Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,336 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (77183 Views)

Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads? / Best 5 Cars For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by id4sho(m): 7:33pm On May 17, 2017
msb247:
After using Double King 205/55 R16 for at least 4 years, I ran into a deep pothole on the way to Minna that got me worried about the tyre sometime last year but to my surprise nothing happened! I even thought the tyre will become useless because I felt the slight hit on the rim. Recently, I replaced the tyres with the same product again. Relatively cheap and dependable.

I heard Maxxis is of a very high quality too. I bought it this month on another car that had Michelin but I haven't used it long enough to say much about it.
how much is r16 double King
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by zdi77(m): 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
www.oduaki.com sells tyres at cheap rate ...
you can check it out
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by saddyn: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
Please I want to import double King tires but I can't seem to find their website. Any information on how to go about it please?
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by drpossibilities(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2019
msb247:
After using Double King 205/55 R16 for at least 4 years, I ran into a deep pothole on the way to Minna that got me worried about the tyre sometime last year but to my surprise nothing happened! I even thought the tyre will become useless because I felt the slight hit on the rim. Recently, I replaced the tyres with the same product again. Relatively cheap and dependable.

I heard Maxxis is of a very high quality too. I bought it this month on another car that had Michelin but I haven't used it long enough to say much about it.

I bought 4 Double King Tyres in 2014 and used them until 2017 when I sold the car with the Tyres and they never gave me issues despite my constant trips with the car from Abeokuta to Lagos, Ota, Asaba, Umuahia, Ibadan and Warri. I also used the car to travel regularly from Warri to Sapele, Asaba, Port Harcourt and Ibadan and the tyres never gave me any issues. Infact, I never had a flat tyre. In 2016 I bought double king tyres for my Honda and I used them till last Month when I sold the car with the tyres. I also used the Honda very well from Isolo to Lagos Island daily and the tyres never disappointed me. I'm surprised to read so many negative reviews about the tyre.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by jodeci(m): 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2019
drpossibilities:

I bought 4 Double King Tyres in 2014 and used them until 2017 when I sold the car with the Tyres and they never gave me issues despite my constant trips with the car from Abeokuta to Lagos, Ota, Asaba, Umuahia, Ibadan and Warri. I also used the car to travel regularly from Warri to Sapele, Asaba, Port Harcourt and Ibadan and the tyres never gave me any issues. Infact, I never had a flat tyre. In 2016 I bought double king tyres for my Honda and I used them till last Month when I sold the car with the tyres. I also used the Honda very well from Isolo to Lagos Island daily and the tyres never disappointed me. I'm surprised to read so many negative reviews about the tyre.

Sounds more like marketing the product.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by drpossibilities(m): 11:43am On Jun 08, 2019
jodeci:

Sounds more like marketing the product.

Well, you are wrong, the negative reviews have given me a cause for concern and guess what? I just changed two of my tyres today and I didn't buy Double King.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by kitsune587: 3:42pm On May 14, 2020
With this current economy, better to go with your budget. I have invested in cheap tyres before but ended up paying more bucks in repairing and then buying new ones. Also, they are not durable on off road conditions like gravel or rocky roads. I did invest on Michelin tyres because atleast they are durable. I wish I knew what I know now. I would have swapped them out 4 years ago. But again, please go by your budget, driving condition, type of the road, radius of your wheel, loading capacity, please consider all this factor before making a decision. I am not a tyre nerd. But this might help: https://africa.michelin.com/en/auto/tips-and-advice/advice-auto/help-me-choose-the-right-tyre
It talks about how to chose the right tyre for your vehicle.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by flexit: 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2020
See the top 10 Car Tyres that are durable in Nigeria and where to buy them here https://ikokuonline.com/index.php/blog/2020/07/14/top-10-most-popular-durable-car-tyres/
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by bonnyhope: 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2022
cecegorz:
I don't know about SUVs but I am currently using MAXXIS P205/65 R15 for like 18months now and I've never had it flat for even a day.
I bought the 4 tires during the Lagos int'l trade fair of Nov '11 @12k each.
The most important thing is to buy your tires from the genuine importer with warranty
. So many fakes out there.

Oga I want to try this MAXXIS tyres

How good it is and where to get original
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by bonnyhope: 8:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
nurey:

I went with "it is not about where the product was made but the quality I will derieve from it and over all the tire has not given me any course for concern"

The only complaint I can say is the side walls of the tire is too thin compared to savero or maxxis that I have at the back

Oga what's your testimony on MAXXIS tyres

I want to get new ones
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by bonnyhope: 8:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
cecegorz:

I don't understand your argument here.
Maxxis is currently a global company with presence in the US, EU, Australia, Thailand, SA, etc. The ones I buy however are made in Thailand.
I had retired the first 4 sets I used on the saloon after two years, and bought another four early this year, the tire rocks with pride.

Funny enough, this last week, I picked up another four set, P225/70 R16 for my SUV because it has been tested and trusted.
Caveat: I only buy from the companys' rep in Nigeria because I heard that some dealers are bringing in replicas from China.

Please where is the company rep address for Maxxis tyre
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by bonnyhope: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
msb247:

Pls share your experience with MAXXIS tyres
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by nurey(m): 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
bonnyhope:

Oga what's your testimony on MAXXIS tyres

I want to get new ones

Never used it b4, but back then it was of good quality don't know about now
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by bonnyhope: 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
nurey:

Never used it b4, but back then it was of good quality don't know about now

Ok, tnx
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by emeviks: 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
I used maxxis tires on my Honda Accord 2009 for 5 years and even sold the car with it . Never had any issues . Was always on the road; akwa Ibom, owerri and Warri.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
auhanson:
Go for 6 pliers tyres, you wont regret it, even at old no new tyres can stand it . It can withstand any kind of speed and road condition too because of its thick durable skin. It was built to last. I use them all year round in my cars, bought as fairly use and they never bursted or mishap on the road for once unlike some of the so called brand new tyres, though they are quite heavy- but safety is paramount. If i dnt see 6 pliers i dnt buy , whether new or fairly use, this is my testimony.
Biko what are plier tyres?? I’ve been hearing about it for sometime now and Google is not helping.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) / These 4 Expensive Cars Abandoned On Nigeria Roads Cost 1.2 Billion Naira / Innoson Unveils Tricycle Ambulance For Quick Emergency Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.