Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. (22734 Views)

32-year-old Engineer In Police Net For Molesting Primary School Pupil / Three Men Arrested For Molesting Pregnant Woman / 2 Friends Arrested For Molesting A Girl In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by vislabraye(m): 8:55am On Jul 29, 2013
This news is beyond bizarre.

An award-winning Nigerian music director, Aswad Ayinde, found guilty of fathering children with his daughters will spend the rest of his life in jail.

According to Mail Online, Ayinde, 55, of Paterson, New Jersey, United States, was sentenced to 50 years in prison on Friday after being found guilty in the second of five expected trials in which he is accused of repeatedly raping his six daughters, resulting in six children being fathered.

Mr. Ayinde was found guilty in his latest trial of having intercourse with a daughters when she was as young as eight-years-old. The second sentence adds to the 40 year sentence Mr Ayinde received in a 2011 trial for sexually assaulting a separate daughter.

Mr. Ayinde is known for directing the music video for the Fugees 1996 smash hit “Killing Me Softly.”

In a disturbing disclosure during his first trial, Mr. Ayinde’s former wife said he was trying to create a “pure family bloodline” by impregnating his daughters. He even claimed during a pre-trial hearing before the first trial that “the world was going to end, and it was just going to be him and his offspring and that he was chosen.”

In this latest trial, it was revealed that Mr. Ayinde began having intercourse with his second daughter from the time she eight-years-old, impregnating her four times.

The sexual assaults happened for almost 30 years until Mr. Ayinde and his wife separated, officials said. They occurred in numerous homes across northern New Jersey, even while the family was under watch of state child welfare officials, according to NBC New York. Some of the rapes even took place in an abandoned funeral home.

The family moving as far away as Florida to avoid investigation after case workers removed multiple children from the Ayinde household in 2000, resulting in Mr. Ayinde being arrested for kidnapping for trying to take them from state custody in a medical center, NBC New York reported.

He pleaded guilty to lesser charges and received a year’s probation – as he continued raping one daughter for at least another two years, according to officials.

The depraved father also beat and starved the girls using wooden boards and steel-toed boots for even “minor transgressions,” Ayinde’s wife testified at the first trial.

Some of the children Ayinde fathered with his daughters were born in the home, with at least two babies who died in the home having been buried without notifying authorities or obtaining birth certificates, NBC New York reported.

Ayinde’s tortured daughters were home schooled and isolated from other children, so as to keep the family secrets hidden, the station added.

With his wife too afraid to confront him, Mr. Ayinde carried out his evil plan without hindrance even while directing the music video for the Fugees 1996 breakout hit ‘Killing Me Softly, for which he won  ‘Best R&B Video’ at the 1996 MTV Music Video Awards. The Fugees are also originally from Northern New Jersey.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/17805-nigerian-jailed-90-years-in-us-for-fathering-six-children-with-own-daughters.html

3 Likes

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by amiskurie(m): 9:14am On Jul 29, 2013
this is beyond oforkooo! grin
mr ayinde adopted a native american spirit,he is nt with a nigerian spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by oduz: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2013
Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by vislabraye(m): 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
amiskurie: this is beyond oforkooo! grin
mr ayinde adopted a native american spirit nt with a nigerian spirit.

Yes, but a Nigerian name.
Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by Freiburger(m): 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
Molesting one's own daughter. Ode.

1 Like

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
Another nigerian dragging our name in to d muds. If it was in nigeria yerima will defend him

3 Likes

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by Airforce1(m): 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
I'm law abiding..

I don't want to post a comment that would violate rule Number 1 of Nairaland.

Make I just dey observe*
Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by herbeytv(m): 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
i beg who is this guy?

1 Like

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by ugotuf(m): 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
ANOTHER BLACK SHEEP

1 Like

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by sweetgala(m): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ooh boy that guy no resemble Nigerian. Very evil something. Sango punish you.

1 Like

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by nerodenero: 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
The man is a beast,he should be taken to jail in complete isolation as he is not fit to live among human beings.
Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by joshuaidibia(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
Nt his fault. SHAME ON CONJI

1 Like

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
Too bad
Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by Flygerian1(m): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
Brake broom inside im prick den mix cement with milk givam make im drink. After that, putam for AC make im have gud rest.

2 Likes

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by leunamme93(m): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
herbeytv: i beg who is this guy?
so you know know am?? Chie small pikin.
Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ewu nla leleyi

1 Like

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by passionate88: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
Na wa o!.
Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
Embarrassing

1 Like

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by naptu2: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
Is Charles McGill (who adopted the name Aswad Ayinde) a nigerian?

3 Likes

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
Usor otuo.Akazuya na awhu
Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by eriegua83: 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
If I say U̶̲̥̅̊ re worst dan Α̅ beast, they will say I ve insulted U̶̲̥̅̊. I won't say anything because "my mouth" travelled.
Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by Henrypraise: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
Nigeria needs cleansing. All these tins ar signs for d end time (not of the world but of Nigeria)

1 Like

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by deebrain(m): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
holy jehoshaphat!!! What is this world turning to?

1 Like

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by ichommy(m): 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
So Sad
Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
shocked

1 Like

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by MAYOWAAK: 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
Is this Aswad Ayinde a Nigerian? .... too many speculations, one thing I know is that when he won MTV or whatever award he won, I don't know that Nigerians celebrated him as one of their own.... Now dat e don do wetin person no suppose do, I dey see headlines claiming him.... Okay oooo.. Make CNN go look for im family house for Lagos o to go interview im grandmother abi

1 Like

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by anonimi: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
I think he should appeal to SINator Yerima, the serial child molester sponsoring child marriage law to bail him out of his misery.
He might just be lucky to get transferred to serve his prison term in Nigerias and pronto we know he will be freed.
Maybe he relied on his religious book and role model for the horrible behaviour.
SMH!!!

4 Likes

Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
Na wa ooo...
Re: Aswad Ayinde Arrested For Molesting His Daughters. by naptu2: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ojowanle: There is a story making the rounds amongst several Nigerian blogs and a national newspaper that a Nigerian man has been sentenced in America to 90yrs in prison for having children with his daughters but apart from his name there is little or no evidence that he is Nigerian.

The story was initially reported by Mail Online of the UK and here is how it was reported:

An award-winning music director, Aswad Ayinde, found guilty of fathering children with his daughters will spend the rest of his life in jail.

Ayinde, 55, of Paterson, New Jersey, United States, was sentenced to 50 years in prison on Friday after being found guilty in the second of five expected trials in which he is accused of repeatedly raping his six daughters, resulting in six children being fathered.

Mr. Ayinde was found guilty in his latest trial of having intercourse with a daughters when she was as young as eight-years-old. The second sentence adds to the 40 year sentence Mr Ayinde received in a 2011 trial for sexually assaulting a separate daughter.

Mr. Ayinde is known for directing the music video for the Fugees 1996 smash hit “Killing Me Softly.”

In a disturbing disclosure during his first trial, Mr. Ayinde’s former wife said he was trying to create a “pure family bloodline” by impregnating his daughters. He even claimed during a pre-trial hearing before the first trial that “the world was going to end, and it was just going to be him and his offspring and that he was chosen.”

In this latest trial, it was revealed that Mr. Ayinde began having intercourse with his second daughter from the time she eight-years-old, impregnating her four times.

The sexual assaults happened for almost 30 years until Mr. Ayinde and his wife separated, officials said. They occurred in numerous homes across northern New Jersey, even while the family was under watch of state child welfare officials, according to NBC New York. Some of the rapes even took place in an abandoned funeral home.

The family moving as far away as Florida to avoid investigation after case workers removed multiple children from the Ayinde household in 2000, resulting in Mr. Ayinde being arrested for kidnapping for trying to take them from state custody in a medical center, NBC New York reported.

He pleaded guilty to lesser charges and received a year’s probation – as he continued raping one daughter for at least another two years, according to officials.

The depraved father also beat and starved the girls using wooden boards and steel-toed boots for even “minor transgressions,” Ayinde’s wife testified at the first trial.

Some of the children Ayinde fathered with his daughters were born in the home, with at least two babies who died in the home having been buried without notifying authorities or obtaining birth certificates, NBC New York reported.

Ayinde’s tortured daughters were home schooled and isolated from other children, so as to keep the family secrets hidden, the station added.

With his wife too afraid to confront him, Mr. Ayinde carried out his evil plan without hindrance even while directing the music video for the Fugees 1996 breakout hit ‘Killing Me Softly, for which he won ‘Best R&B Video’ at the 1996 MTV Music Video Awards. The Fugees are also originally from Northern New Jersey.

Ayinde’s original name is Charles/Eric McGill and not a single one of the American or British publications that reported the story made mention of a Nigerian ancestry. He was referred to as “a Patterson, New Jersey, native” in [b]XXlMag.com [/b]in March.

We at urnaija would really appreciate it if anyone can provide satisfactory evidence that Charles McGill/Aswad Ayinde has any Nigerian connections apart from his name.

As Nigerians, we get a lot of bad press as it is and we shouldn’t start making false contributions to it.

- See more at: http://www.urnaija.com/aswad-ayinde-man-jailed-for-90yrs-in-us-not-nigerian/#sthash.8bDxPQUv.dpuf

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Male And Female Beggars Fight Over Money In Enugu. Photos / DSS Arrest 59 Commercial Sex Workers In Calabar / Teenage Boy Who Sneaked Into A House And Stole Valuables Replays How He Broke In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.