Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer (2616 Views)

Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings / Jesus Prophesied and Warned: Paul is False Prophet/Messiah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2013
[quote author=shdemidemi]

You did a great job here bro.

God bless you.

smiley The lawless deceiving the lawless. Typical

I MUST COMMEND YOUR GRASSHOPPER MOVES smiley

Paul is a judaizer what say ye?

Don't ride on other peoples faliures

Try and present yours too smiley
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2013
JesusisLord85:

verse 11 shows you the context:

" No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

They were saying you must observe the law FIRST in order to be saved. It takes a year or more to fully convert to Judaism. Thse guys wanted them to pass through the usual rights, but now, through Christ, you are saved by faith and are a convert {to the religion of the Jews if you will, NOT some new religion called Christianity}. Notice what else James says:

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”

In other words, let them come to the faith. They will learn the rest (the law) as they attend synagogue every sabbath day.

You see. Judaizers all the way. Stop reading bible back to front.

Scoffers!! All of them smiley
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
JesusisLord85:

vs 20, the things he told them to observe. Where did James get that from? Torah of course.
In other words, they must obey these as a matter of urgency. They can learn the rest of the law as they attend the synagogue each sabbath.
Observing the law, NOT saved by the law. We don't observe it because we believe we are saved by it, we do it because those are God's instructions to his people, and we want to please him.

John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

What do you make of this?

Acts 21: When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. 22 What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23 so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law. 25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.”

Again, they kept the law.

Paul's letter requires a decent knwoledge of the Torah in order to understand it, along with context.

Shalom

Ain soph aur

Light without end smiley
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by DrummaBoy(m): 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
shdemidemi:

You did a great job here bro.

God bless you.

As for the judaisers, I hail you lot as well.

Thank you Demi
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Thank you Demi

smiley
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by JesusisLord85: 12:03am On Aug 01, 2013
MostHigh:

Ain soph aur

Light without end smiley

They don't realise that it is this lawless attitude that gives 'christianity' a bad name.

They teach that once you are 'saved' (simply by saying some funky, pentecostal 'sinners prayer' that Jesus never sanctioned), anything that happens after that doesn't matter, you will go to heaven. However, one day, I was warned by one of these guys that my doctrine may lead me into the devils hands or something like that. Hilarious, because I thought I am eternally saved lol.

God is not the author of confusion. But when someone reads the bible back to front, how won't they be confused.

"My commandments"..."To observe for all time to come"..."This is an abomination unto me".
What don't they understand about these words from God himself?
And at the same time they accept God is unchanging. So should one not ask the question "have I understood this text", or even, "do I know God", when they read Paul's writings and begin to interpret things contrary to the ONLY scripture they had in his day, the old testament books.

Can you imagine a guy writing a letter to your church and telling you some things God told him. Will you not pick up the bible to make sure it lines up with scripture?

But these guys reckon that happened, and people accepted doctrine contrary to God's word, just because a student of Gamaliel says he met God on the road, in a rather brief encounter.

The Bereans checked scripture and saw Paul was sound. What does that mean? It means he kept the law. What he preached about the Messiah lines up with what the prophets spoke.

I must say though, anybody in the 'lawless' camp that does not follow shdemidemi's critical assumption of there being 2 gospels, really has no leg to stand on. It is only with this supposition that one may attempt to say the law is for Jews, and 'belief only' is what is require for gentile converts.
Now I know his 2 gospel theory is absurd, even his followers try to twist what he says on that so they don't sound like heretics, but I would love to understand the mind of those that simply believe there is one gospel AND Jews and gentile converts are no longer require to keep the commandments because it is some sort of "yoke".
I have even heard someone suggest that if you keep the commandments, you lose your salvation. Lol, can you see the madness of these people.
When Paul said this in Galatians, he meant those who thought they could be saved by keeping the law itself.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 12:32am On Aug 01, 2013
JesusisLord85:

They don't realise that it is this lawless attitude that gives 'christianity' a bad name.

They teach that once you are 'saved' (simply by saying some funky, pentecostal 'sinners prayer' that Jesus never sanctioned), anything that happens after that doesn't matter, you will go to heaven. However, one day, I was warned by one of these guys that my doctrine may lead me into the devils hands or something like that. Hilarious, because I thought I am eternally saved lol.

God is not the author of confusion. But when someone reads the bible back to front, how won't they be confused.

"My commandments"..."To observe for all time to come"..."This is an abomination unto me".
What don't they understand about these words from God himself?
And at the same time they accept God is unchanging. So should one not ask the question "have I understood this text", or even, "do I know God", when they read Paul's writings and begin to interpret things contrary to the ONLY scripture they had in his day, the old testament books.

Can you imagine a guy writing a letter to your church and telling you some things God told him. Will you not pick up the bible to make sure it lines up with scripture?

But these guys reckon that happened, and people accepted doctrine contrary to God's word, just because a student of Gamaliel says he met God on the road, in a rather brief encounter.

The Bereans checked scripture and saw Paul was sound. What does that mean? It means he kept the law. What he preached about the Messiah lines up with what the prophets spoke.

I must say though, anybody in the 'lawless' camp that does not follow shdemidemi's critical assumption of there being 2 gospels, really has no leg to stand on. It is only with this supposition that one may attempt to say the law is for Jews, and 'belief only' is what is require for gentile converts.
Now I know his 2 gospel theory is absurd, even his followers try to twist what he says on that so they don't sound like heretics, but I would love to understand the mind of those that simply believe there is one gospel AND Jews and gentile converts are no longer require to keep the commandments because it is some sort of "yoke".
I have even heard someone suggest that if you keep the commandments, you lose your salvation. Lol, can you see the madness of these people.
When Paul said this in Galatians, he meant those who thought they could be saved by keeping the law itself.

Shidedemi the unfortunate heretic smiley

I say unfortunate because it is clear he knows better.

Principle chief scoffer next in line to Goshen in their facist style lawless cabal

shdemidemi's with his double vision problem smiley is trying to divide what the master has made whole.

They claim there is an OLD GOD and a brand spanking NEW GOD as well

Just a bunch of LAWLESS fellows smiley

1 Like

Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 01, 2013
MostHigh:

Shidedemi the unfortunate heretic smiley

I say unfortunate because it is clear he knows better.

Principle chief scoffer next in line to Goshen in their facist style lawless cabal

shdemidemi's with his double vision problem smiley is trying to divide what the master has made whole.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by JesusisLord85: 9:00am On Aug 01, 2013
MostHigh:

hahahahahahhahaha
They can claim the god they formed in their minds. I serve YHWH, who never changes.
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 9:15am On Aug 01, 2013
JesusisLord85:

hahahahahahhahaha
They can claim the god they formed in their minds. I serve YHWH, who never changes.

Never changes brother smiley
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by JesusisLord85: 11:13am On Aug 01, 2013
MostHigh:

Never changes brother smiley

I just read Acts 13 again. Paul hanging out with John - though we are told by one there are two gospels. How can two walk hand in hand unless they be in agreement? hahahah

My favourite part, for those who think Christ came to tear down 'Judaism':

22 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. 43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed. 49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region"

I was tempted to quote the whole chapter. I beg them to read it and consider what is written. So much can be discerned about the early believers.
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 11:15am On Aug 01, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I just read Acts 13 again. Paul hanging out with John - though we are told by one there are two gospels. How can two walk hand in hand unless they be in agreement? hahahah

My favourite part, for those who think Christ came to tear down 'Judaism':

22 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. 43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed. 49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region"

I was tempted to quote the whole chapter. I beg them to read it and consider what is written. So much can be discerned about the early believers.

Ain soph Aur

Light without end. smiley
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by mmark12(m): 9:19am On Aug 03, 2013
MOSTHIGH IS MOSTLY HIGH ON HIS DRUGS
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 10:09am On Aug 03, 2013
mmark12: MOSTHIGH IS MOSTLY HIGH ON HIS DRUGS
smiley
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by mmark12(m): 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
MOSTHIGH THE RoosterDrinker GRIP
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 9:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
JesusisLord85:

vs 20, the things he told them to observe. Where did James get that from? Torah of course.
In other words, they must obey these as a matter of urgency. They can learn the rest of the law as they attend the synagogue each sabbath.
Observing the law, NOT saved by the law. We don't observe it because we believe we are saved by it, we do it because those are God's instructions to his people, and we want to please him.

John 14:15 "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

What do you make of this?

Acts 21: When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. 21 They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs. 22 What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come, 23 so do what we tell you. There are four men with us who have made a vow. 24 Take these men, join in their purification rites and pay their expenses, so that they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know there is no truth in these reports about you, but that you yourself are living in obedience to the law. 25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.”

Again, they kept the law.

Paul's letter requires a decent knwoledge of the Torah in order to understand it, along with context.

Shalom

Not suprising the bolded keeps on going over thier heads, and the ones that acknoledge the challenge are coming up with obscene interpretations.

They claim Paul is a pretender a hypocrite like themselves

Who ever heard of do as I say and not as I do?

Children of the little horn, striving so hard to change the customs and traditions of the most high God.
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by JesusisLord85: 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
MostHigh:

Not suprising the bolded keeps on going over thier heads, and the ones that acknoledge the challenge are coming up with obscene interpretations.

They claim Paul is a pretender a hypocrite like themselves

Who ever heard of do as I say and not as I do?

Children of the little horn, striving so hard to change the customs and traditions of the most high God.

Christians persecuting the children of promise. Nothing is new under the son my brother smiley
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by mmark12(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
men oh men

MOSTHIGH IS CURRENTLY HIGH ON BURUKUTU
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
mmark12: men oh men

MOSTHIGH IS CURRENTLY HIGH ON BURUKUTU
./..
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by mmark12(m): 4:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
MostHigh:
./..

BURUTUKU AT WORKS
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
mmark12:

BURUTUKU AT WORKS
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Apr 15
MostHigh:
■ This post is addressed to Goshen Shidedemi and drummaboy.I will make it short and simple.You have all been quite evasive over the issue of paul observing all jewish traditions and cultures as witnessed by scripture
Not one of you have been able to defend your position when asked this question. Shidedemi tried by propsing the vows taken by paul were from a different lifetime and that after his conversion he was compelled to complete it.
I have kindly shown him his errors by stating acts 18:18 happend after his conversion.
My question is..
1. Can you tell me why you are quoting pauls words and only pauls words to fight against yashua AND NOT DOING AS PAUL DID?
2. And even after you have seen paul as a JUDAIZER as you put it why are you still raging and imagining a vain thing? grin
AWAITING RESPONSES wink
OP, it has been over a decade since you asked these questions. What I would very much like to know is whether since that time you have had a change of mind and maybe joined the bandwagon of those who cast Jesus Christ aside to raise in HIs place their twists(interpretations of the words of Paul)? undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Apr 15
PastorKun:
Acts 15:5-11...
5 Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses.”
6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”
This one na ridiculous response naw! It answers absolutely none of the questions posed nor does it address the issues raised by the OP. undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Apr 15
MostHigh:
You will always quote out of context sad Bidam thank you for putting it in the correct context smiley
You did not answer yes or no to paul being a judaizer. but I will still respond to your post to point out your error
1. you are a gentile hence you are to recive salvation not directly but through another race (why would any christlike person confess to be a gentile?)
2. you belive that my telling you to obey the law is a heavy burden but this is only true because first you are a gentile an unbeliver
If you had been a jew it would not be a burden it would have been to you for reproof and for instructions in rightouseness
God is HOLY first, Rightousness is just an extension OF HIS DIVINE CHARACTER. Without the LAW there would be no concept of [/b]RIGHTOUSNESS[/b]
I don't follow. I got the impression that you held the words of Jesus Christ above the words of Paul but it seems you don't do that either, or am I wrong? undecided

▶ How did you conclude that the other whom you responded to was a gentile(a non-Jewish Israelite) and not a dog(one of those whom Jesus Christ warned His followers not to give that which is Holy to)? In Matthew 7 vs 6 & Matthew 15 vs 20 - 28, Jesus Christ clearly expressed how His teachings — Redemption from the curse of the Old Law that came through God's covenant with David — was not to be handed to the dogs — Non-Israelites. So, How were you able to ascertain that the commenter you responded to was in fact of the blood of Jacob/Isreal, to begin with?

▶ But the Law was given by God for a National Constitution in the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. That Nation was eventually judged and destroyed by God first in 720BC with the destruction of the Israel half by the Assyrians whom God used to punish the Nation and second by the Romans beginning in 70 AD when the sister nation, Judah, was Judged and decimated. Out of curiosity, If the physical nation to which the Law belonged no longer exists — thanks to God's judgment and destruction—, what value is there to be had in living under that National Constitution? If Nigeria were today destroyed and colonized by foreigners who then abandoned the original Constitutional Law, adopting an entirely different Law or system in its place, is there value to be had in choosing to live under the Old system and Law at that time? undecided
Re: Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer by MostHigh: 9:13pm On Apr 16
Your first impression is right, The words of Yashuah are paramount.
Kobojunkie:
I don't follow. I got the impression that you held the words of Jesus Christ above the words of Paul but it seems you don't do that either, or am I wrong? undecided

▶ How did you conclude that the other whom you responded to was a gentile(a non-Jewish Israelite) and not a dog(one of those whom Jesus Christ warned His followers not to give that which is Holy to)? In Matthew 7 vs 6 & Matthew 15 vs 20 - 28, Jesus Christ clearly expressed how His teachings — Redemption from the curse of the Old Law that came through God's covenant with David — was not to be handed to the dogs — Non-Israelites. So, How were you able to ascertain that the commenter you responded to was in fact of the blood of Jacob/Isreal, to begin with?

▶ But the Law was given by God for a National Constitution in the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. That Nation was eventually judged and destroyed by God first in 720BC with the destruction of the Israel half by the Assyrians whom God used to punish the Nation and second by the Romans beginning in 70 AD when the sister nation, Judah, was Judged and decimated. Out of curiosity, If the physical nation to which the Law belonged no longer exists — thanks to God's judgment and destruction—, what value is there to be had in living under that National Constitution? If Nigeria were today destroyed and colonized by foreigners who then abandoned the original Constitutional Law, adopting an entirely different Law or system in its place, is there value to be had in choosing to live under the Old system and Law at that time? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Have Strange Spiritual Gifts? Come In And Share Your Experiences. / Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist / Great Theistic Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.