Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith (13567 Views)

Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 1:11am On Jul 26, 2013
In this teachings series, I try make things brief. Often times, I hear\read our own Christian people quoting our Lord and Saviour in Matthew 5:20 saying:

New International Version (©2011)
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

and they use this verse to bind the righteousness of THE LAW of Moses to Christians not knowing there are two kinds of righteousness - of the law and of faith\believe (in what Christ had already done). Righteousness simply means right standing with God and how God now sees us\people; how God makes people right AGAIN with himself AFTER Adam sinned.

First, we make it clearly by the Apostolic doctrine that it is through Adam that we all sinned and are sinners, not our own sins that made us sinners. In the same manner, it is through Christ and His finished works on the cross that the sinner was killed and we are made right again with God.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. Romans 5:19

We did nothing to be a sinner but by the sin of Adam because all human race was in Adam when he sinned. In the same manner (even so through), we did nothing to be made right again with God except by Christ and what he did, dying to give bring us back to God and make our right standing with God.

Before the Cross, that is, under the law of Moses, the righteousness of the law exist and that was the righteousness that Christ spoke about in Matthew 5:20: The righteousness of the law that demands a man or people under the law to do works unto making HIMSELF right with God and to do ALL the things written in the law of Moses. Christians are not under the law but under Grace, which is the gift of God. This righteousness is all about WHAT A MAN CAN DO TO BE RIGHT WITH GOD BUT THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD THROUGH CHRIST IS WHAT GOD HAD ALREADY DONE TO MAKE MAN RIGHT AGAIN WITH HIMSELF.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For Moses writes that the law's way of making a person right with God requires obedience to all of its commands. Romans 10:5

But that righteousness (which Moses wrote about) WAS A SHADOW righteousness and NOT THE TRUE RIGHTEOUSNESS GOD DEMANDS. It was a type and shadows of the good and fulfilled righteousness of God in Christ because the law is a SHADOW OF GOOD THINGS TO COME NOT THE VERY REALITY nor SUBSTANCE, faith is the substance. The law and prophets were all pointing to Christ. When Christ came, people like the people of Israel are still following shadows that was pointing to Christ instead of looking unto the Christ that the law was pointing to.

to be continue

4 Likes

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by iamswizz(m): 1:27am On Jul 26, 2013
nice one broda goshen
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 1:46am On Jul 26, 2013
Brothers and sisters, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. Christ is the culmination (END) of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: "The person who does these things will live by them." But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down) Romans 10:1-6

The people of the law (Israelites) pride in their law and Torah to make them right with God but could not and they failed together because the law wasn't given to make them righteous or right with God but to tell them they need A SAVIOUR that will make them right with and in the eyes of God. But Israel rejected that saviour and the way of God's righteousness rather pursue their own self righteousness.

What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. Romans 9:30-32

If Israel as the scriptures clearly says they could not attain God's righteousness by faith but works, what makes Christians think they can attain God's righteousness by works of the law rather than faith in what Christ (the One whose obedience unlike Adam made us righteous) had already done. This is a mystery of God already making us right again with him IN Christ. A mystery of God having already prepared table in the presence of our enemy (satan) and ONLY just give us invitation and what is required of us is just to show up at the banquet by FAITH + NOTHING. Just come as you can and as you are.

Many Christians think this righteousness by JUST believing or by faith is TOO SIMPLE and therefore WORKS or religious law MUST be added to it. The same as what the Judaizers taught to the Galatians and Paul the Apostle refuted them. You can't be saved and made righteous by GRACE through FAITH and want to keep your salvation and righteousness by doing works of the law. The one who had being MADE Righteous BY and THROUGH Christ MUST LIVE BY FAITH without the requirements of the law.

For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed--a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith." Romans 1:17

But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses and the prophets long ago. . . So we are made right with God through faith and not by obeying the law. Romans 3:21 & 28

Faith in the what Christ had done to make us right with God is true righteousness in which the righteousness of the law was a type and shadows to. Our works are not acceptable to Christ aside of what Christ had done. In Adam we sinned but in Christ we are made righteous. We do not fast IN ORDER to\BECAUSE we want to get something from God, we fast because CHRIST had already given it to us. We do pray because we want to receive, we pray because we had already received. We do not go from one deliverance session to another, we are in liberty because we are already delivered, we do not give because we want to be blessed, we give because we are already blessed. That is why those who tithe or teach Christians to tithe (do works of the law) so they can be blessed and windows of heaven opened to them are in deep error. Ladies and gentlemen, heavens are already opened over a Christian by the finished works of Christ. There's no open heavens no where because it is already opened.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ. Romans 5:17

to be continue

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by ifeegee(f): 1:53am On Jul 26, 2013
A similar topic was taught in church on Friday ,couldn't comprehend much 'cos of all the technicalities,
Prayed for understanding through the Holy Spirit.
Stumbled on this article,didn't want to read 'cos of the length , somehow got around to reading it,compared notes.
Honestly,it's making more sense now. Thank you.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 2:18am On Jul 26, 2013
Now, I know the argument the law keepers are going to bring in this teaching - the argument of James, the Apostle. The argument of faith plus works.

14What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?

15Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food.

16If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?

17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is uselessd ?

21Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”e and he was called God’s friend.

24You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

James 2

What is James the Apostle saying? Faith + Works? Certainly NOT else he would be contradicting himself and scriptures he was quoting because he said in verse 23, "Abraham believed (had faith in God) and it COUNTED TO HIM FOR\AS RIGHTEOUSNESS". So what is he saying? He is NOT saying works makes a man righteous before God rather he is testifying to the truth that faith\believing in what God had already done (through Christ) and when you believe in this way of God, you are made righteous unto God and in Christ you become the righteousness of God and the reign in life. That's the gift of God.

He is NOT also saying FAITH + WORKS saves or makes a man righteous. RATHER he is saying, you believe (have faith) that God had already blessed you, then you give out of what God had already blessed you with (show\do works as evidence of your believe\faith) NOT giving (doing works) because you want to be blessed. That's an example! So what do we have here, from the example of Abraham as quoted by James?

In the same way, "Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith." Galatians 3:6; Romans 4:3

It is faith and faith alone that made Abraham counted righteous. A foreshadow of how God will raise Christ from the dead and the bring back of Isaac to life again. That's what Abraham believe God for and he was declared righteous BEFORE he offer Isaac (do a work, showing the evidence of his believe). It is not the work that justified him nor made him righteous. So James is saying, if you say you believe God had already blessed you in wealth, then show that believe or faith by also blessing others NOT blessing others BECAUSE you want God to bless you. If you say (have faith or believes) that you are already made righteous in Christ, then live it out from inside, let people see that righteousness of Christ in you. If you have faith or believe you have already being forgiven, then forgive other NOT forgive other because you want God to forgive you etc. James is saying, works is the evidence that you already believe or have faith. That is, something had already taken place on your inside, then the proof is seen of men on the outside.

So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous (THOSE WHO ARE MADE RIGHTEOUS THROUGH THE OBEDIENCE AND FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST) person has life." This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, "It is through obeying the law that a person has life." Galatians 3:11-12

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 2:24am On Jul 26, 2013
ifee-gee:
A similar topic was taught in church on Friday ,couldn't comprehend much 'cos of all the technicalities,
Stumbled on this article,didn't want to read 'cos of the length , somehow got around to reading it,compared notes.

Thank you my sister. Sometimes, I take everybody as myself - love to read and study. Can't stay a day without reading something. Our purpose is to tear down the Mosaic and present Christ, the substance, our righteousness and our sin. We preach Christ and him crucified, not Christ walking on waters nor Christ changing water to wine nor Christ feeding thousands with two fished + five loaves of bread etc. We encourage you to find more time to study scriptures more. Slowly but surely, the revelation of Christ will be made manifest unto you.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 2:26am On Jul 26, 2013
iamswizz: nice one broda goshen

You're the righteousness of God in Christ. It is God's gift and so you shall reign in life.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 2:27am On Jul 26, 2013
Chei, I tried make it brief but I'm sorry; can't control it. Make una no vex huh. cheesy
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:13am On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360: Chei, I tried make it brief but I'm sorry; can't control it. Make una no vex huh. cheesy
Thanks, I needed this, just a reminder. Have been going through a battle with myself, trying to take away what God created. *sigh*
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by ayoku777(m): 6:55am On Jul 26, 2013
This is what we need to be hearing, on TV and in church, not all these deliverance from demons on tv that mocks christianity. The church needs deliverance from ignorance and from the Law. If believers are taught grace, trust me, we will have less things to be delivered from.

2 Likes

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 7:57am On Jul 26, 2013
The bible says - you shall know the truth and the truth you know shall set you free.. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. I believe the issue of deliverance in the body of Christ is a result of ignorance, the greatest deliverance can only be realised by coming to the knowledge of the truth of God through Christ.

Fantastic teaching bro, keep them coming.

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:
the law's way of making a person right with God requires obedience to all of its commands. Romans 10:5[/i]
I agree with some of the points raised,but i still have a problem with you quoting this scripture and the OT OUT OF CONTEXT.If you read what Paul was saying in the entire Romans 10 and not just the beginning,you will notice that he was actually making a reference to an OT scripture in Deuteronomy 30 :12 concerning the righteousness that is by Faith.God is no author of confusion,He gave the LAW to man and not Moses,Israel failed God by thinking they could attain the righteousness by works not by Faith just like Abraham did.Even in the OT scripture God has been shouting through His prophets that Israel should believe God with all their hearts.Believing actually starts from the heart by trusting God and not depending on your ability(The same mistake Israel kept committing)and that was why they couldn't enter into God's rest.It was simply due to unbelief really. because if your read the OT closely you will see that the LAW God gave Israel was never meant to be a stumbling block.For example look at this verse closely.

The book of Deut 8:17-18 reads:
17 Do not say in your heart, “My strength and the
power of my hand did for me

this great mighty deed.” 18 But remember the Lord
your God, that he gives you
strength to do a mighty deed, in order that he may
establish his covenant, which the
Lord swore to your fathers, as today.

And also Deut 9:4-6 reads:
4 Do not say in your heart when the Lord your God destroys these nations from
your face, “Because of my righteousness the Lord led me in to inherit this good land.”
Rather because of the ungodliness of these nations the Lord will destroy them before your face. 5 Not because of your righteousness nor because of the holiness of your
heart may you enter to inherit their land. Rather
because of the ungodliness of these
nations the Lord will destroy them from your face,
in order that he may establish his covenant, which he swore to your fathers, to Abraham and to Isaac and to Jacob. 6
You should know today that not because of your righteousness the Lord your God is
giving you this good land to inherit, for you are a stiff-necked people

From these verses we can see the contrast of what God desires as exemplified by Paul in Romans 10:6,which is Israel own righteousness based on doing and the righteousness of God with which Paul is concerned in Rom 9:30-10:13.

What the people of Israel are not to say in their heart in Deut 8:17, “My strength and the power of my hand did for me this great mighty deed,” is paralleled by what they are not to say in their heart in 9:4, “Because of my righteousness the Lord led me in to inherit this good land.. Thus,Israel’s righteousness is a righteousness based upon what they themselves have done.

Deut 8:17-18 and 9:4-6 are warning the people of Israel not to think that they have inherited their land because of their own righteousness through the doing of a mighty deed. Rather, the people of Israel have inherited their land because God has given it to them as a gift, in order to establish his covenant, which is synonymous with the establishment of his righteousness.

Thus, Israel is not to ignore God’s establishing of his covenantal righteousness and rely upon their own
righteousness. But this is precisely what Israel has done according to Paul in Rom 10:3: “For, not recognizing the righteousness of God and seeking to establish their own righteousness they have not submitted to the righteousness of God..

Now concerning the LAW i believe it is still valid as a way for Christians to live an upright and moral life in accord with God’s Spirit. Indeed, as Paul insisted previously, we do not nullify the Law through faith, “on the contrary, we uphold the Law”( Romans3:31). Those who have been made righteous by faith and have thus received the holy Spirit are now able to fulfill the requirements of the Law (Romans8:4), and by loving one an
other Christians fulfill the Law (Romans 13:8-10).

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by alexleo(m): 9:23am On Jul 26, 2013
@Goshen360,
How do you reconcile your explanation about giving with what Jesus said in Luke 6:38.
38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

And mentioned again in-

Acts 20:35
35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

Isn't this scriptures confirming that there is blessing in giving?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 9:47am On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360: Now, I know the argument the law keepers are going to bring in this teaching - the argument of James, the Apostle. The argument of faith plus works.

14What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?

15Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food.

16If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?

17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.

19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is uselessd ?

21Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar?

22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.

23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”e and he was called God’s friend.

24You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

James 2

What is James the Apostle saying? Faith + Works? Certainly NOT else he would be contradicting himself and scriptures he was quoting because he said in verse 23, "Abraham believed (had faith in God) and it COUNTED TO HIM FOR\AS RIGHTEOUSNESS". So what is he saying? He is NOT saying works makes a man righteous before God rather he is testifying to the truth that faith\believing in what God had already done (through Christ) and when you believe in this way of God, you are made righteous unto God and in Christ you become the righteousness of God and the reign in life. That's the gift of God.

He is NOT also saying FAITH + WORKS saves or makes a man righteous. RATHER he is saying, you believe (have faith) that God had already blessed you, then you give out of what God had already blessed you with (show\do works as evidence of your believe\faith) NOT giving (doing works) because you want to be blessed. That's an example! So what do we have here, from the example of Abraham as quoted by James?

In the same way, "Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith." Galatians 3:6; Romans 4:3

It is faith and faith alone that made Abraham counted righteous. A foreshadow of how God will raise Christ from the dead and the bring back of Isaac to life again. That's what Abraham believe God for and he was declared righteous BEFORE he offer Isaac (do a work, showing the evidence of his believe). It is not the work that justified him nor made him righteous. So James is saying, if you say you believe God had already blessed you in wealth, then show that believe or faith by also blessing others NOT blessing others BECAUSE you want God to bless you. If you say (have faith or believes) that you are already made righteous in Christ, then live it out from inside, let people see that righteousness of Christ in you. If you have faith or believe you have already being forgiven, then forgive other NOT forgive other because you want God to forgive you etc. James is saying, works is the evidence that you already believe or have faith. That is, something had already taken place on your inside, then the proof is seen of men on the outside.

So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous (THOSE WHO ARE MADE RIGHTEOUS THROUGH THE OBEDIENCE AND FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST) person has life." This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, "It is through obeying the law that a person has life." Galatians 3:11-12

Looks like your swollen head has partly made you quite the presumptiouse fellow

Pure Narcissm

James the JUST ruled with a ROD of IRON so also all the desciples and yashua himself

You carry on your rulership with clay mixed with brass.

Pure lawlessness

Lwaless son of the lawless one

Daily exalting yourself OVER THE MASTER.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 9:57am On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

You're the righteousness of God in Christ. It is God's gift and so you shall reign in life.

LWTMB grin grin

Confusion.

Even the master himself Yashua obeyed the LAW and all his TRUE desciples with him also (Thier biblical life reveals this clearly)

So how come this is still a MYSTRY to all ye sons of lawlessness.

You can be EXACTLY as the master is but not GREATER

HOLYNESS and RIGHTOUSNESS are not the same thing

Rightousness cannot be separated from the LAW

While being HOLY has to do with the HEART
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:00am On Jul 26, 2013
ifee-gee:

Meanwhile yashua was in no way technical.

He always spoke simple english to his desciples, of which you are privy to those private discussions now but you rather stay on the broad road to hell

Goshen is as technical as they come

And he is keeping you all in HELL.

You have been warned.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:04am On Jul 26, 2013
ayoku777: This is what we need to be hearing, on TV and in church, not all these deliverance from demons on tv that mocks christianity. The church needs deliverance from ignorance and from the Law. If believers are taught grace, trust me, we will have less things to be delivered from.

You can be exactly as your master is but not greater

Children of lawlessness

The man you claim as your master obeyed the law to the letter

And so also all his TRUE desciples

But you and your kind are so TECHNICAL you know more than yashua abi?

Lawless children fighting the ROD OF IRON daily

WHY DO THE HEATHEN RAGE AND THE GENTILES IMAGINE A VAIN THING?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 10:10am On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

LWTMB grin grin

Confusion.

Even the master himself Yashua obeyed the LAW and all his TRUE desciples with him also (Thier biblical life reveals this clearly)

So how come this is still a MYSTRY to all ye sons of lawlessness.

You can be EXACTLY as the master is but not GREATER

HOLYNESS and RIGHTOUSNESS are not the same thing

Rightousness cannot be separated from the LAW

While being HOLY has to do with the HEART

My brother, why did Christ do so many miracles on sabbath day against the dictate of the law?

This was the word of Christ

Then He said to them, “What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out? 12 Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”

Did Christ not say these things

For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”?

Why did Jesus stop the people from killing the adulterous woman?

Did he not give us all the reasons to know He is Lord over the law of Moses?

Did His death not fulfil the demand of the law for our sake?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:10am On Jul 26, 2013
ayoku777: This is what we need to be hearing, on TV and in church, not all these deliverance from demons on tv that mocks christianity. The church needs deliverance from ignorance and from the Law. If believers are taught grace, trust me, we will have less things to be delivered from.

Good to know you are aware of the mockery you face daily being called a christian AKA follower of christ

Yet you do not observe nor keep sacred his testimonies

You have chosen the lawless path.

Yashua was lawfull to the end as scripturs has testified and all his TRUE desciples also

The DEMON called goshen calles yashua and all his desciples JUADIZER without batting an eyelid.

Surely he will get his reward.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Good to know you are aware of the mockery you face daily being called a christian AKA follower of christ

Yet you do not observe nor keep sacred his testimonies

You have chosen the lawless path.

Yashua was lawfull to the end as scripturs has testified and all his TRUE desciples also

The DEMON called goshen calles yashua and all his desciples JUADIZER without batting an eyelid.

Surely he will get his reward.

grin grin grin
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:23am On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

My brother, why did Christ do so many miracles on sabbath day against the dictate of the law?

This was the word of Christ

Then He said to them, “What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out? 12 Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”

Did Christ not say these things

For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”?

Why did Jesus stop the people from killing the adulterous woman?

Did he not give us all the reasons to know He is Lord over the law of Moses?

Did His death not fulfil the demand of the law?

You are quite right the DEMAND ended on the cross but I repeat again that the EFFICACY STILL REMAINS

Most especially when you are amongst LWALESS INDIVIDUALS like GOSHEN, remember it is written that the heathen shall be ruled with A ROD OF IRON AKA the LAW in the future KINGDOM.

If I remember correctly john 8:34 Yashua is asking the EXPERTS and DOCTORS of the LAW which one of then can condemn him of SIN.

Sin is contrary to LAW

And none of them could just as theY couldnt condemn john the baptist either

Healing on the sabbath could never make him LAWLESS beforen the father.

It only revealed him as a mercifull man?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

You are quite right the DEMAND ended on the cross but I repeat again that the EFFICACY STILL REMAINS

You did not answer my questions bro.

Was Christ not arrested for breaking the law?

Can you give me any verse where Christ says you must obey the laws given to Moses for the nation of Israel even after I fulfil the demands please.

You said healing on the sabbath would not make him lawless even though its against the law.. Please show me what gives you this idea.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

How does that legitimise lawlessness?

He was lwafull in his living even if he by your own definition broke the law as you say with your lips

It is you who have judged him as breaking the LAW exactly as the pharasees did
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 10:33am On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

How does that legitimise lawlessness?

He was lwafull in his living even if he by your own definition broke the law as you say with your lips

It is you who have judged him as breaking the LAW exactly as the pharasees did

Was it against the law of Moses to heal on sabbath day?

Please answer with a yes or a no.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:33am On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Can you give me any verse where Christ says you must obey the laws given to Moses for the nation of Israel even after I fulfil the demands please.

You said healing on the sabbath would not make him lawless even though its against the law.. Please show me what gives you this idea.

The constitution of the future Kingdom is the LAW

It cannot get any simpler than that

It is revealed in the LAW AND PROPHETS AND THE GOSPEL AS WELL

Dont pretend as if you dont know

But then again I remember you and your kind dont belive THE MASTER WILL EVER COME BACK

Hence your Lawlessness

But though he may tarry he WILL STILL COME.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:34am On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Was it against the law of Moses to heal on sabbath day?

Please answer with a yes or a no.

NO!!!!!
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 10:41am On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

NO!!!!!

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day.

I will skip that since you have said no to avoid contradicting yourself but you have. I am not here to prove you wrong, I am only trying to show you what the scripture says.

What does the law require the people to do to an adulterer?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:46am On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Was paul not accused of being the ringleader of the NAZERITES EVEN AFTER yashua HAD FUFULLED THE DEMAND?

Why did he and the apostles still indulge in JEWISH VOWS after fulfillment as you say?

Did paul not set himself apart to the most high as scripture has testified in acts 18:18?

Did james not settle the issue of circumsicion with for example lev 17:14 was this not aslo after he had FUFILLED THE DEMAND?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by DrummaBoy(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2013
Here we go again.

Battle line drawn. I hope we see the light sha in this thread.

Thank you Goshen for this one.

Thank you Ayoku 777 for this quote

that was so well said
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:50am On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day.

I will skip that since you have said no to avoid contradicting yourself but you have. I am not here to prove you wrong, I am only trying to show you what the scripture says.

What does the law require the people to do to an adulterer?

The Bolded in you answer is typical.

Why not address issues one at a time there is no rush is there?

Even the pharasees would have saved thier own animal on the sabbath talk less of healing a human being.

Thats the message the master is passin to his TRUE desciples, but you cant see that.

You are as technical as the pharasees and that is why you cannot temper mercy with justice.

There shall be no mercy for the mercyless.

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 10:52am On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Was paul not accused of being the ringleader of the NAZERITES EVEN AFTER yashua HAD FUFULLED THE DEMAND?

Why did he and the apostles still indulge in JEWISH VOWS after fulfillment as you say?

Did paul not set himself apart to the most high as scripture has testified in acts 18:18?

Did james not settle the issue of circumsicion with for example lev 17:14 was this not aslo after he had FUFILLED THE DEMAND?

You are not focused on the issue bro. You are a strong believer in do exactly like Jesus did and that is why I am asking you questions about Jesus and his relationship with the law of Moses.
That is not to say we won't address the Paul and James issue, I want us to be clear that Jesus is actually Lord over the law given to Moses.

I ask again- the law says an adulteress should be stoned, Christ thought she should go. Do you think that act is against the law of Moses?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are not focused on the issue bro. You are a strong believer in do exactly like Jesus did and that is why I am asking you questions about Jesus and his relationship with the law of Moses.
That is not to say we won't address the Paul and James issue, I want us to be clear that Jesus is actually Lord over the law given to Moses.

I ask again- the law says an adulteress should be stoned, Christ thought she should go. Do you think that act is against the law of Moses?

It takes the holy spirit to temper mercy with justice

So is your heart now bad because the masters heart is good?

You can be exactly as the master is but not greater.

what you have are vain imaginations

Carry your CROSS and follow and stop all this GREEK talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 / This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer / Another Error Of Quran Or Muhammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.