Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Breaking News ! Yemoja Discovered In Ibadan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Breaking News ! Yemoja Discovered In Ibadan (4429 Views)

Photos: World Oldest Person Discovered In Nigeria? / Breaking News: Ritualist Den Discovered In Enugu Via Www.firstladynaija.com / Bizzare Rare joystick Snake Discovered In Brazil(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Breaking News ! Yemoja Discovered In Ibadan by aderonkebams(f): 8:57am On Jul 24, 2013
I heard about this story this morning, if you have more update on it, feel free to share it . A woman selling fish in an area called Popo in Ibadan was said to have found out that one of the fishes she's selling is a yemoja. She was about to roast the frozen fish when the fish started breathing and hair started coming out from the fish. Meanwhile, the woman claimed that when she was small, a prophesy came out that she'll see a strange creature when she grows up and when this happens she should not scream or alert anyone, that this would mark the beginning of her wealth, unfortunately for her, she couldn't contain her surprise when she discovered this creature, she screamed on top of her voice and alerted everyone that was around.

When people gathered around, Her Junior brother took the fish away and the woman has been arrested by the police. I wasn't there, but people that were there gisted, if you know more about this incident or you probably witnessed it, gist us more. Thanks.

Here is how Metro Naija and Vanguardngr have reported it. And incase you don't believe this story, I have attached a picture of the fish, find it below
Hundreds of residents of Ibadan, Tuesday, rushed out to catch a glimpse of a strange fish which was said to have human parts at Asaka compound area of the city.

The incident happened at Ile Akindele when afish seller noticed the strange creature after removing the wrap of a frozen fish.

Ramota, who was said to be the fish seller reportedly, raised alarm to attract others to the strange sight.
She said, “I went to where we usually buy fishat Kola Eleja, Oke Ado, Ibadan. After I finished, I boarded Okada to my place to prepare the fish for sale.

Before getting the fish out of the ice-pack, weneeded to use knife to remove them and use water to de-freeze. I was shocked to see the frozen fish developed into a living being in the water, the description of which showed half human and half fish. I quickly called my father and some Alfas to see the strange fish”.

The father of the woman, a retired civil servant, Pa Rauf Salawu who corroborated thestory said he had never seen such a thing before.
He narrated his own side of the story saying, “it was around 11am, when I started hearing the voice of my daughter while I was resting on my bed. She was shouting and screaming to the extent that people in the compound were attracted.

Then, I decided to check what was the problem. I took along my Quran and on getting there, my daughter had gone to call another Muslim leader in the neighbourhood.
I saw the strange fish inside water in the bucket . It was strange, how can a fish bought in the cold room develop into human.That I cannot fully explain.”

Due to the crowd, police men from Mapo police station were there to control the crowd.
The fish seller was then taken into the custody of the police. Several calls made to the police were not picked.

Re: Breaking News ! Yemoja Discovered In Ibadan by amiskurie(m): 8:59am On Jul 24, 2013
u na dey sick?....I said Ineed pishos n vidos!
Re: Breaking News ! Yemoja Discovered In Ibadan by spenca: 10:35am On Jul 24, 2013
So why dd the police now arrest the lady ? Btw she wee now die in poverty sad

(1)

Unilag With Transcript And Statement Of Result. / Evolution Of A Medical Student Handwriting / Nigeria Firm Set To Launch The Biggest Social Business Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.