Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? (20375 Views)

3 Text Messages To Send Your Ex Girlfriend To Make Her Come Running Back To You / Guys Or Babes, Who Lose Their Virginity The Earliest? / My Girlfriend To Be Eats Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by SlyIg(f): 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
Send her parking and she will be motivated.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
Am speechless for now.Lemme search google for answers,brb.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
Gastric bypass. That's all
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by dangerzone: 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
Zap her 3times a day,it's a proven exercise of loosing weight too
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by TV01(m): 2:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
White007: What Do You Do When Your Spouse/Loved One Doesn't Exercise.
I’ve been dating someone for the last year who has been talking about losing weight and has yet to do so. I would say she is easily 40 lbs overweight.

3 whole stone? That's a lot - whatever her optimum weight should be.

White007:
I’ve tried working out with her with no success. She loves food and has a tendency to lay down and even nap after dinner. All she wants to do is lay down. It makes me crazy.

The good thing is that it sounds like it's solely down to her lifestyle, so should melt away if she takes it seriously

White007:
We’ve tried talking about it and the only thing that happens is we argue and I get disgusted. If I encourage her to join me for walks or any activity she gives up right away.

But it sounds like she doesn't want too and to be honest "you can lead an overweight person to the gym/park....

White007:
I want to see her get better because I know it will affect her health as she ages and I don’t know what to do. I care very much for her but I feel I’m fighting a losing battle.

Diplomatically couched and true. But physique and looks are also a consideration.

White007:
I welcome all suggestions, please.

You;
- I question why you pursued the relationship in the first instance. Men are very "sensory" creatures - at least to begin. In fact I'll fault you on this, because you approached her as she was and she has every right to expect that you accept her as she is. It would have been more honest to make it clear pre-commitment that this was an issue and given her the choice. And even better, that you hadn't gone there seeing as how important this is too you. Having said that, she should still appreciate there is an issue here and try and work with you.

- This is clearly critical too you and I have no sense that the other qualities you saw adequately compensate here?

- Be very clear that this will not improve with age, child-birth and continued neglect, but steadily worsen. You cannot afford to get to a position of finding your wife physically unattractive or visually unappealing.

- I would honestly say this is a deal breaker.

Her;
- Coaching (not training per se) may help her do this. But only if she wants it, which it doesn't sound like she does.

- Women are very sensitive about looks and appearance and your continued run-ins over this will take their toll. Be careful, enuff self-esteem threads.

- Looks liker a deal breaker from this end as well.

I'm also a bit of a gym rat and it was something that I knew would factor for me. It was always going to be tough as at that point, our ladies did not "typically" have a health/exercise/nutrition mentality. I figured I'd marry someone at least ten years younger, so that it would be less of an issue for me as we both aged. And someone slightly smaller than ideal so that child-birth wouldn't make too much of a difference.

I even joined a regular gym, but what they made up in physique, they typically lacked in faith or we just didn't gel. Thank God, he answered me in my infirmities. I met someone who had a routine in place. And I think that's key, she wasn't doing it to please me, she got it. I still have to encourage her sometimes, but it's not a wholesale mindset change.

Everything else fell in place too. If you are looking for a wife, be more focused, it'll make for less hassle and time wasted.

I wish you all the best in your search.

TV
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by sweetcheecks(f): 2:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
DICKtator:

Op kindly ignore this post if you do not want your girl looking like Precious, Madam that is Commander-in-Chief alias the First man, the old Monique or Eniola Badmus

grin grin grin grin

Well, he has tried telling, begging, motivating and scaring her about health issues, So how has that been working for him soo far? undecided You cannot continue doing the samething over and over and expect different results.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by toprealman: 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
Nap after dinner.....is she a gate woman? After dinner what else is left do apart from sleep? Is there something you failed to tell us you are obsessed about?
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by free2ryhme: 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Well, he has tried telling, begging, motivating and scaring her about health issues, So how has that been working for him soo far? undecided You cannot continue doing the samething over and over and expect different results.

give her rat poison grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by sweetcheecks(f): 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
free2ryhme:

You baaaaad!
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by sweetcheecks(f): 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
free2ryhme:

You baaaaad! grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by fankasibe: 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
I had same problem last year with my gf, all i did was to make new friends with skinny girls (lèppa-shandi)....suddenly she feel in love with early morning walk-out.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by devour129: 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
Omo_Alata: That is a really really tough one. The saying "you can only help those who want to help themselves" comes to mind. You can't really force nor talk someone into doing something that they are not emotionally ready to do. The person has to get to that point on their own.

I live a very healthy lifestyle so I know what is it like to be with someone who is the completely opposite of you. It makes you very annoyed, irritated, disappointed and a little resentful. If you love the person a lot, you can only sit and hope for the day they reach that level on their own. Because the more you trying to push them, the more they will not do it. If healthy living is extremely important to you and being with someone who follows the same philosophy is as important, then you may have to walk away from them.
. You are right.i workout everyday,my hubby hates to work out.the more I try to convince him the more I meet a brick walk.the new thing now is he has started discouraging .if I have simple headache he will say its because I work out a lot that am not supposed to do it everyday but thrice a week.i know myself ,we are big in my family n if I relent I will become fat very fast n will never loose it. My advice is to let be,she will wake up one day and see what she has done to her self like I did n you will be the one begging her to stop like my hubby is doing now smiley

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by free2ryhme: 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
sweetcheecks:

You baaaaad! grin grin grin

i was only being friendly with my guys plight grin

e don suffer too much grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by free2ryhme: 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
devour129: . You are right.i workout everyday,my hubby hates to work out.the more I try to convince him the more I meet a brick walk.the new thing now is he has started discouraging .if I have simple headache he will say its because I work out a lot that am not supposed to do it everyday but thrice a week.i know myself ,we are big in my family n if I relent I will become fat very fast n will never loose it.

narrator

The OP is not married not to even talk of engage
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by aniiii(f): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
DICKtator:

When you want to have sexxx with her, make sure she does the "sit-down-on-the-nail" position.As she goes up and down while tigthening her Poosie walls, she would be exercising her waist, her legs and her Arsenal. It works well.
Ensure you do this frequently!!!!!
Insist that is the position you want!!!!
Do not hit her from the back cos that would only make her "bom-bom" grow bigger!!!!!

Is this the sexuality section?
oh my!!!!!
not again!!!!!
got carried away!!!!!

okay op you know what? dump her and get that Genvieve-looking-i-wanna-smash-everynight-cos-she-makes-me-hard-all-the-time geh!!!!

grin grin grin grin

grin lmao! you ain't never lie though!
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by fankasibe: 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2013
White007: What Do You Do When Your Spouse/Loved One Doesn't Exercise.

I’ve been dating someone for the last year who has been talking about losing weight and has yet to do so. I would say she is easily 40 lbs overweight.

I’ve tried working out with her with no success. She loves food and has a tendency to lay down and even nap after dinner. All she wants to do is lay down. It makes me crazy.

We’ve tried talking about it and the only thing that happens is we argue and I get disgusted. If I encourage her to join me for walks or any activity she gives up right away.

I want to see her get better because I know it will affect her health as she ages and I don’t know what to do. I care very much for her but I feel I’m fighting a losing battle.

I welcome all suggestions, please.

i'm sure d babe is frm a very rich family while ur's isn't, don't tell me all dat sacrifice was for love. Ur maga go soon pay (say amen)
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by aniiii(f): 2:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
Op get her to drink a cup of lemon water every morning. ( it works wonders)

Also she needs to add iron to her diet! she seems to get tired easily.

Try scaring her, tell her if she takes no action you are out to find you a hottie mama.

Try chasing her round the house playfully. For example, buy some chips/burger for her and then take it and run so she can run after you grin That way she is introducing her body to exercise.

Try encouraging her to consume more fishy foods.

Try loading her fridge with fruits and vegetables..

Try pasting pictures of bad fat related diseases on her room wall. When she questions you, tell her you are preparing her for her future if she continues her unhealthy habit.

Buy her hula hoops and skipping ropes or get a trampolin at your back garden.

If you have a fit female close friend, discuss gyming with her. If she agrees, make sure your girl sees you two going to gym. Hopefully she gets jealous and gets her arse up to work..

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by kliq(m): 2:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
dump d plumpy n let her knw d reason why,if however she's ready to adjust...she'll do it willingly
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by stanech: 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
Chook am with needle she go fly arround like baloon but mk sure say u lock the windows and doors first.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
Stressing her will only make it worse ,she will gain even more weight

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Ayab1203(f): 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
Start by telling her to excersise. Then tell her that she can actually eat all she likes to eat but IN SMALL PORTIONS while snacking on fruits . Tell her u love her so much that u want both of u to live long and enjoy life together and finally, the TONGUE as a taste organ is too small to determine the fate of her entire body!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2013
Trying to help someone who doesnt want to help her self...hmmm...u are on a long thing o.
just have a heart-to-heart talk with her.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by free2ryhme: 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
aniiii: Op get her to drink a cup of lemon water every morning. ( it works wonders)

Try scaring her, tell her if she takes no action you are out to find you a hottie mama.

Try chasing her round the house playfully. For example, buy some chips/burger for her and then take it and run so she can run after you grin That way she is introducing her body to exercise.

Try pasting pictures of bad fat related diseases on her room wall. When she questions you, tell her you are preparing her for her future if she continues her unhealthy habit.

get her to drink a cup of lemon water every morning
You wan turn my guy to nanny

Is she dat lazy? undecided

IS he a babysitter angry

Try chasing her round the house playfully.
if the girl lives in a face me i face your apartment nkor

Is he her father? angry

Try pasting pictures of bad fat related diseases on her room wall.
Guy is not jobless. shocked

Na mature man you wan turn to mumu becuase im babe no gree lose weight

wetin we no go read for NL .

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by inosend: 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
Small thing, just promise her a box of chocolate after each session of exercise.
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by MAYOWAAK: 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
It so bad that you are experiencing this before marriage!

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by playahP(m): 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
You don't just go about trying to change someone to fit your "perfect image".
Wasn't she over weight before you met her??... Yet you still went for her like that right??

I know people like you and you are the kinda person I wld dread like a plague!!

If she is comfortable with her weight then why do you want to go about making her insecure.

Please take a chill pill and let her be.
If u can't cope, then quit d relationship and go find ur ms. Perfect body!!!
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by egift(m): 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
Op: There are alot of slim medication she can take to loose weight without going through exercise. Google them.

You can also check http://www.mf3africanow.com/products.htm (Myopep and Myoslim).
Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by sul4(m): 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2013
Ebig22: fu*ck u and ur modafucking fatty

Mumu if u don't know what 2 say u shut ur mouth,u mustn't comment

1 Like

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by LoveAmaka88(f): 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
1. Your habits will affect her habits. If you ask her to prepare you healthier food, you eat healthier foods around her, and you take her out to places with healthier options, that may help. Also, maintain your workout routine even if she slacks, your commitment can be inspiring.

2. The company she keeps may be another factor. Most of my friends and I have similar body types, so if I started gaining weigh I would turn into the fat girl in the group. However, I had a friend who didn't realize how big she had gotten because mom, aunties, and close friends were big women as well.

3. Take her on dates that involve undercover exercise. For example, go on a romantic walk before dinner each night. Make it your time to talk and share your feelings. She won't be too sluggish to go out after a full meal and the water you guys should be drinking will cause her to eat less at meal time. My boyfriend took me bike riding (I was very reluctant at first but had an amazing time). Go out dancing, but limit the fatty bar food and high calorie alcoholic beverages.

4. Some women feel insecure working out with men, so she may not want to hit the gym with you. If your sister or female cousin likes her and goes to workout from time to time, you can encourage them to go together.

She probably already feels bad about the weight and maybe even helpless. You can be direct about your feelings but don't keep nagging (a lot of women are emotional eaters). Starting off small like 1 apple each day or a 10 minute walk before dinner may slowly turn into a healthier lifestyle over time.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Motivate My Girlfriend To Lose Weight? by LoveAmaka88(f): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SINGLE MEN: Don't Take Your Woman For Granted - Bamisepeters' Blog / Big Brother Naija Cocoice Bares Her B00bs And Breastfeeds Bassey (VIDEO +PICS) / What Do Guys Admire In A Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.