Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,084 members, 7,807,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists (28159 Views)

PDP Forced Me To Sign Fake Results–abia North Returning Officer / Accept Islam & Resign - Boko-Haram To GEJ / Christians Should Accept Islam Or No Peace - Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by abu12: 9:03am On Jul 27, 2013
The conversion to Islam of 25-year-oldCharity Uzoechina, daughter ofPastor Raymond Uzoechinaof Redeem Christian Church of God, Kwankwashe, Suleja, continues to generate controversy.
Her father accused the Estu Nupe Alhaji Yahaya Abubukar, of hypnotizing his daughter, who has since changed her name to A’isha, to embrace Islam. A’isha, who hails from Asaba, Delta State, came to Abuja at the age of 10 when her father relocated from Lagos. After hersecondary school education at Army Day Secondary School Asokoro, Abuja she got admission into Federal Polytechnic, Bida to read Public Administration. She, however, withdrew from the course in her first year. She embraced Islam on February 15, 2013. A’isha said since her family relocated to Suleja, Niger State, she has been in the midst of Muslims, which accorded her the opportunity to have several Muslims friends and learnt a lot about Islam. The travails of A’isha began when she ran to the Estu Nupe’s palace in Bida on March 1, this year to seek protection against any aggression she may face should her family know about her conversion to Islam. This led toa controversy that is still ongoing, with her father accusing the traditional ruler of kidnapping his daughter. Along the line, severalmeetings were organized between A’isha and her father Pastor Uzoechina and his daughter atthe instance of the Estu Nupe, who also involved some members of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN). But despite that, A’isha refused to follow her father, alleging that he has threatened to deal with her by taking her away to a place that she will not be able to practice her new religion. A’isha has taken the matter to a Shariah court in Bida and the court is expected to rule on August 1, 2013 whether or not the 25-year-old should be released to her parents or not. She speaks exclusively to Weekly Trust.Excerpts:

Weekly Trust: What is your name?

Aisha Uzoechina:I was formerly known as Charity Uzoechina and now A’isha Uzoechina.

Why the change of name?

I changed my name because I have accepted Islam.

What brought you to Bida?

I came to Bida in 2012 to read Public Administration at the Federal Polytechnic, Bida.
Are you still a student of Federal Polytechnic Bida?
No, I am not. I have withdrawn from the school.

Did you go back home?

No, I did not go home. At the beginning I was planning to go back home, because I wanted totell my father that I have converted to Islam. When I converted, I was afraid to tell my parents, because of the way my father would behave. I know he will not take it lightly with me. So, for that I refused to go back home.
Did anybody force or enticed you to join Islam?
I joined Islam on my own. Nobody enticed me with anything to join Islam.
What informed your decision to join Islam?
I converted to Islam because I love the character of Muslims, particularly the way they behave. You know Muslims believe in God. I have Muslim friends and I watch what they do, that enticed me to join Islam. I used to read Qur’an when I was a Christian. I always join them to read Qur’an and through that I found out that it is the same one God they worship.
How did your father come to know about your change of faith?
When I ran to the palace, I told you, it was verydifficult before I could see the Emir. When I saw him, the emir refused to accept me, because my father did not know about it. He, therefore, collected my father’s number from me and called him. The following day my father came and said he wanted to see me. When we met we talked one on one.

What did you tell him?

Well the emir told him that I have converted to Islam. When my father talked to me, he said let’s go home, but I refused. I told him that I will not change my faith, because I have already accepted Islam and this is where I wantto stay. He, therefore, threatened me so much so that I became scared of him.

What did he do to you amounting to a threat?

In the first place you know, I put on Hijab (veil),he said I should remove the Hijab. He was angry and used some harsh words on me, directing that I should remove the Hijab, but I refused. He threatened to take me to a village where nobody will set his eyes on me. So I became scared of him, therefore I refused to follow him. That is it.

Did the emir intervene?

The emir gave him one week to come back, buthe came back even before it reached one week. He said he must take me home. He will not take me to our house, but he’ll take me to somewhere that nobody will set his eyes on me. I quickly ran back to the emir and to the Shari’a Court for protection. I don’t want to go back to my father, because he is threatening me.
How did you come to know about the Shari’a Court?
I found out from people. I went to them on my own to formally lodge my complaint.

Why Shari’a Court?
They have to protect me. You know when you take a case to court over life threatening issue,the court must protect you. That is it.

Did your father come back after you refused to follow him?
He came back. He kept on coming back. The other time he even threatened to bring some people to kidnap me.

Is it true that at a time your father came with the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) officials to you?

Yes.

Is it true that you also went to the Jama’atul Nasril Islam (JNI)?

Yes.

Why did you go to JNI?
I told you and I’ll still repeat it, though I don’t want to repeat my words again. I want them to intervene on my behalf, the threat is too much.Now I can’t go anywhere, I cannot even continue with my schooling. I cannot do anything because of the way he has been threatening me. He is still bringing people up till now to keep watch on me.

How do you know that your father has assignedpeople to keep watch on you?
There was a time that I wanted to go out, information came to me that my father was around and I had to stay back since I don’t want him to take me away. I know that if I goutanytime,I he’ll pick me up.

How did you come to know about JNI?
I have been reading about them. That is why I went to them.
How did you present your case to JNI?
I wrote to them seeking for their intervention, because I do not know how to go about convincing my father. I also learnt that the emir wanted to hand me over to my father, because the burden of my case is becoming too much for him to bear.

If your father should promise to allow you to practice your new faith, will you go with him?
I’ll not. In a family that you are the only Muslim, how can you practice in that house? You know when he (my father) came along with my mother the other time, his actions and the harsh words he used, even if I go back home, my life will not be secured in his hand. That is why I said I’ll not go.

Did you start learning anything about Islam?
Yes, I started learning how to perform ablution. I have learnt how to recite Surah Al-Fatihah, I am now in my second surah.
Do you pray five times a day?

Yes I do. I am even fasting now. I have been fasting since the beginning of the month of Ramadan.
What is your massage to people wanting to join Islam?
I have only one massage. Islam is good. Muslims are truthful, everything they say, they believe in God and they carry people along. Once a person converted to Islam, he’ll be carried along until he is strong to stand on his own.
What is your appeal to your parent?
I am appealing to my parents not to be angry with me. My conversion to Islam will not separate us. I still love them, even though I amhere. They can come and visit me and I can also visit them. They shouldn’t think my new faith will take away the love I have for them. It will not. I am very sorry.

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/13449-nobody-forced-me-to-accept-islam-convert-insists

47 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by princesammmy: 9:14am On Jul 27, 2013
when the charm the use On you finish your eyes go clear. its probably u were used to collecting free suya cause that's the major ways the used in the north to charm christian girls into islam.

104 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by ckkris: 9:37am On Jul 27, 2013
At 25, this lady should be left alone. But when her inconsistency begins to hurt her moslem friends, then and then only will they remember that SHE IS IGBO.

33 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Donmams(m): 9:57am On Jul 27, 2013
Allah has shown her the light of Islam and no one can take it away. It is my fervent prayer this Ramadan that more Igbos convert to Islam.

165 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by aurenflani: 10:01am On Jul 27, 2013
princesammmy: when the charm the use On you finish your eyes go clear. its probably u were used to collecting free suya cause that's the major ways the used in the north to charm christian girls into islam.

Muslims are not ridiculous when it comes to wooing people to embrace Islam. She said she has Muslim friends and also read the Qur'an. Try the same if you're not scared of your people's penchant for aluuism.

By the way, the place is Bida and not Okija.

67 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by kettykin: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams: Allah has shown her the light of Islam and no one can take it away. It is my fervent prayer this Ramadan that more Igbos convert to Islam.
And become suicide bombers and religious rioters, what else will they benefit from changing their faith

52 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by 9javoice1(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2013
time shall tell.

why not to the police for safety why emir house and sharia court?

lauf wan kill me. lets turn the table around:
lets say the girl in question is fulani convert to christian and taking refuge in the house of asagba of asaba? what do u tink will happen by now?

22 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Itoroetti(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2013
Why was it daily trust that had to interview her and why must the interview be conducted around the palace?
foul play at its highest.
Take her to abj or even minna,then let they be police men to protect her ,then call on other media organisations like daily sun,punch,thisday,etc to interview the girl.
Who doesn't understands that the interview is under duress?
Where do u expect the girl to go back to when she tells the interviewer that she's still a christian?mind u,she's still under captive of yahaya abubakar(etsu nupe).

13 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Donmams(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2013
kettykin:
And become suicide bombers and religious rioters, what else will they benefit from changing their faith

Living in paradise for eternity in the Hereafter. Surely something must be wrong with a religion where some of its clerics are open homosexuals don't you think?

27 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by 9javoice1(m): 10:19am On Jul 27, 2013
Donmams: Allah has shown her the light of Islam and no one can take it away. It is my fervent prayer this Ramadan that more Igbos convert to Islam.

when ibos convert willingly its ok, but when it is clear or look like kidnaping how theb you want igbos to embrace islam.

if emir and sharis court are wise they need to let go of the girl else more problems are coming to hunt them.

7 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by iykak47: 10:19am On Jul 27, 2013
If u want convert to Buddha na ur wahala, as u see road leave am come enter bush terrorism. See wetin suya cause, longer throat.

19 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Honadeadek(m): 10:21am On Jul 27, 2013
I wonder so much in the genuinety of her claim and her assertion. Is this about being right about her oneness of God Almighty or about being cajoled or brainwash. I pray she shouldn't grow to be another Terrorist that will inflict wonders and anguish on her fellow Nigerian.

8 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by abuliveyoung(m): 10:23am On Jul 27, 2013
Allah is Great! x3
It is adviceable 4 pple of the other faiths(nt mentioning names o) 2 search & seek for the truth. Aisha, u're truely an embodiment to muslim youths who stand for the truth.

60 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by homesteady(m): 10:24am On Jul 27, 2013
Let just continue praying for the girl, that the charm they used on her will soon be neutralised!!

Because I can't imagine a Pastor's daughter converting to islam on her own free will!! Its kinda absurd!!

17 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 27, 2013
She embrace Islam, drops out of school, reject parent.

FANTASTIC!!!

Moving Backward from forward!

97 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by ebamma(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2013
Hausa jazz strong sha, small time one hausa alhaji go marry am
small time she go carry belle
small time her husband go marry three more wives on top am
small time she will be forgotten
#end of story

33 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Afam4eva(m): 10:32am On Jul 27, 2013
This girl is old enough to make her choice which religion to belong to. Whether she was hypnotized or not should nto sufficed else we can also say that those that have become born again Chritians were equally hypnotized. Abi no be so? I also understand her fears of not wanting to go back home. A typical Igbo man will rather die than see that a member of his family is a Muslim and even if he allows the girl practice her religion, she won't feel at home talk more of the community where she comes from.

44 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2013
Let There be no compulsion in Religion Quran 2 vs 256 :::::: Kindly Google this !!!

Also, Check Quran 109 .......

Any Moslem that so coerce,force ,threaten or MALTREAT any person(s) into accepting Islam has committed a Huge Sin against Allah!!!

Infact, If my Housegirl/boy/Servant Should be a budha,Jew,Christain or Idol Worshipper, and She Must to live in my house, ALMIGHTY Allah Forbids me to maltreat Him/Her cuz she is not practicising what I am practicising !!!

Such is the flexibility of islam and the lesson of the above quoted portions !!!

A Moslem is meant to tell U about Allah via Quran Not Lure U ...... Within ur own violition if u agree fine if u don't fine ......!!!

The only time problem will arise is if u think U wanna threatened Islam or cause Fitna for Islam ....... Muslim has been obliged to defend themselves to the maximum of your attack and not beyond !!!

We have seen Daughter/sons of Imam that embraced xtianity .....

We have such in our family too (South West) ..... We will not threatened them nor harm them but occasionally we discuss it cuz they(christain part) have been obliged by their pastors to spread the Gospel and convince us all with whatever measures .....even Gifts ooo, then we keep discussing .....till we all resolved tis just One God with varying ways of worshipping him !!!
We still eat, merry(Owanbe parry) and sympathize with one-another !!!

Such is the beauty of Islam ------- islam is not a do or die affair !!!

Aisha own is difference, she know what her father is capable of ..... ......many pastors are not what they preach so are Imams .......... U people do not know her father .......but she knows better !!!

Runaway Home .......cuz she's scared !!!

65 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by supersonic(m): 10:37am On Jul 27, 2013
She is an adult and she has the right to do whatever that pleases her. So please accept her as a human being, as a muslim and lets stop this controversy.

16 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by homesteady(m): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2013
Afam4eva: This girl is old enough to make her choice which religion to belong to. Whether she was hypnotized or not should nto sufficed else we can also say that those that have become born again Chritians were equally hypnotized. Abi no be so? I also understand her fears of not wanting to go back home. A typical Igbo man will rather die than see that a member of his family is a Muslim and even if he allows the girl practice her religion, she won't feel at home talk more of the community where she comes from.

But the moslems that converted to christianity did not drop out of school na!!

17 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 27, 2013
aurenflani:

Muslims are not ridiculous when it comes to wooing people to embrace Islam. She said she has Muslim friends and also read the Qur'an. Try the same if you're not scared of your people's penchant for aluuism.

By the way, the place is Bida and not Okija.
When i tried reading Quran,i cam across this verse Surah 9:5 Which read "Kill the infidels(Infidels meaning All non-muslims)".Immediately i closed it-No go area.I pity her soul.Despite that she is 25 and should account for her actions and inactions so i would advice her parent let her be or better more pray over it.
I rest my case.

17 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Afam4eva(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2013
homesteady:

But the moslems that converted to christianity did not drop out of school na!!
Are you saying that no Muslim girl goes to school? Dropping out of school is a choice she made for whatever reason which may not be related to her conversion. The girl is 25 for crying out loud.

13 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Kingspin(m): 10:51am On Jul 27, 2013
This girl is in bondage of islam..She have been charm and brainwash..Why is juju Emir still holds her discuss with the parents and allow her home..we have in the west where father is a xtian and the daugther muslim.They hav the fear that if she leave the juju will clear...

6 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Spray(m): 10:52am On Jul 27, 2013
princesammmy: when the charm the use On you finish your eyes go clear. its probably u were used to collecting free suya cause that's the major ways the used in the north to charm christian girls into islam.
check mate ur brainz dude? U still nt convince with dis post

8 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Spray(m): 10:55am On Jul 27, 2013
kettykin:
dnt tell me u re a devoted xtain

4 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by kkkp: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2013
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!

25 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Dereformer(m): 11:03am On Jul 27, 2013
I weep for this girl. If only she understands what she has done to herself.

It beat my imagination how this happened. I still believe that this girl is not acting with her senses.

Believe me, this whole thing will fall off her eyes by the time she is given to a man as old as or even older than her father for marriage.

My advice to the father is; be prayerful. I have already written an open letter in this forum to the president of CAN.

Let the matter be charged to court, let the court deliberations and cross examination of the girl be televised. if she repeats the statements above; I will believe she is not charmed.

Once again, to the father, I say be prayerful. If it is hypnosis, your daughter will surely come to her senses.

However, if it is her free will, then there is nothing anybody will do. But that will not make you hate or harm your daughter because you are not wiser than GOD.

I hold one truth as self evident, unequivocally true, eternally unshakeable and incontrovertibly correct, that JESUS CHRIST is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.

56 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Temismith(f): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2013
Who come ask u? Na ur life na, so its ur business,mind it and shut up. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 27, 2013
Temismith: Who come ask u? Na ur life na, so its ur business,mind it and shut up. undecided
why u dey vex for the girl na .... She ask u self for reply ....

Abegi ooo !!!

6 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Accept Islam, Convert Insists by Willy4Willy: 11:30am On Jul 27, 2013
kkkp:
ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!
You are happy,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Pictured With Qin Jian Of China, During His Courtesy Visit Today / Calabar-Lagos rail omission Fallout: Saraki Begs Southern Senators / Abba Kyari Moves To Remove Magu As EFCC Boss - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.