Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,712,804 members, 6,408,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 July 2021 at 12:14 AM

Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone - Business (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone (46564 Views)

Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. / All Punters Meeting Zone! / Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by rali123(f): 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
I am so interested, @suveycash please include my name, am in lagos...
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by olupentane(m): 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
Kazman 7, I got your mesg

just me and you for now.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by planet4sure(m): 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2013
evening guys like I said in my previous post, when we start importing in container say 1 by 20 feet for example I knw Hw to beat down price when it comes to customs duties, as a registered clearing agent when u import new items say for example, if u are have 500 cartoons of mini watching machine, what am going to declare could be 200 cartoons the rest na so settle the custom office, when u are importing contraband goods we ain't going to declare it .example used tires can be declare as spare parts. Do u knw we can also get baby diaper at cheap rate in china as well? pls let make this jv a reality cause am ready to take care of the clearing aspects. Peace.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by surveycash(m): 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
2fishes:

I'm not in this alone, my contributions hence might not be just enough. So far so good, let's put customization of them power banks into considerations, there should be a unique logo to distinguish the JV power banks that would hopefully flock the entire nation, while we anticipate the meeting out comes of the other zones.

At this stage contributions are suggestive and not carved gold. From experience, is there any powerbank you can stamp you name on? You know a good name is difficult to build but easily dent by a single blemish. If we are putting our name on an item, then it must have stood the test of time.

Your suggestions are still welcomed.

@Toluax1...From experience, is there any tab you can stamp your name on?

@FCE...From experience, is there any wristwatch you can stamp your name on?
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by surveycash(m): 10:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
@Dr El-Matteo...My senior oga @ the top, I greet sir. I was with Shekers today and he confirmed your presence some 2 weeks ago. You for call me up make we go flex small na. You touched an aspect of the JV which is the most important but the most neglected - marketing. I have thought of brokering deal with wholesalers to be their suppliers. We could also sell to corporate organisation on facility when the company's cashflow is solid.

I love the commission-based marketing but my worry is security. How do we secure our goods from our affiliates. Who do we make sure they don't abscond with our goods?

@FCE...How do you recruit your marketers? What's the modus operandi?

@All those in Lagos and will want to be in our next meeting this Sunday 11th August, 2013, please text NL ID, email and phone number to 08038908102 for venue details. I just got this info from the PRO.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by caxim04(m): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
this is getting interesting.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by bajugbajug(m): 11:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
this is getting exciting day by day. Am actually working on a more conducive venue for the Lagos meeting, hope it turns out well, if not, we av no other option than to re-use the last venue.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by shinaf: 5:42am On Aug 10, 2013
hi el matteto.........i saw your post and i was happy....the bringer of importation the slayer of ebook sellers , if not for you................ebook we still they buy

El Matteo: [b][/b]As they say, Ideas rule the world. I am more than impressed at the pace and quality of ideas that have been expressed so far on this thread. It further proves that we Nigerians are great thinkers. I'm sure the great corporations of the world we know today didnt do anything different from what we are doing here today at the start. We have all seen a need in our country and we are all trying to tap into it.
However, the greatest challenge everyone has is in turning the ideas into reality which is what we have to meticulously do.
Firstly, I will like to plead that there shouldnt be any limit to membership. I will like everyone who is interested to be given a chance. If the person cannot meet up with the demands of the venture, then let it be on him/her to be left out. We may not come in on the same level cos our financial capabilities differ but members can be placed on diff levels depending on how much the person is willing to contribute. So technically speaking, we can all become shareholders in varying proportion which means the major shareholders maybe responsible for the major decision making in order to avoid the unnecessary rowdiness while the other members will be carried along.
Also, in terms of marketing, I can suggest something. I was in Lagos briefly last week and while in an eatery, a young man walked up to me and asked me for some funds which he needs for transport to go for an interview. We got talking and I realised he is an OND holder that has been seeking for a job. After giving him some motivation, I decided to give him a job opportunity. We reached an agreement for him to market my stuffs. It will be on commission basis. This i believe is a very good marketing idea cos there is no way u will lose cos you are not going to be paying any salary, you will only pay commisions based on the quantity the individual sells. So if he doesnt sell,then he doesnt get any commision. This is what top companies of today use cos the idea is that no matter what happens you will never lose cos instead of paying salaries even when the person doesnt sell enough to cover up for the salary.

I think there are people looking for something to do so we can get them to do our marketing with us.
Also, we can focus on people that will buy in wholesales cos this is he fastest way to make profit.

Lets just have a positive attitude towards this venture and we will see that there are no limits to what we can achieve.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by probsolver: 6:43am On Aug 10, 2013
MODUS OPERANDI for recruiting marketers.

I will suggest any interested marketer must come thru a shareholder and d goods that will be collected by d marketers will not be more than d stake of d shareholder @ any given time.
NOTE: though this will restrict d numbers of marketers we will get butwe must protect our goods.

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 10, 2013
steve10:

Where are meeting is it kaduna or kano?
Pls let hurry up

i think ppl in the north should meet in abuja, thats the best option.......correct me if am wrong though

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by thompson1510(m): 8:14am On Aug 10, 2013
shinaf: [color=#990000][/color]ilove this novel idea i wish to represent ogbomosho....lautech as a student ..i love business....

am in with all body....when is our own meeting come on
lmao. Bro, am a ladokite too. Av been followin dis stuff right from d root gangan.its just dat I dnt like commenting. All my ogaz @ d top. I salute U ooo. Av even imported some stuffs. I'l like to knw U. Pin-29B9037D. Watzapp-07061310811. 2go-Enigmagenta. Lookin forward to knwin you. @ Surveycash, am stull trying to see if I can raise d capital required, I knw anything is possible. I dnt wanna be one of d guyz dat'd backout when its time to drop d koko. So, as soon as evrything works perfectly well for me, am gonna let U know. I love all you ideas mehn,and thanks to those that has contributed immensely to making things work.thumbz up.

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by 2fishes(m): 8:36am On Aug 10, 2013
rigormortis:

i think ppl in the north should meet in abuja, thats the best option.......correct me if am wrong though

The meeting has been scheduled for Kadiuna, this Sunday, call them if U want to be a part of it.

I wish U guys a successful meeting in the North. And don't be stingy with yourselves, make ITEM 7 available, even if na fanta and sprite with grandnut...
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by 2fishes(m): 9:04am On Aug 10, 2013
Like I mentioned in one of my posts above, I was coming from the marketing angle when I said let every participant be fully aware of whatever is entitled to them. In line with this, the OGA at the very top has spoken. Let the marketing be on commission basis. Am not sure xyz JV has the capacity to begin monthly salary payment at the moment,

The Marketing Scheme should be, if U sell one piece of an item, U get your commission instantly.

Another thing is, Pricing, Pricing and Pricing.... What is the Pricing structure going to be like.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by lordmayor4(m): 9:09am On Aug 10, 2013
I think we have a format for the marketters if we need them ... We can have as many as possible using the method my Oga @ d top FUNCLUB uses for his marketters *winks* and his ways are the best bet for our marketters .... He can put us through on that !
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by rozayx5(m): 9:21am On Aug 10, 2013
Survey Cash always Innovative, cool cool

keep it up, we need tycoons to emerge from the Business section
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by 2fishes(m): 9:35am On Aug 10, 2013
surveycash:

At this stage contributions are suggestive and not carved gold. From experience, is there any powerbank you can stamp you name on? You know a good name is difficult to build but easily dent by a single blemish. If we are putting our name on an item, then it must have stood the test of time.

Your suggestions are still welcomed.

So long U are buying an item from a manufacturer at a required MOQ. That's why it is called customization. If this 'XYZ' JV initiative must come to fruition, research on product items and possible negotiations with manufacturers ought to have been on at this time.

Remember, Pricing is what would essentially distinct 'XYZ' JV from the other markets; and this is one of the sole reasons I would key in 101% into this initiative. For instance, the most calls I get for the purchase of my Power Banks are prize negotiation and reduction, but I try to explain to them professionally some of the things involved. So beating down the prices would supposedly shake the market and give it a sudden boom just like the Blackberries and the likes...

Also, let's put into considerations VARIETY. Variety is one thing that makes life beautiful. If we are going for Washing Machine for instance, there should be some kind of thing to make one look different from another and so on... All na suggestion o,
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by OKWUPAY: 10:23am On Aug 10, 2013
I have been following this thread with keen interest and must confess that it is very educating. The idea of JV is great if handled well but I must advice the pioneers to be a little strategic and tactical in their approach to this venture. The following should be considered while making this business decisions.

(1)The Brand: Please let us be mindful of the brand alongside the vision and mission of the entity while making any product purchase decision. The longevity of the brand will largely depend on the quality of its first products. There is a popular saying that we may not have the second chance to create the first impression.

It is not an offense to dream of the sky, but let us first start from the rooftop as it will give us a clearer view of the sky. Before great amount of fund is committed to any product, thorough research must be committed to it and few order made with the JV logo. THE DESIRE TO MAKE PROFIT SHOULD NOT BE THE PRIORITY NOW, RATHER SERVICE, SENSE OF FULFILMENT AND ENTREPRENUERSHIP should be the motivation. E.g powerbank, I read a couple of review and realised that there are more fake than the number of original in the market. The higher the capacity (mah) the longer it takes to charge with some doing half of the its quoted capacity. Many have chinese cells but claim they are samsung cells and a lot of other issues. I currently have about two powerbanks and one takes almost the whole day to charge (where I see light for this kind thing now)
One wrong product move can jeopardize the whole process. This shall not be the portion of this emerging world class entity.
A great caution must be taken before a large order is made because the brand name(JV) is involve.

(2) Good Structure: This will define who reports to who? Admission and termination of membership, Who are the decision making bodies. Remuneration for other non-shareholding staff, etc

(3) Size: Great institutions in the world were not started by multitude. Starting big is not always the problem, but 'managing big' is always where challenges come. The require number of shareholders should be define bearing in mind the expected capital base. Admission of member (shareholders) should stop once the expected capital base is attained.

Let me stop here for now and hear the reactions before going further.

Please forgive my grammatical errors if any

Peace
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Ayodeb(m): 10:29am On Aug 10, 2013
In my mind too. Am from Akure, Ondo State
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by surveycash(m): 10:44am On Aug 10, 2013
@2fishes...seem we are yet to be on the same page on the customization issue. I know about MOQ for customization and I have got a manufacturer to customize google itab for me for even less than the MOQ. My concern is, is there any product from China you can vouch for in terms quality and durability to be ready to put your brand on it?

OKWUPAY took the words from me and I quote "...Please let us be mindful of the brand alongside the vision and mission of the entity while making any product purchase decision. The longevity of the brand will largely depend on the quality of its first products. There is a popular saying that we may not have the first chance to create the first impression..." This is my genuine concern. Let's not rush into banding products we have not tested so we don't get branded my the market negatively cos of a bad product. If we are going in, we are going real time and aim to be among fortune 500 in the next 500 years.

@Rozayfx, welcome. I see you. You should start thinking of diversifying some of those pips to this venture. cheesy
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by princeuk21(m): 11:17am On Aug 10, 2013
hunda:

@ prince, i sent u a txt pls acknowledge receipt. thanks
i have seen your sms. please lets find a place to fix our meetings here in portharcourt. thanks
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by princeuk21(m): 11:37am On Aug 10, 2013
@all please are we going for power banks??
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by 2fishes(m): 11:45am On Aug 10, 2013
princeuk21: i have seen your sms. please lets find a place to fix our meetings here in portharcourt. thanks

What about somewhere at Choba? Mind U, do not disclose a venue right here. After deciding where to meet, an SMS should be sent out to all participant. Same way SurveyCash conducted theirs in Lagos. Hope U dig.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by 2fishes(m): 11:52am On Aug 10, 2013
princeuk21: @all please are we going for power banks??

There has to be a consensus on this before further 'investigations'
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by ElMatteo(m): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2013
I believe if we are to import anything, then we have to be 101% sure of the quality. This JV is born out of the collaboration of individuals who have been into importation so I believe that to an extent, getting quality stuffs shouldnt be a big problem.

I suggest we communicate adequately with the supplier and tell him exactly what we want so they can even tailor it to our taste. We can also make sample orders in order to be sure of the quality so we can have ample time to assess the quality before we make our final major orders. This may take some time but I believe something like this should be meticulously orchestrated so we dont end up losing.

If we can do this, then we should have no problem with the customization cos we can vouch for the quality.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by thefunclubenterprise(m): 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ surveycash for your first question,yes there are some brands of watches I can stamp my name on.

@lord mayor and 2fishes, we never can be too sure of our marketers, security of products is a huge milestone we have to cross yet.
But if you followed my post when I recruited nairalanders as marketers you would have seen some interesting things.
Recruiting generally is supposed to be tactical, you don't just recruit anyone (except in 9ja where u have to know who knows who).
During my time of searching , I wanted 10 marketers, about 15 people applied , some I have never even met in person till this day.
I recruited my best 10 and dropped 5 people, this is where physcology comes in. You have to think like those HR officers in oil firms.
Dust off the suspicous people, accept serious minded people.
Also they all submitted affidavits,personal info I can easily track them with, signed a terms and conditions form, a gurantor stood for them and many more, these docs where duplicated and I kept some copies, gave them , and the last is with my family lawyer.
That's all.

Also out of 8 marketers 4 are university students (these ones can't certainly run anywhere cos I can track almost any nigerian student in a federal school, don't ask how, also I have all details of them, and if they do run , their guarantor who has a landed property has signed to pay for the missing items or provide the marketer)
1 is a personal friend, 2 are workers (1 banker and 1 factory worker) and 1 a house wife.

So far I have met just 5 of these people in person, some were verified by my friends or relatives in different parts of nigeria, I did final phone interviews and met some later on. But bottom line is so far business has been smooth with them! And we are doing just fine.
There are many ways to pin down these marketers, we won't just be accepting any idiot that comes, you have to be qualified to work with xyz!

For your second question, marketing is really not as hard as you fear, using my model of the jv for example, due to the promises and juicy offers marketing a products provides an individual, a marketer or a shareholder of xyz , I think each of us will always want to sell things in every possible way!.

Well we can't bank on that, so we have to construct something innovative. I will have to do a thorough thinking of this and present some suggestions to the house, but as I'm typing some little ideas are coming in

0. I call this zero because its a pre requisite to marketing, ADVERTISEMENT!
Its the most important factor, marketing isn't , do you want to market what I don't know to me?
Anyone from benin in the house? You know God is Good motors? I guess you know how they rose to be the top transport coy in benin now!
Advert advert advert!
Someone said spending N1m out of N5m for logistics is too big,hmmm well we all have what works for us sha,
An example when I opened my game shop then, no one knew of it , until I read an article on advert, I then went to thinking and this was what I did,
I went to a printing press, printed note books with funclub all over it, the 1st 2 pages were all about games before you even get to the main white sheet.
Went round schools and sold to kiosk owners for N10 each! Big loss right? Yes for the now.
I did same with hand bands, banners, posters.
Then in a month I started looking for how to drive customers home!, boys couldn't read their books again without seeing naruto or fifa 13 in the front page and our address boldly on it! ...lol those good days

You have to be aware to the public!!! Massive adverts! You have no idea how an advert affects your thought towards a goods. Relax and think of adverts you have seen and how it made you feel towards a goods.
Marketing is piece of cake when the consumer already knows, or have heard about this people,product,service, company etc before!

1. Through normal marketers , I don't believe in giving marketers targets, instead make the targets enticing!

2. Through supply, when we have a strong name we could start supply to major super marts around (even I as a single guy supplies about 3 shops in benin and a major super mart in ph).

3. For powerbanks we could partner with top phone shops like slots,omegatron,affordables etc! These are places that people troop in everyday! To buy phones, what if we drop our products at slots just by their counter and strike a deal (example for every powerbank sold they get 20%)..

4. Online sales! The world has changed and nigerians are fast learning! No one wants to go to the shop to buy maggi again!, she rather sits and order sanitary pad from her blackberry!
www.xyzstores . com will do the trick

5. University outlets in at least one university in the branch states.
This I'm working on for myself (funclub) and will report on this as soon as I finish my research and feasibility studies.

Note these just came up! I'm still thinking, but I have no fear what so ever about marketing, if we can't market our products then we go hungry na! Then our eyes go clear

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by princeuk21(m): 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
2fishes:

What about somewhere at Choba? Mind U, do not disclose a venue right here. After deciding where to meet, an SMS should be sent out to all participant. Same way SurveyCash conducted theirs in Lagos. Hope U dig.
Thanks bro that is good idea. God Bless You
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by princeuk21(m): 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
2fishes:

There has to be a consensus on this before further 'investigations'

ok Brother
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by princeuk21(m): 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
El Matteo: I believe if we are to import anything, then we have to be 101% sure of the quality. This JV is born out of the collaboration of individuals who have been into importation so I believe that to an extent, getting quality stuffs shouldnt be a big problem.

I suggest we communicate adequately with the supplier and tell him exactly what we want so they can even tailor it to our taste. We can also make sample orders in order to be sure of the quality so we can have ample time to assess the quality before we make our final major orders. This may take some time but I believe something like this should be meticulously orchestrated so we dont end up losing.

If we can do this, then we should have no problem with the customization cos we can vouch for the quality.
Good one Sir
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by princeuk21(m): 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
LIST OF PORT-HARCOURT MEMBERS: perp . hunda. joy (adikij). bumi. princeuk21. Am kicking a meeting on the 15 of august 2013 for the members of the JV portharcourt branch for more info contact me and also send me your name and nairaland nick name on 07012228485. Thanks please if you should be on the list and you are not please send your ID (You can also add your Location) to 07012228485 via SMS. Thanks
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by 2fishes(m): 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
El Matteo: I believe if we are to import anything, then we have to be 101% sure of the quality. This JV is born out of the collaboration of individuals who have been into importation so I believe that to an extent, getting quality stuffs shouldnt be a big problem.

Whenever the Bossman speaks, I literarily run out of words to say. I couldn't agree more!

@SurveyCash, I think it doesn't matter whether anyone including myself have a readily manufacturer that could offer quality products according to specifications; let there still be sample orders with customized +Logo to establish adequate scrutiny of both the supplier and the product.
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by 2fishes(m): 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
@funclub. On point with your last post. ADVERT! ADVERTIZING!! ADVERTIZMENT !!!

It is Advertising (through every available means) then Marketing!
Re: Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone by Gmanc(m): 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
Am in,I rep Gombe

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (40) (Reply)

Photos From Michael Chukwuka Onyema Burial: Celebrities, Politicians Spotted / Dangote And Femi Otedola Watching Arsenal Game In London / Who Knows About Forever Living Products?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.