn coms in n all attention shifts.we were stil on dis chidi lloyd stuff n den d underage marriage saga came in.chidi lloyd wil go scot free.i can place bets on dis my 2nd hand curve 2 fone.yels na

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by ballabriggs: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2013
Complete hogwash and nonsense.

If at all he committed any crime, then it is a state crime and not a federal crime and so only the Attorney General of Rivers can determine if he can be prosecuted.

They know what they are up to and know nothing will come out of this their so-called "investigation".
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 24, 2013
Ola Johnson:
It's obvious you don't know what logic is. You don't know what causality is, either. If you're looking at "cause", you look at both the remote and immediate causes. Yes, Chidi Lloyd may have been hard on the said legislator, but what brought about the fracas? What brought the fracas which was the attempt of 5 members claiming to be 2/3 of the 32 member of the RSHA to impeach the Speaker was the remote cause.. The remote cause then gave birth to the immediate cause which saw Chidi Lloyd use the fake mace on a member. Also, Evans Bipi who led the 5 legislators claimed before the cameras that he blew, kicked, slapped and punched a member. How come nothing is being said about him? Is his action not an immediate cause just as that of Chidi Lloyd? There can never be an immediate cause without a remote cause. Please, start reasoning.

What is this one saying?

Can murder be justified?

Do the 5 have a right to call for an impeachment of an officer of the house who in their opinion fall short of expectations?

Having call for the impeachment of the speaker, what is the next appropriate course of action by the 27 lawbreakers? is it to start a fight?

What happen to seeking redress in the court of law if they 5 have breach any known law?

9 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 24, 2013
oxford:

What is this one saying?

Can murder be justified?

Do the 5 have a right to call for an impeachment of an officer of the house who in their opinion fall short of expectations?

Having call for the impeachment of the speaker, what is the next appropriate course of action by the 27 lawbreakers? is it to start a fight?

What happen to seeking redress in the court of law if they 5 have breach any known law?
Read my comment again.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by pistol: 10:31am On Jul 24, 2013
Ola Johnson:

Can you hear yourself?
I don't even know what to tell you.

5 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by stanech: 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
Good! Let him face the law
Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
pistol:

Can you hear yourself?
I don't even know what to tell you.
You won't know what to say because you don't understand my comment.

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers by Olaolufred(m): 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
stanech: Good! Let him face the law

HIS OFFENCE IS BAILABLE.

HE WILL GO TO COURT, AND CASE WILL CONTINUE FOR YEARS.

HE WILL BE LET TO "GO AND SIN NO MORE"

IF NOT FOR FOOLISHNESS AND WETIN DEM WAN CHOP,CHINDA JOINED 4 OTHERS TO IMPEACH 27 OTHERS.

HE FOR DEY BURN IN HELL NOW, BUT THANK GOD FOR SECOND CHANCE.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Built On A Satanic Foundation- Femi Fani Kayode / Reuben Abati: The Jonathan They Dont Know / Nigeria Produces High-grade Security Merchandise Locally - IGP Idris (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.