Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam (22965 Views)

Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others / Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn / My Daughter Not The Only One Held Hostage At Etsu Nupes Palace- Pastor Uzoechina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Tolexander: 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
babyosisi:

Chai
Imagine an Igbo girl is now being mounted by the paramount ruler
She is obviously hypnotized
No Igbo girl will abandon school to become the plaything of an old man
Nupe man for that matter
Abomination
forget!

Nupe toto dey sweet o!
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Msgamble: 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
@rigormortis,na true talk u yan my bro.,don't mind @abh 'fastest growing religion' since when? U're yet to update urself..growing in the world? NO buh in middle east cos their procreation rate(in poverty) is high,islam is nt spreading or growing beyond middle east get ur fact right..even there are lot of growing iranian(formely shia) pastors in athens,cannada,US(read 'new identity for refugees in greece'on aljazeera.com-feature today)..Keep urself updated with aljazeera,bbc site n documentary..ignorance is a problem
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by tpia5: 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
Funny how just the other day i was thinking how a certain loudmouth nler would probably be shouting the kind of things she spouts here, while being " handled " by a muslim guy.

All na wash, pretence etc.

Pardon my language.

she go just dey shout ama akpan for under mallam when things get funky as she reaches cloud nine.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by mbwama(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
CAN chairman of niger state is suppose to take up d case even to court
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2013
Skmoda-360:

Sh arrap 4 der ...whch kind fastest growing religion, religion that preaches violent and not peace.

true that religion grows but not by truth but by sword, deception, Jaiz bank , multiple wives - multiple children and ability to coerce the ignorant and unlearned.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
Skmoda-360:
do you have thinking faculty at all?
Since u are the one with the brain,can u kindly tell me what was wrong with my statement?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
PECO4KING:

If your religion is a good one, u will not say such sentence. Follow the words of God u read not by judging people bcs some are bad u conclude everyone is bad. in short there is different btw human behavior and religion. U may see some good muslim and u see bad Christian. At time u see bad muslim while u see good Christian. Islam is a religion of peace for those who really know it and understand it. Please apply knowledge as a true believe when u talk on social network.

you said we should apply knowledge when we talk, good and fine. Is it not bad if your own daughter you have passionately took care of and trained for many years will be withheld from you on the excuse of conversion? according to knowledge your children is your children and nobody else is to rob u of your rights. of all the almajiris the etsu couldn't see anyone to cater for except this fine girl. they are just using religion to cover face. what the 419 people are using to hypnotize is what was used on the girl. somebody can cut off another person head and remain innocent as long as he do it for Allah.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
All those your accusations are flimsy.The girl accepted islam and can't go back home because she's scared of her parents,you wan sabi her parents reach am?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by tpia5: 5:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
the father should leave her abeg.

he should just keep tabs on her welfare from time to time, if possible. If not, then leave her in the hands of God.

she says she's enjoying her new abode, so let her settle in.

hope he has other kids? If not, he can adopt, surely.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
wahabian: All those your accusations are flimsy.The girl accepted islam and can't go back home because she's scared of her parents,you wan sabi her parents reach am?

you won sabi the daughter pass the father?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
tpia@:
the father should leave her abeg.

he should just keep tabs on her welfare from time to time, if possible. If not, then leave her in the hands of God.

she says she's enjoying her new abode, so let her settle in.

hope he has other kids? If not, he can adopt, surely.

had it been the daughter patience Jonathon, the etsu would be doing the remaining evangelism at kirikiri maximum prison
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by OMEGAJAY(m): 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
We all should have second thought over this issue
the emir force the lady to his palace? it longer
throat that kills her she should talk to the public
what is reason of conversion, who introduce to the
emir, this are ladies that are following big big
alhaji in the campus, ever since I been in school
I had never seen alhaji coming for hot alhajas is
only our Christian sisters that fall victims of alhajis
and parent see what their children use whenever they come back
from school and yet no query.
so charity Aisha is the cause of what happen to her
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by tpia5: 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
I had never seen alhaji coming for hot alhajas is only our Christian sisters that fall victims of alhajis

hmmmmm

and parent see what their children use whenever they come back from school and yet no query.

hmmmmm
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by CoenzymeA: 1:34am On Jul 27, 2013
aurenflani:

Your brain is archaic man.
Your brain is archaic man.[/quote]I earlier made a comment that the lady is operating under a spell and this Oga above called my brain archaic.Like I said before, I lived in Bida for 4years and just left a couple of months ago. To buttress my point, I got a friend to snap these picture for me.For those of you who know Bida very well, The picture of these trees were taken along the road behind Bida Town Hall, beside Government College. uhmm, May God save the people whose names were mentioned on those charms nailed on those trees.I don't care what religion any body chooses to practice so long as you willingly accepted it with your senses intact. If this had happened in another city or town, I wouldn't have bothered, but in Bida, it is a classical case of "Otumopo". Ladies just beware!! I have said my own.

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by CoenzymeA: 1:34am On Jul 27, 2013
More pictures

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by CoenzymeA: 1:35am On Jul 27, 2013
Another

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 27, 2013
This is what the lady said:

Weekly Trust: What is your name?
Aisha Uzoechina: I was formerly known as Charity Uzoechina and now A’isha Uzoechina.

Why the change of name?
I changed my name because I have accepted Islam.

What brought you to Bida?
I came to Bida in 2012 to read Public Administration at the Federal Polytechnic, Bida.

Are you still a student of Federal Polytechnic Bida?
No, I am not. I have withdrawn from the school.

Did you go back home?
No, I did not go home. At the beginning I was planning to go back home, because I wanted to tell my father that I have converted to Islam. When I converted, I was afraid to tell my parents, because of the way my father would behave. I know he will not take it lightly with me. So, for that I refused to go back home.

Did anybody force or enticed you to join Islam?

I joined Islam on my own. Nobody enticed me with anything to join Islam.

What informed your decision to join Islam?
I converted to Islam because I love the character of Muslims, particularly the way they behave. You know Muslims believe in God. I have Muslim friends and I watch what they do, that enticed me to join Islam. I used to read Qur’an when I was a Christian. I always join them to read Qur’an and through that I found out that it is the same one God they worship. So I embraced Islam.

How did your father come to know about your change of faith?
When I ran to the palace, I told you, it was very difficult before I could see the Emir. When I saw him, the emir refused to accept me, because my father did not know about it. He, therefore, collected my father’s number from me and called him. The following day my father came and said he wanted to see me. When we met we talked one on one.

What did you tell him?
Well the emir told him that I have converted to Islam. When my father talked to me, he said let’s go home, but I refused. I told him that I will not change my faith, because I have already accepted Islam and this is where I want to stay. He, therefore, threatened me so much so that I became scared of him.

What did he do to you amounting to a threat?
In the first place you know, I put on Hijab (veil), he said I should remove the Hijab. He was angry and used some harsh words on me, directing that I should remove the Hijab, but I refused. He threatened to take me to a village where nobody will set his eyes on me. So I became scared of him, therefore I refused to follow him. That is it.

Did the emir intervene?
The emir gave him one week to come back, but he came back even before it reached one week. He said he must take me home. He will not take me to our house, but he’ll take me to somewhere that nobody will set his eyes on me. I quickly ran back to the emir and to the Shari’a Court for protection. I don’t want to go back to my father, because he is threatening me.

How did you come to know about the Shari’a Court?
I found out from people. I went to them on my own to formally lodge my complaint.

Why Shari’a Court?
They have to protect me. You know when you take a case to court over life threatening issue, the court must protect you. That is it.

Did your father come back after you refused to follow him?
He came back. He kept on coming back. The other time he even threatened to bring some people to kidnap me.

Is it true that at a time your father came with the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) officials to you?
Yes.

Is it true that you also went to the Jama’atul Nasril Islam (JNI)?
Yes.

Why did you go to JNI?
I told you and I’ll still repeat it, though I don’t want to repeat my words again. I want them to intervene on my behalf, the threat is too much. Now I can’t go anywhere, I cannot even continue with my schooling. I cannot do anything because of the way he has been threatening me. He is still bringing people up till now to keep watch on me.

How do you know that your father has assigned people to keep watch on you?
There was a time that I wanted to go out, information came to me that my father was around and I had to stay back since I don’t want him to take me away. I know that if I gout anytime,I he’ll pick me up.

How did you come to know about JNI?
I have been reading about them. That is why I went to them.

How did you present your case to JNI?
I wrote to them seeking for their intervention, because I do not know how to go about convincing my father. I also learnt that the emir wanted to hand me over to my father, because the burden of my case is becoming too much for him to bear.

If your father should promise to allow you to practice your new faith, will you go with him?
I’ll not. In a family that you are the only Muslim, how can you practice in that house? You know when he (my father) came along with my mother the other time, his actions and the harsh words he used, even if I go back home, my life will not be secured in his hand. That is why I said I’ll not go.

Did you start learning anything about Islam?
Yes, I started learning how to perform ablution. I have learnt how to recite Surah Al-Fatihah, I am now in my second surah.

Do you pray five times a day?
Yes I do. I am even fasting now. I have been fasting since the beginning of the month of Ramadan.
What is your massage to people wanting to join Islam?

I have only one massage. Islam is good. Muslims are truthful, everything they say, they believe in God and they carry people along. Once a person converted to Islam, he’ll be carried along until he is strong to stand on his own.

What is your appeal to your parent?
I am appealing to my parents not to be angry with me. My conversion to Islam will not separate us. I still love them, even though I am here. They can come and visit me and I can also visit them. They shouldn’t think my new faith will take away the love I have for them. It will not. I am very sorry.

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/13449-nobody-forced-me-to-accept-islam-convert-insists

Case closed
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by foleyx: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2013
its sad that we live in a crazy country where no matter how idiotic some peoples actions r they will always hav sick supporters as long as d idiot adds a religious angle to his depravity. first its yerima and his adolescent wife now an emir is now so caring 4 d new converts(especially young beautiful ladies) that she must practice her new found religion in the royal bedroom and some sick people do not see anything wrong with this. what is wrong wit u people
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
abubello: This is what the lady said:

Weekly Trust: What is your name?
Aisha Uzoechina: I was formerly known as Charity Uzoechina and now A’isha Uzoechina.

Why the change of name?
I changed my name because I have accepted Islam.

What brought you to Bida?
I came to Bida in 2012 to read Public Administration at the Federal Polytechnic, Bida.

Are you still a student of Federal Polytechnic Bida?
No, I am not. I have withdrawn from the school.

Did you go back home?
No, I did not go home. At the beginning I was planning to go back home, because I wanted to tell my father that I have converted to Islam. When I converted, I was afraid to tell my parents, because of the way my father would behave. I know he will not take it lightly with me. So, for that I refused to go back home.

Did anybody force or enticed you to join Islam?

I joined Islam on my own. Nobody enticed me with anything to join Islam.

What informed your decision to join Islam?
I converted to Islam because I love the character of Muslims, particularly the way they behave. You know Muslims believe in God. I have Muslim friends and I watch what they do, that enticed me to join Islam. I used to read Qur’an when I was a Christian. I always join them to read Qur’an and through that I found out that it is the same one God they worship. So I embraced Islam.

How did your father come to know about your change of faith?
When I ran to the palace, I told you, it was very difficult before I could see the Emir. When I saw him, the emir refused to accept me, because my father did not know about it. He, therefore, collected my father’s number from me and called him. The following day my father came and said he wanted to see me. When we met we talked one on one.

What did you tell him?
Well the emir told him that I have converted to Islam. When my father talked to me, he said let’s go home, but I refused. I told him that I will not change my faith, because I have already accepted Islam and this is where I want to stay. He, therefore, threatened me so much so that I became scared of him.

What did he do to you amounting to a threat?
In the first place you know, I put on Hijab (veil), he said I should remove the Hijab. He was angry and used some harsh words on me, directing that I should remove the Hijab, but I refused. He threatened to take me to a village where nobody will set his eyes on me. So I became scared of him, therefore I refused to follow him. That is it.

Did the emir intervene?
The emir gave him one week to come back, but he came back even before it reached one week. He said he must take me home. He will not take me to our house, but he’ll take me to somewhere that nobody will set his eyes on me. I quickly ran back to the emir and to the Shari’a Court for protection. I don’t want to go back to my father, because he is threatening me.

How did you come to know about the Shari’a Court?
I found out from people. I went to them on my own to formally lodge my complaint.

Why Shari’a Court?
They have to protect me. You know when you take a case to court over life threatening issue, the court must protect you. That is it.

Did your father come back after you refused to follow him?
He came back. He kept on coming back. The other time he even threatened to bring some people to kidnap me.

Is it true that at a time your father came with the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) officials to you?
Yes.

Is it true that you also went to the Jama’atul Nasril Islam (JNI)?
Yes.

Why did you go to JNI?
I told you and I’ll still repeat it, though I don’t want to repeat my words again. I want them to intervene on my behalf, the threat is too much. Now I can’t go anywhere, I cannot even continue with my schooling. I cannot do anything because of the way he has been threatening me. He is still bringing people up till now to keep watch on me.

How do you know that your father has assigned people to keep watch on you?
There was a time that I wanted to go out, information came to me that my father was around and I had to stay back since I don’t want him to take me away. I know that if I gout anytime,I he’ll pick me up.

How did you come to know about JNI?
I have been reading about them. That is why I went to them.

How did you present your case to JNI?
I wrote to them seeking for their intervention, because I do not know how to go about convincing my father. I also learnt that the emir wanted to hand me over to my father, because the burden of my case is becoming too much for him to bear.

If your father should promise to allow you to practice your new faith, will you go with him?
I’ll not. In a family that you are the only Muslim, how can you practice in that house? You know when he (my father) came along with my mother the other time, his actions and the harsh words he used, even if I go back home, my life will not be secured in his hand. That is why I said I’ll not go.

Did you start learning anything about Islam?
Yes, I started learning how to perform ablution. I have learnt how to recite Surah Al-Fatihah, I am now in my second surah.

Do you pray five times a day?
Yes I do. I am even fasting now. I have been fasting since the beginning of the month of Ramadan.
What is your massage to people wanting to join Islam?

I have only one massage. Islam is good. Muslims are truthful, everything they say, they believe in God and they carry people along. Once a person converted to Islam, he’ll be carried along until he is strong to stand on his own.

What is your appeal to your parent?
I am appealing to my parents not to be angry with me. My conversion to Islam will not separate us. I still love them, even though I am here. They can come and visit me and I can also visit them. They shouldn’t think my new faith will take away the love I have for them. It will not. I am very sorry.

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/13449-nobody-forced-me-to-accept-islam-convert-insists

Case closed

it is not a hard thing to believe. I remember Judas Iscariot deserting Jesus to the enemy's camp when he was enticed with thithy pieces of silver just like the girl was enticed to convert to islam. something is always involved to entice ( not conviction). to cross over. there is one deeper life worker that converted to guru maharaji in the early 90's. she is even more confused saying its the same God. when one said this is my beloved son in whom I am well please. while the other said Allah bear no son and nobody bears him. while one said you must believed Christ as the son of God and believe that He died for u to be saved. the other said if you believe that he has son you are an infidel and do not believe that Jesus died because it is judas that was crucified. It is not a new thing that Adam and Eve disbelieve God and believe Satan and so ate the fruit. Of what profit shall it be to a man who gain the whole world and loose his own soul?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by AnanseK(m): 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
foleyx: its sad that we live in a crazy country where no matter how idiotic some peoples actions r they will always hav sick supporters as long as d idiot adds a religious angle to his depravity. first its yerima and his adolescent wife now an emir is now so caring 4 d new converts(especially young beautiful ladies) that she must practice her new found religion in the royal bedroom and some sick people do not see anything wrong with this. what is wrong wit u people

I think you are among the very sick . It is clear from this interview the young lady has made up her mind to convert to Islam and she did. Her main problem now is her security as she has threats from her very intolerant father who could be violent.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by MightySparrow: 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
This is funny. If a person converts to another religion he/ she should not be allowed access to his family? This Same Etsu Nips again, who declined to say anything about the boko haram blasts in his domain and threatened that shiek with 84 wives until the shiek sought redress in normal court. This northern lawlessness sha. Let him kidnap a daughter of a military officer and see pepper.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by cjrane: 6:03am On Jul 28, 2013
careytommy: What is so difficult for the esu of nupe to release a 24 yr old who they claim converted on her volition.

Because the poor girl is being held captive against her will. There are many Igbo Muslims living peacefully in Igboland, if this girl have accepted to voluntarily convert to Islam, she should have every right to practice freely in any mosque in Nigeria.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by anataala: 7:43am On Jul 28, 2013
The good thing is, no court have the right to hand over the young Muslim lady to any one against her wish. Her father should take it easy,with her if @ all all he loves his daughter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

After Eliminating 40,000 Ghost Workers We Saved N8billion Monthly – presidency / Southern Leaders Meet In Lagos Over National Unity / Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Need Our Salaries, Not Xmas Clothes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.