Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Remember Me - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Remember Me (24462 Views)

Remember Me / REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. / Poem : Remember Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Me by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 10:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Wesslier: Nope am Igbo, lived all ma lyf in Warri but sch in Unical...
Oga is dat d update u promised?? Do u want me 2 die of thirst?? Abeg do sumtin jor
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: .
Oga is dat d update u promised?? Do u want me 2 die of thirst?? Abeg do sumtin jor

Am so sowi am workin tinz out based on advice u get? e nor go pass 2day sha.
Re: Remember Me by Enedane(f): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
can i ask what dept and level?
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
Enedane:
can i ask what dept and level?
Yeah u can.

Department of Sociology, Final year.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
Doris sat behind the wheel of the small car. Her assistant a dark lady with a figure which could easily pass her for a model sat next to her as they drove to the court.

It was wednesday morning and it was apparently the first hearing of Patrick's case and she had planned to put up her best. It was high time she made a difference in her records and her proved her point with just a successful case. As she drove along the major street, she drew a mental image of the case. Despite the poor information she had, she felt prepared.

The court was located few metres away from the Government Residential Area. The compound was large and the parking lot was filled with gravel which rattled as cars rolled over them.

Doris stepped out of the car. She looked at the large image which was blind folded holding a sword and a scale and took a deep breath.

The court compound was exceptional tidy and quiet. A quietness which made her tension to heighten. As she walked with her assistant into the court room, she noticed that some people where already seated and speaking in low tunes. The interior of the court room wasn't really impressive. Most of the wood works were old. Some of the windows were not in place and Doris wondered how much it would cost to fix them.

"I hate this place." she said softly.

The case wasn't involving many people so there certainly will be another case today she thought. She doubted if the tension steaming within her wouldn't find a way to erupt if Patrick's case doesn't come first.

She took her file from her assistant and made her way towards the front of the room. She arranged her wig on her head as she struggled to maintain her balance on the high heels on her foot. She sat down and arranged the file she had collected from Anita her assistant. Few minutes after wards the blaring sound of siren entering the compound jolted her back to reality. She slowly closed the file . Then it occurred to her that she hadn't seen Patrick's siblings since she walked in and she hadn't remembered to call them.
She brought out her phone and scrolled down to "Benson." She needed them to be present. She was some how attached to them and believe seeing them around would boost her performance. She was about to dial the number when the entire room became dead silent. She knew what had happened and quickly terminated the call.

She stood up with the others as the judge walked in. She half turned to see if she could catch a glimpse of them some where but the faces she saw looked like nothing close to theirs.

Once again she felt alone....
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Jake plugged his ear piece cord into his phone and fixed the speaker to his ear. As he walked out of the compound he kept skipping the songs until he got to the music he wanted.

Since Morris travelled his boredom had escalated. He stopped a bike and described his destination to the scraggy looking cyclist.

"How much?" he asked feeling his the back pocket of his jean to make sure his wallet was intact.

"Give me hundred naira" the cyclist said with a deep accent of the locals.

" It eighty bucks" Jake bargained. The cyclist accepted the offer and they zoomed off.

Anabel had hurriedly arranged the house. Had mother had gone to her shop and Jake's company was definitely a splendid idea. She sat on the old couch in the the living room. The television was on but her attention was on the book she was reading. She looked at the small chain wrist watch her mother had given her as a present for her birthday. The time was "11:16" Jake was supposed to there by 10:30. Perhaps he wasn't coming anymore she thought. She shifted her gaze back to the book.

"Even if he chose not to come it doesn't matter." she lied to herself, she just did not want her hopes cascading down and making her feel disappointed.

The soft knock on the door tossed her back from the book. She looked towards the door as if her eyes could penetrate through the curtain.

"Who is there?" she finally asked as she walked towards the door. Jake was about to knock again when her voice stopped him. He clenched his fist and held it close to his chest.

"I'm sorry for being late" Jake said chivalrously to Anabel who had a fake frown.

"I thought you won't even come again" Anabel said with a lean smile. Her pretty face radiated like the sun. They both walked into the living room.

"what should i offer you?" she asked.

"Erh No nothing. Being at home all day was really boring."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean i won't offer you something " she countered as she walked towards the white Haier Thermocool freezer. The green gown she wore was very beautiful and he wished she could wear it forever.

She handed him a packet of juice which he accepted without any fuss. As they spoke and laughed the boredom which had pressed the both of them gradually disappeared into the much spoken about thin air.

As they both walked back, the world seemed to have paused and only them were mobile.

They walked from the Garden Park where they had sat and followed the the adjoining road to the GRA. The group of people coming out of the court caught their attention. Anabel touched Jake's hand and he looked at her and saw she was looking into the court compound fascinated. He directed his gaze into the compound and saw some one being roughed into a police van. The sight was hilarious but the sympathy in her eyes prevented him from laughing.

Anabel felt like something had struck her. She saw two lawyers shaking hands and the female one held her wig on her hand. As the people trooped out of the compound Jake felt it wasn't nice for them to stand and mop. He didn't know what crime those people had committed, but with the sort of stories he had heard most innocent people had been convicted, he allowed him self to feel sorry for them.

"Do you know those guys maybe innocent." her remark was more like comment than a question. Was she think the same thing as he was, Jake thought.

"well You can't be so sure" Jake replied. He glanced at her as they walked on. The look on her face was identical to had seen when she the day they had first spoken. That day she had been made jest of by the arrogant Pamela and her cohorts and she had been really hurt. As he remembered her face that day he smiled.

"what about your friend Pamela?" he asked. suppressing his laughter his oesophagus. Anabel knew he was trying to making fun of her. She laughed and with all the force her feeble hand could muster, she threw a punch at him on the shoulder. He laughed as he jerked a few step away from her and regained his balance.

Anabel had been a timid and frigail fellow then but she was much stronger since she became friends with Jake.

"I can't wait for resumption so I can 'll let the entire class know I'm now a lioness" she said.

Jake looked at her in amazement. Certainly no one was capable of hurting her by their words that he was sure of.

They got to the junction were they would board different taxis.

"Thanks for today." Anabel said in a soft voice.

"you are welcome ma." Jake teased. Anabel entered a cab first before Jake stopped another taxi going his way. A well formed friendship has a significant role in our lives he thought.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 4:29am On Sep 24, 2013
Doris managed to remain calm as she left the court room. She had managed a fake smile as she shook hands with the prosecution counsel . Her mood was poor and she didn't want to speak but her assistant was bent on making her talk.

For the second time in their thirty-five minutes drive to the office she had almost screamed and yelled at Anita as if the Assistant was the cause of her problem.

Doris had managed to restrain her self from counting her chicks before they were layed during the hearing but spontaneously things had changed after the recession.

She had been objected a number of times and the only once she had objected, it was over ruled. The looks on the face of the Judge was spiteful and he seemed to have a personal vendetta against her.

Through out the court session her gaze was locked on Patrick. For the first time she had noticed he was an embodiment of handsomeness.

The ill grown beard he had the last time she saw him had been trimmed. She couldn't help but accept the fact that he had a wonderful physique. Perhaps he was a body builder or some thing of that nature.

One thing that really impressed Doris about him was that he was different from her previous client. He maintained a calm disposition through out the session. The confidence in his eyes could only be seen in an accused whose father is the judge presiding over the case. Once when an officer was called in as a witness, he had smiled broadly at the officer's testimony with his eyes peruzing the entire room before finally settling on her, his attorney.

Ignorance is actually more expensive than education she had thought. How could he be smiling and feeling at peace when with the new turn of event he was heading for a death sentence.

"Ma'am." Anita's voice had called after her as she walked briskly through the rowdy complex. She turned to know why the ever talking Anita was calling her. A file had fallen from her hand and she didn't notice as she was highly furious.

Anita bent and picked up the file without saying another word. Doris took a deep breath and continued walking towards her office. She wasn't fine and she won't be until the end of the case and she knew it.

2 Likes

Re: Remember Me by aprilwise(m): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2013
A wonderful masterpiece
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2013
april wise: A wonderful masterpiece
Tnks man
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2013
Mornin palz, I guess av don ma part and now I nid 2 knw how y'all feel abt d story . Lets just say d 1st half of the story is ova and d orda half is *en route*

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Mutaino7(m): 10:36am On Sep 24, 2013
If the first part is gud den the part two can only get better. More muse to ur mind.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wesslier: Mornin palz, I guess av don ma part and now I nid 2 knw how y'all feel abt d story . Lets just say d 1st half of the story is ova and d orda half is *en route*
It was Superb. Waitin 4 d oda part

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Ghozye(f): 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
U've got a rlly nys piece here. cool

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
Mutaino7: If the first part is gud den the part two can only get better. More muse to ur mind.
Tnks bro... *I'll do ma best* lolz
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:45pm On Sep 24, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: .
It was Superb. Waitin 4 d oda part

Eya tnk dear... U av always bin a DARLING.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ghozye: U've got a rlly nys piece here. cool
Gud 2 see u again dearie, tnks and I appreciate.
Re: Remember Me by ninja4life(m): 10:52pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nice update cant wait for d next.dis is an interesting story
Re: Remember Me by frank317: 9:00am On Sep 25, 2013
What more can I say... Thanks for such wonderful write up, believe me, u are really doing a nice job. No dulling.
Re: Remember Me by princesa(f): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2013
Finally, I've caught up with you guyz...i must say, you're improving.

Frank has said what i would have pointed out, so please tie the knots already, and don't use one kain 'yeye' rope to tie it oh, you guys love going for so many sub plots, so let me watch you do the do..

One other thing, am yet to get the particular state this novel is set, maybe i missed it from the earlier posts, but pls be elaborate when stating the location of events therein.

And offcourse, sorry for your over a decade loss, nice poem to commemorate the remembrance too. Kudos!
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:44am On Sep 25, 2013
ninja4life: Nice update cant wait for d next.dis is an interesting story
tnks "Jet lee"
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2013
frank3.16:
What more can I say... Thanks for such wonderful write up, believe me, u are really doing a nice job. No dulling.
Sir Frank i truly appreciate u immerse assistance and support... Tnks big bro.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:53am On Sep 25, 2013
princesa: Finally, I've caught up with you guyz...i must say, you're improving.

Frank has said what i would have pointed out, so please tie the knots already, and don't use one kain 'yeye' rope to tie it oh, you guys love going for so many sub plots, so let me watch you do the do..

One other thing, am yet to get the particular state this novel is set, maybe i missed it from the earlier posts, but pls be elaborate when stating the location of events therein.

And offcourse, sorry for your over a decade loss, nice poem to commemorate the remembrance too. Kudos!
I always get mur ideas and encouraged wen i see ur comments. I guess ur fone is beta now. Well i stil owe u a wonder and gigantic "THANK YU."

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:03am On Sep 25, 2013
Let me say tnks 2 evry 1 who had read 2ru dis work, i rily appreciate ur tym and comments. Min while as at when i started dis story i was uncertain abt d location 2 use. I wantd Lagos but i neva lived der although I once visited d state. So i decided to opt for Aminata Sow Falls' pattern in "Beggars Strike" in which d location of work won't be disclosed.

However if nid be i may like edit d work and set it in Calabar or warri wer i have adequate knowledge of. Tnks palz.
Re: Remember Me by Becketh(f): 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
wow..interesting piece,u kept me glued to my phone.kip it up.
Re: Remember Me by beyonDskygirl(f): 12:58am On Sep 26, 2013
Igbo? Wow...*nwanna dalukwa. You're doing great. *jisie ike.
Re: Remember Me by Enedane(f): 6:52am On Sep 26, 2013
Wesslier:
Yeah u can.

Department of Sociology, Final year.
ok, dts cool. Mine's Radiography, yr 2
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:15am On Sep 26, 2013
Enedane:
ok, dts cool. Mine's Radiography, yr 2
wow nice 2 have a Malabress here...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2013
beyonDskygirl: Igbo? Wow...*nwanna dalukwa. You're doing great. *jisie ike.
Odinmma lolz pardon ma rusty Igbo. So wer av u bin all dez while? Am not happy o
Re: Remember Me by Splendblex(f): 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nice one, waiting 4 more o
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 5:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Becketh: wow..interesting piece,u kept me glued to my phone.kip it up.
Tnks u wer glued ma'am. Plz remain dat way as we continue.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 5:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
Splendblex: Nice one, waiting 4 more o
Halo! Tnks dear.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
...EDITED...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Son My Man- A Story / My Feud With Akwaeke Emezi - Chimamanda Adichie Tells Her Side Of The Story / The Consequences of Rape - By Classcaptain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.