Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River (10204 Views)

Soldiers Conveying Goods Step On Mine At Nigeria/cameroon Border. Graphic Photos / Soldiers Conveying Foodstuff To Troops Ambushed By Boko Haram Men, 2 Killed / Wives, Children Stop Military Trucks Conveying Soldiers To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by Youngzedd(m): 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2013

BY DAUD OLATUNJI
ABEOKUTA — Emo-tions ran high, Thursdayy, when a car in which a man, his wife and two children were travelling suddenly plunged into Ososa river on Lagos-Bennin road in Odogbolu Local Government Area of Ogun State.

The Ijebu-Ode Unit Commander of the Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC, Isa Seidu confirmed the incident, saying the occupants were not dead yet.

The FRSC boss who explained that the family members were coming from Lagos before the incident, however, said timely rescue efforts saved their lives.

Seidu said: “A black End of Discussion Honda car with number plate EA 768 LSR which was conveying a family of four crashed into the river in the early hour of today (yesterday) due to over speeding, but fortunately no life was lost.

“The man and his wife and two children, a male and a female, were rescued without any injury.”

Seidu, however, appealed to motorists plying Sagamu-Ore-Benin expressway to always exercise caution.

He said: “I want to passionately appeal to motorists plying Sagamu-Ore-Benin highway to always excercise caution.

“ Due to heavy rain at this period, rivers on this highway have risen in volume and there is need for motorists to always apply common sense when approaching these rivers.”

Seidu added that motorists should particularly beware of Ososa river, Ogbere and J4 bridge in Ijebu-East local government

Source
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
no pix
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by otokx(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2013
It appears most accidents in Nigeria are due to over speeding.
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by Youngzedd(m): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2013
otokx: It appears most accidents in Nigeria are due to over speeding.
Yeah, one of the cause.
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by Vicjay1(m): 9:35am On Jul 29, 2013
Than God notin happened to dem. WARNING!!
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by devigblegble: 9:36am On Jul 29, 2013
Alhamdulilai for their life

1 Like

Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by kennyonthrone(m): 9:36am On Jul 29, 2013
Sumtin in me is doubtin dis story. Kuz e gt K leg bt if true tnk God 4 savin dia life even though d live 2day 2 die anoda day
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by ProfessorPP(m): 9:40am On Jul 29, 2013
I'h not confirm it yet bcus I live in Odogbolu very close to Ososa. cool
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by sugardaddy1(m): 9:43am On Jul 29, 2013
Glad to note there was no loss of life, kudos to the rescuers at the scene.

Let's drive carefully and always keep our vehicles in road worthy conditions.
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:45am On Jul 29, 2013
Accident is not a new thing. No live lost, it shouldn't be news abeg
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by nerodenero: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2013
Bertadayz: no pix
No source too
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by kcreal(f): 9:59am On Jul 29, 2013
Adeskids, na so e reach u?
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by Caracta(f): 10:01am On Jul 29, 2013
Such a news for front page. undecided Thank God no life was lost.
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by dridowu: 10:07am On Jul 29, 2013
Thank God no life was lost
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by kingarizona(m): 10:16am On Jul 29, 2013
igbsam:

Please Ban this idi0t.....He just escaped from a lunatic home located at the far end of abeokuta.

@post: Meanwhile, 80% of accident in nigeria are caused by over speeding. The rest includes carelessness, impatient and drunk driving.

The fool cant even spell NIGERIA!!(Naigeria)
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by tellwisdom: 10:20am On Jul 29, 2013
Please what is the meaning of plunges??....You mean electric plug??
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by mrofficial(m): 10:37am On Jul 29, 2013
Running to no where. When it's raining, use your head and always think about your life.

1 Like

Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by Riddelx: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2013
gud..
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by 190: 11:59am On Jul 29, 2013
Let me build my house on this space
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by profola2be(m): 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
king arizona:

The fool cant even spell NIGERIA!!(Naigeria)
Honestly,you need some Tension cooling drugs urgently,failure of which could take you back to the far end of Abeokuta!
Back to the topic:please,I wamt implore everyone of to please,take caution while driving in this raining season!
God will continue to watch over us in Jesus name!
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by honeikate(f): 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
Thank God no life was lost,lesson for all-drive carefully cos life gat no spare.

@op,no pix
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by Omobarca: 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
No peeshursss
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by Josh316(m): 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
there is need for motorists to always apply common sense

Something missing with a good number of Nigerian Drivers
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by JbravoAdodger(m): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
I want a girl with a short skirt, and a looooooooong jacket!! La la la la la la
Re: Car Conveying Family Of 4 Plunges Into River by Godson201333(m): 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
Professor PP: I'h not confirm it yet bcus I live in Odogbolu very close to Ososa. cool

why dont you run to the express way sharp sharp just to confirm? grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

SERAP Condemns Attacks On Revolution Now Protesters / APC Asks Nigerians To Keep Supporting Buhari Against Boko Haram, UGM / 2023: APC Should Give Its Ticket To A Southwest Muslim - Yoruba Muslim Scholars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.