Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun (3764 Views)

Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Toady: ''I Have No Confidence In This Court'' / We Shifted Election Because Jonathan Was Losing--opc Founder, Fasheun / PDP Makes U-turn, Passes Confidence Vote On Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Gbawe: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2013
Looks like Gani Adams is now going all out to 'neuter' Fasehun.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/group-passes-no-confidence-vote-fasheun

Group Passes No-Confidence Vote On Fasheun
Posted: July 30, 2013 - 14:29

OPC leader, Dr. Fredrick Fasheun and Major Hamza Al Mustapha riding together in Kano

By Saharareporters, New York
A new group called the Media for Ethnic Equality (MEE) has passed a vote of no confidence on Dr. Fredrick Fasheun of the Oodua Peoples’s Congress (OPC), urging Nigeria to desist from seeing him as one of the leaders and mouthpieces of the Yoruba people.

In a communiqué issued after a meeting of the group on the renewed confrontation between Chief Gani Adams and Dr. Faseun over the role of the latter in the release of former hatchet man of late dictator, Sani Abacha, Col Hamza Al-Mustapha, MEE condemned in strong terms, what it terms the “unholy association” and appealed to the Yoruba race to drop Faseun as one of its mouthpieces and leader.

The group, which bemoaned the shoddy arrangement that led to the acquittal of Al-Mustapha, said it was painful that the arrow-head in a government that wasted the lives of so many journalists and notable Nigerians could be so freed with impunity on the altar of politicking.

“It is sad that the people in government and some desperate individuals could connive to settle for political gains with the blood of the heroes and heroines of our nation who laid down their lives for the enthronement of the democracy we are today celebrating. It is a sign of a collective resolve by the present ruling class to strangle patriotism and enthrone anarchy which we must all rise up to fight,” the group says.

The communique which was jointly signed by Gboyega Adeoye and Gbenga Soloki, Executive Director and Director of Publicity of MEE, respectively, called on members of the Oodua People’s Congress and the people of the Yoruba nation to renounce Dr Faseun as a factional leader of the group.

“We are of the opinion that a true son of the soil in Yoruba land will not pitch his tent with a major actor in a government that made living a hell for Nigerians; a government that killed so many of our illustrious sons and daughters in cold blood. Faseun has done similar thing before when he betrayed the OPC cause by hobnobbing with late General Sanni Abacha and later Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999 when the OPC had aligned with other civil society groups not to participate in a military tailored transition.

“It was this betrayal of the group’s resolve that made many notable Yoruba indigenes, including the late Chief Gani Fawehinmi, to solicit support for Adams faction which is today the main engine that drives the OPC in South-West Nigeria,” the communiqué reads.

MEE also solicited for a total blackout of all activities relating to the Faseun faction of the OPC in the media just as it called on media houses in the country to place a total blackout on Dr Faseun and his Unity Party of Nigeria, UPN, stating that his mission in setting up the party after the one founded by the late sage, Obafemi Awolowo, is to further plunge the Yoruba into deeper ridicule.

“For a man who has chosen to betray his race to struggle for leadership of the nation at the ripe of his age, the desperation is better imagined than felt. The sad end of Kudirat Abiola, Pa Alfred Riwane, Bagauda Kaltho and so many martyrs, so numerous to mention, is still fresh in our memory and this is why we have to rise up to register our disapproval to the deadly moves of some elders who are scheming to mortgage our future, our heritage, for their selfish ends,” MEE said.

“We shall not be weary but shall remain dogged and resolute in this determination to support a just cause and fight all forms of greed and political shenanigans to a standstill.”

1 Like

Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by donem: 9:53am On Jul 31, 2013
Ok
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by homesteady(m): 10:08am On Jul 31, 2013
Just because he refuses to lick tinibu's ass!!
BTW who's MEE?? I hope this doesn't make frontpage

1 Like

Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Maxymilliano(m): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2013
Bunch of attention seeking nonentities ...
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by seunmsg(m): 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
Fasheun is a bastard.
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Sibrah: 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2013
40 Crew una don reach here now now? Y not let them express themselves.
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by pullyacap: 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
Fasheun is gonna go down into d Hall of Infamy sooner than he could ever imagined!!!
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by yomanovic: 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
homesteady:

Does Gani Adams lick Tinubu's bottom? Is Jonathan right to have odered the release of Al Mustafa? Is Am Mustapha innocent? Is? Is?? Is!!!

2 Likes

Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by timpaker(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Monitoring and Evaluation Exercise (MEE) grin grin grin

Let the two old men go and mend fence between themselves joooor.
BTW: which of the OPC led fraction should be recognized? Answer = NON
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by omoba007(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
i beg, u people should leave Fashehun alone, he said that he is returning Al Mustafa in one piece.
or u na want WAR.
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
Yeye dey smell! hurriedly assembled branch of ACN!

1 Like

Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by omiobo: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
Fasheun has lost it. I can't respect such man. He is a betrayal,a mole.
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
[quote author=homesteady]
BTW who's MEE?? I hope this doesn't make frontpage[/quote
why so you people always attribute anything story from south west to mean Tinubu?? please stop insulting our sensibilities..... if your societies are not as educated as ours, whose fault?? Democracy is not only about majority, but also about minority rights..... if people decide to peacefully protest against what they don't like, what's it f** king business with that ....... is your paymaster GEJ a democrat?....... I mo blame you, you are only doing the job you are paid to do ...... mtschew
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Longeria(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
MEE MEEE MEEEE MEEEEEEEEE

This is a cry of GOATS. By the GOATS. For the GOATS.

GOATOCRACY.

1 Like

Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by AyeeIdris(f): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
I am confused. Isn't a group that calls itself 'Media for ethnic equality' supposed to preach ethnic unity and embracing every tribe and its diversity.
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
Abi ode ni awon eleyi ni.
because u guyz don't see eye to eye on issues nw, we should no longer see him as a leader.
Nigerians are crazy and its d crazy ones dat get into high positions.
vote of confidence ko, vote of no confidence ni
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ayee Idris: I am confused. Isn't a group that calls itself 'Movement for ethnic equality' supposed to preach ethnic unity and embracing every tribe and its diversity.
Thank you, I've never even heard of the stupid group.
According to ZEGBEYE " hurriedly assembled branch of ACN!"
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ayee Idris: I am confused. Isn't a group that calls itself 'Movement for ethnic equality' supposed to preach ethnic unity and embracing every tribe and its diversity.
Thank you, I've never even heard of the stup!d group.
According to ZEGBEYE " hurriedly assembled branch of ACN! "
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
Longeria: MEE MEEE MEEEE MEEEEEEEEE

This is a cry of GOATS. By the GOATS. For the GOATS.

GOATOCRACY.

1 Like

Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Opey4luv(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
Fasehun is a disgrace.
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
omiobo: Fasheun has lost it. I can't respect such man. He is a betrayal,a mole.
Betrayal? Hahaha, I laff in chinese
Pls what does he owe you?
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Olaolufred(m): 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
homesteady:

MUCH MORE LIKE LICKING FISHERMAN'S BOOTY.
WHY?
BECAUSE OF THE PROMISE.
WHICH PROMISE?
DO THIS AND I WILL GIVE YOU PIPELINE CONTRACT.

FASHEUN IS A DISGRACE TO HIS FAMILY,CHILDREN,YORUBA RACE AND NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
Opey4luv:

See ur life keeping space.
Oya sha type what u want to type
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
Olaolufred:

MUCH MORE LIKE LICKING FISHERMAN'S BOOTY.
WHY?
BECAUSE OF THE PROMISE.
WHICH PROMISE?
DO THIS AND I WILL GIVE YOU PIPELINE CONTRACT.

FASHEUN IS A DISGRACE TO HIS FAMILY,CHILDREN,YORUBA RACE AND NIGERIA.
Didn't u go to school. U have to back ur accusation with a proof.
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2013
seunmsg: Fasheun is a bastard.
Wow! Tell me more.
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by omiobo: 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
Promhize:
Betrayal? Hahaha, I laff in chinese
Pls what does he owe you?
He owes yorubas an apology.
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Longeria(m): 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
This is sophisticated madness, where were they when Fashola introduced new meaning of deportation, Tinubu is now worshipping a known terrorist because of politics, they see nothing wrong. Fools.

Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
Fasheun is a fool/traitor!
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by gbishop: 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
well, i am a yoruba boy and i seeing MEE for the first time. M.K.O, OBASANJO. DIYA etc were once tagged not representing yoruba. well if i can't represent yoruba can i represent myself? my question is who is representing yoruba and of what use is their representation since indepence if not securing the future for their children, name all the major roads after themselves and restrict the emancipation which by default is a necessity
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
**yawns**

Another boring topic. Who cares
Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Fasheun should go back and inquire what happened to Afonja......O TI DALE, O DI DAN DAN KI O BALE LO O

1 Like

Re: Group Passes No-confidence Vote On Fasheun by dplomaticVal: 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
He shd be deposed for he has outlived his relevance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'l Maim Infidels Over And Over Again If I Can- Extradited Nyanya Bomb Suspect. / Rabiu Kwankwaso Declares For 2015 Presidential Election / TAN Rally Happening In PH Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.