Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Please Help! How Do I Treat A Chronic Urticaria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! How Do I Treat A Chronic Urticaria (1055 Views)

Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! / How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! How Do I Treat A Chronic Urticaria by esscence00: 6:59am On Jul 31, 2013
Morning doctors,mother and fathers in the house. Since february, am always breaking out on urticaria (hives) and i don't know how to treat. It is currently depressing me and affecting my social life. Your reply is welcomed. sadMorning doctors,mother and fathers in the house. Since february, am always breaking out on urticaria (hives) and i don't know how to treat. It is currently depressing me and affecting my social life. Your reply is welcomed.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Treat A Chronic Urticaria by jayokla: 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
you are not alone, mine too is severe, for over 15years now, was told the only permanent solution is to find out what one is reacting to,before now, I take prednisolone tablet every night but I was advised to stop cos it's steroid, was advised to take a tab of loratidine every day but because of the severity, I take 2...please if there's anybody in the house that can suggest a solution, it would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Treat A Chronic Urticaria by ArowefiAdema(m): 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hives, allergic disorder of the skin, characterized by sudden evanescent or repeated appearance of wheals, irregular, round skin lesions accompanied by inflammation and itching. Hives, technically known as urticaria, commonly appear on covered areas of the skin, but rarely on the palms, soles, or scalp. The disease, often appearing in conjunction with hay fever or asthma, is attributed to an allergic reaction, which occurs rapidly after ingestion, inhalation, injection, or contact with an offending antigen

Agents responsible for acute urticaria include many foods, such as fish, shellfish, nuts, and berries. Of the wide variety of drugs that may cause it, the most prominent are penicillin, serums, insulin, and biological preparations that contain protein. Insect bites may be responsible. Chronic urticaria is often attributable to materials such as wool, metal, furs, or silk; to focal infections of the teeth, tonsils, or sinuses; to infestations of scabies, lice, bed bugs, and worms; or to allergic reactions to light or extremes of temperature. In many chronic cases emotional stress may be involved
Itching may be relieved by ointments or lotions such as calamine. Because the antigen-antibody reaction characteristic of acute urticaria is believed to involve release of body histamine, injections of an antihistamine may afford symptomatic relief.
Microsoft ® Encarta ® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
you are advised to find out what may be responsible for your case and try avoiding it. Meanwhile, use the above recommended lotion or find out which ointment may be suitable for your own case by visiting a dermatologist.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Treat A Chronic Urticaria by sotum2: 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
Let the greatest Dr heal you, he attended to me without collecting Nothing:

Pls view this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/1262082/how-conquer-barrenness-medically-spiritually/16

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Virus Can Be Killed With Soap,water / 19 Best Benefits Of Mangosteen For Skin And Health / HIV - AIDS - Symptoms, Facts, Prevention & Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.