Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible (6029 Views)

Does The Koran Really Encourage Faithful Moslems To Kill Christians? / Is There Sign Of The End Time In The Koran? / The 5 versions of the Arabic Koran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 7:22am On Jul 29, 2013
May the peace of God be upon all of u.

This write up is based on some allegations a christian brother did last week in respect to Jesus and the bible so I decided to open a thread for it. It will also help so christian brothers to understand what some critics say. How I wish one of my christian father will read it, he was the former Chairman of code of conduct, I once had him quoting some quranic verses during an interview with late James Audu on NTA. Have a nice time.

You wrote beautiful, but its amazing that u quoted verses of the quran correctly but u did not reason and understand it nor did u know what the muslim belief and creed is, u just cherry pick verses from anti islamic sites.

There has never been a time when muslims denied Jesus, there is no muslim that does not believe in Jesus. The problem is that u misunderstood everything about Jesus. In the real sense u don't follow Jesus.
Jesus said if u want to go to heaven u have to keep the laws and commandements in Matt: 5:17

We believe in Jesus and the book God gave him which is the Injeel (gospel). If u read your bible u will see that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all of them testify that Jesus went to places and preach the gospel. That gospel Jesus preached, that book he had with him when he was preaching that is what we believe in the injeel (gospel) i.e the gospel according to Jesus not the ones according to matthew, mark, Luke & John. The bible u have now were written 45 - 80yrs after the death of Jesus. The bible u have now has been interpolated and is still undergoing revision that is why u have the RSV revised standard version, imagine a book of God revised by man? People have been playing with God's word, I am sorry the bible u have today in ur hands is not the word of God. U have a mixture of God's word, Prophets word and historians wor

Quran 2:62 Belivers Jews, Christians and Sabaens whoever believes in Allah and the last day & does what is right shall be rewarded by their lord; they have nothing to regret. This is very true but what u fail to understand is that u are not christians but paultians because u don't follow Jesus because what he said and lamented that u should keep u have thrown it, u only follow the teachings of Paul and the church. And the servant cannot be greater than the master, what did the master say in Matt: 5:17 that till judgement day no jot should be kept out for salvation u have to keep the laws & commandment. U have to use your God given intelligent not just become a follow follow.

U quoted sura 3:45 "The angel said to Mary Allah bids u rejoice in a word from him. His name is al masih(messiah) Isa the son of Mary. He shall be noble in this world & next ... Holy son...
All of these high status of Jesus is what we believe without any christian preachin to us. Have u ever ask yoursel why would Mohammad (saw) an Arab goes out of his way to praise a Jesus and his mother? The ans is only because he was sent by God. The problem is u misunderstood everything about Jesus and started to worship him. Which the status and miracle instigated the Romans made them to inculcate their concept of son of been sacrifice for their sins.
Check the whole bible no where did Jesus simply or clearly say that he is God or people should worship him.
People talk about the word of God becoming God its not true. When you say a word the word is yours but not you. For example when I say pen, the word pen is my word but I am not a pen. The quran we believe is the word of God that does not mean that the quran is God, its God's word but not God himself.

The word Messiah Christians think that it is a kind of word that means saviour or salvation. The word Messiah translated to Christ simply means annoint or appoint (someone appointed by God, sent , messenger) anyone can go back to history and find out what messiah means.

U talked about holy son and said that means without fault or sin. Again that is not what Jesus taught. Do u remember when his diciples tried to stop the children from coming to see him and told his diciples to allow the children for the children are the inhabitants of heaven. That means that every child is born without sin, also in the book of Ezeikel it says "the soul that sin he shall die for the father shall not bear the iniquity of the son nor shall the son bear the iniquity of the father". All religion from God there has never been the concept of original sin.

U quoted quran 10:34 ... Allah produces creation. Then reproduce it. Then u quoted quran 3 :49. Where Jesus did miracles by the will of God, which we all believe. All these are very clear in the bible and the quran all what Jesus did was not by his power but the power of God that sent him to prove to the people that he was a messenger of God but not God himself or anything equal to God. There is no place in the bible or quran where Jesus said he did any miracle by his power or by himself, all that he do he said by the glory of God. Check Acts: 2:22 it says " oh children of Isreal hear this word, Jesus of Nazareth a MAN approve by God by miracles, wonders and signs which God did by him in your midst which you yourselt also know.

Prophet Mohammad (saw) said I seek forgiveness from God and we all can be in heaven by the mercy of God. In a hadith Aisha (ra) said to the prophet why do u still deprive yourself from sleep at night praying to God when u are the last messenger of God. He (s.a.w) said would I not be grateful to my lord. The noble prophet is not the egostic type or one who will boast that I am the last prophet, I will be the first or I can do and undo. No the prophet through out his life he remained humble and down to earth with all and everything because he is an examplary leader, teaching us to be steadfast on righteousness and not arrogant.
The quran is still here with us, read it and judge for yourself where u are going to hell or heaven.

U also quoted Quran 19:33 where Jesus said "so peace be on me on the day I was born and on the day I die and the day when I shall be raised ti life. Before u conclude that the quran bears testimony of death and resurrection of Jesus u have comprehend the words it says " and on the day I die" that's a future tense. Jesus was neither killed nor crucified, God raised him up so when he comes back in his second coming he will die then God will surely raised him to life for judgement. Jesus confirm that in matt: 12:39-40 he said for as Jonah was three days & 3 nights in the belly of the fish so shall the son of man.

@ the time of Noah he was the way,
@ the time of Abraham he was the way
@ the time of Moses he was the way
@ the time of Jesus he was the way
This is time of Mohammad (s.a.w) he is the way

Pls have u ever asked yourselves that why in the second coming of Jesus when u the christians go to him for salvation, why would he neglect u and send u away from him? Matt: 7:22. Its a simple truth u misunderstood him and you did not follow his teachings but that of the church, Paul and your pastors. God will not come down himself and force to accept his last prophet, he has given u opportunity in media like this so u can't say that the message did not reach u.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
Dear Mahdino,

The bible does not need incoherent quran supposedly reveal by an angel (which could be an angel of darkness showing itself as angel of ligt)to an unlearned man proclaimed by Roman Catholic as prophet for their own selfish reasons to validate it!

mahdino: May the peace of God be upon all of u.

You wrote beautiful, but its amazing that u quoted verses of the quran correctly but u did not reason and understand it nor did u know what the muslim belief and creed is, u just cherry pick verses from anti islamic sites.

There has never been a time when muslims denied Jesus, there is no muslim that does not believe in Jesus. The problem is that u misunderstood everything about Jesus. In the real sense u don't follow Jesus.
Jesus said if u want to go to heaven u have to keep the laws and commandements in Matt: 5:17

We believe in Jesus and the book God gave him which is the Injeel (gospel). If u read your bible u will see that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all of them testify that Jesus went to places and preach the gospel. That gospel Jesus preached, that book he had with him when he was preaching that is what we believe in the injeel (gospel) i.e the gospel according to Jesus not the ones according to matthew, mark, Luke & John. The bible u have now were written 45 - 80yrs after the death of Jesus. The bible u have now has been interpolated and is still undergoing revision that is why u have the RSV revised standard version, imagine a book of God revised by man? People have been playing with God's word, I am sorry the bible u have today in ur hands is not the word of God. U have a mixture of God's word, Prophets word and historians wor

Dear Mahdino,

Whenever i study quran, i study it (the chapter) in its entirety not a verse in isolation. Mat 5:17 was the introductory note of our Lord Jesus to His teachings about the Law; and as He said it, He didnt come to destroy the Law but to fulfill it because Jesus Himself if the fulfilment of the Law. I will not go into detail of the bible teachings about the Law but i will just give you some facts about the law as given in the old testament (or Torahs as the Islam calls it).

In the old Testament, there were three categories of law: Ceremonial, civil and moral. God's moral and ceremonial laws were given to help people love God with all their hearts & minds. Throughout Isreal's history however, these laws were often misquoted and misapplied. By Jesus' time, religious leaders had turned the laws into a confusing mass of rules. Hence, from Mat 5:17 to 7:6 when Jesus talked about a new way to understand God's law, He was actually trying to bring people back to its original purpose which was His primary purpose and reason for death, to reconcile man to God.

The ceremonial laws (which points to Jesus Lev 1:2,3) and civil laws (talk about daily living in Isreal which was totally different at the time from their original way of life when the law was given; Deu 24:10,11) were no longer necessary.

The Moral law such as the Ten Commandments is the direct command of God which reveals the nature and will of God which still applies today. Jesus obeyed these laws completely because He's the Son of God and God will not contradict Himself. In fact, the ten commandments were divided into two: Love the Lord thy God will all thine heart and all thine mind (1st to 4th commandments) and love thy neighbour as thyself (5th to 10th commandments)Mat 22:37 - 39. (Not that it is necessary but u can read Al-Imran verse 50 i.e. quran 3:50

My brother, Jesus was not given anybook, He was the Word himself! Not everybody is like Mohammed who could not be spoken to directly by God but received his supposed revalations only from an angel. The gospel Jesus went about preaching was repentance towards God and salvation through his shed blood. He who is wisdom Himself does not need to carry a book to preach the gospel of God.

Now you claimed that the bible as we have it now were written 45 to 80 years after the death of our Lord Jesus. Before I tell youu about quran, know this that when Jesus was to leave the world, He didnt leave without living for His disciples a Comforter. He sent the third person in the Trinity - Holy Spirit to strenghten the disciples. they were all afraid after the death and ascention (quran 3:55) of Jesus but when the Spirit of God came upon them, they declared the Word of the gospel with boldness even when faced with death and perils. It is that Spirit of God that gave them inspirations to write and testify of the Lord Jesus with signs and wonders following.

As for quran, you know as i do that there is no acceptable time of it been pen down. It was compiled after the death of Mohammed not from pieces of writings but from whatsoever the Hafiz/Hufazz (the unlearned followers who were said to have MEMORISE the revelations) could remember. Some said it is the Abu Bakr who took over from Mohammed in 632 and spent two years before he was killed by the Muslims. It is said that he quickly compiled the quran with the help of Mohammed secretary - Zayd ibn Thabit when he realized many of the Hafiz were being killed in the battle of Yamama. Some said He could not have done such demanding work within two years. Some said it was Uthman (644 - 656). So many version

Now quran was not given by the inspiration of God but by dreams of Mohammed supposedly given to him by an angel and interpreted by Waraquah planted by the Roman Catholic so they can use him and unsuspecting Ishmealites to achieve some feat.

Coming back for the other part

6 Likes

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
dear eben, i will like to reply your post quote by quote but my browser is misbehaving and am not with my phone...so am going to reply you based on what i can summarise from your posts.....1 you pointed out that holy spirit is the comforter, and am going to prove to you why holy spirit isnt the comforter..1. John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever." replace the comforter in the verse above with holy spirit and you will be saying that tthere is more than 1 Holy spirit since ANOTHER was used. So how many holy spirits do we have?
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 11:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
About the quran...it was written during the lifetime of prophet muhammad(pbuh)..i dare you to bring your proof that it wasnt written during his lifetime.
It was authenticated and written under his personal supervision. Now lets examine the
roots of the myth which says that Usman (r.a.) had the Qur'an authenticated.
1. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) himself supervised and authenticated the written texts of the Qur’an

Whenever the Prophet received a revelation, he would first memorize it himself and later declare the revelation and instruct his Companions (R.A. - Radhi Allahu Taala Anhu)- May Allah be pleased with him who would
also memorize it. The Prophet would immediately ask the scribes to write down the revelation he had received, and he
would reconfirm and recheck it himself.
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was an Ummi(unlettered)
who could not read and write. Therefore, after receiving each revelation, he would
repeat it to his Companions. They would write down the revelation, and he would recheck by asking them to read what they
had written. If there was any mistake, the Prophet would immediately point it out and
have it corrected and rechecked. Similarly he would even recheck and authenticate the
portions of the Qur'an memorized by the Companions. In this way, the complete Qur'an was written down under the personal supervision of the prophet (pbuh).

2. Order and sequence of Qur’an divinely inspired

The complete Qur'an was revealed over a period of 22½ years portion by portion, as
and when it was required. The Qur'an was not compiled by the Prophet in the chronological order of revelation. The order
and sequence of the Qur'an too was Divinely inspired and was instructed to the Prophet
by Allah (swt) through archangel Jibraeel. Whenever a revelation was conveyed to his companions, the Prophet would also mention in which surah (chapter) and after
which ayat (verse) this new revelation should fit.
Every Ramadhaan all the portions of the Qur'an that had been revealed, including the
order of the verses, were revised and reconfirmed by the Prophet with archangel Jibraeel. During the last Ramadhaan, before
the demise of the Prophet, the Qur'an was rechecked and reconfirmed twice.
It is therefore clearly evident that the Qur'an was preserved and authenticated by the Prophet himself during his lifetime, both in
the written form as well as in the memory of several of his Companions.

2 Likes

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 11:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
i also noticed that you do not know the difference between standardisation of the quran and compilation of the quran..standardisation was done by usman (ra) while compilation by abubakar (ra)

3 Likes

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
You also made a statement about waraqa teaching the prophet the quran..lets analyse this with a simple logic
Muhummad’s (pbuh) contacts with the jewish and christian scholars were very limited. The most prominent christian known to him was an old blind man called
waraqa ibn-naufal who was a relative of the prophet’s first wife khadijah (r.a.). Although of arab descent, he was a convert to
christianity and was very well versed with the new testament. The prophet only met him twice, first when waraqa was
worshipping at the kaaba (before the prophetic mission) and he kissed the prophet’s forehead affectionately; the second occasion was when the prophet
went to meet waraqa after receiving the first revelation. Waraqa died three years
later and the revelation continued for about 23 years. It is ridiculous to assume that waraqa was the source of the contents of the qur’an.

2 Likes

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 12:42am On Jul 30, 2013
U said they were inspired by the spirit of God to write...even if they were inspired, sometimes they wrote what they thought....Sometimes i wonder if you guys intentionally ignore certain verses in the bible like 1 cor 7v25 v12, galatians 5:2 ...lookup these verses and you will see clearly that paul is giving his opinion which might be wrong or right cause he noted it wasnt of God's....infact in 2cor 11:17 NRSV, paul says" What I am saying in
regard to this boastful
confidence, I am saying not
with the Lord’s authority,
but as a fool".....so y do you guys still believe every word including the letters sent by mr A to B in the bible to be word of God? Y?

2 Likes

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 12:53am On Jul 30, 2013
i end my replies with th folllowing verses of the quran "Say, "If mankind and the jinn gathered in
order to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like of it, even if they were to each other assistants." quran 17:88
and also Allah says "do they not ponder upon the quran(with care) had it been from other than Allah; (God) they would surely found therein much discreancy" quran 4:82

2 Likes

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by lepasharon(f): 5:39am On Jul 30, 2013
Why should Christians care about this??
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by LebanonCedars: 10:10am On Jul 30, 2013
Dear Udatso,

Like I told you, when you quote the bible, don't quote what has been planted in you. Go to the bible yourself and study it, not just the verse but the whole chapter or book if possible; it is only then you can obtain knowledge.

Now let me quote verses 17 and 18 for you for your understanding and so that Muslims will stop confusing the Holy Spirit of God who lives forever with dead Mohammed. "Even the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive because it seeth Him not neither knoweth Him but ye know Him for He dwelleth in and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfort less: I will come to you".

Now you can see that Jesus is the first Comforter who was about to leave them but would come back again in form of the Spirit of Truth (the another Comforter). This promise was fulfill at Pentecost and still in fulfillment today and you too can receive Him if only you believe! "For the promise is unto you and yor children and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call" . Acts 2:39

2 Likes

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
LebanonCedars: Dear Udatso,

Like I told you, when you quote the bible, don't quote what has been planted in you. Go to the bible yourself and study it, not just the verse but the whole chapter or book if possible; it is only then you can obtain knowledge.

Now let me quote verses 17 and 18 for you for your understanding and so that Muslims will stop confusing the Holy Spirit of God who lives forever with dead Mohammed. "Even the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive because it seeth Him not neither knoweth Him but ye know Him for He dwelleth in and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfort less: I will come to you".

Now you can see that Jesus is the first Comforter who was about to leave them but would come back again in form of the Spirit of Truth (the another Comforter). This promise was fulfill at Pentecost and still in fulfillment today and you too can receive Him if only you believe! "For the promise is unto you and yor children and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call" . Acts 2:39
Sir, i rili dnt want to go into this but now you pulling my legs..first of all i never mentioned n my post that the comforter was muhammad but my aim was to prove that the comforter wasnt the holy spirit and am going to further prove it to you
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
Lets take a look at the following events
1.John and the Priests
In the Chapter of John, some Jewish priests quizzed John the Baptist about three people
who they were informed about in their scriptures. They asked him:
“Who are you?” John confessed (he didn’t deny but confessed), “I’m not the Christ.” They asked him, “Then who are you? Are
you Elijah?”
John said, “I’m not.” “Are you the Prophet?” John answered, “No.” [John 1:19-21]
So they then asked him, “Why do you baptize if you aren’t the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?” [John 1:25]
The priests were expecting three people as prophesied by their books, so they asked
about Christ, Elijah and ‘the Prophet’. So who
is ‘the Prophet’ they are referring to here? The holy spirit?
This cannot be a reference to Jesus as he is the Christ.
Looking at a copy of the Bible with cross- referencing, we find that the words ‘the Prophet’ which occur in John 1:25 refer to
the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:18 in the Old Testament, which also mentions a forthcoming Prophet and not a holy spirit.
According to Deuteronomy 18:18 God speaks to Prophet Moses and tells him that he will raise up a new Prophet who has certain
clearly identifiable characteristics: I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. And it shall be that whoever
will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him.
[Deuteronomy 18:18-19]
In this prophecy God is telling Moses that he will raise a Prophet like him, who will be
from ‘among their brethren’. Please note that am not trying to prove that the comforter is prophet muhammad but to prrove that the comforter is a prophet and not a spirit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
udatso: Lets take a look at the following events
1.John and the Priests
In the Chapter of John, some Jewish priests quizzed John the Baptist about three people
who they were informed about in their scriptures. They asked him:
“Who are you?” John confessed (he didn’t deny but confessed), “I’m not the Christ.” They asked him, “Then who are you? Are
you Elijah?”
John said, “I’m not.” “Are you the Prophet?” John answered, “No.” [John 1:19-21]
So they then asked him, “Why do you baptize if you aren’t the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?” [John 1:25]
The priests were expecting three people as prophesied by their books, so they asked
about Christ, Elijah and ‘the Prophet’. So who
is ‘the Prophet’ they are referring to here? The holy spirit?
This cannot be a reference to Jesus as he is the Christ.
Looking at a copy of the Bible with cross- referencing, we find that the words ‘the Prophet’ which occur in John 1:25 refer to
the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:18 in the Old Testament, which also mentions a forthcoming Prophet and not a holy spirit.
According to Deuteronomy 18:18 God speaks to Prophet Moses and tells him that he will raise up a new Prophet who has certain
clearly identifiable characteristics: I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. And it shall be that whoever
will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him.
[Deuteronomy 18:18-19]
In this prophecy God is telling Moses that he will raise a Prophet like him, who will be
from ‘among their brethren’. Please note that am not trying to prove that the comforter is prophet muhammad but to prrove that the comforter is a prophet and not a spirit

So who is now the prophet promised by Jesus Christ?
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
lepasharon: Why should Christians care about this??

My dear sister, I am giving them answers because I love them and I don’t want them to remain under the bondage of satan and flesh. Believe me; some of these people have zeal for God but not according to knowledge. I was once like that and if someone had not spoken to me about the saving grace of God, I would have been lost too. Jesus died for them as much as He died for me and He’s very much interested in the salvation of their soul that is why I take time to study the quran despite its flaws so I can know how to reach out to them. “And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; to them that are without law, as without law, (being not without the law to God, but under the law to Christ), that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men that I might by ALL MEANS save some”. 1 Cor 9:20 – 22.

Notwithstanding, I do not argue with anyone on scriptures. Once I’ve been able to show them the light once or twice and they still persist in their ignorance, I stop and commit them unto God. Titus 3: 9 – 10. It is my duty to preach the word and the work of the Holy Spirit to do the Conviction and conversion.
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 10:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
Dear Udatso & Co

Lest I forget, the Lord Jesus did not just obey and taught the commandments of God; He gives anyone that would come to Him accept Him as Lord and savior, the power and grace to obey the commandments because as human; you cannot obey the totality of God’s commandment but Christ gives the grace. I am a living witness to this!

Now look at this: “Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh CANNOT please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God well in you. Now if any man has not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His” Rom 8: 7 - 9
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
mahdino: Quran 2:62 Belivers Jews, Christians and Sabaens whoever believes in Allah and the last day & does what is right shall be rewarded by their lord; they have nothing to regret. This is very true but what u fail to understand is that u are not christians but paultians because u don't follow Jesus because what he said and lamented that u should keep u have thrown it, u only follow the teachings of Paul and the church. And the servant cannot be greater than the master, what did the master say in Matt: 5:17 that till judgement day no jot should be kept out for salvation u have to keep the laws & commandment. U have to use your God given intelligent not just become a follow follow.

U quoted sura 3:45 "The angel said to Mary Allah bids u rejoice in a word from him. His name is al masih(messiah) Isa the son of Mary. He shall be noble in this world & next ... Holy son...
All of these high status of Jesus is what we believe without any christian preachin to us. Have u ever ask yoursel why would Mohammad (saw) an Arab goes out of his way to praise a Jesus and his mother? The ans is only because he was sent by God. The problem is u misunderstood everything about Jesus and started to worship him. Which the status and miracle instigated the Romans made them to inculcate their concept of son of been sacrifice for their sins.
Check the whole bible no where did Jesus simply or clearly say that he is God or people should worship him.
People talk about the word of God becoming God its not true. When you say a word the word is yours but not you. For example when I say pen, the word pen is my word but I am not a pen. The quran we believe is the word of God that does not mean that the quran is God, its God's word but not God himself.

The word Messiah Christians think that it is a kind of word that means saviour or salvation. The word Messiah translated to Christ simply means annoint or appoint (someone appointed by God, sent , messenger) anyone can go back to history and find out what messiah means.

U talked about holy son and said that means without fault or sin. Again that is not what Jesus taught. Do u remember when his diciples tried to stop the children from coming to see him and told his diciples to allow the children for the children are the inhabitants of heaven. That means that every child is born without sin, also in the book of Ezeikel it says "the soul that sin he shall die for the father shall not bear the iniquity of the son nor shall the son bear the iniquity of the father". All religion from God there has never been the concept of original sin.

Al-Baraquah 2:62 is one of many repititions we have in the quran. For example it was repeated 11 times in Al-Baraquah and 9 times in Al-Imran. This was when Mohammed was trying to convince the Jews and the Christians in the suburbs of Al-Madinah of his prophethood. When he realized his words in quran 2 and 3 was not effective enough, he resulted to killing of these people in the name of Allah most especially after his defeat in the battle of Uhud which he blamed on the Jews. This was actually what the Catholics (RC) wanted. Complete destruction of Jews and Christians so that they can lay claim on Jerusalem.
Now I will be glad if you can point to one place where the messages of Paul differ to that of our Lord Jesus. “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to EVERYONE that believeth; to the Jew first and also to the Greek” Rom 1:16.

First, let me explain what Al-Imran i.e. quran 3 is all about. The name is just a title given to that surah in quran and is gotten from quran 3:33.
This surah consists of four discourses. The first discourse (vs 1 – 32) was probably given to the Islam after the battle of Badr. The second (33 – 63) was given sometime in 9 A.H. after the visit of the Catholics in disguise called the Christians of Najran. It is worthy of note that before this, Mohammed had been tutored under St. Augustine where he had been told that his real enemies were the Jews and that RC were the only true Christians. He was taught that others calling themselves Christians were imposters and must be destroyed. Little wonder why what the Muslims know and believe about Jesus and Mary is almost the same with what the RC preaches. The third appears to have been given after the first one (64 – 120) the fourth (121 – 200) after the defeat at the battle of Uhud. So the reason why he would go out of his way to praise Jesus was because that was what had been planted in his heart right from his youth when he was still with his uncle. The first third and fourth were mere speeches given by a good general to his solders to excite and incite them.
The bible is not difficult to search, study and know as the quran. John 10: 30 “I and my Father are one” This simply means that though we are separate personality, we are one in essence and nature.
What does John mean by the Word? John 1:1. The word was a term used by theologians and philosophers, both Hebrew and Greek in many different ways. In Hebrew Scripture (Torahs), the word was an agent of creation (Ps 33:6), the source of God’s message to His people through the prophets (Hosea 1:2) and God’s law, His standard for holiness (Ps 119:11) etc. In Greek philosophy, the word was the divine essence that held all things together, God’s ideal pattern for creation. These also are the attributes of our Lord Jesus who was with God at creation and the very Word of God that brought all things into being John 1:2, 14. You might not understand this except you allow the Spirit of God to open your eyes of understanding because Mohammed did not understand it also and deceived his followers not to border to know because they have not been chosen to know it but to us it has been reveal by the Spirit of God. Quran 3:179.

You can interpret “Messiah” to mean anything you like but I have good news for you. There abound a lot of prophesies about the divinity and power of our Lord Jesus in the scriptures: “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given and the government shall be upon His shoulder and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace” Isa 9:6; Mat 1:21. My dear brother, He came to save you from your sins!

About quran 10: 34 and 3: 49: Yes, Jesus did all the miracles, healing, deliverance and gave salvation to the souls of as many as receive Him by the power of God the father and the Holy Spirit for one cannot do anything without the other because they are one. This might be difficult for you to understand because even the simple coming together of one man and one woman to become one is a mystery to Islam which they are not ready to embrace. Even God said: “… This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying: Not by might, nor by power but by my Spirit saith the LORD of hosts.” Zech 4:6.
Yes quran is here and I just don’t read it, I study it. Now I wonder what good example you can learn from Mohammed: Is it his blood thirstiness, or the act of beating one’s wife, or the act of marrying and sleeping with kids, or is it the acts of marrying as many wives and refusing to sleep with them at any slightest provocation (quran 4: 34), is it complete hatred for anyone who does not believe his dreams (and you say he’s not arrogant)?
Now, how can you compare Jesus the one that was, that is and that is to come to Mohammed – the creation of one religious sect? You are talking about arrogance to the person of Jesus? Haba!!! Could anybody slap Mohammed in his days as ruler and general of his people? Was he spat upon? Was he ridiculed in any way? Did anybody tie him to a pole and gave him good 40 stokes of cudgel without him saying a word? Was he made to carry his own cross after severe beating? Did anybody make a crown of torn and put it on his head, without him saying a word? Was he accused wrongly without him making a single protest? The Lord Jesus went through all these and more for you, my friend Luku 18:32. He called us his followers, friends and gave us the same power He was given John 14:12 but Mohammed on the other hand said no one is entitled to have the kind of dreams and supposed revelations he had besides him. Quran 3:179.

3 Likes

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
I posted this somewhere it might benefit you:

My dear brother, I am not fighting with you; am only trying to show you the Way and the Truth. Islam is a creation of Roman Catholic that went wrong. Mohammed was an unlearned man (no insult intended) used by Khadijat and Waraquah (both Roman Catholic) to achieve some feat. They (RC) gave him too much power and fame which he later used against them.

All his dreams and messages comes from supposed angels. No direct relationship with God or the Spirit of God. So I will not be surprised if Muslims see "angels" descending on the house of idols (kaaba).

All his dreams were given interpretations by Waraquah. (An emissary of RC).

Mohammed is dead and buried and his dead body cannot do anything for you and I

Mohammed was a warrior who killed thousands if not millions and could not give his life for anyone.

Mohammed was a slave master who enjoyed everything the flesh and the world could offer including women.

Mohammed never promised salvation of your soul but only give the little knowledge he got from the Christians, Jews and Roman Catholic (with the help of Waraquah) and twisted it to suit his and RC agenda.
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
This also: I will explain the last two paragraph of the poster's article later.

Now the Lord Jesus birth and work had been prophesized right from the Garden of Eden in the Beginning and through-out the passage of the scriptures. The prophecy about His birth, miracles, love, power over the devils (not by throwing stones to air in the name of devil), death and resurrection were given thousands of years before His birth. Gen 3:15. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" Isa 9:6; His work is not a fabrication of any religious sect.

The Lord Jesus though the King of heaven and earth was very humble and was serving people rather than being served

He didn’t kill or condemned anyone but was going about doing good, healing all that were oppressed of the devil Acts 10:38.

He had no wife, children, house, slave or any wealth but was only mindful of the work His Father sent Him to do i.e. save your soul and mine.

He never cursed His enemies nor commanded His follower to curse, fight, kill and destroy their enemies or anyone that refuses to accept their message; rather he prayed for His enemies and told his followers to do same. "But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you" Mat 5:44

He preached repentance and turning from one's sin and devil to God. He told us how much God loves us and how much He (God) sacrificed in order to reconcile us to Himself.

He never promised 70 virgins in heaven but life with and in God the Father. 1 Cor 15:50

He gave himself as a sacrifice for you and I. He paid the penalty for our sins. Lev 17:11

He went to the grave and obtained the key of life and death 1 Cor 5: 55

He rose up the third day, gave gift to men and ascended up to heaven before hundreds of witnesses. Being the first to rise among the dead, He gave us hope of resurrection and eternal rest with and in God the Father.

Above all, after thousands of years of ascension, He saved my soul. Me that was born into idol worshipping, suffered a lot of things on earth, grew in sin and became so addicted to fornication, lying, cheating and what not! I that thought I could never have a good home due to my unfaithful and wayward life. I that tried so much to live right but could not. He came into my heart through His Word on the 5th day of December of that glorious year and saved my soul!!! Since then, I have never remained the same. Those that knew me in the past marvel at my lifestyle and my wife who was born and bred up a Muslim, was convicted of her sins and helpless state when she saw the total turnaround of my life and gave her life to God through the Lord Jesus. Halleluiah!

Jesus is still alive my friends and He loves you and care so much for your soul. Religion will not save you. Being a Christian in name, Muslim, pagan, a pastor, an imam will not save you; only faith in the atoning blood of Jesus can save, why don’t you surrender all to him? Do it and do it now!

1 Like

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
This also: I will explain the last two paragraph of the poster's article later.

Now the Lord Jesus birth and work had been prophesized right from the Garden of Eden in the Beginning and through-out the passage of the scriptures. The prophecy about His birth, miracles, love, power over the devils (not by throwing stones to air in the name of devil), death and resurrection were given thousands of years before His birth. Gen 3:15. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace" Isa 9:6; His work is not a fabrication of any religious sect.

The Lord Jesus though the King of heaven and earth was very humble and was serving people rather than being served

He didn’t kill or condemned anyone but was going about doing good, healing all that were oppressed of the devil Acts 10:38.

He had no wife, children, house, slave or any wealth but was only mindful of the work His Father sent Him to do i.e. save your soul and mine.

He never cursed His enemies nor commanded His follower to curse, fight, kill and destroy their enemies or anyone that refuses to accept their message; rather he prayed for His enemies and told his followers to do same. "But I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you" Mat 5:44

He preached repentance and turning from one's sin and devil to God. He told us how much God loves us and how much He (God) sacrificed in order to reconcile us to Himself.

He never promised 70 virgins in heaven but life with and in God the Father. 1 Cor 15:50

He gave himself as a sacrifice for you and I. He paid the penalty for our sins. Lev 17:11

He went to the grave and obtained the key of life and death 1 Cor 5: 55

He rose up the third day, gave gift to men and ascended up to heaven before hundreds of witnesses. Being the first to rise among the dead, He gave us hope of resurrection and eternal rest with and in God the Father.

Above all, after thousands of years of ascension, He saved my soul. Me that was born into idol worshipping, suffered a lot of things on earth, grew in sin and became so addicted to fornication, lying, cheating and what not! I that thought I could never have a good home due to my unfaithful and wayward life. I that tried so much to live right but could not. He came into my heart through His Word on the 5th day of December of that glorious year and saved my soul!!! Since then, I have never remained the same. Those that knew me in the past marvel at my lifestyle and my wife who was born and bred up a Muslim, was convicted of her sins and helpless state when she saw the total turnaround of my life and gave her life to God through the Lord Jesus. Halleluiah!

Jesus is still alive my friends and He loves you and care so much for your soul. Religion will not save you. Being a Christian in name, Muslim, pagan, a pastor, an imam will not save you; only faith in the atoning blood of Jesus can save, why don’t you surrender all to him? Do it and do it now!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
@Eben

Why did you send our brethens into unreturnable research with your post?

Hmmm......
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Emusan: @Eben

Why did you send our brethens into unreturnable research with your post?

Hmmm......

That is not my intension my dear brother. All I want is to show them (and as many as will) the way and the truth so they can escape the wrath of God. "knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;..." 2Cor 5:11.

Moreover, there is no single research you can make whether in quran or bible that will support the fabrications of Islam to those of are of a discerning mind. If 1/4 of Muslim are able to study quran in the real sense of it; not some memorized Arabic that they cant ascribe any meaning to, they would have had a better knowledge of the religion and those with the heart to know God would have sought Him in the real sense of it.
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by OJODEL10(m): 11:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
EITHER YOU BELIEVE IN BIBLE OR NOT KNOW THIS GOD IS NOT A MAN THAT HE SHOULD LIE OR A SON OF MAN THAT HE WILL REPENT. HE HAS SPOKEN THAT THIS IS MY BELOVED SON IN WHOM I'M PLEASE LISTEN TO HIM
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 10:53am On Aug 02, 2013
mahdino: U also quoted Quran 19:33 where Jesus said "so peace be on me on the day I was born and on the day I die and the day when I shall be raised ti life. Before u conclude that the quran bears testimony of death and resurrection of Jesus u have comprehend the words it says " and on the day I die" that's a future tense. Jesus was neither killed nor crucified, God raised him up so when he comes back in his second coming he will die then God will surely raised him to life for judgement. Jesus confirm that in matt: 12:39-40 he said for as Jonah was three days & 3 nights in the belly of the fish so shall the son of man.

Whoa! That Jesus was neither killed nor crucified is another twist in Islam effort in finding a way to castigate Jesus resurrection. I will give one more twist that Islam has apart from the one mentioned above and after explain what they don’t know or they know but refuse to believe.

But first, Matt 12:39-40 that is quoted above is self explanatory but the writer wanting to fabricate lies decided not to quote it in full. I will do that for him: “But He answered and said unto them. An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it but the sign of prophet Jonas: for as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly: shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH”. So how would He have spent 3 days and nights in the heart of the earth if He didn’t die my brother? Jesus went to the heart of the earth and did not remain there but arose and ascended into heaven after showing Himself to over 500 people. Quran 3:55.

Another twist that Islam has to the death and resurrection of Jesus apart from the above is “Swoon”. A situation where people who have been thought dead suddenly come to life before burial. An explanation of over two hundred years old maintains that this is what happened. Jesus did not die on the cross (they say) but fainted or swooned from exhaustion. After this, He revived in the cool of the tomb and when He emerged the disciples wrongly jumped to the conclusion that He had risen from the dead! This explanation has come into prominence through a heretical sect of Muslims called the Ahmadiya who maintain that after Jesus escaped from the tomb, He eventually went to Kashmir. He then died at the age of 120. Notwithstanding, they have not been able to provide any historical evidence in this regard and their assertion is totally against quran 3:55 which says Jesus ascended into heaven (not that we need such assertion).

Is this so? Did Jesus really die on the cross or was He drugged? It is significant to find that the facts do not support this theory. Why and how?

First, the Roman soldiers knew their job well. It was more than their lives were worth to make a mistake when dealing with their chief victim. From Roman history we know a great deal about the Roman army and its military discipline. According to a Roman historian, the Roman guard was a sixteen man security unit, each man of which was trained to protect six square feet of ground. If one man in the guard failed in his duty, he was automatically executed along with the other fifteen. Members of such a guard were well aware of the punishment that awaited them all if just one fell asleep or left his position. In view of this, it seems incredible that the whole of the Roman guard fell asleep on duty at the same time.

Moreover, Pilate too would never have given permission for Joseph to bury the body of Jesus unless he was absolutely sure that he was dead. In fact, everyone (including the accusers) connected with the crucifixion agrees about one thing – Jesus was dead and they should know what happened because they were there.

Secondly, there is one detail that the Islam claims ignore. John in his Gospel tells us that one of the Roman soldiers pierced side of Jesus with a spear “bringing a sudden flow of blood and water” (John 19:34). This is the kind of detail which only an eye witness would notice. From a medical point of view, the reference to water is particularly significant. The most probable explanation of the blood and water is that given by Professor Rendle Short, late Professor of Surgery at Bristol University. He said and I quote: “As a result of the spiritual and physical agony endured by Christ, a condition of acute dilation of the stomach may have developed and the spear would draw watery fluid from the stomach and blood from the heart and great vessels of the thorax. Needless to say such a wound would be instantly fatal if the victim was not already dead, as indeed he was”.

Thirdly, If Jesus revived in the tomb, He must have been in an extremely weak condition. Before His crucifixion, He endured Roman flogging which left Him so week that He was unable, as was customary to carry His own cross. He was then crucified (the most painful death Roman ingenuity could device) and left to hang on the cross through the mounting heat of the day. After this, He was without food or water for three days! How then from inside a sealed and guarded tomb did He manage to move the huge stone that covered its entrance and escape from the guards outside? Then, how was it that in this extremely weak condition He was ever able to convince anyone that He was conqueror over death and the grave?
Over a century ago, Strauss, himself a sceptic, admitted this when he said: “it is impossible that a being who had stolen half-dead out of the sepulchre who crept out about weak and ill, wanting medical treatment, who required bandaging, strengthening and indulgence and who still at least yielded to His sufferings, could have given the disciples the impression that He was a conqueror over the death and the grave, the Prince of Life, an impression which lay at the bottom of their future ministry”.

Finally, if this Islamic assertion is correct, Jesus must have perpetrated a deliberate fraud by passing Himself off as one risen from the dead. This leaves us with a fraudulent Jesus, which is contrary to His KNOWN moral character and even more difficult to believe.

Now my friend, having given you the above explanations about the lies you have been fed with. It will do you good if only you would trust in the Lord Jesus, “the first and the last, who was dead and is alive” Rev 2:8. He alone has the key to life and death; He alone can deliver you from sin and its penalty. Ponder on the kind of suffering and anguish He went through so that you can be reconciled back to God. Repent and ask Him to come into your heart. Open your heart to Him today to experience His power. Do it and do it now!

3 Likes

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 11:31am On Aug 02, 2013
Eben 2: I posted this somewhere it might benefit you:

My dear brother, I am not fighting with you; am only trying to show you the Way and the Truth. Islam is a creation of Roman Catholic that went wrong. Mohammed was an unlearned man (no insult intended) used by Khadijat and Waraquah (both Roman Catholic) to achieve some feat. They (RC) gave him too much power and fame which he later used against them.

All his dreams and messages comes from supposed angels. No direct relationship with God or the Spirit of God. So I will not be surprised if Muslims see "angels" descending on the house of idols (kaaba).

All his dreams were given interpretations by Waraquah. (An emissary of RC).

Mohammed is dead and buried and his dead body cannot do anything for you and I

Mohammed was a warrior who killed thousands if not millions and could not give his life for anyone.

Mohammed was a slave master who enjoyed everything the flesh and the world could offer including women.

Mohammed never promised salvation of your soul but only give the little knowledge he got from the Christians, Jews and Roman Catholic (with the help of Waraquah) and twisted it to suit his and RC agenda.

i have told you why u cant claim waraqa taught muhammad(pbuh) but its obvious u only believe what u want...waraqah died 3 years after he met prophet muhammad(saw), how tdid he teach him the other 20 plus years of revelation.....dont make me lose respect for u....

1 Like

Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 11:36am On Aug 02, 2013
and point of correction eben....muslims dont take muhammad(saw) the way you take jesus(pbuh). He is not a lord. He is a servant and messenger of Allah just like many othe messengers. He shows you the path to salvation and how to achieve salvation..and whats ur proof of this ur claim that islam came from RC:::please speak only of things you av knowledge and proof of
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
Dear Udatso,

I am very sorry if I offend you in any way. This is totally not intended. However, I will not seize to testify of what I know and have experienced?

Yes, Mohammed is not and therefore cannot claim what Jesus is. He was only a warlord just like Adolf Hitler and most of what you have in quran are a general's address to his soldiers e.g. dont be discouraged by your defeat of today, tomorrow will be better; you are fighting allah's battle; this is how you share the spoils (slaves, goods etc) of war;this is how you share properties of the diseased etc. Claim of dreams from an angel (who are ministring spirits which the saints of God will judge at the end) are just added sweetening to ensure compliance with the general's instructions. Every word from mohammed are reported speeches from one supposed angel but whenever the Word of God speaks (even now), He speaks with authority - halleluia!"For He taught them as one having authority and not as scribes" Mat 7:29

Tell me what path of salvation mohammed offered to his people and how to achieve it and I will show you the only way to God the Father (my very own daddy)!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by udatso: 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
Eben 2: Dear Udatso,

I am very sorry if I offend you in any way. This is totally not intended. However, I will not seize to testify of what I know and have experienced?

Yes, Mohammed is not and therefore cannot claim what Jesus is. He was only a warlord just like Adolf Hitler and most of what you have in quran are a general's address to his soldiers e.g. dont be discouraged by your defeat of today, tomorrow will be better; you are fighting allah's battle; this is how you share the spoils (slaves, goods etc) of war;this is how you share properties of the diseased etc. Claim of dreams from an angel (who are ministring spirits which the saints of God will judge at the end) are just added sweetening to ensure compliance with the general's instructions. Every word from mohammed are reported speeches from one supposed angel but whenever the Word of God speaks (even now), He speaks with authority - halleluia!"For He taught them as one having authority and not as scribes" Mat 7:29

Tell me what path of salvation mohammed offered to his people and how to achieve it and I will show you the only way to God the Father (my very own daddy)!
call muhammad(pbuh) whatever names you like, it doesnt change who he was.....you are sure of your religion and so am i christian scholars who are more knowledgeable than you have given testimonies about the holy quran and muhammad(saw). A christian bishop Boyed Carpenter said in his book titled PERMANENT ELEMENT IN RELIGION page 30 had this to say:muhammad(SAW) is by msny seen only through the fool which dread and ignorance have spread around him. To them he is an object of horror against which any evil might be said..but now the mist of predict has cleared away, we can afford to see "the founder of islam in fairer light"
there are many other testimonies but i wont go into details...i know ur only path to salvation...which looks very easy and simple...but trust me my dear, the simple and easy way isnt always the right way.....enjoy your simple way to salvation, on judgement day, we shall see who the losers and winners are.....Allah says in the glorious quran " And whoever seeks a religion other than islam, it will never be accepted of him and in the hereafter he will be one of the losers" surah3:85
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Emusan(m): 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2013
udatso: call muhammad(pbuh) whatever names you like, it doesnt change who he was.
Nobody is calling Muhammad any name than a prophet who was sent by Angel.

you are sure of your religion and so am i christian scholars who are more knowledgeable than you have given testimonies about the holy quran and muhammad(saw).
we are not talking about religion here, we only talk about salvation of our soul.

A christian bishop Boyed Carpenter said in his book titled PERMANENT ELEMENT IN RELIGION page 30 had this to say:muhammad(SAW) is by msny seen only through the fool which dread and ignorance have spread around him. To them he is an object of horror against which any evil might be said..but now the mist of predict has cleared away, we can afford to see "the founder of islam in fairer light"
there are many other testimonies but i wont go into details.[quote]
Ok!

[quote]i know ur only path to salvation...which looks very easy and simple...but trust me my dear, the simple and easy way isnt always the right way.....enjoy your simple way to salvation, on judgement day, we shall see who the losers and winners are.....Allah says in the glorious quran " And whoever seeks a religion other than islam, it will never be accepted of him and in the hereafter he will be one of the losers" surah3:85

You never quote any verses where Muhammad(SAW) shows the path to salvation. Please kindly do that.

God will continue to bless us and uphold us with His arms.

I'm so glad you even recognized God's existence.
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2013
Eben 2:

Whoa! That Jesus was neither killed nor crucified is another twist in Islam effort in finding a way to castigate Jesus resurrection. I will give one more twist that Islam has apart from the one mentioned above and after explain what they don’t know or they know but refuse to believe.

But first, Matt 12:39-40 that is quoted above is self explanatory but the writer wanting to fabricate lies decided not to quote it in full. I will do that for him: “But He answered and said unto them. An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it but the sign of prophet Jonas: for as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly: shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH”. So how would He have spent 3 days and nights in the heart of the earth if He didn’t die my brother? Jesus went to the heart of the earth and did not remain there but arose and ascended into heaven after showing Himself to over 500 people. Quran 3:55.

Please brother what are u reading? Where is your mind? Can't u reason? You are reading something and u are giving it a direct opposite meaning.
Jesus said the only sign (miracle) he can give them is that of Jonah for as Jonah was 3 days and 3nights in the belly of the whale so shall the son of man be.
For 3 days and 3 nights Jonah was alive, alive, ALIVE in the belly of the whale. Jesus was alive, alive, ALIVE in the heart of the earth.
Jonah never die at any time during the tribulations
Jesus never die at any point during the tribulations
The word of Jesus is better than the words of not only 500 but even a billion christian.
If Jesus himself has said he is not going to die then to hell with the christian world. The words of Jesus the prophet of God is enough for us muslims

Another twist that Islam has to the death and resurrection of Jesus apart from the above is “Swoon”. A situation where people who have been thought dead suddenly come to life before burial. An explanation of over two hundred years old maintains that this is what happened. Jesus did not die on the cross (they say) but fainted or swooned from exhaustion. After this, He revived in the cool of the tomb and when He emerged the disciples wrongly jumped to the conclusion that He had risen from the dead! This explanation has come into prominence through a heretical sect of Muslims called the Ahmadiya who maintain that after Jesus escaped from the tomb, He eventually went to Kashmir. He then died at the age of 120. Notwithstanding, they have not been able to provide any historical evidence in this regard and their assertion is totally against quran 3:55 which says Jesus ascended into heaven (not that we need such assertion).

Is this so? Did Jesus really die on the cross or was He drugged? It is significant to find that the facts do not support this theory. Why and how?

First, the Roman soldiers knew their job well. It was more than their lives were worth to make a mistake when dealing with their chief victim. From Roman history we know a great deal about the Roman army and its military discipline. According to a Roman historian, the Roman guard was a sixteen man security unit, each man of which was trained to protect six square feet of ground. If one man in the guard failed in his duty, he was automatically executed along with the other fifteen. Members of such a guard were well aware of the punishment that awaited them all if just one fell asleep or left his position. In view of this, it seems incredible that the whole of the Roman guard fell asleep on duty at the same time.

Moreover, Pilate too would never have given permission for Joseph to bury the body of Jesus unless he was absolutely sure that he was dead. In fact, everyone (including the accusers) connected with the crucifixion agrees about one thing – Jesus was dead and they should know what happened because they were there.

Secondly, there is one detail that the Islam claims ignore. John in his Gospel tells us that one of the Roman soldiers pierced side of Jesus with a spear “bringing a sudden flow of blood and water” (John 19:34). This is the kind of detail which only an eye witness would notice. From a medical point of view, the reference to water is particularly significant. The most probable explanation of the blood and water is that given by Professor Rendle Short, late Professor of Surgery at Bristol University. He said and I quote: “As a result of the spiritual and physical agony endured by Christ, a condition of acute dilation of the stomach may have developed and the spear would draw watery fluid from the stomach and blood from the heart and great vessels of the thorax. Needless to say such a wound would be instantly fatal if the victim was not already dead, as indeed he was”.

Thirdly, If Jesus revived in the tomb, He must have been in an extremely weak condition. Before His crucifixion, He endured Roman flogging which left Him so week that He was unable, as was customary to carry His own cross. He was then crucified (the most painful death Roman ingenuity could device) and left to hang on the cross through the mounting heat of the day. After this, He was without food or water for three days! How then from inside a sealed and guarded tomb did He manage to move the huge stone that covered its entrance and escape from the guards outside? Then, how was it that in this extremely weak condition He was ever able to convince anyone that He was conqueror over death and the grave?
Over a century ago, Strauss, himself a sceptic, admitted this when he said: “it is impossible that a being who had stolen half-dead out of the sepulchre who crept out about weak and ill, wanting medical treatment, who required bandaging, strengthening and indulgence and who still at least yielded to His sufferings, could have given the disciples the impression that He was a conqueror over the death and the grave, the Prince of Life, an impression which lay at the bottom of their future ministry”.

Finally, if this Islamic assertion is correct, Jesus must have perpetrated a deliberate fraud by passing Himself off as one risen from the dead. This leaves us with a fraudulent Jesus, which is contrary to His KNOWN moral character and even more difficult to believe.

Now my friend, having given you the above explanations about the lies you have been fed with. It will do you good if only you would trust in the Lord Jesus, “the first and the last, who was dead and is alive” Rev 2:8. He alone has the key to life and death; He alone can deliver you from sin and its penalty. Ponder on the kind of suffering and anguish He went through so that you can be reconciled back to God. Repent and ask Him to come into your heart. Open your heart to Him today to experience His power. Do it and do it now!
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
Eben 2:

Please brother what are u reading? Where is your mind? Can't u reason? You are reading something and u are giving it a direct opposite meaning.
Jesus said the only sign (miracle) he can give them is that of Jonah for as Jonah was 3 days and 3nights in the belly of the whale so shall the son of man be.
For 3 days and 3 nights Jonah was alive, alive, ALIVE in the belly of the whale. Jesus was alive, alive, ALIVE in the heart of the earth.
The word of Jesus is better than the words of not only 500 but even a billion christian.
If Jesus himself has said he is not going to die then to hell with the christian world. The words of Jesus the prophet of God is enough for us muslims

For 3 days and 3 nights Jonah was alive, alive, ALIVE in the belly of the whale. Jesus was alive, alive, ALIVE in the heart of the earth. Matt: 12:38-40
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by Eben2: 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
mahdino:

For 3 days and 3 nights Jonah was alive, alive, ALIVE in the belly of the whale. Jesus was alive, alive, ALIVE in the heart of the earth. Matt: 12:38-40

I wonder how people can be so blind even when their eyes are wide open!! With all the evidences I gave above? What evidence do you have that Jesus was alive, alive, ALIVE in the heart of the earth? Or can you explain what happened at the golgotta in a better way since you are so sure he was alive, alive, ALIVE in the heart of the earth?

Ok, since you dont understand what Mat 12:39-40 is saying and you believe the words of Jesus is better than 500 and even a billion christian; let me give you (for the last time) a more vivid and clearer words of Jesus on his death: "For He shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: and they shall scourge Him, and put Him to death: and the third day He shall rise again" Luk 18:32-33; Mat 16:21; Luk 9:22; Mark 9:31; Mat 17:22-23.

He went through all these just for you and I. Halleluia! You also can experience what He gave me: peace, love and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Re: RE What Does The Koran Says About Jesus And The Bible by mahdino: 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
Eben 2:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Antidote For Islamophobia, 'ISLAMOPHOBIN' / Hadith Of Today 204 / Fortune Telling In Islam And How To Repent From It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.