Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. (22724 Views)

Kenya: Grenade Thrown At British Tourists / Shoe Thrown At Israeli Ambassador In Sweden / New ! Shoes Thrown At George Bush With Pic And Film Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by mastroesco(m): 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
Italy's first black minister, a target of racist slurs since her appointment in April, has condemned a spectator who threw bananas towards her while she was making a speech at a party rally.

Integration minister Cecile Kyenge, who was born in Democratic Republic of Congo, has angered far-right groups with her campaign to make it easier for immigrants to gain Italian citizenship.

Shortly before the incident on Friday, members of the right-wing Forza Nuova group left mannequins covered in fake blood at the site of the rally in Cervia, central Italy, in protest against Kyenge's proposal to make anyone born on Italian soil a citizen.

"Immigration kills," was written on leaflets accompanying the dummies - a slogan Forza Nuova has previously used when referring to murders committed by immigrants in Italy.

Although the bananas missed the stage where Kyenge was speaking, she responded to the gesture on Twitter, calling it "sad" and a waste of food, considering the economic crisis.

"The courage and optimism to change things has to come above all from the bottom up to reach the institutions," she added.

Kyenge has faced regular insults since becoming minister, often from other politicians. Earlier this month a senior parliamentarian in the anti-immigration Northern League party likened her to an orangutan and only apologized after a storm of criticism.

(Reporting by Catherine Hornby; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)

http://news.yahoo.com/bananas-thrown-black-italian-minister-during-speech-094701655.html
Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Arosa(m): 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
The Italians should save the banana for themselves very soon they will have no banana to eat, "considering the economic
crisis.". grin

42 Likes

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Horus(m): 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Integration minister Cecile Kyenge, who was born in Democratic Republic of Congo, has angered far-right groups with her campaign to make it easier for immigrants to gain Italian citizenship.

Why fight for Integration and Italian citizenship in a racist country?, let us develop Africa and there will be no need to beg the racists.
I also suggest that we should raise the price of bananas for Italians grin

32 Likes

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
just imagine the number of bananas wasted and bananas have become expensive in nigeria due to ramadan.italians are crazy people!

4 Likes

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by free2ryhme: 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
take her my fellow blackie> some of themw hite italians never reach where u dey
Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by HezronLorraine(m): 2:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
This is serious.
Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by fr3do(m): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
They just dey waste banana!
angry

2 Likes

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Nightshift(m): 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
Horus:

Why fight for Integration and Italian citizenship in a racist country?, let us develop Africa and there will be no need to beg the racists.
I also suggest that we should raise the price of bananas for Italians grin
Bananas in Italian stores are from South America. The ones from Africa are pineapples, from Ghana and Ivory Coast.
Europeans can go to war for Tea, Coffee and Banana. The banana thrower could even be a Nazi.
Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Nightshift(m): 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
Italians could be terrible racists, especially the ones from rich north. Italian men like black females, i think mainly for the thing under skirt.

1 Like

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
So pathetic these irrational racists are still wallowing in stupidity & ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by 3ace(m): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
Racism! I no even know which of Italy and Germany bad pass for racist abuse. USA is far ahead.

1 Like

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by fishkaveli(m): 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
WTF
Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by rozayx5(m): 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
hope italy check mate racism before it turns into something else shocked
Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by redsun(m): 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
Italy of all place. I will rather be stuck up in a cave in my place eating organic banana than to want to be a citizen of a primitively developed fascist country like that. She asked for it,for bleeping with dem muderfuckers.

3 Likes

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Danhumprey: 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
This is the height of racism! For God's sake,she is an Italian citizen by heritage. Just because she had the misfortune of been born in an African country doesn't make her an outcast! She is still Italian. They should be concerned about what she can offer to rescue their already troubled economy rather than racially abusing her. Where are the anti-racists? Something need to be done urgently.

1 Like

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by victorD3: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
Germans are worst

5 Likes

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by adexway(m): 3:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
Not suprised a bit. The italians have shown over and over again that their tolerance for anything outside that frail whitish colour is zero. Football as a sport has witnessed many episode in this regard. The earlier we develop our home and make it a save haven for ourselves, the better for us.Banana sweet sha!

7 Likes

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
Useless bunch of people leaving on past glory.
Their economy is shi.t, unemployment is rising like £rection. They'd better save the banana for themselves.

The useless blacks over there too have no pride.

1 Like

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Arosa(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
redsun: Italy of all place. I will rather be stuck up in a cave in my place eating organic banana than to want to be a citizen of a primitively developed fascist country like that. She asked for it,for bleeping with dem muderfuckers.

She is a hero. She got more balls than most men.
Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Nightshift(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
victorD3: Germans are worst
It's the Yankees!

1 Like

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
I wish someone would throw me a banana.

1 Like

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by wrench: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
Banana wey i don tey dey fin to chop.
Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Mavrick2012: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
But com to tink abt it,with all this racist slur,MUST WE GO ABROAD?sincerely,i enjoy dis banana tin somtimes.All they sayin is "go n develope Africa"

1 Like

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Pennywise(m): 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
redsun: Italy of all place. I will rather be stuck up in a cave in my place eating organic banana than to want to be a citizen of a primitively developed fascist country like that.

That they have a black African minister doesnt surprise me. Italy has for years been a warm, liberal and open country welcoming of all races. It is looking more like a small America in Europe. Little wonder our own Wole Soyinka singled it out as a country most preferred by him outside Nigeria to live in.

The UK for its pretensions at liberalism doesnt even come close. It is still very much a racist society right from their royal family down the ladder. The most aspiring black candidate for a similar honor in the UK still have to wait another 25yrs at the very least.

2 Likes

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by pbling: 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
ll racism eva stp?jst racism is 2 d wyte here tribalism is 2 us 9ja,i hate it

1 Like

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by movein: 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
Make one oyinbo do mistake throw me banana.. i go peel am chop grin grin I look like i send undecided Mscheeew!

4 Likes

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Nightshift(m): 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
We must also remember that she was certainly a high ranking party official before her appointment.
Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Elevation(m): 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
Danhumprey: This is the height of racism! For God's sake,she is an Italian citizen by heritage. Just because she had the misfortune of been born in an African country doesn't make her an outcast! She is still Italian. They should be concerned about what she can offer to rescue their already troubled economy rather than racially abusing her. Where are the anti-racists? Something need to be done urgently.
Mr Dan its not misfortune to be born in a black soil Africa is unique (one colour).....Italians and other black haters can just go and take a lengthy nap...because there is nothing anyone can do about the uniqueness of an African.

8 Likes

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
Love her no send attitude.

That's the best to live in this crazy world!

No time for sadness!

1 Like

Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by NNMUU(m): 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
Don't this white people know that the banana thing's getting old??
It's gotten to the point that it's now funny.
Come up with some new things you white a.s.s.wipes
Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by venorite(m): 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
A whole prime minister had banana thrown at him and there's no picture to support ur story...pls u guys should try and get pictures,it makes d story look real
Re: Bananas Thrown At Black Italian Minister During Speech. by mjconcept(m): 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
Later they will call us primitive, I wonder how some people think.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Legislator Wants To Make Adultery Legal In New York / Nine Dead In Freedom City Mall Stampede In Namasuba, Uganda (disturbing Photos) / Egyptian Court Sentences 22 Jihadists To Death By Hanging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.