Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

I'm Fed Up - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Fed Up (4392 Views)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / I'm Fed Up!! / I'm Fed Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Fed Up by biolabee(m): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2013
This is pure irresponsibility and I support what tv01 n bellong said

A man does not run from his own home

You have to brace yourself mentally

Reach out to your other support networks - your family, church,

Start saving your own money

Dont get pregnant again

It is well with you
Re: I'm Fed Up by EfemenaXY: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
Yetty, this is a heartbreaking story to read and I can see you're very upset about this. My main concern NOW is your emotional well-being, not just for your sake but also, for that of your children too...so I'll start by giving you some sisterly advice to treat the immediate symptoms first, then later we can look for a solution to the root cause of your problem.

yettey24: I need time off my marriage. I'm really tired. I have lived my life for this home. I need to be respected, I need to be appreciated. Enough is enough, I have tried n tried. I cant take it anymore. I have done n been through what alot of women wouldn't take. I want to leave, I really do (*crying*). cry

Pls Yetty, dry your eyes and listen to what I have to say...

yettey24: After work I stay on feet till past 10pm taking care of the kids, n he thinks it's okay for him to come home at almost 1am, ok fine we fought over this for years now n he wont let me be, he disturbs my sleep with his knocks n his searching for things at that time of the night. Its after 3am and I can't sleep back- still awake, im nursing, im overworked, im stressed, so why is he adding more to my stress.

Sleep, unbroken sleep is very necessary for your well being, moreso as you're a nursing mother with a baby that probably wakes up several times during the night at odd hours.

~ Make sure your husband always has a spare set of keys to the front door of your home and also to your bedroom. That way, even if he chooses to come home just before the c0ck crows at dawn, he won't have to wake you up with persistent knocking. He drives, so make sure both keys are attached to his car keys with a good key ring. That way, it's unlikely he'll lose his.

~ I'd like to believe you've got more than just one bedroom in your home. If so, then consider moving out into the spare room with your baby. Make sure that room is devoid of any of your husband's things. That way, he'll have no excuse to come a-crashing into your room looking for this or that in the wee hours of the morning.

~ Organize his personal belongings: Additionally, today being Saturday, if you can, find the strength to arrange and put his room in order. You might really have to roll up your sleeves on this one by hanging his suits, shirts, agbada, etc with hangers in his wardrobe. Go one step further by sorting them via their colours ranging from lightest (whites) to the darkest (black). That way, drunk or not, he'll be able to find what sort of clothes he wants. Fold his ties, socks and underwear (boxer shorts) in separate drawers. Separate drawers, babes, so even if he messes them up while rummaging through the drawers, at least he'll know exactly where each item of clothing is.

~ Do the same thing for his paper work. Be his secretary. Arrange his papers in neat files and stack them out of the children's reach. Do the same for his books. Keep a separate folder exclusively for his receipts. Get a holder or even an old mug / plastic cup to store his stationary (pens, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, rulers, file punches, paper clips, rubber bands, glue sticks, staplers, etc) Store them neatly in your table/desk drawers in his room and lock up, with the keys within reach for him.

~ Make absolutely sure his room is completely clear of any clutter. Sweep, mop and disinfect when you're through and then LOCK UP. Make sure your kids don't go in there to play. It should be a no-go zone. I know this might sound extreme but sometimes, even in marriages, couples do need their personal space. Remember, you're doing this for him and also for your peace of mind. When he sees that he's got his own personal area with his things neatly arranged, it'll help reduce the noise generated from him knocking about in at ungodly hours searching for lord knows what. It'll also give you peace of mind too. You'll also be saved the discomfort of breathing in his alcoholic breath too and he'll have the peace and quiet to sleep it off.

I know this might sound strange but remember, as a nursing mother (I'm assuming you're breastfeeding your baby?), the last thing you need is stress. To much stress can make your milk supply dry up and that's the last thing you or your baby need, trust me.

yettey24: I wish I had somewhere to go with my kids. I need a break.

Then take a break girl. See if you can take some time off work. When you have, make arrangements with your mum/family members to look after the older kids for some time. Use that time to put your feet up. We all deserve to have some 'me time'. You need it to recharge your batteries AND to give you a break. Sometimes, just taking yourself out of a stressful situation for a while helps you view things with a fresher perspective. That would also give your husband some time to himself. Let see how long and how well he'll cope without you. But before you do that, make him aware that you plan on spending some time visiting your folks. Let him know calmly and do not tell him this in annoyance.

yettey24: He has such a beautiful family, a wife who stood by him during his rough times, who supported him wholly, who contributed the most to who he is today.
All i asked for,is to come home at a decent time, to come home early. Why does he want to destroy his home.
I wish I had a place to move to with my kids. He almost beat me up- I need to leave. I don't know where to start from and where to go. I can't tell my parents, they will be heart broken- I'm just depressed now. He has threatened to beat me twice now. I'm scared, I can't cope oooo. This is really emotional for me.
Pls help me.

~ Like others have cautioned, do not let things degenerate between you both, to the point where he raises his hands against you. Avoid potentially explosive situations. You know your man best and should know what ticks him off. Make sure you don't then.

~ Re the bolded bit: I think you're going through Post Natal Depression (PND). How old is your baby? This is all the more reason why you need to talk to someone who will listen to you without giving you biased judgement. Bottling things up won't do you any good. I'm not asking you to tell them things that would set them against your husband. Talk to the mature, calm family members who you know will give you level headed advice. Avoid gra-gra stuff. It won't do you any favours. He is your man and at the end of the day, you and you only have to live with him, not the others.

Then for the future, you really need to look deep within you and your husband to find out what the root cause of his problems are. If there are no underlying issues like him doing what he's currently doing to avoid you and his home (quarells? arguments? nagging?) Then your hubby never ever really let go of his carefree bachelor days, is immature and yet to grow up.

Some people have the mentality of work hard, play hard...which seems to be what your husband is doing, meaning he might be a spend thrift. If that's the case, then you really need to look towards setting something aside for a rainy day...but that can be addressed later.

For now, follow the advice I've given you (i.e for treating the immediate symptoms). If you see any positive changes in him, then good on you. Take it from there and try finding a way to let him know (when he's in a good mood) the pains his actions are causing you and how you really, really want to make things work well between you both. Find someone whom your husband respects (preferably an unbiased, older person whose been married), and seek their council. They just might be able to get through to him.

I hope it works out well for you. Take heart and be strong.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
TV01:

That is patently untrue, unless you proceed without due care and are reckless in your approach. Please try not to put fear into people with ill-considered statements.

Which fear undecided

Dont bad things happen to good people and vice versa. Are all people in bad marriages bad choosers and bad people?

How come I got a good man? Did I go to baba alawo to get mine or was I on Mountain of Fire fasting and praying for a whole year? Am I any better than any of the poor women going through hell at the hands of their men. Is it not the grace of God. Next you will tell me that they didnt pray enough before getting married!

Yes some of it is due diligence and some of it is pure hit and miss and the Mr Right you choose 5 years ago can change to Mr Wrong. Give some people some loose change in their pocket and see how they totally change. You can never fully know the person you live with . . NEVER!!! Why because we never really know ourselves until faces with certain situations.

Pls lets stop blaming people all the time when they find themselves in difficult situations. I certainly didnt have those "before we get married 200 point project plan" meetings that so many people seem to endorse on this section and we are doing fine. Most of us only matured in the marriage anyway. What did we know about life before we got married and started having responsibility ourselves and for other people?

It is Grace . . and not because we were super clever

3 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
What a man! He only sees the wife as an incubatin machine and one to massage his ego and d wife indulges him!
A man is free to hang out with boys sometimes but not everyday even at d detriment of d spouse's health. highest form of irresponsibility!is he actually hangin out with boys?
Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
Gaggi:

I didn't generalize, I only brought out other reasons, learn to read.and comprehend. Sorry abt ur sis bad luck.
You too should learn to talk without being rude.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
Efemena_xy: Yetty, this is a heartbreaking story to read and I can see you're very upset about this. My main concern NOW is your emotional well-being, not just for your sake but also, for that of your children too...so I'll start by giving you some sisterly advice to treat the immediate symptoms first, then later we can look for a solution to the root cause of your problem.

Pls Yetty, dry your eyes and listen to what I have to say...

Sleep, unbroken sleep is very necessary for your well being, moreso as you're a nursing mother with a baby that probably wakes up several times during the night at odd hours.

~ Make sure your husband always has a spare set of keys to the front door of your home and also to your bedroom. That way, even if he chooses to come home just before the c0ck crows at dawn, he won't have to wake you up with persistent knocking. He drives, so make sure both keys are attached to his car keys with a good key ring. That way, it's unlikely he'll lose his.

~ I'd like to believe you've got more than just one bedroom in your home. If so, then consider moving out into the spare room with your baby. Make sure that room is devoid of any of your husband's things. That way, he'll have no excuse to come a-crashing into your room looking for this or that in the wee hours of the morning.

~ Organize his personal belongings: Additionally, today being Saturday, if you can, find the strength to arrange and put his room in order. You might really have to roll up your sleeves on this one by hanging his suits, shirts, agbada, etc with hangers in his wardrobe. Go one step further by sorting them via their colours ranging from lightest (whites) to the darkest (black). That way, drunk or not, he'll be able to find what sort of clothes he wants. Fold his ties, socks and underwear (boxer shorts) in separate drawers. Separate drawers, babes, so even if he messes them up while rummaging through the drawers, at least he'll know exactly where each item of clothing is.

~ Do the same thing for his paper work. Be his secretary. Arrange his papers in neat files and stack them out of the children's reach. Do the same for his books. Keep a separate folder exclusively for his receipts. Get a holder or even an old mug / plastic cup to store his stationary (pens, pencils, erasers, sharpeners, rulers, file punches, paper clips, rubber bands, glue sticks, staplers, etc) Store them neatly in your table/desk drawers in his room and lock up, with the keys within reach for him.

~ Make absolutely sure his room is completely clear of any clutter. Sweep, mop and disinfect when you're through and then LOCK UP. Make sure your kids don't go in there to play. It should be a no-go zone. I know this might sound extreme but sometimes, even in marriages, couples do need their personal space. Remember, you're doing this for him and also for your peace of mind. When he sees that he's got his own personal area with his things neatly arranged, it'll help reduce the noise generated from him knocking about in at ungodly hours searching for lord knows what. It'll also give you peace of mind too. You'll also be saved the discomfort of breathing in his alcoholic breath too and he'll have the peace and quiet to sleep it off.

I know this might sound strange but remember, as a nursing mother (I'm assuming you're breastfeeding your baby?), the last thing you need is stress. To much stress can make your milk supply dry up and that's the last thing you or your baby need, trust me.

Then take a break girl. See if you can take some time off work. When you have, make arrangements with your mum/family members to look after the older kids for some time. Use that time to put your feet up. We all deserve to have some 'me time'. You need it to recharge your batteries AND to give you a break. Sometimes, just taking yourself out of a stressful situation for a while helps you view things with a fresher perspective. That would also give your husband some time to himself. Let see how long and how well he'll cope without you. But before you do that, make him aware that you plan on spending some time visiting your folks. Let him know calmly and do not tell him this in annoyance.

~ Like others have cautioned, do not let things degenerate between you both, to the point where he raises his hands against you. Avoid potentially explosive situations. You know your man best and should know what ticks him off. Make sure you don't then.

~ Re the bolded bit: I think you're going through Post Natal Depression (PND). How old is your baby? This is all the more reason why you need to talk to someone who will listen to you without giving you biased judgement. Bottling things up won't do you any good. I'm not asking you to tell them things that would set them against your husband. Talk to the mature, calm family members who you know will give you level headed advice. Avoid gra-gra stuff. It won't do you any favours. He is your man and at the end of the day, you and you only have to live with him, not the others.

Then for the future, you really need to look deep within you and your husband to find out what the root cause of his problems are. If there are no underlying issues like him doing what he's currently doing to avoid you and his home (quarells? arguments? nagging?) Then your hubby never ever really let go of his carefree bachelor days, is immature and yet to grow up.

Some people have the mentality of work hard, play hard...which seems to be what your husband is doing, meaning he might be a spend thrift. If that's the case, then you really need to look towards setting something aside for a rainy day...but that can be addressed later.

For now, follow the advice I've given you (i.e for treating the immediate symptoms). If you see any positive changes in him, then good on you. Take it from there and try finding a way to let him know (when he's in a good mood) the pains his actions are causing you and how you really, really want to make things work well between you both. Find someone whom your husband respects (preferably an unbiased, older person whose been married), and seek their council. They just might be able to get through to him.

I hope it works out well for you. Take heart and be strong.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
honey86:
You too should learn to talk without being rude.

Rude in what way? Ur 'saint' of a sister married a devil, dat to me is bad luck.
People should look before leaping. I told myself before marriage, if my wife ever changes, I'd blame myself for being fooled into thinking I married a saint. I wouldn't blame her. We enjoy blaming others but ourselves.

1 Like

Re: I'm Fed Up by biolabee(m): 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
Efe .. I appreciate your care for this woman
Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Gaggi:

Rude in what way? Ur 'saint' of a sister married a devil, dat to me is bad luck.
People should look before leaping. I told myself before marriage, if my wife ever changes, I'd blame myself for being fooled into thinking I married a saint. I wouldn't blame her. We enjoy blaming others but ourselves.
I wasn't talking about that aspect of your statement. I was talking about the 'learn to read and comprehend' bit.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
honey86:
I wasn't talking about that aspect of your statement. I was talking about the 'learn to read and comprehend' bit.

Enough already.
Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Not even an apology? and we wonder what is wrong with this country. smh.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by EfemenaXY: 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
biolabee: Efe .. I appreciate your care for this woman

Thanks.

Only just trying to encourage her. Her spirit's down and needs to be uplifted. I only hope my advice is of some help to her.

1 Like

Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
honey86: Not even an apology? and we wonder what is wrong with this country. smh.

An apology indeed, when I was thinking u would go dust up ur Pry school comprehension books.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
honey86: Not even an apology? and we wonder what is wrong with this country. smh.

Lol, Nigerian Men! Nigerian Men!! Change o! cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Gaggi:

An apology indeed, when I was thinking u would go dust up ur Pry school comprehension books.
I know your type, you are no better than all those abusive men out there. I just hope you change before you make your future wife's life miserable. Mtchew. I'm out of here Biko, frustrated man flexing e-muscle.

6 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
honey86:
I know your type, you are no better than all those abusive men out there. I just hope you change before you make your future wife's life miserable. Mtchew. I'm out of here Biko, frustrated man flexing e-muscle.
Lol...d type of woman who will want her husband to be her toy boy. Unfortunately for u my wife has d best husband ever.

I tried to teach u d essence of thinking before writing, instead of thanking me u went on spewing nonsense.
Apology indeed? Go and hire an English butler since u like prim and proper.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
God bless Efe for that advice.
Some lil adjustments here and there and she'll be good to go, at least, the man has not started beating her yet, that's still a good part to the story. embarassed
op, i hope God sees you through this.
Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ha Ha!!! who are the people liking insults embarassed

Honey and gaggi its okay ooooooooooooo.

lets spare a thought for yetty and what she is going though and pls lets not derail her thread pls kiss
Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
Noted.
Re: I'm Fed Up by honeric01(m): 2:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chei, marriage o... wahala.
Re: I'm Fed Up by biolabee(m): 2:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
alutacontinua: God bless Efe for that advice.
Some lil adjustments here and there and she'll be good to go, at least, the man has not started beating her yet, that's still a good part to the story. embarassed
op, i hope God sees you through this.

Amin
Re: I'm Fed Up by EfemenaXY: 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chillisauce:

Hot pepper.

You quoted all of that, just to tell me say you dey sleep for palour?? shocked shocked
Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Hot pepper.

You quoted all of that, just to tell me say you dey sleep for palour?? shocked shocked

grin am sorry, I stated reading but fell asleep!

Good point!

Am still yet to finish
Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
Madam Efe,that's why I likeable u.
What more can we add.u gave her sound counselling.
Anger won't even let me think deep. That man wanna spoil my day.

Poster,it will be ok.no matter how bad it is,u can still hv that ur dream marriage with ur dream man.pls ask for God's wisdom in any action u r going to take.
Once again,I honestly feel ur pain
Re: I'm Fed Up by yettey24: 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
Thank you everyone. He doesn't deserve this family and all the goods things that comes with it. I'm moving on.
Thank God he painted his true colours to my family himself. my family is now aware.
They asked me what a man with a very beautiful family does out that late. They are scared for me. They pray he doesn't bring diseases with no cure to the family. And I was warned on what I said- that, is that what he saw growing up? and he doesn't deserve all these good things God gave him. I'm going to take a break from this environment. I know that decision is going to shock my family.

Thank you for advices.
I'm moving on. Thank you all. May God bless your homes.
Re: I'm Fed Up by biolabee(m): 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
Pls wat does moving on mean ...
Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
yettey24: Thank you everyone. He doesn't deserve this family and all the goods things that comes with it. I'm moving on.
Thank God he painted his true colours to my family himself. my family is now aware.
They asked me what a man with a very beautiful family does out that late. They are scared for me. They pray he doesn't bring diseases with no cure to the family. And I was warned on what I said- that, is that what he saw growing up? and he doesn't deserve all these good things God gave him. I'm going to take a break from this environment. I know that decision is going to shock my family.

Thank you for advices.

Take it easy dear, just go for a break and clear your head!

If he is serious he will look for you, then you give your own condition. Wish you the best!
Re: I'm Fed Up by TV01(m): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
CC,

You posted something wrong and without context. I simply pointed that out. By all means query or rebut my point, but l histrionics and disingenuity do not speak well of you or serve viewers on this board. I'll respond for the sake of the more impressionable that may read.

chaircover: Which fear undecided

Observe closely and you'll see the concern voiced by many - particularly those yet to wed - on this board. I feel that those that properly understand and/or enjoy marriage should do our utmost to allay those fears. Your statement was simply untrue and irresponsible.

chaircover: Dont bad things happen to good people and vice versa. Are all people in bad marriages bad choosers and bad people?

Has anyone said any different? I repeat "Marriage is not hit or miss" and is very much dependent on our understanding, preparation and choices. Correctly done, risk is quite minimal.

chaircover: How come I got a good man? Did I go to baba alawo to get mine or was I on Mountain of Fire fasting and praying for a whole year?

But you did do something didn't you? Thank God that our posting histories are before us. Do I need to remind you about the bad traits you found in previous suitors - that led to your ending relationships - prior to meeting your husband and the good qualities he possesses that made you proceed! All of that you posted on this board. And I dare say you probably involved your family at some point?

Or did you play the popular "hit or miss" husband lotto, perhaps just grab the first guy of the street? Why look beyond the bad for the good if it's makes no difference?

Prayer & fasting for a whole year? Mountain of fire? You sound like you're set on justifying your error, even if you have to sneakily resort to extremes to do so. If one believes in God, is He outside or uncaring of our marriages? Is He unable to perfect them and us. I only ever point to God in instances where posters make a point of faith. Is your self-professed Christianity a moot point?

chaircover:
Am I any better than any of the poor women going through hell at the hands of their men. Is it not the grace of God. Next you will tell me that they didnt pray enough before getting married!

How pious of you - plus a dash of empathy - will definitely play well. Yes, it's always women, it's always hell.

Painfully contradictory. Which is it, "the grace of God" or "hit and miss"? Or is it Gods grace that is hit or miss? As to the needless "pray enough" remark, like I said, our posting histories are on record. Try and rise above slyness.

chaircover:
Yes some of it is due diligence and some of it is pure hit and miss

Contradictory and erratic? You can't even agree with yourself. So far you've added grace and due dilligence to your "hit or miss". Let's dedicate a new category in your honour; there's right, wrong and now courtesy of CC there's "inconsistently wrong"

chaircover:
and the Mr Right you choose 5 years ago can change to Mr Wrong.

Yes 0! Overnight he can go from loving and caring, to a trying to immolate you, dragging you across the floor by your hair and generally making Hannibal Lecter appear well-adjusted.

chaircover:
Give some people some loose change in their pocket and see how they totally change. You can never fully know the person you live with . . NEVER!!! Why because we never really know ourselves until faces with certain situations.

But your husband is a good man yes? Or is that something you need to re-assess daily?

chaircover:
Pls lets stop blaming people all the time when they find themselves in difficult situations.

We can do better than that. Let's not set any expectations, lets spread ill-considered and damaging clichés. Let's go even further. We can overlook destructive behaviour and ignore bad choices and simply toss any notions of responsibility or accountability out the window. After all, it's one chance? Counsel sef is pointless. It's just a gamble.

chaircover:
I certainly didnt have those "before we get married 200 point project plan" meetings that so many people seem to endorse on this section and we are doing fine.

Of course not, you walked into it backwards, blindfolded and with your hands tied. And you still managed to pin the tail on the donkey. Are you Irish by any chance ?

chaircover:
Most of us only matured in the marriage anyway. What did we know about life before we got married and started having responsibility ourselves and for other people?

Desperation sets in. Everyone "grows into marriage". Does that mean it is good to be married absent maturity? What on earth are you on about?

chaircover: It is Grace . . and not because we were super clever

Grace? Is that Gaelic? Whence cometh grace?

So once again, please be more considered when you post in future and considerate of the readership, some of whom are quite impressionable. Further, try and be humble enough to stand corrected. You are not averse to calling out error yourself. And believe me if it wasn't to encourage others, I wouldn't dignify this nonsense with a reply.

And finally, marriage is not "hit or miss". It's a God given institution which if entered into with a degree of maturity, understanding and the right preparation and support will be the most blessed, rewarding and fulfilling thing you ever do.

TV

6 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2013
^^^^^^

WOW . . . all this for me!!!! I am flattered o! infact very very flattered undecided

Unfortunately I dont read or digest posts that dissect other peoples posts line by line. it shows a warped sense of arrogance and "I too know". Learn to take the speck out of your eye before removing other peoples lipsrsealed

Ive said what I need to say on the issue. I repeat!!!! bad things can happen to good people and not all people in bad marriages are guilty of not doing their homework properly.

BTW You dont have to agree with me & so sorry I haven't given you an opportunity to take this thread into triple digits with you just going round in circles. Go practice your skills on someone else . . .ta ra cool

9 Likes

Re: I'm Fed Up by vanitty: 5:53am On Jul 29, 2013
Do one thing, does he have a key? When he comes home late, ignore him. Just ignore his total existence. Act nonchalant towards his ways. Don't nag him, don't even question him.

Focus your attention on your children. Take pictures, put frame up, create happy memories with your children. In passing, when he happens to be at home, talk subtly about what the family did today, let him know what he is missing.

You, yourself, have a purpose again that he just happens to be A PART of. Don't let your whole existence revolve around him. STOP WAITING FOR HIM. Call him once just to make sure he is okay but not more.

As for the violence, nip it in the bud, the first time he even threatens to touch you, create so much ruckus that he won't even dare think of it again.
Re: I'm Fed Up by maclatunji: 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
Awww...

OP, reduce the tension by resisting the urge to be confrontational with him- you don't want to get beaten-up or commit manslaughter. Start taking practical steps to maintain your sanity:

1. Give him his own keys so that he can enter whenever he saunters in (shameful though).

2. Can you change your room so as to get some decent sleep?

3. Do the basics required of you as a wife, don't overwork yourself on your already busy schedule.

4. Think long and hard about whoever you think it is can begin to talk some sense into your husband. Find that person and go and do what you just did in your first post. Let the person handle it from there.

5. Pray- it does help.

6. Be pragmatic, don't allow yourself die of an unhappy marriage. If after doing all of these things, your husband still does not change, you might have to take drastic actions. I am not talking of divorce (yet), a weekend-off at your parents. Sending your kids to their grandparents for a while for you to ease some tension and at least sleep during weekends (Get his consent one way or the other)? Report him for mandatory marriage counseling and things like that.
Re: I'm Fed Up by taryour(f): 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
yettey24: Thank you everyone. He doesn't deserve this family and all the goods things that comes with it. I'm moving on.

Thank you for advices.

My dear namesake,I really feel your pain and wish you the very best. though I really don't have an advice now but I put you in my prayers and pray to God to guide you in taking the right steps. It is well with you and your kids.

(1) (2) (3)

Fiancé Family / I Want To Report A Case Of Child Abuse, How Do I Go About It? / I Wish My Life Partner Would Be Rich & Wealthy Who Loves Only Myself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.