Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,605 members, 7,781,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 05:05 AM

Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. (21967 Views)

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic / Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 7:04am On Jul 24, 2013
California welcomed Igwe Kenneth Onyeneke Orizu III the 17th Obi of Otolo and Igwe of Nnewi kingdom, during his global tour. He is the traditional supreme ruler and spiritual leader in Nnewi. He is a member of the Nnofo Royal lineage and the successor to his father Igwe Josiah Orizu II, his grandfather Igwe Orizu I (Eze Ugbonyamba), and great-grandfather Igwe Iwuchukwu Ezeifekaibeyahe.

Igwe Orizu III is the longest serving monarch in Nigeria and he is currently the 17th monarch in the Nnofo Royal lineage, he promotes and improves the quality of life of his people and the residents of Nnewi.

Unlike most Igbo monarchies, there were kings of Nnewi before the arrival of Europeans. Igwe Kenneth Onyeneke Orizu III has sat on the throne for 50 years and counting. His son the crowned Prince Obi Orizu is responsible for the development of several schools and houses for the widowed.

Long Live Igwe! Long Live Nnewi!Long Live The Federal Republic Of Nigeria!

15 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 7:10am On Jul 24, 2013
With the children of his Kingdom via California.

7 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 7:13am On Jul 24, 2013
The Igwe of Nnewi is breaking the kola nut.As Nd’Igbo would say, ‘He who brings kola brings life’. At such gatherings, only titled men are allowed to bless and break the kola nut.

7 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by deor03(m): 7:16am On Jul 24, 2013
Nice
Congratulations Igwe

5 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 7:24am On Jul 24, 2013
Igweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

@biafraqueen, where in Cali is he visiting? O makwa na umu anaedo juru na Cali? He deserves all the welcome and "gidi gidi" due to him maka na 50 years on the throne aburo obele ife.
Are you from Nnewi?
Dalu ada madu.

10 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Dreal1247: 7:36am On Jul 24, 2013
Igwe anyị, ị ga achị kaa nka. Nnewi abughizi Ana-Edo, kama Ana-Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Dreal1247: 7:42am On Jul 24, 2013
Onlytruth: Igweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
O makwa na umu anaedo juru na Cali? He deserves all the welcome and "gidi gidi" due to him maka na 50 years on the throne aburo obele ife.
Are you from Nnewi?
Dalu ada madu.

O makwa na umu anaedo.
Obughizi Anaedo kama ANAJESUS.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 7:47am On Jul 24, 2013
Onlytruth: Igweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

@biafraqueen, where in Cali is he visiting? O makwa na umu anaedo juru na Cali? He deserves all the welcome and "gidi gidi" due to him maka na 50 years on the throne aburo obele ife.
Are you from Nnewi?
Dalu ada madu.

Yes all Nnewi woman, men and children of Southern California, represented well well for his Highness and Lolo.

My Dear I am from Umudim, Nnewi village original grin. Dalukwa

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Jakumo(m): 7:48am On Jul 24, 2013
Please can we see some shots of the Igwe of Nnewi surfing some big waves at Huntington Beach, in order that we may be convinced that the Igwe was not just California dreaming, but also shredding some face while hanging ten as the big wave breaks to the left.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 7:50am On Jul 24, 2013
Dreal1247:
O makwa na umu anaedo.
Obughizi Anaedo kama ANAJESUS.

Unu abiakwa ozo! grin

Nwanne Nnewi bu Ana Edo biko.
I'm a Christian too, but unlike you I don't like demoting God.

God (Jesus) owns Edo (like he owns all other things on this earth of course), so don't demote Jesus unnecessarily.

It is like saying that Jonathan is the president of Nnewi.

5 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 7:53am On Jul 24, 2013
Jakumo: Please can we see some shots of the Igwe of Nnewi surfing some big waves at Huntington Beach, in order that we may be convinced that the Igwe was not just California dreaming, but also shredding some face while hanging ten as the big wave breaks to the left.

Hehe, Jakumo grin U no go kill me today.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Jakumo(m): 7:55am On Jul 24, 2013
By the way, I wish to tender my marriage proposal to the Igwe's grand-daughter that is standing to the left, with the white top, nice jugs and red cardigan. If my proposal is approved, I want to know where the traditional 20 heads of cattle are to be delivered in Southern California, particularly since my Fulani herdsmen are not very familiar with the SoCal freeway system.

2 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 7:55am On Jul 24, 2013
biafranqueen:

Yes all Nnewi woman, men and children of Southern California, represented well well for his Highness and Lolo.

My Dear I am from Umudim, Nnewi village original grin. Dalukwa

I didn't know I now have a direct anaedo sister on nairaland.
Nne nno. Otolo ka m si. As a matter of fact I am nnofo too. grin cool

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 7:57am On Jul 24, 2013
Onlytruth:

Unu abiakwa ozo! grin

Nwanne Nnewi bu Ana Edo biko.
I'm a Christian too, but unlike you I don't like demoting God.

God (Jesus) owns Edo (like he owns all other things on this earth of course), so don't demote Jesus unnecessarily.

It is like saying that Jonathan is the president of Nnewi.
Dalu biko nu udo chili gaba! cheesy
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 7:59am On Jul 24, 2013
Jakumo: By the way, I wish to tender my marriage proposal to the Igwe's grand-daughter that is standing to the left, with the white top, nice jugs and red cardigan. If my proposal is approved, I want to know where the traditional 20 heads of cattle are to be delivered in Southern California, particularly since my Fulani herdsmen are not very familiar with the SoCal freeway system.

grin grin grin

Jakumo you and I know that any cattle roaming freely along the freeways in Cali can be hunted like any other "game". cool
You might wanna head to the nearest ranch.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 8:02am On Jul 24, 2013
Onlytruth:

I didn't know I now have a direct anaedo sister on nairaland.
Nne nno. Otolo ka m si. As a matter of fact I am nnofo too. grin cool
Nna I am happy we are all from this mighty kingdom Nnewi! Hope you will be present on Ofala day. Long Live Igwe!
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Jakumo(m): 8:02am On Jul 24, 2013
No no, Only Truth, this one na special occasion, and I don phone California Highway Patrol to alert dem say man pikin wan marry enter Igwe family. CHP say dem go phone me back after when don get clearance from dem Oga on Top.

I say preparation don dey complete, as God is my witness. Na only approval to marry I dey await now.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 8:04am On Jul 24, 2013
Jakumo: By the way, I wish to tender my marriage proposal to the Igwe's grand-daughter that is standing to the left, with the white top, nice jugs and red cardigan. If my proposal is approved, I want to know where the traditional 20 heads of cattle are to be delivered in Southern California, particularly since my Fulani herdsmen are not very familiar with the SoCal freeway system.
so you are one of those supporting underage marriage abeg angry
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biggy4joe(m): 8:04am On Jul 24, 2013
Igwe ma akwukwo...chai,my igwe.IGWE U R ON POINT.I rep Otolo

3 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 8:07am On Jul 24, 2013
Jakumo: No no, Only Truth, this one na special occasion, and I don phone California Highway Patrol to alert dem say man pikin wan marry enter Igwe family. CHP say dem go phone me back after when don get clearance from dem Oga on Top.

I say preparation don dey complete, as God is my witness. Na only approval to marry I dey await now.

I saw a long caravan on 101-S just outside of Monterrey heading south yesterday.
So na cows full am? So CHP don begin do "oga on top" too.
I don die.

2 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Jakumo(m): 8:12am On Jul 24, 2013
BiafraQueen, you don finish me o. Eziokwu that girl don dey over 18 years of age. Look am now. See as she dey fine.

I say make you help me beg Igwe for that girl hand in marriage, and you just begin dey accuse me like say I be one of those Aboki governor for Sharialand. I beg, my Queen, please just use ya connection to put me through.

Already I don pass executive order to gather and wash all the dowry cow dem ready, for this evening flight to LAX, so make you no come begin dey pour san-sand for my garri like this.

2 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 8:15am On Jul 24, 2013
biafranqueen:
Nna I am happy we are all from this mighty kingdom Nnewi! Hope you will be present on Ofala day. Long Live Igwe!

I'll try. Was there last year.
Nne crowd was too much. Numbered in hundreds of thousands. Nnewi is huge really.
Honestly, the crowd shocked me. If someone tells me that they numbered in millions I wouldn't put up a strong counter argument.

3 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 8:16am On Jul 24, 2013
Jakumo: BiafraQueen, you don finish me o. Eziokwu that girl don dey over 18 years of age. Look am now. See as she dey fine.

I say make you help me beg Igwe for that girl hand in marriage, and you just begin dey accuse me like say I be one of those Aboki governor for Sharialand. I beg, my Queen, please just use ya connection to put me through.

Already I don pass executive order to gather and wash all the dowry cow dem ready, for this evening flight to LAX, so make you no come begin dey pour san-sand for my garri like this.
grin grin grin grin grin wink
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by OgidiBoy(m): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2013

If you know how much it cost to marry an Nnewi babe you go run. Trust me I don't try and when the got the list for me, I disappear in fact I'm still in hiding.

4 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 8:18am On Jul 24, 2013
Onlytruth:

I'll try. Was there last year.
Nne crowd was too much. Numbered in hundreds of thousands. Nnewi is huge really.
Honestly, the crowd shocked me. If someone tells me that they numbered in millions I wouldn't put up a strong counter argument.
This year we are planning big bashment for the 50th Anniversary don't dull cool
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 8:18am On Jul 24, 2013
Jakumo: BiafraQueen, you don finish me o. Eziokwu that girl don dey over 18 years of age. Look am now. See as she dey fine.

Maybe you dey look am with Sani Ahmed's eye. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Jakumo(m): 8:21am On Jul 24, 2013
OgidiBoy:

If you know how much it cost to marry an Nnewi babe you go run. Trust me I don't try and when the got the list for me, I disappear in fact I'm still in hiding.

So you mean say my post-dated check nogo let dem give me chance to carry the girl run go my village ?

Just give me time to think. Another Plan B go land just now.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 8:22am On Jul 24, 2013
OgidiBoy:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nwanne make una no kill me today biko.
The truth though is that Nnewi basically stopped bride price more than ten years ago.
Now, that doesn't mean you won't put up a decent "igba nkwu", but that's still according to your pocket. No one would deny you a babe because you are poor, unless the babe no gree.

3 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 8:28am On Jul 24, 2013
@Jakumo

The crown price (Obi) is my friend. So calm down. I can ask him for you.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by na2day(m): 8:31am On Jul 24, 2013

cheesy Jakumo!
No dull o!
E be like say Biafraqueen is the damsel in question cheesy
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 8:44am On Jul 24, 2013
biafranqueen: This year we are planning big bashment for the 50th Anniversary don't dull cool

Nne I'll try and come. As a matter of fact that is one of the MAIN reason I visit home.
The last one surpassed all others and I hope this one ga adi egwu. cool

Do you know the Ofomatas, Okongwus, Ofomas, Etiabas? These are family friends you may know from Inyaba (Umudim)?

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 24, 2013
biafranqueen: With the children of his Kingdom via California.

I think I see Ogugua88 somewhere in that Pic. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emmanuel Ikechukwu Umeonyirioha Becomes Oxford's First Igbo Language Lecturer / Pictures From Ofala Festival In Anambra State / Tiv Cultural Group Dazzle At The Lagos Street Carnival (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.