Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) - Fashion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) (51874 Views)

Celestine Queen Wins Miss Congeniality At Miss Universe 2014 / Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) / Africans At Miss World 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nayah(f): 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
France has good chance she s fine
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
hornipipe: on this page and a few yeah, I'll check all pages and tell you what I think.

wink
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sagamite:

I have only seen one pic of Philippines lying down on the bed.

India makes me feel like kissing.

Spain is freaking hot too.

Green bandana girl stands out.

Very cute.

Philippines is a dime, she might win but we won't let her grin lol

Philipines and jAPAN

Philippines

Philippines and a bunch of other girls
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
Guam and Nigeria smiley

Tanzania and Uganda

Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana and Tanzania

Lesotho and Guam

Philippines, Haiti and Cameroon
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by alanmwene: 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
ivory coast stands a serious chance to finish among the top 3.She isn't as beautiful as Leila but she is almost there!I would like to see more pictures of the Guinean girl!

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
alanmwene: ivory coast stands a serious chance to finish among the top 3.She isn't as beautiful as Leila but she is almost there!I would like to see more pictures of the Guinean girl!

Leila is too beautiful

Leila >> Aissata, although she is very cute, i think it's her personality that will bring her far, she doesn't seem to be anti-social like the previous misses CIV

The Guinean miss is beautiful facially, however that weave she has on her head is killing her beauty, it was wrongly done undecided

Miss Guinee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-YZ3QWWJeU
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
Gabon and Cameroon

Botswana grin damn!

smiley smiley smiley

Cote d'Ivoire <3
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nayah(f): 8:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
Cameroon and Cote d Ivoire

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nayah(f): 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
France and Cameroon

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by onila(f): 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
lelia lopez = nothing special

this is the only nice photo of her I have seen

[img]http://soshitech.files./2013/02/leila-lopes-miss-universe.jpg[/img]
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nayah(f): 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
I totally disagree Miss Onila smiley
Leila is the beauty combine with grace it s about a whole package not just face... That s why I always talk about charm cause this is what it makes you standing out

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by onila(f): 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
agbani darego is so much better to me. .she got the personality and Naija SWAGGER
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by BlackKenichi(m): 9:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sybellah: Europeans bomb to beat angry

Georgia

Kosovo (left)

France

Spain

My fave European Miss World contestants are Miss' France, Spain, Czech Rep, Netherlands and Gibraltar! grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nayah(f): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
onila: agbani darego is so much better to me. .she got the personality and Naija SWAGGER
Disagree on that two different beauties
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by BlackKenichi(m): 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
Miss Gibraltar 2013 - Maroua Kharbouch

She is too fine! shocked shocked shocked kiss kiss kiss

She's also of Moroccan descent!

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by alanmwene: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sybellah:

Leila is too beautiful

Leila >> Aissata, although she is very cute, i think it's her personality that will bring her far, she doesn't seem to be anti-social like the previous misses CIV

The Guinean miss is beautiful facially, however that weave she has on her head is killing her beauty, it was wrongly done undecided

lGuinee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-YZ3QWWJeU
Beautiful,but wasup with black women and their silly obsession with fake white hair?

3 Likes

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Black Kenichi: Miss Gibraltar 2013 - Maroua Kharbouch

She is too fine! shocked shocked shocked kiss kiss kiss

She's also of Moroccan descent!

Maaan, i forgot about her, that mami is fiiiiine but so underrated, spain, france and philippines get all the attention
I think Poland and Georgia aint bad
and China, I don't like, i think she bleaches her skin angry
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
alanmwene:
Beautiful,but wasup with black women and their silly obsession with fake white hair?

I wish she didnt have this silly weave on, she spoiled her awesomeness undecided
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 10:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
My thoughts exactly. How can you compete against the people you are trying to copy? Just imagine the thoughts in the other girls' heads. Of course they will feel "superior" plus extra boosts of confidence. Our black girls still look stunning though. They could have been OUTSTANDING however.

alanmwene:

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by alanmwene: 10:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
ThaProphet: My thoughts exactly. How can you compete against the people you are trying to copy? Just imagine the thoughts in the other girls' heads. Of course they will feel "superior" plus extra boosts of confidence. Our black girls still look stunning though. They could have been OUTSTANDING however.

What these black girls don't understand is that judges don't care for the size of their weaves,they want to see natural beauty.Too much fake hairs make them look very cheap and says a lot about their self esteem issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeyBIysrNI0

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Miss Nigeria is finally showing herself.
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 12:10am On Sep 07, 2013
Exactly. It is a platform to showcase your own beauty. All other girls are rocking their own hair but Afrikans are wearing copies (poorly made copies at that) of other people's hair. The issue is deep. Now Miss Tanzania in the video you posted exemplifies pure natural beauty...she's beautiful.

alanmwene:
What these black girls don't understand is that judges don't care for the size of their weaves,they want to see natural beauty.Too much fake hairs make them look very cheap and says a lot about their self esteem issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeyBIysrNI0
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 07, 2013
ThaProphet: My thoughts exactly. How can you compete against the people you are trying to copy? Just imagine the thoughts in the other girls' heads. Of course they will feel "superior" plus extra boosts of confidence. Our black girls still look stunning though. They could have been OUTSTANDING however.

Lol @ superior, beauty pageant is beyond hair. Nobody cares for that. Only black men are fixated on hair, rotflmao. In fact everyone on that stage would have an extension attached to her hair either white or black. The finishing product is all that matters.

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 07, 2013
ThaProphet: Exactly. It is a platform to showcase your own beauty. All other girls are rocking their own hair but Afrikans are wearing copies (poorly made copies at that) of other people's hair. The issue is deep. Now Miss Tanzania in the video you posted exemplifies pure natural beauty...she's beautiful.

It's not a platform is showcase your own beauty, hard truth. Unfortunately, it's a platform to showcase a 'standardized' beauty. If it were about Africa's own beauty, our representatives shouldn't be skinny or lanky.
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 07, 2013
stillwater:

Lol @ superior, beauty pageant is beyond hair. Nobody cares for that. Only black men are fixated on hair, rotflmao. In fact everyone on that stage would have an extension attached to her hair either white or black. The finishing product is all that matters.

this is where u are wrong. they got there because they are the so called most beautiful African girls. so in our head the most beautiful Africans are the one looking like Caucasians right? smh
your self hate is so much that u are now trying to put the blame on BLack/African men , now tell me the difference between bleaching and fakehair?

1 Like

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 07, 2013
stillwater:

It's not a platform is showcase your own beauty, hard truth. Unfortunately, it's a platform to showcase a 'standardized' beauty. If it were about Africa's own beauty, our representatives shouldn't be skinny or lanky.
false there are this way because of self hate ..your African places are already reserved no one will refuse Africans because they rock their natural hair .. there is no way an African will win so standardized ko, white wannabes ni ...u all are bunch of self haters, unsecure .

I don't see African men wearing weaves to answer the call of a pseudo standardized beauty ...
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 12:38am On Sep 07, 2013
What exactly is the finished product that you talk about, if I may ask?

stillwater:

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: this is where u are wrong. they got there because they are the so called most beautiful African girls. so in our head the most beautiful Africans are the one looking like Caucasians right? smh
your self hate is so much that u are now trying to put the blame on BLack/African men , now tell me the difference between bleaching and fakehair?

Absolutelyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I know it's very very hard to swallow.
The pageant is an European construct, managed by White people. There is a standardized, general and acceptable statistic of what beauty is in the World not only Africa which comprises of white colored tinted glasses of the Europeans, Americans, Australians, Asians.

If Africans are really really serious about promoting what is beauty to the African, those our skinny and lanky reps should NOT be there. So enough of the RANTING on weave talks.
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 07, 2013
ThaProphet: What exactly is the finished product that you talk about, if I may ask?

This is a finished product of a weave, wig, extension well put together.

Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 07, 2013
stillwater:

Absolutelyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I know it's very very hard to swallow.
The pageant is an European construct, managed by White people. There is a standardized, general and acceptable statistic of what beauty is in the World not only Africa which comprises of white colored tinted glasses of the Europeans, Americans, Australians, Asians.

If Africans are really really serious about promoting what is beauty to the African, those our skinny and lanky reps should NOT be there. So enough of the RANTING on weave talks.
u are not making sense unfortunately..the African places/spots are already reserved whether u go bald or with natural hair there is no way they will reject our candidates, so stop putting the blame on white people for your own insecurity, stop blaming African men for your self hate ...there are preliminaries in each country this is where lie the problem....girls with fake hair shouldn't b accepted .period
anyway I hope none of u win anything.
Re: Africans At Miss World 2013 (Coverage) by ThaProphet(m): 12:47am On Sep 07, 2013
Well, you are right. It is about standardized beauty which is unfortunately European. That is the problem exactly right there. You get Africans trying to fit into that standard which obviously does not suit them and automatically sets them back before the competition starts. Like you said, the pageants are beyond hair and beauty. It is also about self confidence and esteem which is lost once you put a weave on your head. Let's wait for an Afrikan winner with a weave on and then continue the conversation.

stillwater:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Who Went To A Mall In Just Thongs "Pants" (Photo) / Male Beautician Who Transformed From Black To White (Photos) / How Do You Get Rid Of Chicken Pox Scars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.