Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? (15707 Views)

Gaming Showdown: PS3 Vs Wii Vs Xbox 360 Vs PC / Ps3 Vs. Xbox 360 Vs. Wii? / Ps3 Vs Xbox 360-- The Indisputable War (round 1-12 Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by sopoundz(m): 10:24am On Jul 27, 2013
Hey I'd like 2 knw erry details regarding both games 4rm price, availability of Cracked consoles n CDs. Thnks
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by jjk24(m): 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
It depends On yur preference ps3 is ma choice buh xbox 360 2 is awesome specs wise ps wins buh xbox is nt usin blue ray drive sO u gonaa get cheap pirated games 4 it buh on ps3 u wuld av 2 hack it 2 b able 2 enjoy it or else u wanna spend a lot of cash On game discs wen uv hacked u culd install games wen u find dem games u buy can b installed n u can sell dem back. U can brrw d game 4 jst a day n copy it 2 yur hard drive n return it or u culd jst go 2 sum1 u no dah deals wit dis kind of tins. Dey install games 4 @least 1500 n xbox wise u will b able 2 geh game discs 4 up 2 1500 2 buh knw dis if u jailbreak yur ps3 u won't b able 2 play online agn n alsO ps3s wit firmware above 3.55 r hard 2 hack if nt impossible its yur choice its jst dah ps3s got more good exclusive games u won't find d uncharted series on xbox or god of war series or d last of us or d killzone franchise n if u miss out on uncharted ahhh.. Won't advice dah u shuld buh xbox 2 av its own good xclusive gears of war n halo I personally prefer d ps3 cos of its xclusives n game pad d xbox pad is jst 2 huge 4 ma hand.

2 Likes

Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by sopoundz(m): 11:24am On Aug 03, 2013
jjk24: It depends On yur preference ps3 is ma choice buh xbox 360 2 is awesome specs wise ps wins buh xbox is nt usin blue ray drive sO u gonaa get cheap pirated games 4 it buh on ps3 u wuld av 2 hack it 2 b able 2 enjoy it or else u wanna spend a lot of cash On game discs wen uv hacked u culd install games wen u find dem games u buy can b installed n u can sell dem back. U can brrw d game 4 jst a day n copy it 2 yur hard drive n return it or u culd jst go 2 sum1 u no dah deals wit dis kind of tins. Dey install games 4 @least 1500 n xbox wise u will b able 2 geh game discs 4 up 2 1500 2 buh knw dis if u jailbreak yur ps3 u won't b able 2 play online agn n alsO ps3s wit firmware above 3.55 r hard 2 hack if nt impossible its yur choice its jst dah ps3s got more good exclusive games u won't find d uncharted series on xbox or god of war series or d last of us or d killzone franchise n if u miss out on uncharted ahhh.. Won't advice dah u shuld buh xbox 2 av its own good xclusive gears of war n halo I personally prefer d ps3 cos of its xclusives n game pad d xbox pad is jst 2 huge 4 ma hand.
Thank you very very much
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:23am On Aug 05, 2013
The Xbox 360 has slightly better graphics than the ps3, and Xbox live is better than the psn. but the ps3 has blue ray n better exclusives (i think... tho none beats halo 3 :p)and would never die on you if you buy a good console.

Ive got an xbox 360, havent had an problems. it jus depends on you.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by Ndata(m): 3:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
Xbox 360 has the latest addition to it called "Kinect" with this you don't need to use your controller to play some game rather with Kinect sensor you use your body to play games.I find this quite exciting.

1 Like

Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 1:54am On Aug 06, 2013
Ndata: Xbox 360 has the latest addition to it called "Kinect" with this you don't need to use your controller to play some game rather with Kinect sensor you use your body to play games.I find this quite exciting.
Lol dude not all games support kinect and those that support them, i'm sure, are not his cup of tea. Besides kinect isn't very accurate and has it's problems. I like xbox buh i'll strongly advice he goes for the ps3 due to more exciting exclusives (i hate uncharted tho) and knowing sony, they'll support their console for a long tym to come.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by Ndata(m): 11:36am On Aug 06, 2013
Lol dude not all games support kinect and those that support them, i'm sure, are not his cup of tea. Besides kinect isn't very accurate and has it's problems. I like xbox buh i'll strongly advice he goes for the ps3 due to more exciting exclusives (i hate uncharted tho) and knowing sony, they'll support their console for a long tym to come.

And do you have a problem with comprehension?Did you not read the part i stated that some games support Kinect or did you choose to ignore that.The guy is trying to make a choice between getting a ps3 and xbox 360 and we are only giving advice.Just drop your advice and walk.This is how you guys fail your Jamb exams.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ndata:

And do you have a problem with comprehension?Did you not read the part i stated that some games support Kinect or did you choose to ignore that.The guy is trying to make a choice between getting a ps3 and xbox 360 and we are only giving advice.Just drop your advice and walk.This is how you guys fail your Jamb exams.
oh sorry mate, didn't see that part. My main gripe tho is that he might not like the games that are kinect related. Besides ps3 also has the move and it more accurate than the kinect, albeit involving a physical controller like the wii mote.
Jam exams? Dude, I have a 1st class degree, and about to pursue my masters in education psychology, and another degree in computer science. Besides, i'm in Ghana, we don't write jam exams. Don't jux yap away.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by jjk24(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: The Xbox 360 has slightly better graphics than the ps3, and Xbox live is better than the psn. but the ps3 has blue ray n better exclusives (i think... tho none beats halo 3 :p)and would never die on you if you buy a good console.

Ive got an xbox 360, havent had an problems. it jus depends on you.
u seriOus? Xbox 360 beta graphics?!! U mst b kiddin u mean multiplats 0r xclusives d 0nli reas0n multiplats luks beta 0n d xb0x dan d ps3 is cus ps3 is hard 2 c0de 4 n s0 devel0pers cudnt get d best 0ut 0f d system g0 check ps3s gpu numbers n xb0x 360 gpu numbers ps3 beats xb0x in d graphics department by far check ps3s xclusives. N check xb0x 360 xclusives u wanna c0mpare uncharted 3 graphics wit gears 0f war3?!!
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 10:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
The Xbox is better... Graphics game play and features... Although I prefer the ps3 pad for fighting and football... I still need to get use to the pad on xbox. Other than that the Xbox is the better system.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
jjk24: u seriOus? Xbox 360 beta graphics?!! U mst b kiddin u mean multiplats 0r xclusives d 0nli reas0n multiplats luks beta 0n d xb0x dan d ps3 is cus ps3 is hard 2 c0de 4 n s0 devel0pers cudnt get d best 0ut 0f d system g0 check ps3s gpu numbers n xb0x 360 gpu numbers ps3 beats xb0x in d graphics department by far check ps3s xclusives. N check xb0x 360 xclusives u wanna c0mpare uncharted 3 graphics wit gears 0f war3?!!
hey take it easy... Xbox have better GPU and ram. Xbox can't even use its full potential because no bluray so developers have to sacrifice quality for space on disk.

I have both system and gaming on Xbox is better overall. I have also preorder the Xbox one because its features and how Microsoft update the Xbox constantly.
Though ps4 is 25k cheaper but I prefer the features of the Xbox.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by jjk24(m): 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
benalvino:
hey take it easy... Xbox have better GPU and ram. Xbox can't even use its full potential because no bluray so developers have to sacrifice quality for space on disk.

I have both system and gaming on Xbox is better overall. I have also preorder the Xbox one because its features and how Microsoft update the Xbox constantly.
Though ps4 is 25k cheaper but I prefer the features of the Xbox.
features lyk?!! Well I lyk sum of d features lyk multi tasking dahs all buh y wuld u geht a lesser powerful console yes it is !? Mre expensive console n doesn't av d better library Of xclusives?!! Am a gamer n I wuld want. 2 play d best games nt buy a cnsOle cOs of sum fancy tv features!! Well I surpose u culd geht bth buh nt all Of us geht dah kind money n alsO mst xbox One games will require cnstant internet cnnection lyk forza 5 u wuld need 2 cnnect it 2 d internet sef 4 d 1st time b4 it wrks and I can't persOnally affrd internets services Over here so d main reasOn I see u getiin d xbox 1 is #1 u an xbox fan boy #2 uv got 2 much money #3 u lyk motion contrOls n cameras*kinect* #4 uv bein brain washed by microscam
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
jjk24: features lyk?!! Well I lyk sum of d features lyk multi tasking dahs all buh y wuld u geht a lesser powerful console yes it is !? Mre expensive console n doesn't av d better library Of xclusives?!! Am a gamer n I wuld want. 2 play d best games nt buy a cnsOle cOs of sum fancy tv features!! Well I surpose u culd geht bth buh nt all Of us geht dah kind money n alsO mst xbox One games will require cnstant internet cnnection lyk forza 5 u wuld need 2 cnnect it 2 d internet sef 4 d 1st time b4 it wrks and I can't persOnally affrd internets services Over here so d main reasOn I see u getiin d xbox 1 is #1 u an xbox fan boy #2 uv got 2 much money #3 u lyk motion contrOls n cameras*kinect* #4 uv bein brain washed by microscam

the xbox one does what the ps4 will dream of doing... it is not even less powerful. specs on paper is not the decider on performance... the ps3 was said to be alot more powerful than xbox 360... yet it cant do simple things like play music while gaming.

I am going for the xbox one because it has 2 times the features of what sony has to offer.

about the cost... i dont think its more expensive. the kinect make it 420 pounds... but its a 8 to 10 investment so its not that bad. i just hope they deliver it on the release day to my house.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 11:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
jjk24: u seriOus? Xbox 360 beta graphics?!! U mst b kiddin u mean multiplats 0r xclusives d 0nli reas0n multiplats luks beta 0n d xb0x dan d ps3 is cus ps3 is hard 2 c0de 4 n s0 devel0pers cudnt get d best 0ut 0f d system g0 check ps3s gpu numbers n xb0x 360 gpu numbers ps3 beats xb0x in d graphics department by far check ps3s xclusives. N check xb0x 360 xclusives u wanna c0mpare uncharted 3 graphics wit gears 0f war3?!!
Dude calm down. Most of ps3 games are very linear like God of war and uncharted. It's easier to make very linear games look good. Gears of war 3 graphics and uc3 are on par. I get it if u dnt like the art style but art style doesn't equate better graphics. Plus the gpu in the 360 is much more efficient in rendering games than that of the ps3. And in games the gpu is more important than cpu, tho the cell is capable of gpu stuff (infact , it is the only thing giving the ps3 a saving grace). i hope this helps.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
benalvino:
not rly true. It doesn't matter if the blue ray can carry more textures and other graphical asserts, cos if the gpu can't render it, it wouldn't be of any use. I can't say for a fact that the 360 architechture hasn't been fully utilised or not, buh i can say for a fact that if hasn't, it's not becos of the lack of blu ray. Bluray was good for uncompressed vids and audio in the case of the ps3. Besides it was soo slow some games required a mandatory installationto play. Hope this info helps.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by NellyGhenghen(m): 4:39am On Aug 07, 2013
@jjk24 i dont think you ve played the 360, thats why you chatting like a rookie. grin

1 Like

Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 6:52am On Aug 07, 2013
kimco: not rly true. It doesn't matter if the blue ray can carry more textures and other graphical asserts, cos if the gpu can't render it, it wouldn't be of any use. I can't say for a fact that the 360 architechture hasn't been fully utilised or not, buh i can say for a fact that if hasn't, it's not becos of the lack of blu ray. Bluray was good for uncompressed vids and audio in the case of the ps3. Besides it was soo slow some games required a mandatory installationto play. Hope this info helps.
I think you dont know much about the games... Simply google the specs or go to YouTube. Stop arguing blindly
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by jjk24(m): 10:25am On Aug 07, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: @jjk24 i dont think you ve played the 360, thats why you chatting like a rookie. grin
bss u jst dnt geht it I even stated dah multi plats multiplatform games luks better on d xbx dan d ps3 n its all cus Of ps3s architecture u dnt judge consoles on multi platfOrm. Games dey luk better cos of a lot of reasons ps3s cell processor is custOm made sO its kidda hard 4 developers 2 code 4 it since dey do it understand it it was made by japanese engineers dey wuld av 2 dO a lot Of trial n errOr b4 dey geht d hang of d chip where as d xbox chip is kidda easy 2 geht arnd. Wit buh dah doesn't mak it mre powerful boss n sum1 said gears Of war 3 was On par wit uncharted 3 graphics. I cudnt agree less yes both luks great buh if u luk a little better n u bein honest ull knw waht am talkin abt d lighting in uncharted d character models drake in particular d attention 2 detail d hi res envirOnment. Everitin here jst luks smooth n as verity wich shws hw pOwerful ps3 is naughty dog ad 2 create different tools check d fires in uncharted d desert scene jst luk @ d sands n stuff yea artistically uncharted wins buh still gears of war jst luks pretty a far geht cls 2 dem ull see low res textures here n dere poor character models dnt geht me wrng sum luk gud buh it varies n also linear games?!! Yea uncharted is linear buh waht bout infamOus 1 and 2 n d last of us?!! Wach u got 2 sai 2 daht .!!?
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by jjk24(m): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2013
benalvino:

the xbox one does what the ps4 will dream of doing... it is not even less powerful. specs on paper is not the decider on performance... the ps3 was said to be alot more powerful than xbox 360... yet it cant do simple things like play music while gaming.

I am going for the xbox one because it has 2 times the features of what sony has to offer.

about the cost... i dont think its more expensive. the kinect make it 420 pounds... but its a 8 to 10 investment so its not that bad. i just hope they deliver it on the release day to my house.
u lyk media stuffs dnt u?!! Usin d inability of d ps3 2 play music y gamin is jst a bad example in dis kind situatiOn daht doesn't av enifin 2 do wit d ps3s power dahs jst sony nt puttin d feature dere I culd care less bout daht n wrry more bOut RRLOD .... U kip sain features features buh. U didn't mention eni u mean dOes tv features ?!! Exactly microscam n dere all in 1 product deres nfn I can sai dah will change yur mind it seems u dnt rili care bout d company makin d console n hw dey treat us gamers ull jst buy enifin wit an xbOx name Of it dnt geht me wrng xbox 1 is gOnna b a great cOnsole buh its nt jst d type of cOnsole I wuld advice eni 1 2 buy d tin doesn't derserve 2 b called a console eni mre sef #media box I tink. If sum1 truely wants a gaming consOle wit d best xclusives # games dahs wat consoles r 4. Better specs... A loot Of OptiOns on accessory n nt one bein forced on me !! Dah dooesnt require an internet coonection waht so ever. Geht d ps4. If u want d oppOsite of all av jst listed geht d xbox 1 enjoy#laa
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 10:48am On Aug 07, 2013
jjk24: u lyk media stuffs dnt u?!! Usin d inability of d ps3 2 play music y gamin is jst a bad example in dis kind situatiOn daht doesn't av enifin 2 do wit d ps3s power dahs jst sony nt puttin d feature dere I culd care less bout daht n wrry more bOut RRLOD .... U kip sain features features buh. U didn't mention eni u mean dOes tv features ?!! Exactly microscam n dere all in 1 product deres nfn I can sai dah will change yur mind it seems u dnt rili care bout d company makin d console n hw dey treat us gamers ull jst buy enifin wit an xbOx name Of it dnt geht me wrng xbox 1 is gOnna b a great cOnsole buh its nt jst d type of cOnsole I wuld advice eni 1 2 buy d tin doesn't derserve 2 b called a console eni mre sef #media box I tink. If sum1 truely wants a gaming consOle wit d best xclusives # games dahs wat consoles r 4. Better specs... A loot Of OptiOns on accessory n nt one bein forced on me !! Dah dooesnt require an internet coonection waht so ever. Geht d ps4. If u want d oppOsite of all av jst listed geht d xbox 1 enjoy#laa

Look its not a bad example... I am saying when Sony say their specs on paper doesn't mean its more powerful. Microsoft is a software company that can get more from a machine than Sony will ever get.

The tech behind Xbox one is an example... Direct x... Running on windows nt kernel have 3 OS at same time... Have cloud computing for calculating background stuff etc.

The ps3 was so powerful on papers but it can't do half of what Xbox was doing... I used smart glass with it and many more. Games looks better on Xbox run smooter. Am not a can of single player games... I can manage GTA COD BF FIFA Tekken. That's all. I dont go about buying exclusive games all the time. I need forza too... Its alot better than GT now.

I live in the UK and using Xbox live alone will make you think twice of Sony.

its not Microsoft fault that Sony can't do what Xbox can... Calling them microscam shows how fanboyisb and blind you are. Sony brag how their system was a better media all in one gaming system because of only them have bluray this generation. Now ms have better features you are talking BS.

Does the media box stops you for playing games or you can do more with it... Think of pluging your dstv to Xbox and integrate both to work together. Talk to your dstv etc.

You just a blind guy.
you are a Nigerian stop talking like a fool... Or those fanboys in ign... How has Microsoft treat you?

I bet Sony is loosing money from ps3 because of people like you who install homebrew on their PS and pirate cds... Sony did not make any profit from PS 3 thanks to people like you. And Microsoft is trying to help developers you are saying rubbish. You dont even think before you spit BS

1 Like

Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by Tbase2: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2013
benalvino:

Look its not a bad example... I am saying when Sony say their specs on paper doesn't mean its more powerful. Microsoft is a software company that can get more from a machine than Sony will ever get.

The tech behind Xbox one is an example... Direct x... Running on windows nt kernel have 3 OS at same time... Have cloud computing for calculating background stuff etc.

The ps3 was so powerful on papers but it can't do half of what Xbox was doing... I used smart glass with it and many more. Games looks better on Xbox run smooter. Am not a can of single player games... I can manage GTA COD BF FIFA Tekken. That's all. I dont go about buying exclusive games all the time. I need forza too... Its alot better than GT now.

I live in the UK and using Xbox live alone will make you think twice of Sony.

its not Microsoft fault that Sony can't do what Xbox can... Calling them microscam shows how fanboyisb and blind you are. Sony brag how their system was a better media all in one gaming system because of only them have bluray this generation. Now ms have better features you are talking BS.

Does the media box stops you for playing games or you can do more with it... Think of pluging your dstv to Xbox and integrate both to work together. Talk to your dstv etc.

You just a blind guy.
you are a Nigerian stop talking like a fool... Or those fanboys in ign... How has Microsoft treat you?

I bet Sony is loosing money from ps3 because of people like you who install homebrew on their PS and pirate cds... Sony did not make any profit from PS 3 thanks to people like you. And Microsoft is trying to help developers you are saying rubbish. You dont even think before you spit BS
hoho some one his taking the pisss haha :O
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by NellyGhenghen(m): 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
Looool alright, imma stop arguing cos these manz jus wont allow it. but about the RROD, the new xbox consoles dont get that anymore, i have had my xbox 360 since 2011 never had issues with it, no over heating, nothing.

so yeh ghenghen signing out.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 7:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
benalvino:
I think you dont know much about the games... Simply google the specs or go to YouTube. Stop arguing blindly
You don't know what you're talking about, do you? okay, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to give me a link to the point you trying to put across, or better yet copy and paste whatever from the source so all may witness it (not that i think you can anyways but it'll be fun watching your ignorant ass)
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2013
kimco:
You don't know what you're talking about, do you? okay, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to link me to the point you trying to put across, or better yet copy and paste whatever from the source so all may witness it (not that i think you can anyways but it'll be fun watching your ignorant ass)

I ask you to research you didn't but came back talking out of your ass
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
benalvino:

I ask you to research you didn't but came back talking out of your ass
Research what? to what end? i said what i said cos u seem to be lost. What specs are you talking about. Be clearer about what you're talking about. when u have explained what specs you want me to research on, then i'll research. Nonsense

Ps: i checked the ps3 specs, for the 1000th time in my life in case that's what you're actually talking about. And it still affirms my point. So please make your point, oya.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 9:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
kimco:
Research what? to what end? i said what i said cos u seem to be lost. What specs are you talking about. Be clearer about what you're talking about. when u have explained what specs you want me to research on, then i'll research. Nonsense

Ps: i checked the ps3 specs, for the 1000th time in my life in case that's what you're actually talking about. And it still affirms my point. So please make your point, oya.

Check the GPU on Xbox 360... It is higher than ps3 and also check the ram
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 9:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
benalvino:
Ignoramus! Here's a link for you.
www.arstechnica.com/gaming/2007/01/6658/
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
jjk24: u lyk media stuffs dnt u?!! Usin d inability of d ps3 2 play music y gamin is jst a bad example in dis kind situatiOn daht doesn't av enifin 2 do wit d ps3s power dahs jst sony nt puttin d feature dere I culd care less bout daht n wrry more bOut RRLOD .... U kip sain features features buh. U didn't mention eni u mean dOes tv features ?!! Exactly microscam n dere all in 1 product deres nfn I can sai dah will change yur mind it seems u dnt rili care bout d company makin d console n hw dey treat us gamers ull jst buy enifin wit an xbOx name Of it dnt geht me wrng xbox 1 is gOnna b a great cOnsole buh its nt jst d type of cOnsole I wuld advice eni 1 2 buy d tin doesn't derserve 2 b called a console eni mre sef #media box I tink. If sum1 truely wants a gaming consOle wit d best xclusives # games dahs wat consoles r 4. Better specs... A loot Of OptiOns on accessory n nt one bein forced on me !! Dah dooesnt require an internet coonection waht so ever. Geht d ps4. If u want d oppOsite of all av jst listed geht d xbox 1 enjoy#laa
i thought the xbox didn't require internet connections anymore. It's not bad for a console to do a whole lot of things. Why are you frowning upon it?
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 10:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
kimco:
Ignoramus! Here's a link for you.
www.arstechnica.com/gaming/2007/01/6658/

read this from IGN... make sure you read from 1 to page 3. then tell me if Ps3 is better than 360 when you are done.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2005/05/20/e3-2005-microsofts-xbox-360-vs-sonys-playstation-3
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 11:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
benalvino:

Check the GPU on Xbox 360... It is higher than ps3 and also check the ram
where did i say it wasn't? And the ram are both 512mb, only problem is that the ps3's ram is split between the cpu and the gpu while that of the 360 is a single pool. so the appropriate allocations can be done depending on the dev for optimum performance. Oh plus the extra 10mb esram in the 360. the xdr ram on the ps3 however is faster though, but it doesn't matter anyways.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 12:09am On Aug 08, 2013
kimco:
where did i say it wasn't? And the ram are both 512mb, only problem is that the ps3's ram is split between the cpu and the gpu while that of the 360 is a single pool. so the appropriate allocations can be done depending on the dev for optimum performance. Oh plus the extra 10mb esram in the 360. the xdr ram on the ps3 however is faster though, but it doesn't matter anyways.

never mind then... you just replied the wrong post... jjk24 was spitting BS. that was for him. the manner in which you replied it makes me think you doubt also.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 12:22am On Aug 08, 2013
benalvino:

read this from IGN... make sure you read from 1 to page 3. then tell me if Ps3 is better than 360 when you are done.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2005/05/20/e3-2005-microsofts-xbox-360-vs-sonys-playstation-3
Hold on, I think we're misunderstanding each other here. I don't disagree that the xbox 360 is much more efficient for gaming. Even john Carmack, a renowned programmer, co founder of id software chose the 360 over the ps3 for it easier and efficient architecture. Google him.
ps: The initial post you quoted was about the lack of blu ray on the xbox 360 which supposedly was the reason why the 360 hardware wasn't fully utilised. I was simply debunking that assertion with a link and all. Blu ray is only good for movies and 7.1 lossless audio which 90% don't even have. I'm just saying that however big the storage is, if the hardware can't render the graphical asserts on it, then it useless. This means that even if the xbox 360 had a blu ray drive, it's hardware can only render what it is capable of rendering and nothing more. The only advantage it'll have is high quality cutscenes and 7.1 lossless audio (for the audiophiles) nothing more. See the case of the ps3 and blu ray for reference. It isn't outputting any better graphics than it's hardware would allow it (even with xbox beating it out in most multiplatform games even though it is using a common dvd 9 9gb). Blu ray is just a storage device. It isn't a magical dust that makes games look magically better than they're supposed to like Sony made us believe. But at least, with that deception they won the format war. I hope you get me now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years / Computer Games To Try Out Before The Year Runs Out / EA To Remove All Russian Clubs & The National Team From FIFA 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.