Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? (699 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Is A Green Snake Under The Green Grass – Obasanjo / Fani-Kayode Warns Lai Mohammed: 'Stop Insulting PDP Or I Will Spank You' / Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? by thegame(m): 3:29am On Jul 27, 2013
before i begin this article, i will like to say the little i know about Nigerian politics. PDP, everyone believes, is a non-functioning political party full of thieves and most people will like to believe PDP is a party for the crooked.
meanwhile, i think the whole ACN is being run by former Lagos governor and no matter what anyone tries to do, the former governor's wishes must come first.
First, the current governor of lagos is anti-poor people. you will never know this for sure till you have fallen into the traps set for the poor. he banned bikes, supposed plans to ban tricycles are being rumoured and then dont even try to forget the thugs posing as LASTMA and KAI officials. for God's sake, these lagos government uniformed men act like gods whenever they are in uniform and they do whatever they want to do to whichever unlucky victim falls in their traps.

second, 2015 is coming and i will like to believe i cant vote ACN or APC or whatever party the former Lagos governor belongs at the presidential level. he will just keep getting greedier. even in Lagos, ACN doesnt have my vote anymore because the former governor practically runs it. the Local government chairmen are loyal to the former governor, not Fashola himself. this explains why inner street roads are left abandoned and officials promise to work on it if their party is re-elected. this former governor has a lot of rumoured assets all over Lagos and one begins to wonder if he isnt the richest man in Africa afterall, all as a result of taxpayers' money.

anyone that has been arrested by lastma and/or VIO officials can testify to this: sometimes, these people are sent out on sham enforcement operations to make sure they meet a specific target in revenue.now, tell me how these officials will be reasonable with Lagosians when higher authority has made it compulsory for them to meet a target within days. for instance, LASTMA officials have been raiding Ikeja at will since Monday and ridiculously towing vehicles even in zones with no "no parking" signs whatsoever, so whether you wait for 10 seconds or you park for 10 minutes, even the slightest mistake that needs just an act of correction will be booked and ticketed with a 50k fine. this is ridiculous as i'm yet to see the reason behind a 50k fine as a parking ticket(wilful obstruction, according to their books).

it is no lie that PDP isnt the best political party in Nigeria today but if no new political party that truly has the people's interest at heart comes up and of course,with a credible candidate, i dont think ACN is the best for us at all. ACN is auctioning their states and only one man decides who takes what.

1 Like

Re: Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:46am On Jul 27, 2013
Just passing
Re: Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? by luvinhubby(m): 4:16am On Jul 27, 2013
Consider also ACN/APC tribal bias, sealing Igbo dominated markets for trumped-up charges & demanding for settlement to the tune of millions of naira.
Today we understand why & who most likely killed Funsho Williams.
Re: Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? by kkkp: 5:19am On Jul 27, 2013
ACN is far better..check out d development under ACN governors in d SW...
PDP is a killer party
PDP brought corruption
Papa deceive pikin(pdp)
Pikin deceive papa(pdp)
People destroying party(pdp)
People deceiving people(pdp)
People damaging progress(pdp)
Poor developmental people(pdp)

1 Like

Re: Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? by softwareman(m): 8:57am On Jul 27, 2013
THANK GOD AS WE ENGINEERS SAY, THERE ARE A COUPLE OF BENCHMARK TO USE.

OSUN STATE
PDP: 2003 TO 2011 8 YEARS.
ACN 2011 TO DATE 3 YRS APR

ALSO USE EKITI, OGUN, OYO
LET START WITH PERFORMANCE BENCHMARK.
THE PURPOSE HERE IS TO DO APLE TO APPLE SCIENTIFIC COMPARISON. LET'S LEAVE ALL SUBJECTIVE CONJECTURES FOR NOW..
Re: Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? by bloggernaija: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2013
All ACN state are peaceful and growing.
A lot of work is being put into their infrastructure and
All ACN governors are all concentrating on governance unlike PDP
all fee dee fee governors seem to have shifted their residence to Abuja.
Instead of governing, they are already thinking about 2015.
Re: Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? by thegame(m): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
kkkp: ACN is far better..check out d development under ACN governors in d SW...
PDP is a killer party
PDP brought corruption
Papa deceive pikin(pdp)
Pikin deceive papa(pdp)
People destroying party(pdp)
People deceiving people(pdp)
People damaging progress(pdp)
Poor developmental people(pdp)
I don't see making 1km roads and tolling citizens for it as development. They are practically widening the gap between the rich and the poor and making us pay more for them doing their jobs.
If PDP. Is a killer party, what happens to ACN which is the thuggery Party? Is one any better than the other, really?
I don't see ACN as having any better infrastructure than PDP states because its all propaganda. I mean what kinda governor decides to build fence to surround a major road in The capital, as in the case of Osun? Osun state governor is demolishing buildings in the capital and using loans to build new roads meanwhile putting the coming generation and administration in huge debts and we say ACN is working.
And still, forget not that If the godfather doesn't approve the works, its never going to see the light of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? by funmike83(f): 4:30am On Nov 17, 2013
ACN is the worst government. Just check out Oyo state for example. Everywhere is dry. There is no money except for the few pple in government. Everything revolves round the governor his wife and the finance commissioner. Every other person in that government is a figure head. I just pity Oyo state if they are allowed for 2nd term. What he did by demolishing shops and houses without compensation, by sacking thousands of workers, (teachers esp) by not empowering the youth unlike Akala govt, by closing the overhead bridge in secretariat restricting it to himselve alone are tip of the iceberg. They want to be everywhere at d same time by overseeing everything themselves instead of delegating it to someone. They are misers( no wondermost of them are short). I hate ACN with a passion. They are capitalist. They don't consider the masses atall and they re set of arrogant, shrewd and mean pple. The wives inclusive. Pdp is still better oooo compare to dis heartless ACN
Re: Is ACN Any Better Than PDP Or Just A Snake Under The Green Grass? by funmike83(f): 4:36am On Nov 17, 2013
bloggernaija: All ACN state are peaceful and growing.
A lot of work is being put into their infrastructure and
All ACN governors are all concentrating on governance unlike PDP
all fee dee fee governors seem to have shifted their residence to Abuja.
Instead of governing, they are already thinking about 2015.

Is ACN not campaigning yet? They believe they are smart

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING News-security On Red Alert Over Possible Terrorist Attacks / SHOCKING Revelation: B' Haram Playswith Nigeria's Intelligence / No PDP Governor Will Join APC – Okeke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.