Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. (20363 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Move Her Things Over & Start Living With Me / ADVICE: My Girlfriend Wants Me To Change My Church / My Girlfriend Wants Me To Break Her Virginity: What I'm Going To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Symphony007: 10:05am On Jul 24, 2013
Hey guys. My girlfriend and i have been dating for a while and we are in the university.

She is a genius, i'm not dull but slightly lazy and rhusty in some courses.

Since we started dating. She took it upon herself to tutor me.

Forced me to go to night classes and read, supervise all my assignments. And surprisingly i improved greatly and i sat for NLNG and SHELL scholarship.

At the end shockingly. My name came out and today i am getting 300 thousand from LNG per session and 200,000 from shell. So plus the money i get from my parents.

My account is chilling but now my girlfriend is asking me to share all my financial data with her, from ATM pins to account details and investments.

It's really bothering me cause i don't think it's right but yet i don't want to seem ungrateful. My friends have told me not to try it.

Now i am not stingy, i buy her gifts and take her on expensive dinners. But why does she want those details and do you think i should trust her and give her?

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by ajasbaba(m): 10:24am On Jul 24, 2013
guy dont try it oh.dont let her to also teach you how to spend your money.

15 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by 190: 10:30am On Jul 24, 2013
Nigerian girls nor de carry last wen it comes to financial embroideries

OP better just buy her ice cream off Mr Biggs atleast thats compensation for all her selfless years

abi all the -s-e-x- shes been getting from u all these yrs - she go fit pay for am

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 24, 2013
guy, dnt try it. its nt going to work out well for both of u if u do. tell her if she loves u she should nt force u to give her those details dat all she needs to do is trust u dat wit tym u would give her d details but dat she should nt force u into it, afta dat she may cool down and wait for u but still do not give her d details.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by sakaguchi(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2013
Symphony007: Hey guys. My girlfriend and i have been dating for a while and we are in the university. She is a genius, i'm not dull but slightly lazy and rhusty in some courses. Since we started dating. She took it upon herself to tutor me. Force me to go to night classes and read, supervise all my assignments. And surprisinly i improved greatly and i sat for NLNG and SHELL scholarship, at the end shockingly. My name came out and today i am getting 300 thousand from LNG per session and 200,000 from shell. So plus the money i get from my parents. My account is chilling but now my girlfriend is asking me to share all my financial data with her, from ATM pins to account details and investments. It's really bothering me cause i don't think it's right but yet i don't want to seem ungratefull...my friends have told me not to try it. Now i am not stingy, i buy her gifts and take her on expensive dinners. But why does she want those details and do you think i should trust her and give her?
Really? Which school are you in? One of my guy's babe who is in another school told him her mugu don get scholarship allowee and she will be boxing him soon.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2013
Run for your life!!

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 24, 2013
She wants some cash as regular allowance? Yes.
She wants your atm pin and all of those? No!
Just in case you did not understand... Its the N and the O= NO.
Dont be a dumb guy!

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by redcliff: 11:15am On Jul 24, 2013
[size=14pt]lol. bro give it to her now. so that when she finishes the money then she would teach you again and you can write another scholarship exam and pass. No biggie na abi? Shaking my head in despair*[/size]

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Symphony007: 11:20am On Jul 24, 2013
One of the reason she gave for wanting the details is that she wants to monitor how i spend the money and advice me on how to invest the money for future purposes. Because after graduation. Jobs won't be waiting with open arms so i need some money to hold on to. It sounds sensible and caring but i'm still skeptical.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by freecocoa(f): 11:26am On Jul 24, 2013
OP normally I'd say don't try that at all but then given your story and how much she has helped put you on the right track, sounds like she is a good girl with a good head on her shoulder so I say...

Are you sure she's not asking for all that cos you are a reckless spender?

She's your girl and you should know the kind of person she is, if she's not the kind of girl who cares so much about your welfare(which isn't what your story indicates)then run very far from her but if she is, then look for a way to reach a compromise. Its very important that you understand why she asked for all that before concluding.

43 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by freecocoa(f): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2013
Symphony007: One of the reason she gave for wanting the details is that she wants to monitor how i spend the money and advice me on how to invest the money for future purposes. Because after graduation. Jobs won't be waiting with open arms so i need some money to hold on to. It sounds sensible and caring but i'm still skeptical.
I didn't even see this post before giving my advice so you see, I had a feeling this is what her reason could be.

I felt like that cos its something I would do but only if I'm sure the man I'm with isn't good with spending money.

OP I understand your skepticism cos tbh it takes a whole lot to trust someone with all you have but then, you should be able to make this decision based on how far you've come with this girl, is she the type who would stay with you through thick and thin? Has money always been an issue with you two? Does she have some money of her own and doesn't expect you to shoulder all her responsibilities? Is she materialistic? Am I handling money the right way? Do I give her a reason to feel I'm not my best when it comes to money issues?

Questions like the above are what you should ask yourself before reaching a conclusion.

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Arosa(m): 11:44am On Jul 24, 2013
Op, this girl is a jewel in your life, give her what she ask for and you will be blessed the more.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 24, 2013
Story
Symphony007: One of the reason she gave for wanting the details is that she wants to monitor how i spend the money and advice me on how to invest the money for future purposes. Because after graduation. Jobs won't be waiting with open arms so i need some money to hold on to. It sounds sensible and caring but i'm still skeptical.
she is going to monitor you by collecting your atm pin. Smh!
Arosa: Op, this girl is a jewel in your life, give her what she ask for and you will be blessed the more.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Symphony007: 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
idnoble135: Story
exactly...what a delima.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
I think freecocoa has a point.
It depends on how far you guy's relationship has gone and the kind of lady she is.
If deep down in you, you don't trust her enough, bros, no try am, abeg of you but if you would trust her with your life, then, she probably might help put the money to better use. Read freecocoa's posts again and digest it, that is all you need on this thread.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Allwility: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2013
First, congratulations on your scholarship. While your girlfriend's request might not be appropriate, on second thought I think you should oblige her request but you must take out time to study her and see if she's worth sharing such vital info with.
Caveat: She's still a girl friend not your wife.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
hmmm....
Personally i don't believe in sharing financial details except of course when married, which in my opinion is not necessary but a matter of personal choice.
I really don't think you should. My reason is this: you are really not married to this lady, you are still in school and mind you not all relationships during school days, last afterwards. So how about if you give her everything, then she betrays you at the end? Or becomes a pain in the butt? Or how about you suddenly don't like her anymore and you want to leave, how easy do you think you would be able to do so?

Well if you still even want to reveal anything. Test her a little. The outcome, will actually help you make up your mind.
Also, if you do decide to reveal everything, also make sure you have all her financial details as well, don't let it be a one-sided thing.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by olumaxi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
U neva cried to us when she was forcin u to attend lectures n read your books..now that it has come to money matters,u no fit hold am but tel us ur story..GUY,e get as e be for u o.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
Symphony007: Hey guys. My girlfriend and i have been dating for a while and we are in the university. She is a genius, i'm not dull but slightly lazy and rhusty in some courses. Since we started dating. She took it upon herself to tutor me. Force me to go to night classes and read, supervise all my assignments. And surprisinly i improved greatly and i sat for NLNG and SHELL scholarship, at the end shockingly. My name came out and today i am getting 300 thousand from LNG per session and 200,000 from shell. So plus the money i get from my parents. My account is chilling but now my girlfriend is asking me to share all my financial data with her, from ATM pins to account details and investments. It's really bothering me cause i don't think it's right but yet i don't want to seem ungratefull...my friends have told me not to try it. Now i am not stingy, i buy her gifts and take her on expensive dinners. But why does she want those details and do you think i should trust her and give her?
she is ur god, do it or she will bring u down!

Well, that was a joke...the girl is an id!ot!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Symphony007: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
Allwility: First, congratulations on your scholarship. While your girlfriend's request might not be appropriate, on second thought I think you should oblige her request but you must take out time to study her and see if she's worth sharing such vital info with.
Caveat: She's still a girl friend not your wife.
thanks for your congratulations...how thoughfull of you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by 50calibre(m): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Why should you give her any money, was that part of the agreement?

@OP look this world is a very tough place, survival of fittest, learn to back-stab anyone, don't be afraid to hurt anyone's feelings as far as you get what you want, the end justifies the means.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Arosa(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
50calibre: Why should you give her any money, was that part of the agreement?

@OP look this world is a very tough place, survival of fittest, learn to back-stab anyone, don't be afraid to hurt anyone's feelings as far as you get what you want, the end justifies the means.

grin grin grin, nice reverse psychology. But I know that was not your intention.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Symphony007: 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
50calibre: Why should you give her any money, was that part of the agreement?

now when is involved my dear.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
Are you not a man? So at your age you are not yet able to spend your money wisely huh? Now a Nigerian girl is doing it for you. Probably if you succeed in marrying her, she would be telling you how to spend your money and what to spend them on. I smh@u
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Arosa(m): 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Are you not a man? So at your age you are not yet able to spend your money wisely huh? Now a Nigerian girl is doing it for you. Probably if you succeed in marrying her, she would be telling you how to spend your money and what to spend them on. I smh@u

In your mind you are smarter than all women right?

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
alutacontinua: I think freecocoa has a point.
It depends on how far you guy's relationship has gone and the kind of lady she is.
If deep down in you, you don't trust her enough, bros, no try am, abeg of you but if you would trust her with your life, then, she probably might help put the money to better use. Read freecocoa's posts again and digest it, that is all you need on this thread.

My own advice nkor?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Arosa:

In your mind you are smarter than all women right?
So that was all you could understand from that comment? You are wasted!

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Arosa(m): 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
maxwello.yg:

So that was all you could understand from that comment? You are wasted!

You are a deluded man.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by 25omega(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
poster

you probably were bragging to the world about how much you got just like you wrote it on here with no one asking. If your GF is all about money, now she knows what you have. You better grow some balls and tell her no. she helped you yes but what ever happened to people doing things for others because they actually care about you

if she is such a genius, how come she didn't apply or win the scholarships? And if you are as smart as you say, you will save most of that money even if your account is chilling as you say because who knows how long it will take you to get a job when you graduate (praying you get a job fast)

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Symphony007: 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
maxwello.yg:

i am a very frugal person. Some girl i dated broke up with me because they claim i'm a "cheapskate" that is why i said i am skepticall when she says he wants to help me manage my money.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Symphony007: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
25omega: poster

you probably were bragging to the world about how much you got just like you wrote it on here with no one asking. If your GF is all about money, now she knows what you have. You better grow some balls and tell her no. she helped you yes but what ever happened to people doing things for others because they actually care about you

if she is such a genius, how come she didn't apply or win the scholarships? And if you are as smart as you say, you will save most of that money even if your account is chilling as you say because who knows how long it will take you to get a job when you graduate (praying you get a job fast)
the scholarship was exclusive for natives of NLNG and shell host communities. And she not from any. I am.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants Access To My Scholarship Money. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
You've been an obedient puppy from get go. Are you refusing to obey this time around because money is involved? You smelt money and suddenly remembered you have balls?

You allowed her run your life happily. You have never complained about her nor the sacrifices she has done and undergone for you. How many girls will teach and encourage a boy these days? Stand by him and make sure he takes his books seriously? Nudge him to apply for an exam, and coach him to success? Those are the qualities of a wife. It's a pity and a shame that you have chosen to look at the financial aspect alone.

A person who is grateful will share that money into 2 and give her half, just to show appreciation. Count how many blessings that have come to you because she was there. Now she is bad because money is coming your way.

Shame on you my brother, shame on you.

Some people do not know what they have, until it's taken away from them. In few years to come, you'll be looking for a "wife material".

How many present day wives have the interests of their husbands at heart like this girl does?

Smh.

66 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Right Way To Compliment A Girl That Will Make Her Smile / Some Likely Reasons Why Some Girls Are Still Single / Bouncer Throws Man Away For Dancing With His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.