Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (24966 Views)

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / Measles Outbreak At Kenneth Copeland Megachurch / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by pictures: 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
Kenneth Hagin was a man totally operating in a different dimension
of anointing. If Elijah was here , John the Baptist , Ezekiel , Samson who had very strange
anointing and calling, you
would have said the same thing about their ministry.Look around you , God is a God of variety
in His creations. You can't limit Him with your level of knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Tgirl4real(f): 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
Do those names still exist in the WOF movement?

I'm becoming rusty. grin

I am yet to watch, but I can imagine the confusion that will be in it. These guys are responsible for a lot of pentecostal jargons we hear today.

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
pictures: Kenneth Hagin was a man totally operating in a different dimension
of anointing. If Elijah was here , John the Baptist , Ezekiel , Samson who had very strange
anointing and calling, you
would have said the same thing about their ministry.Look around you , God is a God of variety
in His creations. You can't limit Him with your level of knowledge.

Laughter with no control, drunkenness, barking like dogs, crawling like rats is not of GOD.

Where GOD is , there is order, peace and gentleness.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
frosbel:

Laughter with no control, drunkenness, barking like dogs, crawling like rats is not of GOD.

Where GOD is , there is order, peace and gentleness.

smiley
was it the laughter that was your problem?
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by pictures: 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
Were they fighting there? what would you have said if you
were there on the day of Pentecost , when all the disciples were
speaking in tongues and the people thought they were drunk .
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
pictures: Were they fighting there? what would you have said if you
were there on the day of Pentecost , when all the disciples were
speaking in tongues and the people thought they were drunk .
lol, good question.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
You see all these, and you wonder more: heaven and Hell are just fake. Gospel conglomerate. Department of Business

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
So you opened a thread just to criticize these two men? Smh. I love the teachings of kenneth E. Hagin. I haven't found any error in them till today. I do not think you know anything about the spirit of God Mr. Frosbel. You even deny your own spiritual nature. There wouldnt be an argument about sin and a believers salvation in that other thread if the church lived in faith and victory.

3 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
Tgirl4real: Do those names still exist in the WOF movement?

I'm becoming rusty. grin

I am yet to watch, but I can imagine the confusion that will be in it. These guys are responsible for a lot of pentecostal jargons we hear today.
please can you list some of the jargons ma'am? I need to know them.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chibuebem: So you opened a thread just to criticize these two men? Smh. I love the teachings of kenneth E. Hagin. I haven't found any error in them till today. I do not think you know anything about the spirit of God Mr. Frosbel. You even deny your own spiritual nature. There wouldnt be an argument about sin and a believers salvation in that other thread if the church lived in faith and victory.
i do wonder also. With the level @which frosbel criticizes, i do wonder if he enjoys the life of the Spirit. It sounds more like head theology than revelation. Oh! I wonder if he relates with the Holy Ghost, if he enjoys fellowship with God. I know him more as a critic than a spirit filled teacher.
Is Tgirl4real also part of these critics?

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
idnoble135:
i do wonder also. With the level @which frosbel criticizes, i do wonder if he enjoys the life of the Spirit. It sounds more like head theology than revelation. Oh! I wonder if he relates with the Holy Ghost, if he enjoys fellowship with God. I know him more as a critic than a spirit filled teacher.
Is Tgirl4real also part of these critics?
no, i hold deep respect our madam Tgirl4real. I respect oga frosbel too. Its just that he is in the throes of false DOCTRINES, and God will help him. I believe our madam's head is not clogged up, when ones head is clogged up too much, its difficult for the power and spirit in the written word to sink into his spirit. Meditate on Gods word, but discern it spiritually. We shouldn't act like some people i know.

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
if you find nothing wrong with that video, you need deliverance.

1 Corinthians 14:40
King James Version (KJV)
40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

smiley
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
frosbel: if you find nothing wrong with that video, you need deliverance.

smiley
the bible says a spiritual man JUDGES all things(1 corinthians 2:15) i dont know about that video, and i wouldn't run off with it and start criticizing, but i know brother Hagin from his teachings, primarily from his books, and i haven't seen one that isn't soundly scripturally based.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chibuebem: the bible says a spiritual man JUDGES all things(1 corinthians 2:15) i dont know about that video, and i wouldn't run off with it and start criticizing, but i know brother Hagin from his teachings, primarily from his books, and i haven't seen one that isn't soundly scripturally based.

And here you are judging without facts , even without watching the video !

King James Version (KJV)
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
frosbel:

And here you are judging without facts , even without watching the video !

King James Version (KJV)
and here you are jumping to conclusions because of a video. Have you read any book by Kenneth E. Hagin?
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Tgirl4real(f): 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chibuebem: please can you list some of the jargons ma'am? I need to know them.

Dis wan na long thing o. grin

I read your post after this to Frosbel, pls take it easy.

I know Kenneth Hagin tried correcting some of his errors in one of the last books he wrote, I can't remember anymore. I used to be a great follower. One of my dreams was to meet him b4 he died.

Hagin made people focus more on hearing the voice of God than following scriptures, he promoted seeing of visions and out of body experiences. He is one of the major fathers of the WOF movement making people more selfcentered than being Christ-centered. He gave personal def to biblical terms like Word of Knowledge, wisdom without any scriptural backing.

The baba o of move of the spirit - u can see the confusion in the video up there.

Copeland on the otherhand is worse. He took the prosperity gospel to a whole new level. His teachings are like that of Oyaks.

I can't remember much cos I stopped following them a long time ago and I am so limited right now.

Google may help you better.

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Tgirl4real(f): 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chibuebem: no, i hold deep respect our madam Tgirl4real. I respect oga frosbel too. Its just that he is in the throes of false DOCTRINES, and God will help him. I believe our madam's head is not clogged up, when ones head is clogged up too much, its difficult for the power and spirit in the written word to sink into his spirit. Meditate on Gods word, but discern it spiritually. We shouldn't act like some people i know.

Thanks for the kind words. I have left the critic biz for the men and teachers. grin

I just believe some things are said without given. I assumed we all are on the same page about certain things, forgetting this is NL.

Well, I respect Hagin a lot and followed him religiously (I used to think I had the prophetic calling) wink

One of the visions he had that didn't come to pass is that he was gonna see Jesus' second coming b4 he died.

He was also not totally truthful about his healing. He was hospitalized b4 he died.

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
^ i asked a question earlier.
frosbel: if you find nothing wrong with that video, you need deliverance.

King James Version (KJV)

smiley
If some thing is wrong with it, can you please explain why the bible said the apostles were thought to be drunk when they recieved the Holy Spirit in Acts 2
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
idnoble135: ^ i asked a question earlier.
If some thing is wrong with it, can you please explain why the bible said the apostles were thought to be drunk when they recieved the Holy Spirit in Acts 2

They were praising GOD in other tongues.

There was no uncontrollable laughter, shaking violently, barking like dogs, crawling on the floor etc.

God is not the author of confusion.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
I guess if this was not in the bible, frosbel would have condemned it and said it was the fruit of a demon.1 sam 19:23-24
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
frosbel:

There was no uncontrollable laughter, shaking violently, barking like dogs, crawling on the floor etc.

was it praise that would make the jews who were already familiar with praising God draw up such conclusions? It was definitely more than just praise!
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Thanks for the kind words. I have left the critic biz for the men and teachers. grin

I just believe some things are said without given. I assumed we all are on the same page about certain things, forgetting this is NL.

Well, I respect Hagin a lot and followed him religiously (I used to think I had the prophetic calling) wink

One of the visions he had that didn't come to pass is that he was gonna see Jesus' second coming b4 he died.

He was also not totally truthful about his healing. He was hospitalized b4 he died.
hmmm. I've read some of his books. I read some bad stuff about him on google too. But as for me, i judge all things with Gods word. I dont gulp both food and poison. That doesnt mean i will go off criticizing. If i see anything that contradicts Gods word, i will not accept it. Interesting, thanks very much, your words made me think. I believe this is a lesson for us all to learn. We get a point across not by biting remarks and insults, or cutting words with a smiley at tached(oga frosbel cheesy). We get by gentle answers(it depends) and peaceful discussions.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Tgirl4real(f): 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
frosbel:

To hit nail right on the head...

It's cos they heard them speak in tongues (languages) they didn't speak originally.

Here is an interesting article on judging and naming names;

http://www.christly-minded..com/2013/07/is-it-right-to-judge-to-expose-error.html?m=1

I may create a thread on this some time soon.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=Chibuebem]hmmm. I've read some of his books. I read some bad stuff about him on google too. But as for me, i judge all things with Gods word. I dont gulp both food and poison. That doesnt mean i will go off criticizing. If i see anything that contradicts Gods word, i will not accept it

How about warning others when you realise a teacher is propagating poison ? Is a teacher who produces both truth and error not more dangerous than an outrightly false teacher? And by not exposing them, how then are you watching out for your brethren.

smiley

Ephesians 5:11

1 Like

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]I understand. Maybe in the latter part of his life, he got into error. But you did not warn us, you simply criticized him.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by plaetton: 11:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
solidbroda: You see all these, and you wonder more: heaven and Hell are just fake. Gospel conglomerate. Department of Business

They just can't get it that these guys are businessmen first, who have to carve out a persona,(their own trademarks), then like circus clowns, they have to performances for their paying audiences.
The bible, god, Jesus , etc. Are just the bait for the fishes who are bereft of critical thinking.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Candour(m): 11:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
Tgirl4real:

@the bolded is the problem i have with a lot of our renowned MOG today.Why coat the truth about your personal trials? until when we put on incorruptible body,this body of flesh we have will remain subject to the curse pronounced in Genesis.It was after Oral Roberts died that it became public knowledge that he had a pacemaker inserted to aid his failing heart.That wasn't a sin,it just showed he was human.Admitting it would even encourage others who are in similar situations to know that God still loves and cares for them.

frosbel: How about warning others when you realise a teacher is propagating poison ? Is a teacher who produces both truth and error not more dangerous than an outrightly false teacher? And by not exposing them, how then are you watching out for your brethren.

smiley

Ephesians 5:11

My brother, i believe in exposing false doctrine but we shouldn't destroy tender plants in the process.We should avoid getting personal as much as possible.When you make it look like you're on a personal vendetta, the crux of your message will be lost as it degenerates to mudslinging.This has happened too often recently and i feel i should caution you.I fall into this trap sometimes too but i refuse to excuse it.God is not even remotely glorified when we his children try to consume each other.Dont let your good be evil spoken of.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by nlMediator: 6:19am On Jul 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Dis wan na long thing o. grin

I read your post after this to Frosbel, pls take it easy.

I know Kenneth Hagin tried correcting some of his errors in one of the last books he wrote, I can't remember anymore. I used to be a great follower. One of my dreams was to meet him b4 he died.

Hagin made people focus more on hearing the voice of God than following scriptures, he promoted seeing of visions and out of body experiences. He is one of the major fathers of the WOF movement making people more selfcentered than being Christ-centered. He gave personal def to biblical terms like Word of Knowledge, wisdom without any scriptural backing.

The baba o of move of the spirit - u can see the confusion in the video up there.

Copeland on the otherhand is worse. He took the prosperity gospel to a whole new level. His teachings are like that of Oyaks.

I can't remember much cos I stopped following them a long time ago and I am so limited right now.

Google may help you better.

Regretfully, your post is filled with errors founded on limited knowledge of the subject you're speaking about. And that's part of why being "critical" can be a problem. Here's a sample of your errors.

1. Hagin wrote a book correcting his errors. What book was that? I'm pretty sure it only exists in your imagination. He wrote a book, The Midas Touch, correcting some of the excesses of his "followers" in the ministry.

2. He defined terms like Word of Knowledge, wisdom, without scriptural backing. And you are sure he defined them by himself? Or did you not read where he made clear he was drawing from the studies of others, at least on the 2 concepts you mentioned?

3. He promoted out of body experiences and visions. Really? The same Hagin that always emphasized the Word of God above visions, even telling Jesus in a vision that he would not believe what He was saying unless Jesus could back it up with the Bible? The same Hagin that was against lifting spiritual experiences above the written Word?

Let me stop here. It's obvious you know very little about Bro. Hagin. And have read very few of his works or at least read them with understanding.

8 Likes

Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by nlMediator: 6:25am On Jul 28, 2013
Also, I'm not sure I understand this stuff about not being truthful about his healing. For all I know, his healing testimonies were about being healed as a teenager. Are you saying that somebody that was healed in his teens and lived up to 80 plus years could never have fallen sick in his old age? Or he was not truthful about being sick in his old age? I'm not following the point here, if any.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 28, 2013
nlMediator:

Regretfully, your post is filled with errors founded on limited knowledge of the subject you're speaking about. And that's part of why being "critical" can be a problem. Here's a sample of your errors.

1. Hagin wrote a book correcting his errors. What book was that? I'm pretty sure it only exists in your imagination. He wrote a book, The Midas Touch, correcting some of the excesses of his "followers" in the ministry.

2. He defined terms like Word of Knowledge, wisdom, without scriptural backing. And you are sure he defined them by himself? Or did you not read where he made clear he was drawing from the studies of others, at least on the 2 concepts you mentioned?

3. He promoted out of body experiences and visions. Really? The same Hagin that always emphasized the Word of God above visions, even telling Jesus in a vision that he would not believe what He was saying unless Jesus could back it up with the Bible? The same Hagin that was against lifting spiritual experiences above the written Word?

Let me stop here. It's obvious you know very little about Bro. Hagin. And have read very few of his works or at least read them with understanding.
God bless you jare, people come online and criticize what they have no knowledege about simply because they read some unpleasant articles about the ministry on the internet,why not stick to the bible and let God be the judge of ministries. In order to expose errors they themselves also fall into the same error.May God help us.
Re: Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 28, 2013
^
^^
Good job to the last two people who commented before me. God bless you. Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Paris New Morning Water Crusade With Prophet TB Joshua / ₦100m Was Paid For My Release - Samuel Uche (Methodist Cleric)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.