Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

The Criminality Of Kogi State Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Criminality Of Kogi State Government (1106 Views)

Despotic Criminality Of The Buhari-idiagbon Regime / Igala People Of Kogi State Protesting.. / Lesson Learnt From The Death Of Kogi State Gubernatorial Candidate Audu Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by Acidosis(m): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
Here are the words of Martin Luther King Jr.
"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people."

I dont even know how to start cos this heartbreaking stuff make me sad whenever I see Teachers in Kogi state flaunting their newly 'acquired' Hp laptops [s]

Is it not heartbreaking, disheartening, terrifying and shocking to hear; The Kogi state Government under the leadership of Governor Wada is distributing Hp 655 laptops to the state Teachers at the rate of N115,000.

This is the same laptop brand a Nairalander who in deals in computers is selling here at the rate of N60,000 (single unit)
www.nairaland.com/1371634/brand-new-hp655-4gb-ram320gb

Now thats just the price from a retailer. What if we are buying from a major wholesaler or from the manufacturer?

and N60,000 is the price for a single unit.. What if they are buying about 5000 pieces? 10,000 pieces??

Unfortunately, most of the Teachers are ignorant of this fact as some of them cannot handle a mouse let alone the actual worth of computers.

Why should people pay N115,000 for a dual core laptop?

Should we continue to wallow in ignorance and allow these riff raffs, and political nit-wits take advantage of us?

The funny thing is, this government will come out soon to say they distribute laptops to teachers as an achievement, and some gullible ones will use that as a tool to vote in these riff-raffs again.

I'm not a teacher but this pain is too much for me to bear.

Why should a government showcase this act of wickedness. The same government that cannot pay minimum wage (and as a result, the teachers have been at home for weeks) is now extorting their monthly pay.

Why should his excellency allow these dirty old men in his cabinet do this to him? or could it be that the governor does not know the worth of laptops? the prices? or was he part of the gross corruption in the state?

Pls nairalanders, how do I report this issue?
Who do I tell? EFCC??

I know its not my business since I'm not a teacher in the state but pls its my state, the people are sufferring in silence. Nobody wants to talk.. The government under the leadership of a particular tribe wants to kill the state.
We have been dying in silence for over 13 years. Same Leadership, Same Tribe, Same People, Same Result.

Of what use is a laptop computer in a classroom where students hardly make 3 credits in WAEC?

Pls we are tired of this government!
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by traffickz(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
Is Ur article based on the laptop alone or the marginalisation is a fix- it in the laptop deception?

Any teacher collecting any of the laptops is outdated and antiquated.

Don't cry more than the bereaved!
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by Acidosis(m): 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
traffickz: Is Ur article based on the laptop alone or the marginalisation is a fix- it in the laptop deception?

Any teacher collecting any of the laptops is outdated and antiquated.

Don't cry more than the bereaved!

Its mandatory for all teachers to get atleast ONE..

The money would be deducted either they accept the offer or not.
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by ehiotoye(f): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
Kogi state my belove state, hw long shall we continue like dis? Op i wil advice u bring dis 2 d notice of d likes of Dino Melaiye n see wat he wil do. Dis r d type of tins Dino shld take up. Primary sch teachers in d state hav bin on strike 4 long.
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by Acidosis(m): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
ehiotoye: Kogi state my belove state, hw long shall we continue like dis? Op i wil advice u bring dis 2 d notice of d likes of Dino Melaiye n see wat he wil do. Dis r d type of tins Dino shld take up. Primary sch teachers in d state hav bin on strike 4 long.

Thanks...
I'd send him a message via twitter of facebook
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by Goddex: 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
Gov Wada is even lenient. The Aregbesola laptops to school children cost 124,000 naira each and news has it that he awarded the contract to his son. These are the type of criminals we have as leaders
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by traffickz(m): 8:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
Acidosis:

The foolish ones who think a laptop is worth a car will mumulishly go for it.
Deceptive government.
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by albacete(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
Acidosis:

what sort of dictatorship is that?
Can't the teachers be at liberty to choose the laptops they want since they will be the ones using it.? Even a core i3 laptop can be gotten for under a 100 grand.

This is a complete rip-off, an outdated dual core laptop that probably has XP as d OS @ such a ridiculous price. E better sef say dem use dat money buy me Galaxy S4 if they insist that is d price of such PC.
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by Acidosis(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goddex: Gov Wada is even lenient. The Aregbesola laptops to school children cost 124,000 naira each and news has it that he awarded the contract to his son. These are the type of criminals we have as leaders

and our EFCC is sleeping...

The rate at which they sleep is higher than the dead in graveyards.
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by Acidosis(m): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
albacete:
what sort of dictatorship is that?
Can't the teachers be at liberty to choose the laptops they want since they will be the ones using it.? Even a core i3 laptop can be gotten for under a 100 grand.

This is a complete rip-off, an outdated dual core laptop that probably has XP as d OS @ such a ridiculous price. E better sef say dem use dat money buy me Galaxy S4 if they insist that is d price of such PC.

Exactly, that amount is enough to get Hp Envy M6 (icore5)
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by Acidosis(m): 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
traffickz:

The foolish ones who think a laptop is worth a car will mumulishly go for it.
Deceptive government.
sad truth... but they have NO choice
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by stonemind(f): 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
igalas are the problem of kogi state

1 Like

Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by Worldlife: 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
Kogi state state do suffer no be small! The rate at which those people in government are loots the state resources is alarm and call for concened.
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by TheClown: 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
A very interesting topic we have here, yet some people must derail it with their comments. Was the laptop sold to igbiras and okuns alone? Are igala teachers suffering it also? The governor is igala, yes, but is the government made up of only igalas?

When a problem touches a broad number of people, bringing in a division would definitely make some people who would have been interested lose interest.

Kogi state is in the hands of illitrates, serious, chronic ones who are very narrow minded and feel that there's no world beyond kogi state, and if you think I'm exagerating , then please work on your imagination. If you think the igalas are ruling kogi state then you are mistaken. It is an association of bush men and garage brought ups with sergent marks that rule kogi state. Medicine men. We igalas are helpless too.
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by Ameboperoo(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
I didnt know a thread like this exists. I was very disappointed when I saw the spec of those laptops. The ones advertised here was even of hire conf. just checked it out and its 1.4gh, 2g ram agaist the 2.6gh and 4g ram advertised here. The most painful thing is the fact that it is compulsory and the money is deducted directly from source. If you know your teachers cannot work without lappy, why dont you buy and distibute free? It is irrelevant if you have one b4.
This is opperession at the highest level. I have also withnessed a time when motorcycles were distributed to them, they have to deduct from all the teachers to make up for shortfalls arising from money initially deducted but not remitted to the source. To prevent paying for what they didn't buy, the teachers just have to take it. The NUT is there just to fill their pockets and nothing more. Up till now, they are yet to recive their june Salaries, yet to be paid minimum wage (what other state workers have been enjoying for two years now) No leave bonus for two years. I just pity the teacher.
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by Acidosis(m): 1:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ameboperoo: I didnt know a thread like this exists. I was very disappointed when I saw the spec of those laptops. The ones advertised here was even of hire conf. just checked it out and its 1.4gh, 2g ram agaist the 2.6gh and 4g ram advertised here. The most painful thing is the fact that it is compulsory and the money is deducted directly from source. If you know your teachers cannot work without lappy, why dont you buy and distibute free? It is irrelevant if you have one b4.
This is opperession at the highest level. I have also withnessed a time when motorcycles were distributed to them, they have to deduct from all the teachers to make up for shortfalls arising from money initially deducted but not remitted to the source. To prevent paying for what they didn't buy, the teachers just have to take it. The NUT is there just to fill their pockets and nothing more. Up till now, they are yet to recive their june Salaries, yet to be paid minimum wage (what other state workers have been enjoying for two years now) No leave bonus for two years. I just pity the teacher.

It's a very painful situation bro.

And no one is ready to help, not even the media houses and the responsible union..

The spec you highlighted above is very correct..
I discovered that few hours after I typed my first post.
Meaning the said laptops sold (forcefully) to teachers in Kogi state at the rate of N105,000 is less than N60,000!
Re: The Criminality Of Kogi State Government by kel4soft: 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
My mum is a primary school teacher in one of the model schools just built by Amaechi in Rivers State. She has a PC in her office and it is connected to the internet same goes to other teachers in their school. I once ask her why they were not giving laptops and she said. The commissioner of education doesn't think it is government priority for now since they are all entitled to a flat screen monitor network to one CPU.

(1) (Reply)

Al-mustapha's Letter To Jonathan. / A slump manifested and an Unkempt Potential Site In Lokoja Kogi State (Photos) / Read The Defence Of Princess Stella Oduah At The House Of Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.