Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,332 members, 7,780,868 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:16 AM

MTN App Developers Competition Thread - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / MTN App Developers Competition Thread (22866 Views)

Ericsson App Developers Contest 2013; Are You Creative Enough / Android App Developers Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Divergent(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
life_style: I have an idea(winning idea) but can't even code ''hello world!

what do i do ?

don't ask me to give you my idea! angry

Learn.
www.codecademy.com
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by adewasco2k(m): 11:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
Javanian:

which category?
Education
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2013
NEROSKY: which platformis it Java Android Blackberry Lumia or iPhone

Android i guess
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 11:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
adewasco2k:
Education

whats it gonna be like? cheesy
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by adewasco2k(m): 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
life_style: I have an idea(winning idea) but can't even code ''hello world!

what do i do ?

don't ask me to give you my idea! angry

really funny......i feel your pain but i guess you either give it out or use it to cook soup like javanian suggested.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by lifestyle1(m): 11:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
Javanian:

use it and cook soup grin

I'm dead serious!
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by lifestyle1(m): 11:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
adewasco2k:

really funny......i feel your pain but i guess you either give it out or use it to cook soup like javanian suggested.

I'm serious bro!
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by lifestyle1(m): 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
Divergent:

Learn.
www.codecademy.com

wow, check what i did below.

Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by adewasco2k(m): 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
life_style:

now you can make an alert..... you are few steps to winning the 1M .....keep coding smiley
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
life_style:

That feelin when you print out 'Hello World' on programming for the first time. #so Epic!! wink

1 Like

Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by lifestyle1(m): 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
adewasco2k:

now you can make an alert..... you are few steps to winning the 1M .....keep coding smiley

grin

1 Like

Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by lifestyle1(m): 11:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
Judinho59:
That's the feeling when you print out 'Hello World' on programming for the first time. #so Epic!! wink

So easy! cheesy
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by lifestyle1(m): 11:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
@ Divergent, thanks!
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Gosj01(m): 12:15am On Jul 30, 2013
enigmang:

Mtn is giving you the motivation to work on your own app the app still remains your own Mtn is not collecting the app from you.. I don't see nothing wrong in Mtn gingering young people to develop apps...
Mtn is not giving d motivation to work on ur own app, but buying ur ideas(apps), re-creating it to be their own. mtn uses propaganda alot and that is what make me to stop contributing my app ideas for a gift that never exist. u can check their apps store and see for urself
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 12:31am On Jul 30, 2013
Gosj01:
Mtn is not giving d motivation to work on ur own app, but buying ur ideas(apps), re-creating it to be their own. mtn uses propaganda alot and that is what make me to stop contributing my app ideas for a gift that never exist. u can check their apps store and see for urself

System.exit(0);

2 Likes

Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by WhiZTiM(m): 2:13am On Jul 30, 2013
Janiobi: Abeg, if i was to win dat 1milla which i knw say na 4 dream dat one go happen, shey dat money go follow me reach hus or na 4 road d hole tin go start to reduce were i day settle Area boys, police and even d so called escourt way follow me....and of course na oga at d top must come knock 4 ur door wit mtn collect or mtn die (a.k.a thiefs).....leaving u wit just N100 way u go take recharge ur mtn line to call police
hahaha. Very funny!
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by WhiZTiM(m): 2:31am On Jul 30, 2013
Damnn!! See small oportunity to try my luck ohh!

Unfortunately, I was made to understand that the MTN NextApps store is for Android. Which requires Java Apps!
*heads back to learning Arabic cheesy

Fruitlessly checked the internet for positive encouragement to Android's NDK... But negetive...

And I can't throw huge money into xamarin. i wish they considered Microsoft Windows Phone....

Well, what more can I say...?
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by WhiZTiM(m): 2:45am On Jul 30, 2013
consideration for health...
A trival App but UI/UX must be exceptional!
Many people that purchase android phones daily, lack or may have forgotten some basic health science knowledge...
+Such as Balanced diet
+types of foods and their strengths in the body
etc.

Such app should provide offline medical and first aid knowledge... To how you should apply pressure to gunshot injuries, knife, etc
when you hurt your finger nails, etc.

And many more I could add

I THINK I have a few project ideas for Android programmers that MAY help...
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by BSF: 5:09am On Jul 30, 2013
nexva(MTN Developer site) will have 12 months non exclusive rights to your APP, distribute worldwide, on any platform. If 30days to the end of 12 months tenure , you take no action , the agreement will automatically renew for another 12 months.
My question , if your APP goes viral, making tons of money, what will the APP developer go home with? undecided Galaxy S4,1m undecided

The agreement should be more favorable, in the event of an APP that gets a home run! wink
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Ajibel(m): 5:45am On Jul 30, 2013
Me never get to d stage of developing apps for d whole Nigerians. The two i created ended up on my pc- ridden with bugs cry gudluck to contestants cool
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Ajibel(m): 5:52am On Jul 30, 2013
After reading whiztim's post, i just thought of this- An app where u can check up ur symptoms of brewing illness and then get possible diagnosis/medication for it. Saves u d hassle of pharmaceutical or hospital visits. Pharmacies can even list the drugs they have and their purchase price and you can "order" for it grin grin grin

am sorry it is a WACK iDea embarassed
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by adewasco2k(m): 5:53am On Jul 30, 2013
Javanian:

whats it gonna be like? cheesy
lol...not saying yet
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by lordZOUGA(m): 6:25am On Jul 30, 2013
BSF: nexva(MTN Developer site) will have 12 months non exclusive rights to your APP, distribute worldwide, on any platform. If 30days to the end of 12 months tenure , you take no action , the agreement will automatically renew for another 12 months.
My question , if your APP goes viral, making tons of money, what will the APP developer go home with? undecided Galaxy S4,1m undecided

The agreement should be more favorable, in the event of an APP that gets a home run! wink
If your app goes viral, you will still be needed for the continued maintainance
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by adisarasaq(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2013
I used to criticize all these telecom companies on their every day reality show only on entertainment but i must commend MTN on this. First it was NEXT TITAN and now this, the reward may not be ok but, it's an encouragement and i am sure others will follow.
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by haibe(m): 8:36am On Jul 30, 2013
pendusky: if seun was to give them the idea of nairaland then seun wldnt be a millionaire today

Is Seun a millionaire

1 Like

Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by brightedge(m): 8:49am On Jul 30, 2013
Nice initiative, but I don't like the idea of rewarding the first overall prize with a "big" car. Its better if they translate that to money. If an undergraduate wins the competition, I wonder what he would do with a Hyundai IX 35. Isn't it better they give money or some startup grants with some training and mentoring so that a business can be built around the app?

1 Like

Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by WhiZTiM(m): 9:01am On Jul 30, 2013
Ajibel: After reading whiztim's post, i just thought of this- An app where u can check up ur symptoms of brewing illness and then get possible diagnosis/medication for it. Saves u d hassle of pharmaceutical or hospital visits. Pharmacies can even list the drugs they have and their purchase price and you can "order" for it grin grin grin

am sorry it is a WACK iDea embarassed
Maybe sarcasm wouldn't work... Try a better idea... cheesy
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Javanian: 9:04am On Jul 30, 2013
ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ tongue
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Onyenna(m): 9:28am On Jul 30, 2013
**wish I could program**
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by WhiZTiM(m): 9:39am On Jul 30, 2013
Javanian: ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ tongue
!!ﺮﻴﺨﻟﺍ ﺡﺎﺒﺻ‎ Javanian

pronounced as
sabah el kheir Javanian!!

Meaning
Goodmorning Javanian!!

BTW, " ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ‎"‎ doesn't seem valid... Continue with Java its more profitable for you.... tongue
Re: MTN App Developers Competition Thread by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 30, 2013
Javanian: ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ ﺔﻛﻮﻟﻷﺍ tongue
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You've Always Wanted To Learn Programming But Failed, Be Here!!! / Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.