Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat (25569 Views)

Mad Man Kills 9 People, Sets House Ablaze In Enugu / 2 Okada Snatchers Nabbed, Beaten To Death And Set Ablaze In Abuja (Graphic Pic) / Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by zizman: 5:00am On Jul 31, 2013
Doctors at the General Hospital, Gbagada, Lagos, southwest Nigeria, are seriously battling to save the life of an 11-year old girl, Ita Bassey-Eno, who was allegedly set ablaze by the woman she lives with, Mrs Nkese Iroakazi, a nurse at a hospital in Surulere.

_ita-bassey-eno-in-critical-condition-448x336

Ita Bassey-Eno in critical condition

Iroakazi was alleged to have poured kerosene on Bassey-Eno before lighting a match stick to set her ablaze after the girl was said to have stolen a piece of meat from the pot.

Witnesses said the girl ran out of their apartment at 7, Adeniran Ogunsanya Street, Surulere, unto to the main road with fire all over her body as she cried for help from passers-by to rescue her.

It was gathered that someone quickly stopped his vehicle and used his fire extinguisher to put out the flame on her body.

The incident, which occurred last Saturday, was immediately reported at the Bode Thomas Police Station and the police from the station arrested Mrs. Nkese.

The little girl was rushed to the Burns and Trauma Centre, an annex of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital at the General Hospital, Gbagada, for urgent attention as the doctors in the hospital said she had suffered 95 percent burns and would take a miracle for her to survive.

Bassey-Eno’s private part was damaged, while almost all her body is burnt. The whole of her body, except her face and her feet, are bandaged, while she wears pampers because her private part was damaged.

On her hospital bed on Monday the little was groaning in pains while health officials described Nkese as callous woman and that she must be made to face the music.

Executive Director, Esther Child Rights Foundation, ECRF, Mrs. Esther Ogwu, who was at the hospital to see the girl, wept when she saw her pathetic state, saying that in all her life as human rights activist, she had never come across such a gruesome case as that of the little girl. According to Ogwu, the situation is terrible.

The doctor said the girl suffered 95 percent burns and that her private part has been damaged. This woman is more than wicked. Justice must take its course.

“One of the health officials at the General Hospital, Gbagada called me and said a woman poured kerosene on the little girl staying with her and lit up a match stick and set her ablaze.

The girl ran out of the house to the main road where a Good Samaritan used her car fire extinguisher to put out the fire.”

Little Bassey-Eno, who hails from Akwa Ibom State, southsouth Nigeria, was brought from the village with another girl, Happiness Okon-Bassey, 13, to live with Nkese in June 2013 on the premose that she would send them to school, but that was not to be as the two girls allegedly performed the function of domestic servants for Nkese.

The second house girl, Okon-Bassey, said she did not see when her colleague was set ablaze but that she heard her screaming when their mistress was beating her shortly before the she saw flame all over her body when she ran outside their home.

More

She alleged that they were maltreated and beaten thoroughly very often and that they had no time to rest as they work almost throughout the day for their mistress without going to school, saying that they normally eat twice daily.

Daughter of the alleged culprit, Ijeoma Akiti, 27, said she was not at home when the incident occurred and that she could not tell whether her mother poured kerosene on the little girl’s body and set her ablaze, but that she heard such story at the police station.

She said her mother was first married to her father and later remarried into the family of Iroakazi and that her mother’s husband had gone on a business trip to the eastern part of Nigeria.

At the Bode Thomas Police Station, police sources alleged that the little girl confessed that her mistress poured kerosene on her.

The police at the station said the woman would be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti for further investigation into the matter, but Ogwu alleged that the police were trying to shield the woman from prosecution.

In her statement at the police station, Iroakazi denied that she poured kerosene on the little girl’s body and set her ablaze.

According to her, she was in the sitting room when she heard a loud cry and rushed out only to see the girl on fire and called on people to help put out the fire.

Officials of the Lagos State Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, WAPA, were at the hospital and the police station where they spoke with the woman, but she denied the story.

WAPA officials took Okon-Bassey, the second girl with them for rehabilitation pending when she would be reconciled with her real mother.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/07/horror-nurse-sets-11-yr-old-girl-ablaze-for-being-hungry.html
Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by zizman: 5:03am On Jul 31, 2013

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by donted(m): 5:21am On Jul 31, 2013
The gal say u pour ha kerosene n put fire. You say u knw no hw fire take reach d gal body. Hnmmm, if u ask me na who I go ask?
My question is; 1. Can a sane person light up a little girl just because she stole a piece of meat knowing fully well the aftermath of her action?
2. Can this girl pour kerosene on her self n light her self up out of frustration due to over labour?
To me I believe the girl should be properly interrogated

14 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by baslone: 5:30am On Jul 31, 2013
Wonder why these pepos keep giving their kids away to some aunties in the city.

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 31, 2013
Is that for real? omg it is so sick to do that to a child..to anyone over a piece of meat, gahh!
Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:35am On Jul 31, 2013
Meat ke?wtf is dis woman thinking?justice must be done.
Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by TonySpike: 5:35am On Jul 31, 2013
This kid is from Akwa-Ibom state, a land said to be 'flowing with milk and honey'. Sometimes, I wonder if the so-called 'uncommon transformation' is really common with common people like this poor little girl. I pity her and others, who still come to 'slave' in Lagos at a young age. Their state is 'experiencing' unprecedented transformation and this should not be so.

I do hope the police get to the root of this wicked tragedy and also pray this girl survives this tragedy.

10 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 31, 2013
calabar 's still eat people in this 21st century?

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by nerodenero: 5:48am On Jul 31, 2013
I thought Mrs Irokazi who happens to be a nurse should save life and not the opposite.It is a simple logic,the act perpetrated on the innocent girl should to be done to her.Please the evil woman should be set ablaze too!

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:59am On Jul 31, 2013
We condemned child marriage. I think we ought to condemn child torture with as much loudness and boldness.

8 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Tolexander: 6:09am On Jul 31, 2013
Iroakazi
denied that she poured kerosene
on the little
girl's body and set her ablaze.
According to her, she was in the
sitting room
when she heard a loud cry and
rushed out only to
see the girl on fire and called on
people to help
put out the fire.
if care isn't taken on this case, the woman may be discharged and acquitted base on the trash she said by the 'nigerian court of law'. It will be better if very strong human activists can take the case up.

Yungwizzzy: calabar 's still eat people in this 21st century?
was calabar mentioned in the news?

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by kross101(m): 6:28am On Jul 31, 2013
donted: The gal say u pour ha kerosene n put fire. You say u knw no hw fire take reach d gal body. Hnmmm, if u ask me na who I go ask?
My question is; 1. Can a sane person light up a little girl just because she stole a piece of meat knowing fully well the aftermath of her action?
2. Can this girl pour kerosene on her self n light her self up out of frustration due to over labour?

This must be the most stupid post I av ever read on nairaland...mehn, u rily rily dull. Y wuld sum1 intentional pour kerosene nd light herself on fire knowin aw much it hurts even wen fire touches her fingers wch must av apend wen cookin or lightin candles. Seems u dnt no aw callous and wicked sum pple are...thou I dnt trust d police but am glad dis children right groups are involved

16 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by donted(m): 6:37am On Jul 31, 2013
kross101:

This must be the most stupid post I av ever read on nairaland...mehn, u rily rily dull. Y wuld sum1 intentional pour kerosene nd light herself on fire knowin aw much it hurts even wen fire touches her fingers wch must av apend wen cookin or lightin candles. Seems u dnt no aw callous and wicked sum pple are...thou I dnt trust d police but am glad dis children right groups are involved

The post might be silly to you bro, but the truth of the mater is the gal should be properly interrogated she I'll be in the position to really say what actually transpired between her n her madam. Mind you it take a DULL person to know a dull person. We r cousin grin
kross101:

The post might be silly to you bro, but the truth of the mater is that the gal should be properly interrogated she I'll be in the position to really say what actually transpired between her n her madam. Mind you it take a DULL person to know a dull person. We r cousin

6 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by mgbeketoto: 6:39am On Jul 31, 2013
Nigerian women and HOUSE-HELPS!
When they do not get attention in the bedroom. . .or with series of failed relationships. . . they take out their frustrations on their victims aka HOUSE-HELPS!

Daughter of the alleged culprit, Ijeoma Akiti, 27,
said she was not at home when the incident
occurred and that she could not tell whether her
mother poured kerosene on the little girl's body
and set her ablaze, but that she heard such story
at the police station.
She said her mother was first married to her
father and later remarried into the family of
Iroakazi and that her mother's husband had gone
on a business trip to the eastern part of Nigeria.

According to Ogwu, "the situation is terrible. The
doctor said the girl suffered 95 percent burns and
that her private part has been damaged.

It is VERY possible she set the girl on fire. . . or the girl did just that to frame her up! kiss
To think she has a daughter of her own. . . ? undecided
BIAFRANS IN LAGOS. . . NA WAYA! cry

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Prowizy2(m): 7:32am On Jul 31, 2013
U want 2 kill sumbody cuz of one piece of meat.
Poverty at its peak
Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ahhh that was very wicked of her shocked
Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by kokoye(m): 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
Take care of your own children...STOP SENDING YOUR KIDS TO LIVE WITH OTHERS!!

I cant shout again o!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by datChelseaBoy: 5:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
I heard this sad story on FRCN network this afternoon. So shocking. My prayer is that the poor little girl survives. I suggest she should be flown abroad immediately for specialized treatment.
Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by AnOlAd: 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
Jesu ooooo... Oloriburuku ni woman yi sha....

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by striker9(m): 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
Wickedness at its peak,this woman is a devil herself.The little girl will live with such a horrible trauma.
Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by crazygod(m): 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
There's more to this story jare. Quiz the second girl very well. I think she's the culprit not the woman.(Watching 3rd season of C.S.I)

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Babalegba(m): 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
donted: The gal say u pour ha kerosene n put fire. You say u knw no hw fire take reach d gal body. Hnmmm, if u ask me na who I go ask?
. If your I.Q is any lower, you would need a watering can. Only plants reason the way you do.

3 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
Are u kidding us?
Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
What
Nigerian nurses are wicked especially those Older ones when I was 9 I fell ill and I was taken to UPTH when they came to give me injections I was scared if you see the way this nurse slapped my eyes eh!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Perfectwazobia: 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2013
donted:

The post might be silly to you bro, but the truth of the mater is the gal should be properly interrogated she I'll be in the position to really say what actually transpired between her n her madam. Mind you it take a DULL person to know a dull person. We r cousin grin

The post might be silly to you bro, but the truth of the mater is that the gal should be properly interrogated she I'll be in the position to really say what actually transpired between her n her madam. Mind you it take a DULL person to know a dull person. We r cousin

keross are you normal at all,or you have done something similar to this and u r trying to justify urself
Or you gave the so called nurse the advise to burn the girl because I can't understand you
some1 is trying to make you sane but u r just passing blind judgement. Pls have a human heart

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2013
Nawa oh. Are people still this wicked and to even think that the woman is a nurse.
Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Boss13: 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2013
Tony Spike: This kid is from Akwa-Ibom state, a land said to be 'flowing with milk and honey'. Sometimes, I wonder if the so-called 'uncommon transformation' is really common with common people like this poor little girl. I pity her and others, who still come to 'slave' in Lagos at a young age. Their state is 'experiencing' unprecedented transformation and this should not be so.

I do hope the police get to the root of this wicked tragedy and also pray this girl survives this tragedy.

Akwa-Ibom has got road network, some good infrastructure but this milk and honey is not translating to money in the pocket. I have visited the place, you see good roads but the houses adjacent the roads are dilapidated

1 Like

Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Neaman(m): 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
Man inhuMANity to Man.
Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by OGHENE316(m): 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
if dis is true dn dis woman should face d law cuz it is clear dat she cn kill,d worst is d private part dat got damaged.God help dis littl girl o.Amen
Re: Nurse Sets 11-year-old Girl Ablaze In Lagos For stealing meat by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
Media and its obsession with sex. Why do we need to know the details of this girl's private area? Is that where the kerosene and match were placed?

So many psychos running amok. If stealing meat warrants being set ablaze, imagine stealing her phone of car. Smh. Hope she heals.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

31-year-old Nigerian Man Arrested In Italy After Attempted Rape Of A Woman (vide / Photo: See 29-year-old Woman Who Eat & Store Human Parts In Her Refrigerator / Largest Drug Bust In Mexico : 22 Billion Dollars Found Inside Drug Dealer Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.