Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,529 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:17 PM

Mr Biggs Franchise - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mr Biggs Franchise (18886 Views)

I Can Supply Ice Block (location - Jakande- Isolo) Close To Mr Biggs Opp Ecobank / South Africa's Famous Brands Acquire Mr Biggs / Information Needed About Mr. Biggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Biggs Franchise by Connoisseur(m): 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
Hey guys/ladies, I dont know if this topic is better off here or in the business section.

I run a regular business but I identified the need for a fast food store around a developing town close to me. I know the idea will sell cos there isnt any store for miles around.
So, do anyone here know the requirements and qualifications for obtaining a Mr Biggs franchise?

Also for those who are into this kind of business, do you think acquiring a franchise is better or do one start just any fast food outlet in his name?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Connoisseur(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
Any ideas?
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by naijacutee(f): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mr. Biggs are owned by UAC, and everything you need to know is on the UAC franchise page: http://www.uacrestaurants.com/franchise.htm

You can also even apply online.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Connoisseur(m): 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
naijacutee: Mr. Biggs are owned by UAC, and everything you need to know is on the UAC franchise page: http://www.uacrestaurants.com/franchise.htm

You can also even apply online.

thank you for the response. your post was helpful.
But there are still some technical issues not available on the franchise page. Issue like the extent of their contributions and other details. I do not have experience in the food business, so I just wanted a little insight in order to know what am expected of.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by PapaBrowne(m): 3:54am On Jul 27, 2013
I'd recommend you start your own brand. Mr Biggs is a failing brand and no more as big of a deal as it used to be.

The only thing you would need to do is get experts who have experience running setting up successful Fast Food outlets.

I can link you up with some if you need for free. Just ask.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by emmhynet18(m): 4:46am On Jul 27, 2013
"papbrowne like i need some link up bro cuz my brother wants to setup something of such too.....
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Connoisseur(m): 5:16am On Jul 27, 2013
PapaBrowne: I'd recommend you start your own brand. Mr Biggs is a failing brand and no more as big of a deal as it used to be.

The only thing you would need to do is get experts who have experience running setting up successful Fast Food outlets.

I guess thats the essence of this thread.

please papa show me the way
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by sureteeboy(m): 7:50am On Jul 27, 2013
Bro, why don't u just start with Mr Biggs. That will be a good marketing strategy, then you can change when you feel like

6 Likes

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Lordave: 7:53am On Jul 27, 2013
None of them!
Purchase sir. Frankodo or Iya Democracy.

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by free2ryhme: 7:54am On Jul 27, 2013
becareful of some people on nairaland oooo .. wolves on the prowl
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by LewsTherin: 7:55am On Jul 27, 2013
What state are you in? Tho' I don't totally agree that Mr Biggs isavfailing brand, where you are does matter.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by yomalex(m): 7:58am On Jul 27, 2013
Good idea but can you deal with reduced patronage because when you start others will come too

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by kliq(m): 7:59am On Jul 27, 2013
PapaBrowne: I'd recommend you start your own brand. Mr Biggs is a failing brand and no more as big of a deal as it used to be.

kool response,just what I would have suggested....anoda tin is dat the fastfood business is really competitive @ d moment wit so many oda brands,but since u said there's none around where u reside...give it a shot.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by claremont(m): 8:02am On Jul 27, 2013
I know someone who owns 3 Mr Bigg's franchises, the profit margin is good but it required a huge capital outlay. On the plus side, you will be capitalizing on the success of an established brand.

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by TeenageMoney(m): 8:04am On Jul 27, 2013
U wan open Mama Put?
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by canalily(m): 8:07am On Jul 27, 2013
undecided well, bro it sounds like comparing McDonalds with Mr.Franchise. For me i would say, go for Mr. Biggs.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Opey4luv(m): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by dridowu: 8:16am On Jul 27, 2013
No idea but better to be independent than obtain mr biggs franchise cos as time goes on mr biggs wont even think of leaving d franchise to u. The most important i guess u need is advertising and packaging of ursef

4 Likes

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by drake2005: 8:16am On Jul 27, 2013
The best way to approach this from a business and marketing standpoint is find out what brand/food chain is popular and patronized by locals in that particular state or nearby city. If there is no presence of a brand/food chain, then, going independent will be a viable choice. Always good to go with a brand. People; I personally,go to Mr. Biggs and other well known brands not because it is fancy, comfortable, tasteful alone but because there are rules set down by the franchiser(Mr. Biggs) and the franchisee(you) to ensure that food are prepared in a safe, clean environment. The franchiser assumes the role and responsibility for the purchase and delivery of your food produce and poultry.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by jhydebaba(m): 8:24am On Jul 27, 2013
Why go into a business u don't have any idea on Invest ur money in areas where ur idea overflow. Well, if it's still fast food, why don't u get ur own brand and watch it grow.

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by dlox147(m): 8:25am On Jul 27, 2013
Bro biz Is 'RISK' so my advice, start ur own brand cos u r in virgin place n dat way u can be original but with MB u will restrictrited.I think u should b bold enuf to build ur own brand. Lastly guy no fear u go mak as long as u put ur best

4 Likes

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Winneygirl(f): 8:25am On Jul 27, 2013
I agree dat Mr. Biggs is a failing brand. Pls start yours. Whr I reside, d biggest selling fast-food place is not any of these well-known names. It took years to build, and they have not compromised on quality.
If Ur dishes are 'closer' to home, and Ur environment very clean, U will attract d right pple.
Pple are more customer service alert. Service goes beyond brand name. Ur level of service is wat will sell Ur business.

3 Likes

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 27, 2013
claremont: the profit margin is good but it requires a huge capital outlay. On the plus side, you will be capitalizing on the success of an established brand.
So True! Note please; the huge capital required to use the brand name can establish your own brand name if managed effectively, since you pointed out that a need would be met in your locality.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by LEXYCOM: 8:35am On Jul 27, 2013
Y Mr biggs, y not consider other fast food that got swagg.....mr biggs has lost it dominant in the market....I suggest tastee fried chicken....I compare mr biggs with any other buka in my street....be wise
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by nikaShow(m): 8:36am On Jul 27, 2013
I support that Mr.Biggs is a failing brand also,
But more than that, since Ʊ know its not as if your 'destined location' is spoilt of fast food outlet choices, Ʊ can start with your own brand, hire the right experienced staff, learn with your mistakes, and who knows ? It could be the start of something bigger !
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 27, 2013
Don't just go into a business because you feel there's need for it; if you don't have experience or passion for it, it won't work. You can't leave a brand new business in the hands of strangers; it won't work.

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by PStacks(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2013
Starting your own brand would be very challenging but who says you can't..

The Mr Biggs brand is an already established brand and would give you an edge, less work but the fact remains you are promoting Mr Biggs at the expense of your own originality..

You could be the next Mac Donald's who knows? Mr. Biggs started out somehow somewhere, someway.. Who says you can't?

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by dan55: 8:45am On Jul 27, 2013
hmmm.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 27, 2013
Mr biggs doesn't sell like before, all I can advise is for you to start up your own where you can include african and continental dishes,snacks,drinks,cake and ice creams it's better that way and this will give your business a brand identity not starting with what is already failing like mr biggs. They are generally packing up b'cos of low patronage. Consult experts to put you through the business but beware of fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by DonSnoogyPon(m): 8:55am On Jul 27, 2013
[center]cooljust check online or go through google it will be better off.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Packaged Water Business / Crowd Funding In Nigeria. Intelligent minds, lets discuss. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.