Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,335 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Mr Biggs Franchise - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mr Biggs Franchise (18939 Views)

I Can Supply Ice Block (location - Jakande- Isolo) Close To Mr Biggs Opp Ecobank / South Africa's Famous Brands Acquire Mr Biggs / Information Needed About Mr. Biggs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Afam4eva(m): 9:05am On Jul 27, 2013
Purchasing a Mr Biggs franchise is a waste of money cos they no longer have the effect they used to have. I think creating your own franchise is the way to go.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by DANILSA(m): 9:23am On Jul 27, 2013
It's my field bro, Biggs is dead completely. never make that mistake.
But I hope u have the money, fastfood na million naira biz.

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by quicksylva(m): 9:35am On Jul 27, 2013
Mr Biggs franchise is a "CAPITAL NO" for me. What's wrong in starting you own fast food company, I know quite alright that it's challenging compare to having a franchise with Mr Biggs but in the long run the gain supersede the challenges.

Quick reminder of people that have been in your shoe. They are now ripping the reward.

1, Kehinde Kamson: Founder and owner of SWEET SENSATION. The first location was at illupeju. She started from her parent house.

2, Folu Ayeni: Founder and owner of Tantalizer. The first location - festac town.

3, Olayinka Pamela Adedayo: Founder and owner of Tastee Fried Chicken (aka TFC). First location - Surulere

There are so many of them making their cool cash daily yet they didn't go into franchise with any fast food company e.g Delta Kitchen, Big Fish, Calabar Kitchen etc.

Just imagine those daily profit, 7 days a week, 12 months a year, 365 days a year and you won't have to share it with any individual or company because of one useless franchise. The juicy part of it all is that you get to own your Brand Name.

My advice to you - Establish your own brand name.

5 Likes

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Connoisseur(m): 9:35am On Jul 27, 2013
Thanks to the mod for the audience.

The location is somewhere that cant fail. there is need for this kind of service, people go 15 to 20 km s just to have a plate of ice cream or a good hangout.
Like someone mentioned, I know its capital intensive but I believe I can pull it off.
I intend to include a very good bar/ joint. cos such dont exist around there too.

The original idea is to get the Biggs franchise, then a bar and carwash beside it and if things go well, a modest hotel within the vicinity.

Thank you for the responses and keep the ideas coming.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by mkoabiola: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2013
quicksylva: Mr Biggs franchise is a "CAPITAL NO" for me. What's wrong in starting you own fast food company, I know quite alright that it's challenging compare to having a franchise with Mr Biggs but in the long run the gain supersede the challenges.

Quick reminder of people that have been in your shoe. They are now ripping the reward.

1, Kehinde Kamson: Founder and owner of SWEET SENSATION. The first location was at illupeju. She started from her parent house.

2, Folu Ayeni: Founder and owner of Tantalizer. The first location - festac town.

3, Olayinka Pamela Adedayo: Founder and owner of Tastee Fried Chicken (aka TFC). First location - Surulere

There are so many of them making their cool cash daily yet they didn't go into franchise with any fast food company e.g Delta Kitchen, Big Fish, Calabar Kitchen etc.

Just imagine those daily profit, 7 days a week, 12 months a year, 365 days a year and you won't have to share it with any individual or company because of one useless franchise. The juicy part of it all is that you get to own your Brand Name.

My advice to you - Establish you own brand name.
U read very wide.
Gbam.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2013
This is an interesting thread! For someone like me that has vast experience in this industry, I would suggest, you create your own brand. Franchise administration is one fraud I have ever seen in my career as a professional. Yes, you shall ride on an existing 'perceived or glorified' brand to grow but there are a lot of nuances with it.

1.You do a complete market mapping you propose to enter. What are the market potentials?
2.Identify where you want to site your business.
3. Prepare a business plan.
4. What are the initial capital cost. Rent, identify kitchen equipments,IT materials, raw materials, furniture & fittings etc.
5. Get the money.
6. Create your brand and its strategy i.e market entry.
7. Get set, pay rent, get contractors, buy equipment,hire and train etc
8. In all, engage professionals.

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by gidson12(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2013
my man if you like go for a McDonald's franchise, your biz will fail if u don't give attention to the kinds of hands and staffs who man your biz.......you ur biz is death on arrival, that is the number one killer of bussiness, and that's what is killing Mr Biggs,, saucy, lousy and rude staffs that give little attention to customers. get a good and well trained staff in customer relationship, and more so try and monitor their performances regularly.....and always take every little complain of a customer serious and treat them as such, applying all this would grow your biz even if its mamaput your opening

thank you

3 Likes

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by jeffizy(m): 9:51am On Jul 27, 2013
[c] i beleive creating ur own identity will be better.
Some ppl with bad experience with Mr Biggs will identify urs as part of the bad deal.
Also, ur own franchise wl make u work harder. [/c]
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by quicksylva(m): 9:54am On Jul 27, 2013
mko abiola:
U read very wide.
Gbam.
Gracious! Generally, starting up a business comes with challenges/difficulties.
The @op just has to be hard working, diligent and focus towards his Goal/Objectives.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by davades(m): 9:55am On Jul 27, 2013
drake2005: The best way to approach this from a business and marketing standpoint is find out what brand/food chain is popular and patronized by locals in that particular state or nearby city. If there is no presence of a brand/food chain, then, going independent will be a viable choice. Always good to go with a brand. People; I personally,go to Mr. Biggs and other well known brands not because it is fancy, comfortable, tasteful alone but because there are rules set down by the franchiser(Mr. Biggs) and the franchisee(you) to ensure that food are prepared in a safe, clean environment. The franchiser assumes the role and responsibility for the purchase and delivery of your food produce and poultry.

I'll also advise he should do a questionaire and share around the area, by then he'll knows the view and thoughts of ppl living around there . And he should do a visibility studies too.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Ifyann: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2013
It's better you go with your own brand bc Mr Biggs is no longer vibrant as it use to be. Look for an expert in fast food outlet to help you. I can help with one. Contact me at ifyann4real@yahoo.com
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by josite: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2013
it depends on your funds,your vision.yor determination.if you need quick profit,you buy d mrbiggs franchise but if you can wait to build your own brand and you have the money and time then go independent.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by tellwisdom: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ok we don know sey you go eat fr Mr Biggs undecided
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by zolajpower: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
I WORK WITH SWEET SENSATION IF YOU NEED MY HELP MAN POWER I CAN AN AMPLE OF EXPERT,IN THE AREA CAKE,BREAD AND THE FOOD ASPECT. THE WILL MAKE YOU COMPETE WITHOUT ANY FEAR WITH THE BIG NAMES IN EATRY.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by mitey(m): 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
I'm surprised at some of the comments here. The OP has NO prior experience!

How do you expect him to know how to run his own outfit without first learning how to?

And what better way is there to learn how to run a Fast Food joint than to run an established fast food joint?

@OP, my advice will be to register for any of the franchises of your choice. Select the one that gives the best training and go for it.

After the training, if possible, opt out or cancel your contract. If it's not possible, no problem, use this experience to learn and give up your perfect location.

After getting the training, you can always get other locations which you can apply your training and establish your own outfits.

My two cents.

1 Like

Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Ghidey(m): 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Connoisseur: Hey guys/ladies, I dont know if this topic is better off here or in the business section.

I run a regular business but I identified the need for a fast food store around a developing town close to me. I know the idea will sell cos there isnt any store for miles around.
So, do anyone here know the requirements and qualifications for obtaining a Mr Biggs franchise?

Also for those who are into this kind of business, do you think acquiring a franchise is better or do one start just any fast food outlet in his name?

Thank you
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Winneygirl(f): 7:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
Connoisseur:
I intend to include a very good bar/ joint. cos such dont exist around there too.

The original idea is to get the Biggs franchise, then a bar and carwash beside it and if things go well, a modest hotel within the vicinity.

Thank you for the responses and keep the ideas coming.
I suggest we leave out d Mr. Biggs thng. Start off small.
Start with the food & bar/joint. The more african your dishes are, d beta.
D bar is great especially if it is not so in d open. Guys love to drink. Guys love football.
Cleanliness! Cleanliness!! Cleanliness!!!
From here U will know wat d needs are and peak business period.
It will not make sense having a carwash if Ur highest patronage comes at night.
Let me hear Ur thoughts on these.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by disunriches: 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2013
Like. How much does one need u have. Tu establish a standard eatery.land excluded and averagely howw much profit can one make a day or presume if one is selling very well.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Administrator: 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
@Op, Reach me on creativemide@live.com for details. Regards
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Connoisseur(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
mitey: I'm surprised at some of the comments here. The OP has NO prior experience!

How do you expect him to know how to run his own outfit without first learning how to?

And what better way is there to learn how to run a Fast Food joint than to run an established fast food joint?

@OP, my advice will be to register for any of the franchises of your choice. Select the one that gives the best training and go for it.

After the training, if possible, opt out or cancel your contract. If it's not possible, no problem, use this experience to learn and give up your perfect location.

After getting the training, you can always get other locations which you can apply your training and establish your own outfits.

My two cents.

Thank you for your 2 cents it only makes me think what your dollar would look like
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Ghidey(m): 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
Either you go for franchising or open your restaurants all depends on how well you are able to manage your outfit in terms of staffing,quality,outlet settings etc.
Some mr biggs franchisees are still begging for more shops while few quit.
Its not too easy to start a business and make your brand but its good if you can go tru wat it takes if not u can leverage on a brand.
If u wanna know more about franchising inquire @ uac restaurants ikorodu road,ojota lagos.
You can as well contact us @ jideregal food konsult
08037358353 bb pin:3105e909. We run fast foods/restaurants consultancy firm .
Its not about money but helping you build your business.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by gbengaobaye: 9:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
take franchise you cant regret it if you manage it well and pay attention to details.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Connoisseur(m): 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
Thank you all for your responses, I appreciate them all.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by cityhood: 9:36am On Jul 28, 2013
nicely posted.
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by portacabin: 11:34am On Jul 28, 2013
fast food restaurant biz is a gone business now.
It is quite competitive and needs tens of millions to run. You need a very busy location, not busy as in market area but busy ith highnetworth people around.
It is quite a stressful biz and I will not recommend it to a person without previous knowledge of the biz
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by disunriches: 11:49am On Jul 28, 2013
Howw much willl its cost tu establish one land. Excluded,and ђat the daily profit like
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by goziem: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
I was the staff of mr biggs for 11 years Whatever information you need ask me 07031339817 thanks
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2013
Connoisseur:

thank you for the response. your post was helpful.
But there are still some technical issues not available on the franchise page. Issue like the extent of their contributions and other details. I do not have experience in the food business, so I just wanted a little insight in order to know what am expected of.
guy,u gat to pay 13% of ur audited monthly total sales as royalty n strict adherence to the uacr corporate policies and standards axpected from you..for more info,hola me at x accnt supervisor(2007 to 2011
Connoisseur: Hey guys/ladies, I dont know if this topic is better off here or in the business section.

I run a regular business but I identified the need for a fast food store around a developing town close to me. I know the idea will sell cos there isnt any store for miles around.
So, do anyone here know the requirements and qualifications for obtaining a Mr Biggs franchise?

Also for those who are into this kind of business, do you think acquiring a franchise is better or do one start just any fast food outlet in his name?

Thank you
i can c ur credit got exhausted..i jst confirmed 4rm my ex-boss(Area account controller,ikeja axis) dat it's 13% of d monthly turnover as i told u..feel free to kal me for any info.U wil love it if u own an outlet in MR Bigg's name though it costs.. I can even introduce a tested n trustworthy person who currently is an auditor in UACR to u
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by pulkittrivedi: 9:20am On Sep 16, 2015
http://www.biggboss9live.com/ people are waiting for such a long time. Already http://www.biggboss9live.com/ is going to trending in each and every social media...
Adewunmi84:
guy,u gat to pay 13% of ur audited monthly total sales as royalty n strict adherence to the uacr corporate policies and standards are expected from you..for more info,hola me at 07031368684..ex accnt supervisor(2007 to 2011i can c ur credit got exhausted..i jst confirmed 4rm my ex-boss(Area account controller,ikeja axis) dat it's 13% of d monthly turnover as i told u..feel free to kal me for any info.U wil love it if u own an outlet in MR Bigg's name though it costs.. I can even introduce a tested n trustworthy person who currently is an auditor in UACR to u
Re: Mr Biggs Franchise by ultrazone(m): 5:44pm On May 18, 2016
Tantalizer is a better outfit compared to starting a restaurant franchise

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! / FOREX: FG Orders CBN To Abolish Parallel Market - Leadership / Dangote Features On Nasdaq Tower, New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.