Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? (9026 Views)

Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian? / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by geefasee: 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
The bible says, there is no condemnation for those who are in christ jesus. Now does it mean if someone gives his life to jesus, the parental curse etc is canceled & everything is settled?
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by christemmbassey(m): 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
geefasee: The bible says, there is no condemnation for those who are in christ jesus. Now does it mean if someone gives his life to jesus, the parental curse etc is canceled & everything is settled?
ƴes, the bible saƴs, 'if any man is in Christ, he is a NEW CREATION,.....2Cor 15:17, if you are a christian, you are nolonger traceable to ur physical(fleshly) father/family, ure now part of the family of God, bc Christ bought you with a price(his blood)-1cor 6:20. As for deliverance, the bible says that God HAD DELIVERED us(christians) from the power of darkness and translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son(JESUS). Read also Hebrews 2:14-15. And 1PETER2:9 saƴs God had called us(christians) out of darkness INTO HIS MAVELOUSE light. Remain blessed.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by PastorOluT(m): 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
geefasee: The bible says, there is no condemnation for those who are in christ jesus. Now does it mean if someone gives his life to jesus, the parental curse etc is canceled & everything is settled?

It depends, and what do u mean by diliverance?
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 8:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
Deliverance MEANS 'accepting and believing what is already done and completed by and in and through Christ'. Check your concordance. As a Christian, you CAN'T BE BLESSED MORE THAN WHAT CHRIST HAD DONE FOR YOU.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by PastorOluT(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360: Deliverance MEANS 'accepting and believing what is already done and completed by and in and through Christ'. Check your concordance. As a Christian, you CAN'T BE BLESSED MORE THAN WHAT CHRIST HAD DONE FOR YOU.

Don't really get un but diverance for xtians is from ignorance, when U don't know all that u have in Christ and that He has done for u, the devil will always take advantage of the said xtian thereby keeping him in bondage in that aspect.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Don't really get un but diverance for xtians is from ignorance, when U don't know all that u have in Christ and that He has done for u, the devil will always take advantage of the said xtian thereby keeping him in bondage in that aspect.

That's EXACTLY why it is NOT going for deliverance session that brings such people out of bondage BUT OPENING THEIR EYES OF UNDERSTANDING that brings such inheritance in Christ to manifestation in their lives.

I was young and now mature in faith, I never read of a CHRISTIAN going for deliverance in scripture but I read a Christian is one who is ALREADY delivered EXCEPT for a Christian that puts himself or herself under the BONDAGE OF THE MOSAIC LAWS.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by PastorOluT(m): 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

That's EXACTLY why it is NOT going for deliverance session that brings such people out of bondage BUT OPENING THEIR EYES OF UNDERSTANDING that brings such inheritance in Christ to manifestation in their lives.

I was young and now mature in faith, I never read of a CHRISTIAN going for deliverance in scripture but I read a Christian is one who is ALREADY delivered.

That's why I simply asked what he meant by diliverance, he mighT not mean going for diliverance sessions?
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
^ Again, you right and we might also ask....deliverance FROM WHAT?
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by PastorOluT(m): 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

I was young and now mature in faith, I never read of a CHRISTIAN going for deliverance in scripture but I read a Christian is one who is ALREADY delivered EXCEPT for a Christian that puts himself or herself under the BONDAGE OF THE MOSAIC LAWS.

Coming to parental curses n all, what's ur position on that for I believe that's the op's main question?
This is very sensitive!
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
Op I don't have biblical backing on this topic but the person surely needs deliverance. This is one part I can't explain but I've seen pastors and great men of God being delivered. That says a lot about this topic.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by PastorOluT(m): 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2013
blink182: Op I don't have biblical backing on this topic but the person surely needs deliverance. This is one part I can't explain but I've seen pastors and great men of God being delivered. That says a lot about this topic.

Diliverance from what? We xtians like putting oursleves in unnecessary bodage, the only diliverance a xtian needs is from ignorance. This is not to mean that there are not strongholds that stands on the way, this will be dismantled by the same weapon 2Corinthians 10:3-5.

But a baby xtian can still be taken advantage of by the devil and held in bondage which is the reason every xtian should endeavor to grow.Also the. Xtian should be. Watchful in prayer and study as he grows. 'Cos these are his spiritual armor as he continues to fight the fight of faith and hold his ground.

I believe this also applies for parental curses, as the xtian grows his eyes will constantly be opened to how he needs to tackle this and he. Walks in the freedom which Christ has made him free.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Diliverance from what? We xtians like putting oursleves in unnecessary bodage, the only diliverance a xtian needs is from ignorance. This is not to mean that there are not strongholds that stands on the way, this will be dismantled by the same weapon 2Corinthians 10:3-5.

But a baby xtian can still be taken advantage of by the devil and held in bondage which is the reason every xtian should endeavor to grow.Also the. Xtian should be. Watchful in prayer and study as he grows. 'Cos these are his spiritual armor as he continues to fight the fight of faith and hold his ground.

I believe this also applies for parental curses, as the xtian grows his eyes will constantly be opened to how he needs to tackle this and he. Walks in the freedom which Christ has made him free.

I'm Goshen360 and I ENDORSE this message!

1 Like

Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Yvete(f): 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
Being born again means being delivered from sin and acceptance of a new life in Christ.

On the other hand, one could be born-again and possessed by demons. Some people need deliverance from generational curses and other involuntary ways in which demons possess (or oppress) a person. I attended a deliverance service last year where one of my sister's friends was displaying all kinds of acrobatic moves, back-flipping and screaming. She's always at Church and sings in the choir. shocked My sister and I were stunned.

1 Like

Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by christemmbassey(m): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
Yvete: Being born again means being delivered from sin and acceptance of a new life in Christ.

On the other hand, one could be born-again and possessed by demons. Some people need deliverance from generational curses and other involuntary ways in which demons possess (or oppress) a person. I attended a deliverance service last year where one of my sister's friends was displaying all kinds of acrobatic moves, back-flipping and screaming. She's always at Church and sings in the choir. shocked My sister and I were stunned.
a christian does NOT NEED deliverance, its either we choose to believe God or not @ Goshen and pastor Olu'. A christian can NOT BE CURSed, all the curses are baɓk dated to the cross.

1 Like

Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
christemmbassey: a christian does NOT NEED deliverance, its either we choose to believe God or not @ Goshen and pastor Olu'. A christian can NOT BE CURSed, all the curses are baɓk dated to the cross.

Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by MostHigh: 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

Narcissism

grin
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
MostHigh:

Narcissism

grin

but our message is that Christ was crucified. This offends Jewish people and makes no sense to people who are not Jewish.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Yvete(f): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
christemmbassey: a christian does NOT NEED deliverance, its either we choose to believe God or not @ Goshen and pastor Olu'. A christian can NOT BE CURSed, all the curses are baɓk dated to the cross.

The doctrine of 'once saved, ever saved' is false. Just because they've accepted Jesus doesn't mean a person is completely delivered from demonic bondage following them through the years. It depends. Don't tell me there are no witches in the Church.

You are entitled to your opinion. I like to stay out of religious debates on NL. I'm not a preachers' daughter. grin
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by MostHigh: 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

but our message is that Christ was crucified. This offends Jewish people and makes no sense to people who are not Jewish.

Pure Narcissism.

wink
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2013
Yvete:

The doctrine of 'once saved, ever saved' is false. Just because they've accepted Jesus doesn't mean a person is completely delivered from demonic bondage following them through the years. It depends. Don't tell me there are no witches in the Church.

You are entitled to your opinion. I like to stay away from religious debates on NL. I'm not a preachers' daughter. grin

This is not matter of one's opinion or not. The Bible is our standard. Please, use scriptures. Show us from scripture where A CHRISTIAN went for deliverance services or deliverance was conducted on a CHRISTIAN. It's not a matter of one saved forever saved we talking about here; it's a matter of NEW creation.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by nlMediator: 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
Goshen360:

This is not matter of one's opinion or not. The Bible is our standard. Please, use scriptures. Show us from scripture where A CHRISTIAN went for deliverance services or deliverance was conducted on a CHRISTIAN. It's not a matter of one saved forever saved we talking about here; it's a matter of NEW creation.

So, if no christian went for deliverance in the Scriptures, that settles the question? Can you tell us how many people were listed as demon possessed in the Bible before Jesus came and started delivering people? One more thing: I'm sorry to say but you're being hypocritical on this issue. When you claimed that sex between engaged couples was legitimate, you were asked to provide evidence of the practice from the Bible. Not only could you not, but you kept on defending your position. Maybe, you should apply the same yard stick to deliverance.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
nlMediator:

1. So, if no christian went for deliverance in the Scriptures, that settles the question?

2. Can you tell us how many people were listed as demon possessed in the Bible before Jesus came and started delivering people?

3. One more thing: I'm sorry to say but you're being hypocritical on this issue. When you claimed that sex between engaged couples was legitimate, you were asked to provide evidence of the practice from the Bible. Not only could you not, but you kept on defending your position. Maybe, you should apply the same yard stick to deliverance.

1. If no Christian went for deliverance, that settles it! The word of God is our standard. If you people can't provide example where Christians are being delivered from demonic oppression, you have not valid claim to this deliverance for Christians because you don't understand who a Christian is.

2. People delivered by Christ? And those are Christians? You must be insulting the finished works of Christ and the cross with his precious blood.

3. And you people were able to define that fornication means what you defined it to mean or we follow the words of Christ? There's no validity for Christian going for deliverance from scriptures and to that we hold our faith in what Christ had accomplished for us.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by nlMediator: 12:09am On Jul 29, 2013
Goshen360:

1. If no Christian went for deliverance, that settles it! The word of God is our standard. If you people can't provide example where Christians are being delivered from demonic oppression, you have not valid claim to this deliverance for Christians because you don't understand who a Christian is.

2. People delivered by Christ? And those are Christians? You must be insulting the finished works of Christ and the cross with his precious blood.

3. And you people were able to define that fornication means what you defined it to mean or we follow the words of Christ? There's no validity for Christian going for deliverance from scriptures and to that we hold our faith in what Christ had accomplished for us.

Cool.

1. If no engaged christian in the Bible slept with the partner, that settles it. We cannot preach it today. Do you realize that's what you're saying, by analogy? Until you can present evidence of any christian couple sleeping before marriage in the Bible and receiving endorsement, you cannot support it. Of course, you wouldn't do that, but would rather spend days and weeks defending something you cannot find in the Bible. Yet, when somebody brings up something else hey allegedly cannot find in the Bible, you reject it on that basis. Your approach goes contra to any rule of integrity and credibility that I know.

2. You misunderstood my question about demon possession before Jesus. If you read the Bible before Jesus started delivering people, you could also argue that nobody was demon possessed. From Genesis to Malachi, you can rarely find an account of people bound by evil spirits. Yet, there were many such people. Obviously, demon possession did not just start when Jesus began His ministry. So, let's use your logic. Was anybody possessed in the OT and in the 4 gospels before Jesus turned 30? Well, since we can hardly find any such incident, then nobody was possessed. Or you disagree?

3. I once asked you about the gift of discerning of spirits. What is that gift doing in the Church? Is it only to be used to discern devils in unbelievers? If your answer is Yes, where does the Bible say that? Again, remember unless you can show me where the Bible says it, it cannot be true. We're going solely by your rules or standard here. So, I'm waiting to see how you reach the conclusion that that gift is only for believers when we have no evidence in the Bible to that effect.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 12:42am On Jul 29, 2013
nlMediator:

Cool.

1. If no engaged christian in the Bible slept with the partner, that settles it. We cannot preach it today. Do you realize that's what you're saying, by analogy? Until you can present evidence of any christian couple sleeping before marriage in the Bible and receiving endorsement, you cannot support it. Of course, you wouldn't do that, but would rather spend days and weeks defending something you cannot find in the Bible. Yet, when somebody brings up something else hey allegedly cannot find in the Bible, you reject it on that basis. Your approach goes contra to any rule of integrity and credibility that I know.

2. You misunderstood my question about demon possession before Jesus. If you read the Bible before Jesus started delivering people, you could also argue that nobody was demon possessed. From Genesis to Malachi, you can rarely find an account of people bound by evil spirits. Yet, there were many such people. Obviously, demon possession did not just start when Jesus began His ministry. So, let's use your logic. Was anybody possessed in the OT and in the 4 gospels before Jesus turned 30? Well, since we can hardly find any such incident, then nobody was possessed. Or you disagree?

3. I once asked you about the gift of discerning of spirits. What is that gift doing in the Church? Is it only to be used to discern devils in unbelievers? If your answer is Yes, where does the Bible say that? Again, remember unless you can show me where the Bible says it, it cannot be true. We're going solely by your rules or standard here. So, I'm waiting to see how you reach the conclusion that that gift is only for believers when we have no evidence in the Bible to that effect.

1. That is what you people called fornication. Is that what it means? You have not provided a contrary view to its meaning in order to deal with the subject. That was what I did on that thread. Off course we're gonna have problem with that because of my understanding of the OT & NT. The NT is entirely different from the OT because of the cross and what Christ did by His blood. If we can't agree on that, there's going to be problem.

2. This your #2 point cracked me to hard laugh. Anyway, I was on my way to reply a brother, Bidam on a thread and stumbled on your reply and decided to talk back to you. Now, you asked if anybody was possesed BEFORE Jesus turned 30? Well, I actually laughed at you for that statement. Look at it here:

1After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 2Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. 3In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. 4For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had. 5And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. 6When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? - John 5

Infirmity! 38years! BEFORE Jesus was born! The people who were possessed WERE NOT CHRISTIANS. Christianity is because of what Christ did and by the blood, we were engrafted into the NEW COVENANT. Deliverance for Christians is an insult to the blood of Christ!

3. Again, I laugh at this point #3. First, the gift of the Holy Spirit is for edification of the SAINTS not to detect devils\demons in the saints of God, those purchased and redeemed by the blood of Christ. There's no scriptural evidence the gift is used to detect DEVILS\DEMONS in CHRISTIANS. When believers or Christians gather together in Christian worship, are they are Christians that gathered together? Isn't unbelievers in their midst? As the church gathers, isn't is possible for non-christian in their midst be possessed of demons? This should open the discussion I guess. Scriptures records that when Christians gather, an unbeliever can be in their midst and such can be possessed NOT a Christian.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by nlMediator: 4:59am On Jul 29, 2013
Goshen360:

1. That is what you people called fornication. Is that what it means? You have not provided a contrary view to its meaning in order to deal with the subject. That was what I did on that thread. Off course we're gonna have problem with that because of my understanding of the OT & NT. The NT is entirely different from the OT because of the cross and what Christ did by His blood. If we can't agree on that, there's going to be problem.

2. This your #2 point cracked me to hard laugh. Anyway, I was on my way to reply a brother, Bidam on a thread and stumbled on your reply and decided to talk back to you. Now, you asked if anybody was possesed BEFORE Jesus turned 30? Well, I actually laughed at you for that statement. Look at it here:

1After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 2Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. 3In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. 4For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had. 5And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. 6When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? - John 5

Infirmity! 38years! BEFORE Jesus was born! The people who were possessed WERE NOT CHRISTIANS. Christianity is because of what Christ did and by the blood, we were engrafted into the NEW COVENANT. Deliverance for Christians is an insult to the blood of Christ!

3. Again, I laugh at this point #3. First, the gift of the Holy Spirit is for edification of the SAINTS not to detect devils\demons in the saints of God, those purchased and redeemed by the blood of Christ. There's no scriptural evidence the gift is used to detect DEVILS\DEMONS in CHRISTIANS. When believers or Christians gather together in Christian worship, are they are Christians that gathered together? Isn't unbelievers in their midst? As the church gathers, isn't is possible for non-christian in their midst be possessed of demons? This should open the discussion I guess. Scriptures records that when Christians gather, an unbeliever can be in their midst and such can be possessed NOT a Christian.

Looks like I am a poor communicator! I did not say that people were not possessed by demons before Jesus turned 30 and started His ministry. I said you hardly find any record of those people being possessed. The woman bound by the spirit of infirmity was possessed, as you rightly said, before Jesus was born. But did you read it anywhere in the Bible before the Gospels, even though she was possessed before the Gospels? If you lived a year before Jesus was born and read the Scriptures that existed at that point, would you read her account or those of the numerous people that Jesus delivered later? No. So, you could have declared at that point that nobody was possessed in that city since the Bible had no record of it. And you would have been wrong. Because many, including that woman, were bound and needed deliverance. What I expect you to do is open your OT and look at how many instances you see anybody being demon possessed. That would be enlightening.

On discerning of spirits, that's your interpretation. I can say the same about some of the other gifts, such as healings and miracles. Claim that christians cannot fall sick or need a miracle. But the gift was given to reach non-christians who attend christian meetings so they can see the power of God in their lives and be saved. WOuld you accept my interpretation that the gifts of healings and miracles do not apply to christians? If not, why should I accept yours? Neither of us can prove our position by citing any scripture. That's my point. If you can't prove your position from scriptures, then you need to be cautious about advancing it or using it to dismiss the contrary view or limit the general application of scripture.

On fornication, again you miss the point. It does not matter what definition other people presented. And btw, I provided no definition and I'm not sure I even contributed to that discussion at all. What matters is your own definition. You define a state of affairs as appropriate. Yet, there is no evidence of what you are advocating in the Bible. If you're sincere with your claim that if something is not in the Bible that settles it for you, then you have no business advocating a practice that is not in the Bible. But your inconsistency here is galling. You reject deliverance for christians because you never saw the practice in the Bible. But you approve of another practice (pre-marital sex) that you never saw in the Bible.

If you can't see the inconsistency, I can't help you.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by Goshen360(m): 5:06am On Jul 29, 2013
^ Okay, I have read what you said but I have to go sleep now. It's 12 midnight here and I have to wake up early again. I will reply you again in due season.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by christemmbassey(m): 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
Goshen360:

as Goshen360 will say, I AM CHRISTEMMBASSEY, i adopt this message 100% besides King Saul was also possesed by demons and needed David to play music to relieve him.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by christemmbassey(m): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
@nlMediator, the issue is that a ɓhristian can not be possesed bv an evil spirit and therefor does not need deliverance, why? Bc he's allready been possesed bƴ the holy spirit and the spirit can not exist side by side with evil spirit. Finally, the bible says in col 1:13 that Christ had delivered us from the power of darkness.......
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by manmacho: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
through knowledge shall the righteous be delivered Prov. 11:9.

you don't need deliverance again after you are born again, come on, you are born of an incorruptible seed. if you can belive this knowledge you are delivered!!!!!
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by nlMediator: 4:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
christemmbassey: @nlMediator, the issue is that a ɓhristian can not be possesed bv an evil spirit and therefor does not need deliverance, why? Bc he's allready been possesed bƴ the holy spirit and the spirit can not exist side by side with evil spirit. Finally, the bible says in col 1:13 that Christ had delivered us from the power of darkness.......

My brother, I've not even joined the debate fully on whether a christian can be possessed. [Of course, a christian cannot be possessed - question is whether he can be oppressed]. My interest in the discussion is our brother's claim that if something is not in the Bible, we have no business believing it. Well, that was not what he said when it came to pre-marital sex. So, I wanted to point out that inconsistency to him.

On King Saul, I don't believe he was possessed. An evil spirit came upon him and acted on him externally; the spirit did not live inside him, which is what possession is. Second, I need examples of possession of regular folk in the OT, you know, the type of people that Jesus delivered when He came. Remember, I didn't discount the existence of such stories. Here's another hint: do you realize that the devil or satan is barely mentioned in the Bible after the Genesis encounter? Does it mean he was not active then and wasn't doing all the things he does today?
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by christemmbassey(m): 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
nlMediator:

My brother, I've not even joined the debate fully on whether a christian can be possessed. [Of course, a christian cannot be possessed - question is whether he can be oppressed]. My interest in the discussion is our brother's claim that if something is not in the Bible, we have no business believing it. Well, that was not what he said when it came to pre-marital sex. So, I wanted to point out that inconsistency to him.

On King Saul, I don't believe he was possessed. An evil spirit came upon him and acted on him externally; the spirit did not live inside him, which is what possession is. Second, I need examples of possession of regular folk in the OT, you know, the type of people that Jesus delivered when He came. Remember, I didn't discount the existence of such stories. Here's another hint: do you realize that the devil or satan is barely mentioned in the Bible after the Genesis encounter? Does it mean he was not active then and wasn't doing all the things he does today?
the devil has always been there from Gen tro Rev, checƙ Job's case but it was Jesus that actually opened ppl eyes to his(devil's) activities for obvious reasons(to destroy his works). On the issue of biblical evidences of certain practices and Goshen's position on what fornication is, if ure sincere as u sound, u will agree that Goshen did what i can describɗ as refutal/disclaimer etc and i beƙieve all oe us learned from that thread, so using it here to asgue for christians need of deliverance does not help. God bless u plenty.
Re: Do Born Again Christian Really Need Deliverance? by nlMediator: 1:13am On Jul 30, 2013
^^
Refutal? Disclaimer? The brother is still maintaining the position till today! He only walked back the part about pre-marital sex for non-engaged people. For engaged people, he believes they can sleep together. And even claims that it is a teaching for mature people only! Yes, the devil was there all along. Question is: why wasn't he mentioned more than a handful of times? More precisely, why didn't we read about those he possessed? None of you has been able to answer the simple question.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If you thinK Jesus Is Not God? Say This Words and See what will happen to you / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here / God's Favorite Biblical Character

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.