Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Fantasy Premier League Betting? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fantasy Premier League Betting? (5831 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Ibime(m): 10:19am On Jul 28, 2013
20-30 men @ £100 each will make it worthwhile to participate.

If na £50 for 10-15 players, it makes it no different to playing the normal league.

Make una up stakes abeg to make it worthwhile
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lekkie073(m): 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
omodapson: I am interested but na Naija I dey so how do I do Paypal when we no fit access am for naija? sad anybody with a way out...

why not have a way it will be convenient for those in Nigeria. Me personally won't drop a gamble stake for someone I cannot physically connect with. if there is a way whereby we have a financial admin for each region. I.e. Nigeria and UK. Monthly payouts to whoever wins manager of the month will automatically be settled by the admin of which region he is. In any event dat a regions finance has been expended on payouts, the other regional admin is bound by agreement to make funds available for such region.
the overall winner which is decided at the end of the season can easily be taken care of. I repeat, I might find it difficult to drop my stake for someone way I no fit easily locate grin whether on trust or not.

And if at all na one region go hold d funds, dat region should be naija because na NNairaland premier league grin
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lekkie073(m): 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
Infact, I raise d motion dat d money should be kept in naira, did is Nairaland grin
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ibime: 20-30 men @ £100 each will make it worthwhile to participate.

If na £50 for 10-15 players, it makes it no different to playing the normal league.

Majority's vote.
Whatever you guys are comfortable with.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by A40(m): 12:18am On Jul 29, 2013
Make this thing no go be like the biblical Tower of Babel! Cos na so e fit end up the way I dey see am

Chamo you might need to make a contingency/failover plan for those wey no get access to paypal e.g if say u get dom account that would help Naija ninjas to place their stake

Ibime: 20-30 men @ £100 each will make it worthwhile to participate.

Lmaoo good luck with that! This na first time thing you don't seriously expect that to work here
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 11:11am On Jul 29, 2013
Chamo.

for those in Niger,

I can give an acct in 9ger, and give chamo the equivalent in pounds.

Season will start soon. lets do this thing abeg.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 30, 2013
Am in

$100 bet aint that bad
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 9:10am On Jul 30, 2013
dare2think: Chamo.

for those in Niger,

I can give an acct in 9ger, and give chamo the equivalent in pounds.

Season will start soon. lets do this thing abeg.

Email me the 9ja account details.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by ritchboy(m): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2013
Season go soon start una still dey pussyfoot. . . £50 is a decent stake for our maiden voyage. Better to have 20 people wager £50 than 6 people wager £100. I thought that was already settled.

Entry to the league should be free for the admin for his efforts, if receiving/sending money is too much of a bother. The top three should split the cash 70:20:10 at the end of the season. No manager of the month BS, the pot won't be large enough to make it worthwhile and it's an unnecessary burden for the admin.

Abeg let's start discussing logistics and whether or not Chamotex and dare2think are trustworthy individuals cheesy
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Pharoh: 10:35am On Jul 30, 2013
^

I go with what you have up there except that i think the ration should be 60:30:10 or 50:30:15:5. If we have 20 committed players then maybe everyone should add "X" extra £$ or euro to make up for the management fee instead of making it free. Every other thing is perfect for me and let me add some ideas for the head to head betting league since this one is for the normal league right?.

Me self dey trust worthy ooo ( if na to enter for free) grin
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2013
ritchboy:

Abeg let's start discussing logistics and whether or not Chamotex and dare2think are trustworthy individuals cheesy

I can only vouch for myself. With regards to Chamo, I met him once or twice in London and he has handled bets on Nairaland before between dayokanu and someone else.

For those in Nigeria, I will give chamo a trusted Nigerian Acct and will give him the £50 equivalent in London on the day the money goes into the acct. I will also give chamo my address and phone number in London, to erase any form of doubt. Lets do this thing. Chamo should come up with the formatt later.

Please pay in N12,500. (£1-N250) It changes everyday, so lets work with that baseline.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 11:58am On Jul 30, 2013
I actually know Dare2think...so trust isn't an issue here.

If you can't trust whoever is the admin, why bother to place a bet then since only a few know each other personally...why not go to paddy power or bet365 to place a bet.
Like I said I don't have to be the admin...I'm happy to put my own stake and save myself the stress... only trying to fulfil the wish of members who wanted to spice things up with a little bet.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
@ Chamo

Simplicity must be paramount. I suggest 70-20-10. Focus and try to make your team enter top three, end of seanson you get the money and boasting right. Well, unless you be arsenal fan, forth will get you nothing. grin
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by A40(m): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
Even EPL dey do Manager and Player of the month award

The monthly thing is to make the league competitive. So even if you can't win the league you can at least win Manager of the month I think it makes more sense and would ensure everyone gives it their best shot all season long! This would even draw in more participants as people like to know they have better odds of actually winning shyte

Do away with the 1st,2nd and 3rd megedefegede and let the winner take all! Abi for Premiership dem dey award 2nd and 3rd trophy?
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by KazeKage1: 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
Since most of the folks in Nigeria are interested but don't have access to Paypal, can someone down here do something similar (both leagues running concurrently) and hold the cash?.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
Why manager of the month no go dey?

It can be very hard to break into the top 3...
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lekkie073(m): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
KazeKage1: Since most of the folks in Nigeria are interested but don't have access to Paypal, can someone down here do something similar (both leagues running concurrently) and hold the cash?.
I said something of such but it seems dis UK migrants wants total administration. I won't send my hard earned naira to ssomeone I go collect visa before I can locate. Peeps in naija, holla at me if any concrete arrangement dey
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
lekkie073:
I said something of such but it seems dis UK migrants wants total administration. I won't send my hard earned naira to ssomeone I go collect visa before I can locate. Peeps in naija, holla at me if any concrete arrangement dey

Actually, the 'UK migrants' are coming up with logistical solutions whilst the ones in Nigeria are just talking! Season go soon start and na talk we just dey hear.

What's the difference btw trusting someone in 9ger and trusting someone in Uk, as though 419 is geographically exclusive.

Chamo, abeg identify folks that are serious and set up a format and lets do this thing abeg.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by KazeKage1: 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
dare2think:

Actually, the 'UK migrants' are coming up with logistical solutions whilst the ones in Nigeria are just talking! Season go soon start and na talk we just dey hear.

What's the difference btw trusting someone in 9ger and trusting someone in Uk, as though 419 is geographically exclusive.

Chamo, abeg identify folks that are serious and set up a format and lets do this thing abeg.
It's actually foolish to say they aren't serious, they are being careful. This is a faceless forum and NOT everyone trusts the way you do. Like i said earlier, two leagues running side-by-side, same setup with the one in the UK.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
KazeKage1:
It's actually foolish to say they aren't serious, they are being careful. This is a faceless forum and NOT everyone trusts the way you do. Like i said earlier, two leagues running side-by-side, same setup with the one in the UK.

Inevitably, money still has to change hands regarless of location. As Chamo rightly put it earlier, why not go to a local betting shop if you have trust issues.

I have pointed out earlier that chamotex has handled bets on this forum before and the parties were satisfied. If you keep obfuscating about, nothing will be done.

Even if you have youR Nigerian link, you still have to give someone the money, what if the person lives in Ibadan or Port-harcourt? Good faith is needed regardless of location. Someone living on your street can still do away with your money under your nose.

I repeat, serious minded people are needed in stuffs like this. People having trust issues should go do online betting.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lekkie073(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
@kazekaje 1, u r on point.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lekkie073(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
dare2think:

Inevitably, money still has to change hands regarless of location. As Chamo rightly put it earlier, why not go to a local betting shop if you have trust issues.

I have pointed out earlier that chamotex has handled bets on this forum before and the parties were satisfied. If you keep obfuscating about, nothing will be done.

Even if you have youR Nigerian link, you still have to give someone the money, what if the person lives in Ibadan or Port-harcourt? Good faith is needed regardless of location. Someone living on your street can still do away with your money under your nose.

I repeat, serious minded people are needed in stuffs like this. People having trust issues should go do online betting.
I don't need visa to locate someone in lbadan or pH. But UK? As serious as I wish to partake, I refuse to fall muGU grin this one wey UK don dey campaign for illegal migrants to leave or be arrested undecided
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 4:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
lekkie073:
I don't need visa to locate someone in lbadan or pH. But UK? As serious as I wish to partake, I refuse to fall muGU grin this one wey UK don dey campaign for illegal migrants to leave or be arrested undecided

lol

You will find a way to Abuja to locate your N12,500. By the way,this fantasy bet no be by force na.

Ok why not set up the Nigerian counterpart, and the folks in Nigeria will send you the money? Is that ok?
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by KazeKage1: 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
lekkie073:
He does have a point, whichever way you choose to look at it. If you're really serious about it, you can rally the others and form a league of your own and trust the money to someone whom y'all agree on. You can even do it at a lower rate (8,000) and apply the same rules folks in the UK are using.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by ritchboy(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
A-40:
Even EPL dey do Manager and Player of the month award

The monthly thing is to make the league competitive. So even if you can't win the league you can at least win Manager of the month I think it makes more sense and would ensure everyone gives it their best shot all season long! This would even draw in more participants as people like to know they have better odds of actually winning shyte

Do away with the 1st,2nd and 3rd megedefegede and let the winner take all! Abi for Premiership dem dey award 2nd and 3rd trophy?

The point is the pot would probably be £1,000(20 participants) or less so it makes no sense to take £50(?) Out of it TEN times, what would be left for the top manager(s) to win at the end of the season after 10 months of consistency? It's mathematically and practically very possible to win the league without ever being "Manager of the Month". There's also logistics to consider.

-------------

Chamotex and dare2think seem to be the most credible volunteers, let's get serious and proceed pls!

1 Like

Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by A40(m): 10:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
dare2think:

Bros u suppose sabi say igbooro la wa and all man eye dey red! I agree with you that trust is important regardless of location tho but there's nothing wrong with requesting for an alternative when you are in another continent entirely. Owo lo n ba ore je and I'm talking from experience

I think since Chamo is handling Paypal/Uk links someone can handle Naija too and we can find a common ground.

ritchboy:
The point is the pot would probably be £1,000(20 participants) or less so it makes no sense to take £50(?) Out of it TEN times, what would be left for the top manager(s) to win at the end of the season after 10 months of consistency? It's mathematically and practically very possible to win the league without ever being "Manager of the Month". There's also logistics to consider.
-------------
Not everyone is a pro at this game and if you are going to get 20 participants then you are going to have to make more avenues for them to actually win! The 2nd and 3rd position is pointless let the winner take all

Assuming total prize money is £1,000 there are 9 months so at 50 pounds a month there's 450 up for grabs with give or take £450-500 for the winner

The fact that you can win the league without actually being manager of the month also makes it an open affair! You would struggle to get upwards of 20 ppl willing to put money in something only 2 or 3 ppl can win I might be wrong but it remains to be seen

jackbauersballs: Why manager of the month no go dey?

It can be very hard to break into the top 3...
Exactly! I don't see why a manager of the month isn't entitled a token for his efforts! It would make the game fun for everyone regardless of where you are on the table at any point in the season

1 Like

Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by chamotex(m): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
lekkie073:

WTF are you talking about?...UK guys want total domination blah blah blah?...
Isn't this what I said days ago:

chamotex: If someone in 9ja can volunteer to collect stakes for 9ja residents cos of PayPal restrictions.

Didn't I raise the issue of logistics and pay pal restrictions in my opening posts? So how did you think you were going to place a bet before? In your mind?
Most people here just keep talking without volunteering or putting any solution on the table.
The people who don't have to but are making suggestions are the ones getting attacked.
Like I said before, I wanted to fulfil the wishes of some who wanted to spice things up with a little bet and I felt I should help spread the word as the moderator.
Make you guys do your ish, I'm out. I was only trying to help.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dayokanu(m): 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
chamotex: For example, I took a bet recently between debosky and [b]dayokanu [/b]on the Bayern vs Arsenal champions league match.
[b]Dayokanu [/b]paid in dollars and debosky with pounds...PayPal charged a fee and also exchange rate affected the total number of stakes won.

chamotex: I also took a bet with [b]dayokanu [/b]and Ruudie who was in 9ja. Ruudie paid through a friend's PayPal account who was in the UK.

Heeyzzz be careful yourself oo. You wan make everybody know say na Cashii I take pay school fees.

[size=13pt]Which one sure pass Baba Ijebu, Dice or Fantasy betting?[/size]
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Ibime(m): 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
A-40:

Bros u suppose sabi say igbooro la wa and all man eye dey red! I agree with you that trust is important regardless of location tho but there's nothing wrong with requesting for an alternative when you are in another continent entirely. Owo lo n ba ore je and I'm talking from experience

I think since Chamo is handling Paypal/Uk links someone can handle Naija too and we can find a common ground.

Not everyone is a pro at this game and if you are going to get 20 participants then you are going to have to make more avenues for them to actually win! The 2nd and 3rd position is pointless let the winner take all

Assuming total prize money is £1,000 there are 9 months so at 50 pounds a month there's 450 up for grabs with give or take £450-500 for the winner

The fact that you can win the league without actually being manager of the month also makes it an open affair! You would struggle to get upwards of 20 ppl willing to put money in something only 2 or 3 ppl can win I might be wrong but it remains to be seen

Exactly! I don't see why a manager of the month isn't entitled a token for his efforts! It would make the game fun for everyone regardless of where you are on the table at any point in the season

Nigga try handing out 9 manager of month awards and PayPal go chop the whole pot in transaction costs.

Ritchboy has laid the format. £50 each, 20 players with end of season prizes for the top 3.

Chamotex should stamp those as final so we can proceed and anybody wey no like am should find his way.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by Geefaz(m): 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ibime:

Nigga try handing out 9 manager of month awards and PayPal go chop the whole pot in transaction costs.

Ritchboy has laid the format. £50 each, 20 players with end of season prizes for the top 3.

Chamotex should stamp those as final so we can proceed and anybody wey no like am should find his way.

I support this format too ....Lets get it started please
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by dare2think: 10:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ibime:

I support this too.
Re: Fantasy Premier League Betting? by lekkie073(m): 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
chamotex:

WTF are you talking about?...UK guys want total domination blah blah blah?...
Isn't this what I said days ago:

Didn't I raise the issue of logistics and pay pal restrictions in my opening posts? So how did you think you were going to place a bet before? In your mind?
Most people here just keep talking without volunteering or putting any solution on the table.
The people who don't have to but are making suggestions are the ones getting attacked.
Like I said before, I wanted to fulfil the wishes of some who wanted to spice things up with a little bet and I felt I should help spread the word as the moderator.
Make you guys do your ish, I'm out. I was only trying to help.
@chamotex....
sorry I missed dat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You'll Never Walk Alone! / Real Madrid Track Taye Taiwo / Westbrom Vs Manchester City (1 - 3) On 26th December 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.