Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,415 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

"I Never Had A Girl Friend" – Covenant University’s Best Graduating Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "I Never Had A Girl Friend" – Covenant University’s Best Graduating Student (590 Views)

Nigerian Student Wins AIT University's Best Graduating Student Of The Year Award / I Danced, Played Football, Basketball And Rapped – Oti, Covenant University Best / Alma Oputa: Covenant University's Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I Never Had A Girl Friend" – Covenant University’s Best Graduating Student by trendystuf(f): 11:44am On Jul 30, 2013
Michael Eromhonsele sacrificed romance for excellence and emerged the best graduating student of Covenant University in Ota, Ogun State at 20. He was the cynosure of all eyes at the eighth graduation ceremony of the Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, on Friday. He was the best graduating student of the institution. To achieve this feat, he obtained a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.92, out of a possible 5.0, to beat 1,465 other undergraduates.
Congrats dear! This is what we expect from our students - dedication to their books! TSB has summarized this lengthy read to make it easier for its readers. Enjoy

Factors that helped him to achieve that feat
he says, “First, I must acknowledge God’s favour and his assistance.
Second, I did not entertain any form of distractions. I did not attend parties, and I did not have any girlfriend or what you may refer to as a lover. I concentrated on my studies.”

His study style?
Eromhonsele reveals that apart from the serene environment in the school, which is conducive for learning, he loves to read late into the night.
According to him, he started reading from 10.00pm and he won’t stop until 1.00am.
“Those are the hours I found most convenient to read. As soon as I closed my book, I went to bed. I woke up at 7.00am, and got ready for my classes. Lectures start at 8.00am,” he adds.

Other Awards
Apart from being the best overall student, he was also the best in the College of Science and Technology where he studied Civil Engineering.

On His Parents
Eromhonsele, who is his parents’ second child, explains that they contributed in no small measure to whatever success he recorded in the university. He stresses that they constantly reminded him of his background and they advised him not to lose focus.
“My parents were very supportive. They always reminded me of the home I’m from, and they also urged me to take my studies seriously,” he notes.
He explains that his mother, Charity Eromhonsele, is a business woman, while the father, Gabriel Eromhonsele, a civil engineer runs a consulting firm in Benin, Edo State. He says his father is a native of Igueben.

Education
Eromhonsele had his primary school at the University of Benin Staff School, while he attended both University of Benin Demonstration Secondary School and Greater Tomorrow Secondary School for his junior and senior secondary school education.

What next?
After obtaining a first degree, what next for Michael? Beaming with smiles, he says, “I have already got admission to University of Surrey in the United kingdom to read Structural Engineering for my Master’s degree. I chose this particular course because I feel the need to improve on the structural aspects of construction works.”

On life after school
Eromhonsele is already missing his teachers and friends as he confesses, “Definitely, I miss my friends and the lecturers, most especially my course supervisors. But I am happy, it is for good.”
The eighth convocation event was not all about Michael alone. A total of 1,466 students graduated during the event tagged Release of Eagles 2013. The breakdown showed that 114 made first class, 720 made second class upper, 565 obtained second class lower division, while 67 were in the third class category.

Sources: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/07/i-never-had-girl-friend-covenant.html, The Punch

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Seeks Quick End To ASUU Strike / Pls Ignore Broadcast Messages Demanding All Students To Donate For ASUU Demand / 2013/2014 Tasued Aspirant Let Hook Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.