Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? (12319 Views)

National Task Force Recruitment: Any Info? / FHI360 Recruitment: Any News? / Nigeria Shipper Council Recruitment: Any Information? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by NgoSomto: 2:48am On Jul 24, 2013
My friend who lives in the USA applied to NNPC in late December 2012. He has been calling me since last month and told me that someone told him that NNPC has already finished selecting people from that batch. Which means he was not selected. In fact, he said that interviews have already started. He asked me to find out. I do not know anyone in NNPC. Can anyone give me information about the December 2012 NNPC job announcement. This guy calls me everyday cos according to him " he wants to come back home to Nigeria as soon as possible." I feel his pain and why he wants to come back home. He was also asking me if a job that pays 150 000 naira can sustain him in Nigeria for the time being until he finds his feet. Please nairalanders help me with information.
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by fabraham(m): 5:03am On Jul 24, 2013
Even Americana wan come back home.Tell am say every where hard oo

2 Likes

Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by kkkp: 8:04am On Jul 24, 2013
Its normal in all fg jobs..it is called replacement...u have 2 knw sumbdy lyk a senator...sum ppl even pay upto a million naira to secure dis kind of jobs
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by kevoh(m): 8:53am On Jul 24, 2013
NgoSomto: My friend who lives in the USA applied to NNPC in late December 2012. He has been calling me since last month and told me that someone told him that NNPC has already finished selecting people from that batch. Which means he was not selected. In fact, he said that interviews have already started. He asked me to find out. I do not know anyone in NNPC. Can anyone give me information about the December 2012 NNPC job announcement. This guy calls me everyday cos according to him " he wants to come back home to Nigeria as soon as possible." I feel his pain and why he wants to come back home. He was also asking me if a job that pays 150 000 naira can sustain him in Nigeria for the time being until he finds his feet. Please nairalanders help me with information.

No one has been called or selected for any test/interview/appointment concerning NNPC December 2012 recruitment. Those who received appointments recently are for the NNPC retail job and earlier before then was the first batch of those who did the NNPC test and interview in 2010.

Nothing has been heard so far from the 2012 NNPC job advert.

1 Like

Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by NgoSomto: 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
kevoh:

No one has been called or selected for any test/interview/appointment concerning NNPC December 2012 recruitment. Those who received appointments recently are for the NNPC retail job and earlier before then was the first batch of those who did the NNPC test and interview in 2010.

Nothing has been heard so far from the 2012 NNPC job advert.

Kevoh, thank you so much for the information. I have called him and read your response to him. He sounded relieved. Now he is making attempts to secure a teaching appointment in one of the private Universities in Abuja so as to be on ground in Nigeria while waiting for NNPC. I also told him to register with nairaland cos he will get answers to most of these questions he asks me. The job pays about 150,000 naira. Wants to know if he can survive. I told him I am surviving on less than that, though hardly no savings.
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by NgoSomto: 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
fabraham: Even Americana wan come back home.Tell am say every where hard oo

My bros I don tell am say life for naija no be joke o. But the guy tell me say I no sabi anything. That it is better for him to stay in Nigeria and hussle than to be in USA and have no peace of mind. I ask am wetin dey pursue am for USA why e no get peace of mind. The guy laugh tell me say "stress" dey pursue am. Though he is not the first Nigerian that has indicated a strong desire to come back home. People like us dey pray say make we go Yankee but Nigerians in Yankee wan come back. Me I no understand again

1 Like

Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by masagoody(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
person no dey get anything free anywhere o, not even in freetown, everywhere hard, na just to hold on o

1 Like

Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by kevoh(m): 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
NgoSomto:

Kevoh, thank you so much for the information. I have called him and read your response to him. He sounded relieved. Now he is making attempts to secure a teaching appointment in one of the private Universities in Abuja so as to be on ground in Nigeria while waiting for NNPC. I also told him to register with nairaland cos he will get answers to most of these questions he asks me. The job pays about 150,000 naira. Wants to know if he can survive. I told him I am surviving on less than that, though hardly no savings.

You are welcome. I am also based in Abuja and earn slightly less than 150000 but I am surviving even with the high rate of accomodation fee and manage to make some savings in my own case. My brother every thing depends on him even if he earns a million per month if he does not plan well whether it's in the US, UK, France or Nigeria the money will never be enough.

Also he can look towards applying for other well paying jobs not only NNPC , we can't put all our eggs in one basket na!
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by NgoSomto: 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
kevoh:

You are welcome. I am also based in Abuja and earn slightly less than 150000 but I am surviving even with the high rate of accomodation fee and manage to make some savings in my own case. My brother every thing depends on him even if he ends a million per month if he does not plan well whether it's in the US, UK, France or Nigeria the money will never be enough.

Also he can look towards applying for other well paying jobs not only NNPC , we can put all our eggs in one basket na!

Kevoh thanks again. Please can u give the names and websites of these other companies in Abuja? For some reason, he wants to be based in Abuja. Your help is quite appreciated.
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by kevoh(m): 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
NgoSomto:

Kevoh thanks again. Please can u give the names and websites of these other companies in Abuja? For some reason, he wants to be based in Abuja. Your help is quite appreciated.
I think a simple search on google will help in this case, he can also search on the nigerian jobs forum available on the internet . Don't know his course of study as for me I'm engineering biased so I'd say NCC,Atlas Copco,NASDRA, NIMASA e.t.c If he has strong connections it will be easier for him to get a job quickly.
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by peterirhivben: 4:48am On Jul 28, 2013
The wait for NNPC has been a long one. Definitely plans are on ground to start calling for aptitude test. While waiting you should be preparing yourself for success. We have NNPC past question from 2006 - 2011. While not order for your copy and start practicing with these questions. Other Aptitude test preparatory materials you will be interested in includes
1. BLUEPRINT MASTER APTITUDE TEST E-BOOK containing 50 chapter on oil and gas company aptitude test, gmat, gre, shl, dragnet, petroleum,mechanical, electrical skill test, mechanical, abstract, spatial,numerical, verbal reasoning e.t.c.
2. Mechanical Engineering skill test
3. Petroleum Engineering skill test
4. Petroleum Processing skill test
5. Electrical Engineering skill test
6. Dragnet question and answer
7. Mechanical reasoning self-learning dvd
8. Abstract reasoning self learning dvd
9. Spatial reasoning self learning dvd
10. PDTF past questions and answer
e.t.c
To get any of this materials call 08122516378 or send e-mail to peterirhivben@gmail.com
your success is our concern.
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by BlessedFellow: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2013
NgoSomto: My friend who lives in the USA applied to NNPC in late December 2012. He has been calling me since last month and told me that someone told him that NNPC has already finished selecting people from that batch. Which means he was not selected. In fact, he said that interviews have already started. He asked me to find out. I do not know anyone in NNPC. Can anyone give me information about the December 2012 NNPC job announcement. This guy calls me everyday cos according to him " he wants to come back home to Nigeria as soon as possible." I feel his pain and why he wants to come back home. He was also asking me if a job that pays 150 000 naira can sustain him in Nigeria for the time being until he finds his feet. Please nairalanders help me with information.

@Ngosomto: I will advise your friend not to place his hope solely on NNPC. If he is called and eventually gets the job that will be great but if not, then let him move on. The best is for him to take his mind of it because NNPC is filled with loads of surprises.

I heard shortlisting of November 2012 applicants is still in the *cooler*. It is possible the delay is tied to the so-called *2nd batch* of 2010 recruitment. FYI, in the last recruitment, application ended around November 2010. Aptitude test was in March 2011 (Over 40,000 candidates). Interview was in July and August 2011 (over 4,000 candidates). *1st batch* called in July 2012 (about 600 candidates or so not too sure). Some candidates invited by NNPC retails for interview in November 2012. NNPC retails called early May 2013, assumed duty 20th May 2013.

He should be prepared for the *murkiest* of all *SCAM*. Those who attended the interview in July/August 2011 got their transport fare reimbursed earlier this year. The unfortunate part is that the process is often bedeviled by myriad of interferences from political bigwigs (I do not want to mention names here) because of their selfish interest to fill in their candidates who do not merit appointment in the corporation.

I wish him well in his endeavours!!!
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by anticent(m): 9:53am On Jul 28, 2013
Tell your friend to go and read the book 'Who moved my cheese'.Same for people still on the wait for NIMC.Great things still happen though but just incase it dosen't come soon,you need to keep moving.
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by Justice4all1: 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
I heard shortlisting of November 2012 applicants is still in the *cooler*. It is possible the delay is tied to the so-called *2nd batch* of 2010 recruitment. Aptitude test was in March 2011 (Over 40,000 candidates). Interview was in July and August 2011 (over 4,000 candidates). *1st batch* called in July 2012 (about 600 candidates or so not too sure).
. Those who attended the interview in July/August 2011 got their transport fare reimbursed earlier this year.
quote: pls how authentic is ur source- i was interwied on the 29/07/11, it will be exactly 2 years by tomorrow but yet i've not been paid my transport allowance, no explaination for the delay, no contact established, no appointment letter sent. Any way ma concern is the job. Fellow NL, what's ur candid advice,
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by BlessedFellow: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2013
Justice-4-all:

I heard shortlisting of November 2012 applicants is still in the *cooler*. It is possible the delay is tied to the so-called *2nd batch* of 2010 recruitment. Aptitude test was in March 2011 (Over 40,000 candidates). Interview was in July and August 2011 (over 4,000 candidates). *1st batch* called in July 2012 (about 600 candidates or so not too sure).
. Those who attended the interview in July/August 2011 got their transport fare reimbursed earlier this year.
quote: pls how authentic is ur source- i was interwied on the 29/07/11, it will be exactly 2 years by tomorrow but yet i've not been paid my transport allowance, no explaination for the delay, no contact established, no appointment letter sent. Any way ma concern is the job. Fellow NL, what's ur candid advice,

Dear Justice-4-all: sorry to hear you did not get a refund for your t-fare. Some persons did not because they had closed the account they filled, others might have filled in wrong account number, some persons who do not fall into the above did not receive for reasons I do not know. Abuja residents did not receive refund, some persons received 10k, others 20k and 30k. I think it is connected to mileage. Your sincerely received 30k.

If you could send me a pm, I would direct you to a thread on the recruitment. I do not want to post it here for obvious reason.

Cheers!
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by Justice4all1: 3:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
BlessedFellow:

Dear Justice-4-all: sorry to hear you did not get a refund for your t-fare. Some persons did not because they had closed the account they filled, others might have filled in wrong account number, some persons who do not fall into the above did not receive for reasons I do not know. Abuja residents did not receive refund, some persons received 10k, others 20k and 30k. I think it is connected to mileage. Your sincerely received 30k.

If you could send me a pm, I would direct you to a thread on the recruitment. I do not want to post it here for obvious reason.

Cheers!
Thanks for ur kind response- BLESSEDFELLOW, it has indeed bordered me enough considering the risk I took travelling from my state Rivers to Abuja for dat interview and yet not reimbursed. My bank then was Oceanic now Ecobank which implies that the account nos. Must change also, but that is enough reason they should contact me using either my Gsm or e-mail which of course they never did till date. I knew alot of people will be trapped by that change. A reputable organization of that magnitude should stop looking for avenue to cut corners. Why not call the people having such mistakes. Pls if there is any way you can be of help to me- this is my e-mail: mosesikpug@ymail.com . Thanks alot
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by BlessedFellow: 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
Justice-4-all:
Thanks for ur kind response- BLESSEDFELLOW, it has indeed bordered me enough considering the risk I took travelling from my state Rivers to Abuja for dat interview and yet not reimbursed. My bank then was Oceanic now Ecobank which implies that the account nos. Must change also, but that is enough reason they should contact me using either my Gsm or e-mail which of course they never did till date. I knew alot of people will be trapped by that change. A reputable organization of that magnitude should stop looking for avenue to cut corners. Why not call the people having such mistakes. Pls if there is any way you can be of help to me- this is my e-mail: mosesikpug@ymail.com . Thanks alot

@Justice-4-all: I have sent the website to your inbox. I know it can be really disheartening considering the risk taken at a time Abuja was under threat by terrorists. It is quite unfortunate the corporation could not get across to a number of guys and confirm their bank details. Apologies I do not know of any channel to rectify that because I know a number of folks who are in same shoes with you.

The allowee came when no one expected. Whatever the case maybe life goes on my brother.

Cheers!
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by Justice4all1: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
BlessedFellow:

@Justice-4-all: I have sent the website to your inbox. I know it can be really disheartening considering the risk taken at a time Abuja was under threat by terrorists. It is quite unfortunate the corporation could not get across to a number of guys and confirm their bank details. Apologies I do not know of any channel to rectify that because I know a number of folks who are in same shoes with you.

The allowee came when no one expected. Whatever the case maybe life goes on my brother.

Cheers!
blessedfellow; thanks i've seen it. I also visited the site and on that trend my hope comes alive. I mean the hope of a 2nd batch beneficiary. I never ever thought of it. I belief God is capable of doing anything, anytime and anyhow. Thanks
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by BlessedFellow: 12:58am On Jul 30, 2013
Justice-4-all:
blessedfellow; thanks i've seen it. I also visited the site and on that trend my hope comes alive. I mean the hope of a 2nd batch beneficiary. I never ever thought of it. I belief God is capable of doing anything, anytime and anyhow. Thanks

Dear Justice-4-all: you are welcome! Do well to visit the thread from time to time.

Cheers!
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by eyems: 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by chapatti: 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
How do know that this job os real? Hope there will be no nepotism in this job recruitment. pressgist.com/nnpc-recruitment-2013-online-apply-at-www-recruitment-nnpcgroup-com/
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
The webpage www.recruit.nnpcgroup.com is never available...does anyone have a way out pls. Heard NNPC is currently accepting applications but the link to apply seems to be an issue. Great minds please any help?
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by BlessedFellow: 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
Orhu: The webpage www.recruit.nnpcgroup.com is never available...does anyone have a way out pls. Heard NNPC is currently accepting applications but the link to apply seems to be an issue. Great minds please any help?

I don't think NNPC is accepting application. Applicants to 2012 recruitment are yet to be called for aptitude test. The current application you heard of is a hoax; charlatans requested that applications should be sent to one Yahoo/Gmail account.

Cheers!
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by chapatti: 8:27am On Sep 19, 2013
I would love to apply. But I have not seen the application form to apply with... www-recruitment-nnpcgroup-com/">http://pressgist.com/nnpc-recruitment-2013-online-apply-at-www-recruitment-nnpcgroup-com/
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by Tekkyboy(m): 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2013
Anyway,lets update ourselves whenever they start the recruitment.PAGE BOOKMARKED
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
that is the best we can do
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by BlessedFellow: 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
Naija n NNPC I hail o!
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by mkoabiola: 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
Nnpc,a corruption tower.
It is d most corrupt gvt parastatal,d final selection is alwys coded.
A frend paid half a million naira to secure a slot from a politician well knwn.though d P.A sold d slot meant for hs oga@d top.
Nnpc corruption to thievies.
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by BlessedFellow: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
mko abiola: Nnpc,a corruption tower.
It is d most corrupt gvt parastatal,d final selection is alwys coded.
A frend paid half a million naira to secure a slot from a politician well knwn.though d P.A sold d slot meant for hs oga@d top.
Nnpc corruption to thievies.

@Mko Abiola: You are so on point! It is also plagued by loads of interferences from political bigwigs. It is quite unfortunate that the nation has nosedived to this state.
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by k4kenny(f): 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ok, let's all relax a bit. I know some people get smuggled into NNPC thru the back door, but some people I attedned the interview with back in '11 secured the job without knocking on doors or payin a kobo. Its all about grace and God's favour. If a job is destined to be yours, no senator's pikin can take it from you.

@OP. Tell your friend to accept the 150k job. That's more than double of what most graduates earn here. Employment is at an all time low. Abeg if u get anything with a 6-figure pay. Abeg grab am o!
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by BlessedFellow: 6:19am On Oct 21, 2013
k4kenny: Ok, let's all relax a bit. I know some people get smuggled into NNPC thru the back door, but some people I attedned the interview with back in '11 secured the job without knocking on doors or payin a kobo. Its all about grace and God's favour. If a job is destined to be yours, no senator's pikin can take it from you.

@OP. Tell your friend to accept the 150k job. That's more than double of what most graduates earn here. Employment is at an all time low. Abeg if u get anything with a 6-figure pay. Abeg grab am o!

@k4kenny: we'll keep relaxing like we have for some time. I know some people get the job without knowing anyone or paying a dime. However, my worry is the delay caused by interference from elitist politicians. Time becomes an issue when an activity that is supposed to last one month begins to linger for over a year.
Re: NNPC 2013 Recruitment: Any info? by eHustler(m): 9:39am On Oct 21, 2013
BlessedFellow:

@k4kenny: we'll keep relaxing like we have for some time. I know some people get the job without knowing anyone or paying a dime. However, my worry is the delay caused by interference from elitist politicians. Time becomes an issue when an activity that is supposed to last one month begins to linger for over a year.

@Blessedfellow, you know the cause of the delay na - the 2nd batch! Our dear 2nd batch will be out soon then we can expect the new recruitment to take off finally. So much fight in the main arena these days cos of frustration. The annointed ones were asked to drop something with them and told them to go that they will hear from them. I think its a matter of time. How is your work na?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Got A Job Through NL - Glory Be To God / How Linkedin Contributes To Career Success In Modern Time / 2019 WAEC Invites Applicants For Aptitude Test.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.